6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2020 16:21:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle wanders through the sewers of slateport with no one but the company of his manectric. although it seemed to be basically the same, kyle cannot help but notice the subtle changes in the pokemon ever since that incident with the ultra beast.

the manectric eyes each corner with ferocity, sparks flying out of its mane as if ready to jump to a fight in a moment's notice. growls disturb the otherwise tranquil sounds of the sewers' flowing waters. kyle assumes that this was enough to silence the rattata living underneath one of hoenn's largest cities.

the electric-type suddenly pounces a wild pokemon from a corner, startling kyle. its fangs dig deep into a wild gulpin's skin. as poison seep through, the manectric finds nothing but strength in ingesting them. he keeps observations in mind, although he'd rather have his pokemon back to normal.

he steps ahead as he sees someone from turning the corner. "oh, uh." kyle immediately chucks a pokeball at the gulpin to be relocated by rangers somewhere before the person can ask about his manectric's show of violence. "hello."

@open
mission
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2020 17:08:46 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
It wasn’t uncommon to find poison-type Pokémon running amok in a city’s sewer system, hell it was expected but the uptick in numbers and there more erratic behavior was of concern.

While it was his job to remedy this problem Adam was currently more focused on finding a source of the behavior change first before tried to evict the poison-types.

With the help of his Lucario, he managed to track down some clusters of Pokémon but nothing of note so far which while welcoming was a bit strange given what he assumed to find.

”Hmm?” Adam was busy examining tracks left behind by some wild Pokémon when his Lucario tugged on his shirt, trying to get his attention.

”Something over there?” The man stood up straight from his crouched position and followed the Lucario around the corner.

”Well what the hell, this is a surprise!” This was the last place he thought he’d run into a familiar face.

”If it isn’t the famous Kyle Lopez, can’t believe they have you down here trying to clean up this mess.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 2:44:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he supposed that he should be expecting adam in the sewers, given that this was some kind of ranger job rangers were supposed to be doing. he'd also make a joke about not seeing adam for a while and then meeting up with him in the sewers, but he also doesn't want to die in this place.

"listen. if i tell them i'm busy with something here, i won't be expected to be there." with bailey gone, kyle held seniority within the elite four, and challenges only keep on adding up one after the other. "it's a nice strat, yeah?"

the manectric starts to look at the lucario funny. kyle gets himself in between them, nudging the manectric's face away from the other pokemon. it tries to reposition its sights back to the lucario to snarl at it, but kyle keeps on interfering with it.

amid the distractions he gave the shadow manectric, he attempts to catch up with his friend in the most kyle way.

"but since you're here, yeah, you caught me. i have too much important of a position to have anything to do with this clean up. carry on with your work. i'll cheer for you while we talk about things i missed since the last time we met."

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 5:08:24 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam crossed his arms and shook his head, letting out a deep sigh as he listened to Kyle’s so called “strat”.

”You know I’m pretty sure you can just give up the spot if you don’t want it. Probably save you the headache of having to dodge em all the time and besides it seems really easy for them to find a replacement.” He’d shrug.

While Kyle’s Manectric was mean mugging Adam’s Lucario the jackal didn’t respond in kind with a similar look but appeared rather disturbed by the electric hound as if nature itself had somehow been perverted.

Adam noticed his Lucario’s uneasiness and then looked to the Manectric, or at least tried to as Kyle kept trying to hide its face.

”Nice try buddy but since you most definitely in some kind of way outrank me it’d only be protocol that you took the lead right? Besides I’d love to see Elite Four Kyle Lopez at work.” Adam would step aside to let Kyle pass.

”And talk about things you've missed? How about we focus on what I've missed first. Anything new you want to talk about that's been going on with yiu?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 7:29:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2020 3:24:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
giving up the spot had crossed kyle's mind multiple times, but there was always one caveat that stopped him from doing so.

"and give up on the benefits? did you know how much vacation days i get? a lot more compared to my old job."

kyle starts to panic when adam gives him the lead. kyle's hand goes to his nape as he rubs the back of his neck while he tries hard to shift eye contact away from him. within the sewers, there's not much he can safely look at without feeling the need to stare at something else.

"oh! i don't have to deal with getting champion now since bailey got it, so there's that."

his tone contradicts the norm. the lack of the want of getting the champion seat of the region was evident, though it was nothing unexpected from kyle. regardless, the news he shares wasn't news at all since it's something that has been on the news.

unable to find words to fight against adam when the baton is passed to him, kyle starts moving to a direction. the manectric takes front, if only to put more distance between him and the lucario.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 21:49:40 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
The mention of vacation days had Adam thinking about what the pay and normal work schedule was like for an Elite Four member.

If their job was just to take challenges from people who make it to that point in the league challenge what the hell do they do when there are no challenges and things are slow?

All he could think of was train but other than that wouldn’t they just dick around?

Sounds like his last job just actually had him to more work than once every blue moon when someone managed to get around to challenging the Elite Four.

Bailey Cooper was the champion now? The only experience he had with the woman was that Rapidash fiasco which thinking back on it had Adam cringing a bit.

”Seriously? This region really can’t catch a break.” Were the pickings really that bad they had to choose her since Kyle clearly didn’t want it? As they walked Adam again noticed the look his Lucario was giving in the direction of Kyle’s Manectric.

”Kyle, what’s up with your Manectric? The only time Soul reacts like this is when something’s really wrong.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 20:13:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it has its charms, i guess," kyle responds.

there has to be a reason why people keep migrating to hoenn even though it's basically in a constant state of calamity. somewhere deep down, kyle wishes it'll go under martial law soon too.

adam sets his attention to the manectric finally. the initial answer he gets from kyle is a shrug. he understands bits and pieces of what's new with it, but he doesn't know the entire reasoning behind it. while it's easy to feign ignorance, he supposed there was no reason not to talk since there's nothing much else to do.

"it got high on ultra beast poison, or something. it can resist poison now, look."

kyle points at the manectric, who immediately lunges at a swalot. liquid ooze starts to seep out of the poison-type, although the manectric doesn't seem to be affected and was still chewing at its flexible body rigorously.

"cool, huh?"

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 18:26:56 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”High on ultra beast poison?” What in the world was Kyle talking about?

Adam watched carefully when Kyle demonstrates this supposed resistance to poison.

The man cringed a bit as the Manectric kept chewing at the Swalot despite the poison oozing out of it.

”Well that’s gross.” He’d then release his Tropius to deal with some of the other poison types that were around, the large grass type Pokémon using whirlwind to blow them all away and out of this area.

”No that’s not cool at all, Kyle. I don't think you should be using this Manectric, it should be at a hospital or lab.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 18:35:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it fought one of those nihile- you know. those jellyfish ultra beasts." he's uncertain of what they're actually called so he falls back to the layman term for it.

he observes the manectric for longer as it makes a chew toy of the swalot. he reflects on it and then realizes that it was, indeed, gross. the manectric has affected him under its spell with its cuteness that he failed to realize the problem before him.

he sighs heavily. "maybe you're right." kyle whistles and his manectric turns his head at him quick, jaws still clamped on the poison-type. a red laser from its pokeball recalls it, and the unconscious body of the swalot drops to the ground with a plop.

"thank you for telling me this," he tells adam, bowing his head. he turns and taps his shoulder as he walks past him towards the exit. "i need to go now to hospitalize my pokemon. good luck."

the walk turns into a sprint, escaping adam before he can catch him on the act of ditching work.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 18:47:45 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam wasn’t really all that caught up on this ultra beast phenomenon so when Kyle said the jellyfish ultra beast he had to think about it for a bit before realize which one that he meant.

Or more he was trying to wrap his head around something like this happening and what one could do to treat their Pokémon like Kyle’s Manectric but alas he had no idea.

”Well I’m glad you’re going to get it checked out, after this I’ll go with yo-“ And Kyle was already off and leaving Adam to clean up this mess.

”That son of a bitch! Last time I help him out. Hope he gets drowned in work.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
clean up [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 1:45:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: