celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 19:23:16 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the seediest bar she could find, she went into. there's no preference when it comes to places to get shitty. nope, the only requirement is a stocked bar. and naturally, this one has enough to last her the night.

she tells herself this is just what she does. it's not escapism or anything with some attachment to her psyche. only the urge for fun and messiness.

except, when she finds herself planted next to a man that has every intention of taking her home, it's somehow lacking the usual fun. odd, really. maybe she's just in a mood. definitely wouldn't be the first time. she still laughs when she needs to, drinks more when he drinks, and presses a little closer when allowed.

"you know," she murmurs, words slightly blurring together. it's fine, she can still sort of see straight. "i never asked what brought you here, handsome." idle chat to see if she can get anything out of this. an angle being played over and over until it's like clockwork. the bell over the door chimes but she pays it no mind.

and maybe she should've turned to see who wandered in but she's absorbed in the warm body beside her and not in the man that's about to catch her red handed.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 19:33:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]there's nothing for him to catch red-handed because, technically, giada isn't doing anything wrong. they aren't together. they aren't seeing each other. he isn't sure what they are if he's being honest. so everything should be fine, right?

this thought process is lost on him, however, as he peers across the bar to notice her doing her thing. he's caught like a deerling in headlights, unable to move, not even when the bartender calls out to him. just turn around and walk out, finn, it's not that hard. but for whatever reason, he stays.

"yeah, sorry," he finally replies before approaching the bar to have a seat. his eyes focus on the wooden floorboards below him as he waits for his drink.

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn b] color: #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 19:48:05 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the man next to her is saying something but it sounds like white noise. lips moving but no sound filtering into her ears. instead, she's distracted, eyes drifting to the body that's approaching the bar.

oh.

an eyebrow raises for a moment, the only tell that she's surprised to see him of all people here. and it lowers within moments, settling back into its usual spot. and by then, she's turning toward him with a grin. "hey," she calls, a hand offering a little wave. should she feel a little sting over him not approaching her in the first place? probably not and if she did, she probably wouldn't notice.

the man she'd been bothering moves his hand to her waist, fingers wrapping around the exposed skin of her hip. a reminder to pay attention to him, a summoning back into his orbit and not finn's. she ignores it for a moment, head tilting to the side. "what're you doing here?" the man grumbles slightly but allows her to wait for a response, instead ordering them another round of drinks while she's distracted. at some point, his hand moves a little lower but she doesn't pay it any mind.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 19:53:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]her voice forces him to glance up at her, which is a mistake because what he sees just angers him. again, there's no just reason that it should, but it just does. he can't help the pang of jealousy that hits him. 

"needed a drink."

it arrives a little too late for him to not notice the way the man's hand moves lower. his jaw clenches, body tensing as he reaches for the glass. it's just straight-up whiskey. no ice either. he downs it in one then gestures for another.

"who's your friend?"

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:05:59 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"rough day?" she's leaning a little too close to him, pressing boundaries until they snap. and the man next to her isn't that big of a fan but neither is finn, really. she doesn't notice the growing tension, oblivious to what's going on. instead, her grin grows slightly and she's reaching for her drink without hesitation.

her head tilts at the thought, as if it's curious he's even asking. maybe it's polite and maybe it's not but she's throwing a glance over her shoulder toward the man in question anyway. she's met with a mild look of annoyance, one that she diffuses with a wink. keep him hooked, keep him strung along. funny, she's doing the same to finn if she paid much attention.

"oh, this is james," she offers, turning back to finn. james sips at his own drink, observing the two with curiosity. he doesn't miss the way finn reacts to his hand wandering, not in the slightest. and perhaps to get a rise out of him, he lets it go a little further. giada ignores it, for the most part. she's used to being grabbed. it's nothing new.

glancing around, she's raising an eyebrow. "you're by yourself?" apparently it's just her that finds warm bodies to fill the spaces of her bed everywhere. it doesn't dawn on her that he's not that kind of person, not yet anyway.

her drink is finished and discarded, the next one already within her grasp. james has abandoned his, instead adding his newly freed arm to drape around her shoulder. a claim, even if he's lacking in the art of subtlety.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:13:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]anger feels unfamiliar to him and perhaps it is from his inexperience that allows it to grow so volatile. so dangerous. the tension between him and james grows with every passing second. the urge to fight rises in him but it quickly subsides. he is not a fighter. instead, he chooses to suppress his feelings.

finn answers none of her questions. he doesn't even regard her with a look. instead, he's reaching for his second drink and downing it just as fast as he did the first. the burn is good because it's distracting.

"one more," he mutters, tone unlike him.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:20:07 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the lack of answers is odd, throwing her for a whole ass loop. she doesn't notice the palpable tension, chalking it up to something different. what that is, she has no idea. girl's a mess idk what to tell you. anyway, she shifts a little closer, voice dropping as if she doesn't want james to overhear her. realistically, she couldn't give a shit if he heard or not but it's fine.

"you okay?" she murmurs. there's hesitation, as if she's not expecting whatever the answer will be. and maybe he'll clap back with some snide remark or he'll even ignore her again but she's trying anyway. the chase keeps her hooked, keeps her from saying fuck it and going back to what she was originally doing. "knocking them back pretty fast, aren't you?" is she rubbing off on him? no, probably not.

james has no choice but to remove his arm from her. well, she pries herself out of it in favor of asking finn more questions but it still stings the man a bit. he rolls his eyes and turns back to his drink but the hand at her ass? yeah, it taps once against her and then retreats as well. a reminder that he's still here, that he's waiting for her to be finished so they can leave.

she ignores it for the most part, tucking it away for after she's done.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:26:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the bartender provides a suitable distraction. he loses himself in his thoughts as he watches the liquor pour into his glass. he barely hears her murmur but he chooses not to answer, at least not at first. downing his final drink, he slides the glass away from him and reaches for his wallet.

"no."

there's no way the drinks cost fifty bucks but that's what he leaves. he doesn't even look at the note before he's keeping his wallet again and standing up to leave.

"enjoy your new toy."

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:31:51 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]oh. that's, um, unexpected. she recoils from the tone, the firmness of it. it's different, foreign compared to their last encounter. and maybe it's because of something she doesn't know about or because of the man behind her but she's confused. her face twists into mild hurt and then quickly replaces hurt with confusion, as if she's not allowed to be hurt.

she says nothing at first, merely watching as he pulls out his wallet and puts a bill on the counter. fifty, too much for the three drinks he had. it sticks out, then, that he's about to leave. and there's no hesitation when she moves to leave, moves to follow.

"what is that supposed to mean?" she murmurs. james doesn't pay them any mind, newly absorbed in a conversation with the bartender. she abandons her drink and her new toy in favor of following finn, arms beginning to cross over her chest.

"why're you leaving?" she doesn't understand it. not yet, anyway. he's not giving her much insight, either.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:37:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the door opens and the breath of air is anything but fresh. it feels almost toxic and he hates it. he doesn't notice her following him and maybe he shouldn't have been so surprised by it but he is. she's given him no reason for him to believe she would've in the first place.

"are you serious?"

again, it's cold and distant. the alcohol isn't enough to help drown the mess he feels. he doesn't look at her once, not even as he speaks.

"do you really not know?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:42:23 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"yes i'm serious," she doesn't notice the clipped tone she uses, the way it almost sounds like she's snapping at him. alcohol dulls enough to keep her ignorant in all senses of the situation. and maybe that's what's irritating her. it'd be easier to blame that than the simple fact that she doesn't like his tone or how quick he is to leave. huh, imagine that. the tables turned and she's not enjoying it.

"not know what?" it doesn't make sense. not enough for her to realize what's happening.

maybe she's being naive or playing herself or him but she's stepping closer, testing this tension between them. it's growing with each passing minute and she's not used to it.

"what's the issue?" her head tilts, expectant. as if she can make him look at her the closer she gets. and maybe she will or maybe he'll avoid just as she does. time to find out, she supposes.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:47:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]he almost steps out onto oncomming traffic if not for a car honking. he stops right at the edge of the sidewalk, hand reaching out to grab the traffic light pole to steady himself.

his heart rate is elevated and it isn't from almost being hit by a car. she's closer to him now and as they wait for the light, he realizes there's no place for him to run anymore. so he turns, meets her gaze with a look that's hurt and confused and angry, and asks:

"were you just using me?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:53:37 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the question isn't what she's expecting. the look he gives her isn't either. and while she's normally able to just roll with the punches, this one kind of hurts. it's a look she doesn't fully understand, one that isn't turned toward her. she's never seen the aftermath of her actions come back to bite her in the ass.

"i," she tries but words catch in her throat and she's stuck looking uncomfortable in the streetlight's glow.

silence falls for a moment, punctured by passing cars and the usual noises of traffic. seconds tick on until they become minutes and she's heaving out a sigh. face the music, you have to.

"yeah," she says it so softly it's difficult to hear at first. her eyes avoid him, instead watching the cars that pass. "i was." there's no use denying it. no point in beating around the bush. she was using him like she always does. taking what she can and then leaving. the same game played on a loop until it's all she knows. sometimes people understand it. they'll even play the game with her. and sometimes, like right now, they don't get it and she's left with the concept that she's taking a baseball bat to a heart.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:59:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the passing cars do little to pull him away this time. he holds his gaze through the silence, as painful as it may be, and waits for an answer he already expects. her words only confirm his darkest thoughts.

for moments, all is silent again.

"i genuinely liked you." soft and weak, his words barely escape him. the cars around them slow to a halt as the light finally switches. he steps away from her, crossing the street. "i thought you did, too."

guess he was wrong.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
757 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
don't play
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 21:06:31 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she never knew words could hit like that. like a punch to the gut or the throat or the heart. and maybe if she was more in tune with her feelings, she'd understand. but she isn't and she doesn't and there's no denying that.

she doesn't have a response for him, not yet. her brain is slow moving and struggling to understand concepts she never could.

and yet, she still follows him across the street, quiet and lost in thought. somewhere along the way, she's made a mess of this and there's no taking back what's been done. she tries, anyway, if only because he's a favorite game added to a collection she doesn't want to give up.

"i did like you," she offers. it's not in the way he means, though. not as far as she knows. it's favoritism, a game placed higher than the rest because the thrill was different and exciting and she wanted more. games like these aren't like the heists she pulls, though. she can't waltz into the home of someone's heart, take it, and leave without a trace. it's not that simple. it never has been. "i just -- i don't know how to do this."

guess today is feelings giada day.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing