thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 14:45:23 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"what do you think?"

his eyes remain closed even as his hand lowers to find the other. circles are traced around his ring finger, feeling what once existed.

"i haven't felt anything since they died."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 5:03:58 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]silence reigns, and this time it's not of the comfortable kind. mimi's at a loss. she knows, she thinks, she can't speak. she wasn't ready for this when she got the news, the exact moment so easily recallable in her mind that it might as well have just happened, and she isn't ready for it still.

a shaky breath, and clumsy too-direct words stumble upon each other.

"is suicide your answer, then?"

how to help someone cope with loss when you're in a different state of grief? she doesn't know. she probably needs another thirty years, and then sixty more.

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 18:20:44 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]"it was at one point."

the sadness in his eyes is not lost in the moment. he blinks, shedding layers from them.

"i lost everything, mimi."

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
under [c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2020 5:19:06 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]is it pain or annoyance that drives her next words? she doesn't know anymore. it's almost funny. she's turned thirty-three this year, but fate's brought so many uncertainties to her life that she doesn't feel it at all.

"you lost the two people most important to you," she concedes, "but you did not lose everything."

her voice is firm, the complete opposite of the sea she could see herself being lost in. to balance it out. to reassure with her tone what she couldn't do with her words. lance or herself, whichever of them it worked on. neither, probably. her eyes follow a tear down his cheek, but her feet are attached to the ground under the weight of the departed.

"you didn't lose everything," she repeats in a whisper.

[attr="class","seelie"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
under [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 8:21:43 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]her words stop him from fully plunging into whatever pit he was spiraling toward. he reaches and holds on.

"i didn't."

his affirmation is meant for both of them. he breathes, reaching a hand to wipe stray tears. his other reaches for hers.

"i'm sorry."

[attr="class","seelie"]