if only you were mine (clos

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 22:08:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

there is no hope left.

it is a thought she never wanted to cross her mind, but it’s currently drowning her. there is nothing else she wants beside to be left to sink into the inky darkness that obscures her thoughts.

nubia sits before the ruins where the seaside shanty inn is supposed to stand. devastated in the invasion, the foundation of the woman’s hopes and dreams are demolished. her eyes are dried but the corners of her mouth tug sullenly downward.

auran stands behind her, paws outstretched to wrap around her back in a gesture of solace.

what does she do now?

@mason

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 10:12:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

there is no hope left.

not in kanto, not here in hoenn. rocket left nothing behind in the wake of their invasion but dust and rubble: buildings, memories, torn down to nothing but tiny pebbles, left to be scattered and lost. history lost, but not yet forgotten.

the aftermath is an all too familiar sight that he wills himself to see. to remember what he's fighting for. the streets are empty as he navigates through what remains of slateport.

he's uncertain if his memory fails him, or if there's nothing left of the city to be remembered.

all but one.

his heart breaks for her. his footsteps have long announced his presence before his voice does. he clears his throat and takes his hat off, holding it to his chest.

"i'm sorry, my dear nubia."

@tsundere

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 12:32:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he’s a memory she was meant to forget.

he’s no more tangible that what remains of the inn. the man who meant more to her than she can express. the hotel that meant more to her than she can express. but in this moment her chest feels hollow.

nubia feels the space where her heart is supposed to be contort and tighten.

she knows he approaches, the sound of mason’s footsteps prompts a wealth of memories. a hurricane of emotions begins to form. she was supposed to forget him.

“i was beginning to think you forgot about me,” she croaks, her voice betrays her as hurt and longing mingle with a dim smile.

@mason

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 13:01:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she's a memory he never wants to forget.

"i could never forget you, not even if i tried." there's a tug at his heart, a knot in his throat, that stops him from moving forward. it's like he's frozen in place and her dim smile does little to help.

he knows auran senses it, senses his internal struggle. he gives her lucario a familiar nod and wills himself to step forward.

all it takes is a single step before he finds her in a tight embrace, arms holding her close, unwilling to let her go. not again.

"i wasn't there for you when you needed me and i'm sorry. i'm so sorry, my dear. i never wanted to leave you." his voice doesn't travel far to reach her ears.

"please forgive me."

@tsundere

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 13:52:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he's a scar on her heart that she's glad will never fade.

"i told myself you were gone. gone for good..." nubia intends to continue but her words fade away, carried to unknown places on a pleasant breeze. nothing about this feels pleasant at all. the wounds he's left are tearing open at the sight of his damned face.

it's such a handsome face.

auran's aware of mason's thoughts and his demeanor, anticipates every move he'll make. the lucario regards the wanderer solemnly. this is the only instance where the pokemon is torn; he knows how much solace mason once brought nubia. he releases his grasp on nubia, causes her to let out a whimper at his abrupt absence.

she finds fortitude in his hold, submits herself to his warmth and comfort. nubia finds her face buried in his chest and inhales his scent deeply. she doesn't feel the wetness that begins to form in the corner of her eyes.

was mason saying something?

"i forgave you the second you left, mason." saying his name feels right.

@mason

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2018 13:28:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he holds on tighter than he should have but the alternative is too terrifying to even consider even for a second. he feels a massive weight lift off his shoulders and heart when she says she had forgiven him; she says his name and it's like a sweet melody that glides into his ears: a melody he's missed for years.

he breaks from their embrace because he has to. "it's not safe here, nubia. there are a ton of rocket forces still around; i almost ran into some on my way here." he hates that he has to ruin the moment but her safety will always come first. always.

"we need to go."

@tsundere

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2018 3:56:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mason doesn’t mean to be brazen; he’s only making her safety a crucial priority. Nubia is thankful for this since her head is clouded. His presence lessens her grief but it can’t remove it. “you’re right,” she earnestly answers, aching at the absence of his warmth as he releases her. “don’t worry too much, Auran has been keeping me safe.”

He’s likely the only reason nubia is still alive.

The hotelier yearns to adhere to his suggestion. Her heart demands to take control of the moment; she remains fastened to her spot among the ruins. “mason, i don’t have anywhere else to go,” she croaks out in absolute despair.

@mason

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2018 19:09:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"i will always worry too much," he leaves a parting comment as he releases her. still, he looks to auran once again because they two have an unspoken connection that traces back to when he first met nubia.

he takes one step forward but immediately stops when she doesn't follow. it's like she's rooted to the spot and it's a feeling he understands far too well. he turns back and holds her by her arms, leaning down slightly to match her eye level.

he has to be strong for them. "i know, nubia, i know. it hurts me, too. this should never have had happened. if only i was here…maybe i could've done something. anything. i don't know." he catches on to his rambling before it spirals out of control.

taking a deep breath, he calls out his gallade because he hears footsteps approaching. two rocket members; how they had managed to sneak up on them baffles him.

mason rotates so he faces them; he positions himself carefully between her and them. with his hat still in his hand, he slowly raises both in a gesture.

"we don't want any trouble. we're just trying to get out."

@tsundere

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2018 0:02:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she does not treasure his sentiment. nubia's never given the chance.

trepidation washes over her instead at the sight of the insignia that has already created a reign of discord over a city one bathed in serenity. the league member has an innate aversion to confrontation and violence. nubia never wants to cause any harm.

but they have already ripped everything she held so firmly in grasp away from her. she will never allow them to take away auran or mason. not the ones she cherishes the most. they've supplied kindling for blazing rage that ignites inside of her.

auran's response comes more quickly than mason's; he's always listening. the lucario lingers beside the gallade, gaze aware and the deep lines of his mouth forming into a frown.

"don't bother trying to reason with them. we're going to have to battle this one out, mase." nubia's words are full of disdain but a piece of her cannot deny the giddiness she feels. this is a dreadful predicament but battling beside mason will undoubtedly fortify her.

@mason

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2018 7:45:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

from experience, he knows they won't adhere to his request, to his voice that calls for reason. but he's an optimist despite all that's happened not only to him, but to the people he cares about. his optimism is what keeps him fighting; without it, he'd be dead.

they don't listen to him. they call out their arboks like the snakes they are and move in sync, assuming their trained formations. but what they lack and what they'll always lack is a connection beyond what training can provide. and for that reason only, the outcome of the battle has already been decided.

they fight because they're told to. he fights because he needs to.

"keep us safe, galahad."

it only takes a second for a WIDE GUARD to enact, shielding them from the arboks' combined ACID SPRAY. purple casts onto the ground, blocked by the invisible barrier that holds even against the toxicity.

gallade is quick to counter with an immense PSYCHO CUT; its psychic energies cut through the air, unhindered as it slices one of the arbok's tail almost in half.

mason turns and reaches for her arm. his grip is firm as his eyes tell the tale of a man tired of losing. "i'll keep you safe, my dear nubia, but we need to move. there'll be more." it means having to abandon what's left of the hotel, but it's something that must be done.

placing his hat back on his head, he starts taking steps backwards, pacing carefully as he watches the battle.

@tsundere