twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 15:19:07 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]rather than one bun, she hands him the entire basket. of course she's confident; she's made these delicacies from the moment she was born, pretty much. just the one wouldn't be enough to satiate a sick man's hunger, especially when said man is lance. she looks at him expectantly. "well? go on, don't be shy."

a thought crosses her mind. subtle, but so ingrained in her customs that she has to berave herself for forgetting. "we're missing the tea." and then, quickly, "i can buy some real quick if you want. i saw a vending machine by the elevator."

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 16:51:23 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the entire basket is given to him, now resting on the covers over his lap. he peers down at the buns with as much enthusiasm he can muster, all pretend and exaggerated, and picks up one to eat. thankfully, he is saved by her suggestion.

"tea sounds great, actually." he feigns a smile and watches her leave the room. the moment the door closes, he's looking around for his pokeballs, which he finds on the side table next to the bed. he reaches for the first one he sees.

his rattata looks around the room with a confused expression, but his nose immediately shoots up into the air, sniffing for food. "it's over here. you gotta help me, rotta." just like old times, lance tosses buns over to the rodent who devours them each one whole, not bothering to even pause to chew.

by the time mimi makes it back to the room, rotta is back in his pokeball and there are only two buns left in the basket. lance smiles, gesturing for her to have one of them. "sorry! i couldn't wait."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:53:25 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]she doesn't contain her laughter, mirthful and completely trusting. why would she have any reason to doubt he'd eaten the buns by himself? "have they not been feeding you here or what?" she hands him a can of sweetened green tea, and gladly picks up one of the remaining buns.

"it's fine. did you like the pork? i added a lot of filling this time. lean protein is good for recovery."

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 17:48:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the chuckle that escapes him is awkward, forced, but he's confident he sells it well enough. there's no reason for her not to trust him, after all. "what can i say? they really are my favorite." the smile should help as well.

"it's better than lean chicken." still, he nods. "i loved it." he pushes the basket with one bun remaining away from him, wanting to stretch over to place it on the table next to them.

cracking open the can of sweetened green tea, he takes a sip before asking: "how long are you planning on staying?"

[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 19:38:27 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]a couple of sentences and she's satisfied, like she always is. lance has learned how to dance around the topic over the years without arousing her suspicion. steamed buns really are lance's favorite, after all. she pays no mind to the destination of her bamboo basket, instead examining the color of his cheeks. he's not looking pale anymore. maybe next time she'd bring vegetable-based dishes instead.

mimi waits until after lance's question to sit back on the armchair she'd all but claimed as hers. "why do you ask? don't tell me you're expecting someone." it's all jest, of course. mimi hasn't actually thought of how long she'd be staying just yet.

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 19:54:55 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"pretty sure you would've met them if that were true." how long has it been since he's been here? a day or two? it's a question he never bothered to ask but it sure feels like it has been days. his body desperately wants to move again. "how long did they say i have to be here for?"

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 22:07:28 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]she did meet a few people checking in on him, in fact. all faces she could no longer remember if asked. she'd been too worried about lance's health to pay attention.

"ten days. you still have a week left to go, but the doctor said you could get up and take a short walk if you felt well after eating." she pauses, unsure if she'd let him take that walk even if he wanted. "i brought you your laptop too, in case you'd rather stay in bed." she'd also dusted it off and charged it, after finding it in a corner of his living room.

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 14:52:39 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]ten whole days!

the revelation has him scoffing in annoyance. there is no chance of him being able to stay here for ten whole days. he will not allow himself to wallow for that long, not even with the distraction of his laptop, which really isn't much of a distraction at all. not enough, anyways.

"we both know i'll be out by tomorrow."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:00:29 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]would resting for a week really kill him? mimi sighs. it would. they both know it, and his reaction is no surprise to her.

"not if i have any say in it," she challenges. firm and dauntless, like in any pokemon battle. it's only the frustrated look on his face that makes her features soften. she knows she'd be just as restless, had the hurt one been her. "you're lucky the harpoon didn't strike bone, but you still lost a lot of blood," she explains, hoping the reality of his condition may make him more reasonable.

alternatively, there's the option of threats. "or do you want to faint in the middle of the street, just for me to bring you back for an entire month?"

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 17:48:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the mention of the harpoon has his eyes drifting down to the cast wrapped around his arm, white and stale. though the pain isn't as intense as it once was, he still winces at the memory.

"i'll be fine." a pause. a look. "i've been through worse."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 18:02:20 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]she doesn't miss how his eyes drift down to the wounded arm. good. he should remember what happened to it. "i don't doubt it," she answers to the last sentence. she doesn't doubt he's been through worse. still, she doesn't bulge. instead, she remembers a comment from days ago and decides to use it as more ammunition.

"like your leg, right? 'not the leg again'. care to explain that?"

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 18:07:02 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]again, his eyes dart down to the recovering leg, still bandaged up. "i raided their cove a few weeks ago and retrieved what they stole. their ships burned down in the process." not technically his fault, but he decides to leave that part out.

"they were the same pirates."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 23:10:51 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]fire and wounded legs. she needs a moment to properly process the news. her hand finds its way to her forehead, for the sole purpose of rubbing her temples against the stress. the pirates were looking for revenge, no doubt, which explains why he'd been targeted. one mishap after the other, and with a memento to remind him of each.

"really? are you really trying to get yourself killed?"

she sighs, exhausted from just hearing about his misadventures. the very prospect fills her with dread.

"what's gotten into you, lance? you weren't always this rash."

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 19:03:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]maybe he is; would that be so wrong? his eyes shift away in a manner so unbecoming of lance. he sighs when she does, raising a hand to rub tired eyes.

"it helps me stay alive."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 4:11:37 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]lance's words cut deep even if she doesn't fully grasp their meaning. the blade is of invisible sharpness: the most lethal kind.

"what do you mean?"

[attr="class","seelie"]