thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 14:42:18 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]anonymous tips can often be dangerous, but this one had been too good of an opportunity to ignore. there have been reports of strange activity coming from a single-storey building on the outskirts of lilycove. from soft crying in the middle of the night, to two men constantly entering and leaving in the middle of the day, it all does not bode well.

"you clear on the plan?"

he asks his assigned partner for the mission as the two of them make their way through lilycove, keeping in the shadows of the buildings. it's coming close to midnight, and the streets have started to quiet down. still, he remains vigilant.

"breach through the front. incapacitate anyone inside. save the pokemon."

simple enough, right?

@diablo
mission! / midsummer madness bingo prompt

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 4:01:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
if she had to be brutally honest--

she didn't really care much for the pokemon who were inside. nor did she care about the people - but here she was, getting paid to do some dirty work (it wasn't anything foreign: just another string of lives to line her pockets). but imagine her disdain when she's told to not murder! could you believe it? hiring a hitman, to not murder anyone? maybe she was being taken for a joke. maybe she should make herself known.

... but to be found out, and deported back to galar? fat chance.

the platinum blonde woman only gives a confident smile, followed by a playful wink. "crystal, sweetheart~" save for the incapacitate. if it were up to her, decapitating would have been more up her speed. golden eyes flash a glance over to the doors, all while she mulls over their options.

"so.. what? do we just crash in through the front?"
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 12:30:44 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]unfazed by the pet name, lance takes a moment to quickly study the structure of the building. one door and two windows at the front, two more windows on either sides, and an unknown back. the odds aren't in their favor, but they never are.

"yes. i like to keep things simple. makes my life easier."

lance reaches for her shoulder to stop them from walking out into the open. he hugs the corner, and calls out his porygon 2. "scan the area." beep boop, the porygon 2 starts its scan.

"how experienced are you?"

@diablo
mission!

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 3:54:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
that was a plan if she's ever heard one.

not that she was going to complain. not that she was ever going to complain.

her response was only a casual shrug, paired with a smug and confident grin as she gazed onto the building before them. if she wanted to, she would get her drapion out. if she wanted to, she could have her pokemon do a nifty job at hacking and slashing the rooms down. if she wanted to, she could litter the ground with bodies.

but that couldn't be done, and that's okay. she can play the good guy for a day.

the platinum blonde tosses out a casual wink the man's way, hand on a pokeball before casually tossing it out. a drapion stood tall over her, arms were slung to its sides while the scorpion hisses. "experienced enough~" was all she says, before motioning over to the doors. "enough to blow the doors off the place, if need be. and enough to ki--" ... ah, it'd be best to leave out that part "... you get the idea~. only if necessary~" or when she felt bored enough.

"asking me about my experience, before my name?" she playfully holds a hand over her heart, intending to feign and mock offence. "i'm wounded~."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 8:25:40 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance takes a moment to size up the drapion and her words that accompany it. enough to kill? the thought lingers on his mind even as the conversation moves. it's not an odd thing to say, but it certaintly sounds vindictive. or too casual. he can't quite decide.

"you don't look the type to wound easy." the porygon 2 beeps twice, telling lance there are only two pokemon inside. "besides, you don't even know mine. i thought you'd prefer it that way."

@diablo
mission!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 4:31:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 "bold of you to assume" she maintains a smile to her lips, all while her hand rests over her chest to keep the feigned offence. well, it's a joke that gets old the longer it's held, so she drops it.

"what can i say, though?"
her voice chimes, with the same casual tone she's been singing the initial meeting "i like putting names on pretty faces~" and she was willing to take the initiative. after all, they were going to be working with each other for the time being, even if only for a moment.

"blair. a think a name trade is fair enough?~"

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 8:54:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"lance."

a name trade is fair enough. he upholds his end of the trade, offering her a smile to seal it. he looks back to the house. no point delaying this any longer than they need to.

the porygon 2 floats up his back. "there are two pokemon inside. think you can handle one of them?" something tells him she could handle both of them if she wanted to.

@diablo
mission!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:02:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 he was a.. different one.

but one could easily argue that she was being too casual on this job, while he was only being more serious about it. either way, she'd like to think that some casual and laid back conversation before breaking doors and bones is a nice way to set up the scene.

her lips curl into a smirk at his request, and hell knows that she's itching to let it loose. "no promises that it won't cause a ruckus, sweetheart." and with a shrug, she leans her head back to the drapion with a grin. "go get 'em, mammon."

the drapion hisses, marching forwards and making quick work on the door. the large body slams into it, before ultimately ripping the entrance to shreds with his pincer-like claws. blair walks in after it, hands in her pockets while glancing back to lance.

"make sure to keep up, love~"

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:15:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]casual talk can come later. "that's fine." he watches the drapion hiss, charging forward to make quick work of the door. he steps in right after her, not wasting much time.

it's a small house but it's the many rooms that worry him. hidden corners out of sight, their threats lay in wait for them. porygon 2 buzzes and LOCKS-ON to a zangoose hidden in the corner. it lunges right at blair, but a ZAP CANNON is quick to paralyze it, causing it to fall to the ground.

"you owe me one."

@diablo
mission!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:44:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 oh, good. he wasn't a complete stick in the mud, after all. unfortunately, the discovery came at a time where her guard was down, and she watched the zangoose fall to the ground, only to attempt at getting back up.

"yeah, yeah." she sighs, swapping out pokemon in a singe, fluid motion. she replaces the drapion with a more able absol, with her knowing how.. limited her options were, trying to avoid killing.

"swords dance." she snaps her fingers, which leads into pointing at a seviper that thought itself to be slick. the absol leaps forwards with a hefty psycho cut, straight down rom the fangs across the body. not enough to kill it.

the pokemon falls to the ground, and she quickly snaps her attention to their surroundings more properly. trainers would be coming soon. "i'll pay you back in dinner, once ya lead us to the pokemon."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:48:46 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]just as expected, blair handles the seviper with ease. with the two threats eliminated, lance takes a moment to look around the space. "jelmo can't detect them which means they're in their pokeballs." but now comes the problem of their trainers.

footsteps sound through the narrow corridor, calling for their attention. "we have to make it out of here alive first." stopping by the doorway, he gives her a soft grin over his shoulder. "but that sounds good."

the moment of the trainers step into the room, lance throws a punch and takes them to the ground, leaving the other trainer for blair to handle how she sees fit.

@diablo
mission!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 10:07:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 ah yes, violence.

she thrives.
more than she probably should, but eh.

"worst case, we can turn mammon into a getaway bug." the image brings a smile to her face, and she could practically feel the drapion hissing in disapproval. not like that would change the trainer's mind, period. there were more pressing issues at hand, anyways. the absol stands on guard, anticipating the arrival of other trainers thanks to it's heightened senses. blair uses that as a.. timing compass of sorts. it's what she usually did when she wanted to evade the police, anyways.

her hands are still in her pockets - yet when they come out, the first thing she does is punch a man straight in the jaw with a pair of brass knuckles. she'd be a fool if she didn't carry them around with her. as the man keels over, she makes quick work to smack him in the back of his head with her elbow - hard enough to most likely knock him out for the time being. "way ahead of you~" she smiles to lance, who seemed to have finished his job as well.

she kicks dirt from her heels, and towards the man who she recently knocked out. was it fair? nah, not really. did she care? nope. not at all.

blair adjust the knuckles on her hands, glancing to her absol. no longer on guard, so they were probably safe. for now. but she still stays alert.

"oh, right. if we need anything to be broken or opened, i got a salazzle with some nifty corrsion." she tacks on. you never know.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 10:15:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]when the threats have been nullified, he takes another moment to take a closer look at them. "they don't look like scientists," he comments. guards, maybe? he isn't too sure. leaving the thought for later, he takes out two pairs of handcuffs and snaps them shut around the two trainers.

"good hit, by the way." peering around the corner, he begins their search for the experimented-on pokemon.

@diablo
mission!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 21:42:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 she gives a casual wink walking by, and doesn't care much for the scientists at their mercy. "damn straight" she tacks on, though opts to keeping the brass knuckles around her fingers. you never know.

she presses on, recalling the drapion to avoid attracting too much attention. though, she does stop to glance over at the knocked out scientists. "think it'd be smart to steal their coats? y'know, just in case someone glances at us and doesn't immediately go 'well shit, we're being infiltrated'?"

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
dark corners [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 18:11:33 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]just as blair asks her question, jelmo releases a quick zap and a beep, calling for lance to stop in place. he does as instructed and even shoots a hand out to stop blair from walking, similar to how he had done earlier.

"something's approaching."

whatever it is, it moves without making a sound. could it be floating? options run through his mind as lance assesses their options. jelmo readies a ZAP CANNON, but with no clear line of sight to LOCK-ON, it has to rely on its aim should it come down to it.

for now, the two of them wait for the approaching pokemon.

@diablo
mission!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing