celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
poor unfortunate soul [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 18:31:10 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]okay, the locals of mauville can most definitely not fucking hang. what is this shit? they tap out after three rounds with the constant excuse that they have to head out. really, they just don't want to be beat by the blonde in another drinking game. she can't exactly blame them but damn, is it annoying to always have the challenges leave.

her eyes flutter toward the door when it chimes, curious if the newcomer will be a new victim for her to pounce on. and maybe they will be but not in the way she usually does. instead, beating someone in a shot for shot contest seems to be the new wave.

"hey!" she calls, an arm raising to capture the man's attention. "you interested in a little challenge?" that'll get him, right? giada grins a little wider, rotating on her stool to fully face the direction he's in. "these assholes can't handle their drinks, apparently. maybe you can."

let the games or madness begin, whichever comes first really.

midsummer madness prompt!

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 12:17:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei was looking for a place to drink, honestly. Since Fortree didn’t have any bars of the alcoholic kind (he didn’t know why) and the only other place he knew about in Slateport had gone under, he was stuck looking for some place that served alcoholic drinks.

He wanted to knock off, and he had been raring to go for some time now—honestly, he wanted to do nothing but drink until he… until he couldn’t drink anymore. So when he got word that a new bar had opened in Mauville, well, he was game for that!

Slipping on his trusty pair of shades, he then made to take off his telltale scarf—he didn’t want to be recognized when going out on a bender like this. As soon as he slipped into the bar, there was a challenge issued his way.

Ooh, competitive drinking? He thought as his own lips curled into a wicked grin.

“Why not, miss,” was all he answered with this mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he made a beeline for an unoccupied seat at the bar proper.

“Are we going hard on the vodka right off the bat?” he asked as he got comfortable once he had arrived.

He was ready for this.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:21:56 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she grins a little wider when he accepts her offer. the previously unoccupied seat is now filled and she wastes no time in leaning into his area of orbit. "hell yeah," she chirps. someone's finally enough of a man, woman, person to take her challenge and not bitch out. a blessing in disguise it seems, as this man almost seems excited.

poor unfortunate souls flock together, it seems.

"if vodka's your poison," she glances toward the bartender, signaling the first round of shots. "then let's go hard as fuck." she normally prefers tequila when doing these challenges but how can she deny him vodka when he accepted her offer? she wouldn't, that'd probably be a party foul or something and mama ain't raise no bitch. well, mama didn't raise her anyway but the sentiment stands.

anyway, the bartender wastes no time in bringing the shots over. and naturally, she snags her own in one quick motion, raising it toward him like a toast. "cheers, doll!"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:29:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Finally, a challenge!

Before the bar he frequented in Slateport had folded, he would drink everyone else there under the table—and then some. By the end of the night most of those who challenged him to a drink-off were either so wasted out of their minds or passed out cold.

He… he wanted a serious challenge.

To be honest? He was looking for someone who could last through three, four bottles. Maybe he had found his match? Who knew if she could hold her own, dainty-looking lady that she was.

“Cheers,” was all he said as he grabbed the shot glass, raising it in salute before downing it in one go. After he was done, he then placed the shot glass on the table and gestured for another.

“Keep it coming,” he added before he quickly slid bills from his jeans pocket across the table. Surely this would cover more than enough rotations between them, he hoped.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 0:04:37 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]he downs his and she hers and it's definitely the start of a beautiful challenge. she can't contain the excitement. it spreads across her features, leaving the blonde bright and bubbly. she bounces in her seat as he turns toward the bartender and tells him to keep them coming. hell yeah, definitely keep it going!

oooh, and he's putting down bills? okay, he's officially her favorite in this place now.

"i like you already," she chirps with a laugh. and while she initiated this challenge and should really add to the bills on the counter, she doesn't. not yet, anyway. her wallet stays in her pocket for now but the upper half of her body leans a little closer to him, an eyebrow raising. "you know, if you're about to become my new drinking partner, i should probably know your name."

introductions are normal and so are handshakes, a concept that might dawn a bit too late. nevertheless, she happily extends a hand toward him. "giada, it's a pleasure to drink you under the table!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 19:56:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s definitely my pleasure to drink anyone under the table and then some,” he cackled a few moments later as he looked at his companion through the shades he was wearing.

“Call me Alex,” he added a few moments later as he shook her hand. While he had deliberately left the last two letters out of his first name, he figured that he didn’t want to give Miss Giada a hard time recalling his name. Besides, there were many people named Alex running around Hoenn, right?

He wasn’t just the only one.

The next round was slid their way, and he quickly grabbed his shot glass and cackled a bit before clinking it against hers.

“To a new friendship, forged in alcohol!” he went on, downing it in one go before she could even blink and sliding the glass back across the counter.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 22:13:44 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the laughter that escapes in response to his comment is genuine, entirely too amused to be faked. and really, his cackle is a little infectious. or maybe that's just the alcohol already beginning to loosen her up. either way, she's quickly becoming a fan of this man. willing to go all out for a drinking challenge and entertain her? hell yeah, go alex!

the hand shake ends as quickly as it happens but not before she echoes his name, before she tries and probably fails to fully commit it to memory. "alex! a pleasure!" if she runs into him again after this, hopefully she'll at least remember the good time spent drinking shot after shot if she can't manage to keep track of his name.

another round of shots comes quickly, earning a bright grin. man, this bartender is amazing. definitely a new favorite. keep them comin', man! she's quick to grab her own shot, perhaps using a little too much force when returning the clinking of glasses against one another. a little bit of alcohol sloshes and escapes onto her hand but she ignores it in favor of letting out another laugh.

"the best kind of friendship." he's quick in downing his shot and naturally not one to be outdone, she follows suit without hesitation. once the glass is empty, it's slid back to be discarded for another. and while they wait, she turns toward him with an eyebrow beginning to rise. "do you always find your friends like this? cause i sure as hell do." another laugh, another amused look. it's not like she can find friends in her job, anyway. thieving is sort of a one woman show but bar friends are better, anyway.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 19:11:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

As soon as the shot glass is returned, another filled one makes its way across towards his waiting grip. Raising it for a few moments, he chuckled again.

“When I want to go out and have a good time without worrying about shit, you could say that,” he answered with a mischievous wink before downing his shot in one go. It was so fast he didn’t even feel the burn sliding down his throat at this point.

Sliding the glass once again across the counter, another was sent his way.

“Oh, oh, have you tried flaming shots?” he asked her. “I don’t know why the hell they’re called that,” he added a few moments with an emphasized eyebrow wiggle because let’s face it, the name of the shot he was referencing too was something that wasn’t exactly ‘safe’ to mention in public.

But the description would be enough, right?

“Well, after we finish this bottle do you want to do tequila?” he followed up.