overtime [duo wild]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 17:59:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

The woman had a point. Wren wasn't going to argue about that. She had just came back to Hoenn, is all, and had limited funds in her wallet. That extended to being picky for her sanity. She couldn't hope (nor afford) to feed more than twenty Pokemon at a time and if she was going to be unlucky she might as well pick the ones she liked best. If she didn't train the ones she liked, what was the point of training them? She didn't want to be in a love-hate relationship.
[break][break]
"I guess you're right" she finally admitted out loud "but easier said than done to break habits" Wren physically deflates a bit. Noticing the Floette actually float by their heads, she ignores it. Yeah, she could get it but... she didn't really need a fairy-type. She had Puck for that. If she caught everything she saw, she'd have starving Pokemon. She'd be broke. She'd... not have enough love to go around. "especially bad ones." she added with a chuckle.
[break][break]
/ skip both

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 21:58:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TENTACOOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RAIN DISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON JAB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SURF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACUPRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHARPEDO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROUGH SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIQUIDATION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
on the nights I catch you standing, are you waiting for me?
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 23:12:59 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Mmm, true, but if you just give up you'll be stuck with them forever," Lillian replies, a bit of genuine force and emotion behind her words. After all, she's out here to break her own bad habits. It won't do to let someone else get away with shirking their responsibilities to themselves.

Meanwhile, out in the water, Lapras looks for little pokemon to bully. It's fought relatively equal opponents back to back on Lillian's order, but it would really prefer to just kick something around. With a little time floating about she finds just such a target.

A Tentacool floats below it and Lapras zeroes in. It sticks its head in the water, aims, and then fires a HYDRO PUMP. Under the water it functions more like a force blast than its usual self, but against such a weak opponent it's more than enough to leave it slowly rising to the surface.

"Self-improvement is an investment that always brings returns," Lillian finishes her thought before turning around at the sound of splashing and a wet thump. Lapras sits on the shoreline looking proud over the unconscious body of the Tentacool it found.

"Not a bad find," Lillian gently praises the pokemon while taking out and chucking a pokeball.

notes: attempting to capture TENTACOOL

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 16:13:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Was that some actual emotion?
[break][break]
Wren couldn't be so sure, but she felt that maybe she was getting through to the woman. It didn't matter in the end... they couldn't really do their nails together or some girly shit. She was League, Wren was... Rocket. They never could get along. Too different. Too much distance. And that's why I never go in the ocean she thought, shuddering as a Sharpedo's fin broke the water. Luckily the woman is quick to provide a distraction. Felling the Tentacool easily, the Lapras was strong. Would King ever get that strong as a water-type?
[break][break]
"I should just list everything wrong with me and tick them off as I go improving myself" she wasn't serious, even if she could be self-degrading. There was amusement in her eyes. She was joking. The woman was getting all the proverbial luck though. One Pokemon after another. Maybe Wren should take a page out of her book and be less picky. Maybe she'd get the next Pokemon that swam or waded near them. Maybe not. "King, see anything?!" she cupped her hands, calling to the Prinplup. He started, clearly having been resting in the water. 
[break][break]
"Yeah... yeah you just take a nap" she uttered to herself, sighing.
[break][break]
/ skip both again lol

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 23:15:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLABEBE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYMBIOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MISTY TERRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PRIMARINA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARKLING ARIA
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]LILLIAN CAUGHT TENTACOOL!
close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 23:29:22 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Lillian stays at the shoreline and passively showers Lapras with attention while the other girl talks, "A list is always helpful."

"It might be a bit excessive to do every flaw, though," she continues, cupping Lapras's cheek with one hand and brushing its snout with the other as she speaks, "I think it's probably better to pick a few things to focus on at a time."

Her eyes are on her pokemon and her mind is in a serious place. The joke, then, goes over her head completely; but her advice is honest. The method she's suggesting is the method she's adopting. One step at a time, if you go too fast you'll lose sight of the finish.

notes: skipping both

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 0:20:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

This woman was so serious, it was hard not to laugh. But she didn't. Thankfully. "You speak like you know what you're talking about" Personally, that is. But if the woman didn't give her name by now then Wren understood if she didn't want to divulge much. She wasn't the type to overly share unless it was a complete and utter accident. Awkwardness aside, she was slowly warming up. "got any more tips?" she moved swiftly along, only to be distracted once the water bubbled before them.
[break][break]
An elegant creature burst from the depths, shocking King. The Prinplup was flung across the waves, hitting the surface with a thud. He was winded, vulnerable and something was coming for him. Wren saw the tail of hair from beach, awash with pearls. A Primarina! Finally, something was going her way! "King, Metal Claw!" the young woman shouted. Before the order could be completed, the siren rammed into her Pokemon again. But she was close now, and the Prinplup smacked her across the face with its sharp flippers. "Tackle!" she also called out, not wishing to give the sea siren a chance to recover. Shooting forward, it was his turn to ram into the Primarina.
[break][break]
The siren trilled in pain, fainting. Metal Claw worked better than she thought. Using the skills she used to do playing baseball, Wren lobbed a long capture into the water. It hit the Primarina with a click, encasing it. "Good job, King" she praised from the beach. He'd bring the Pokeball back if they managed to capture the seal.
[break][break]
/ capture attempt on primarina

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 1:32:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARROKUDA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PECK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MANTINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BULLET SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BOUNCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]WREN CAUGHT PRIMARINA!

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 4:54:47 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Any other tips . . ." Lillian trails off into thought, patting Lapras's shell a couple times to let it know it can leave her side if it wants. It happily returns to the water and begins looking for new wild pokemon to harass.

While Lillian gives the younger woman's question some thought she watches her tousle with the wild Primarina. It's always worth giving other trainer's her attention in battle. You never know what a stranger might have to offer. There's not much to find here, admittedly, but it gives her the time to put together a response for the girl.

"Be open to the world around you and what others can offer," she speaks carefully, "but don't let your guard down in the name of curiosity. Others will teach you just as soon as they'll cheat you."

Maybe not as relevant to their discussion as it could be, but the girl asked and this is what Lillian's got.

Lapras has got something, too. While Lillian was watching and thinking it was getting into its fourth fight of the day -- this time with a Mantine.

It caught the pokemon with an ICE BEAM while it was gliding over the waves. Once it crashed into the water, ice caked to its stomach, it had been met with a barrage of HYDRO PUMPS that forced it into submission. Lapras offers up its body like the Ludicolo and Tentacool before it.

"And surround yourself with reliable people. You never know what they might bring you."

Lillian adds the note while pulling out yet another empty pokeball.

notes: attempting to capture MANTINE

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 20:21:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Coming from a League member, Wren had to take advice with a grain of salt. It wouldn't do to get swept up in it, even if it was sound. She had to do what she could and would. That meant surrounding herself with people less than ideal to get the job done. The blonde wasn't above using other people too, but only if she didn't care about them. Did that make her a bad person? Probably. "Seems simple enough" she crossed her arms, a nod given. Reliable friend group. Be open to experience but also cautious. She could roll with that.
[break][break]
King retrieved the Primarina's Pokeball. Wren took it, pocketing it. "Thanks" she gave the woman, patting the Prinplup's head. On the road to self improvement, she had to be open to ideas and experience. Advice too, but again... she didn't know. Wren had been away too long. Maybe she didn't know what was right or wrong anymore. Maybe deep down, she started to care about her immortal soul. Y'know, if she even admitted she believed in shit like that. The Prinplup's belly gave a grumble, and she chuckled down at him. "a'ight, a few more minutes and we'll get food."
[break][break]
/ skip

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 2:23:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MORELULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EFFECT SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DREAM EATER

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMFEY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TRIAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PETAL DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRASS KNOT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]LILLIAN CAUGHT MANTINE!

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 19:31:41 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It always does," Lillian replies wistfully. When you put a plan into words it sounds so easy, it's when you're in the doing that the complications rear their ugly heads.

Like fatigue. You can only tackle your plan for so much time in a day before you or something else gives out. Lapras, after multiple battles and exercises, is starting to flag much like the younger woman's Prinplup. When it drops off the Mantine on the shore it hovers for a bit longer than the other times. Breaths a bit heavier. Needs to be praised a bit more.

"Yes, yes, just a little more," Lillian comforts it, pushing it to go a little further even though she's unsure what more they can really accomplish in these waning hours of the day.

notes: skipping both

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 23:29:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

With the capture of her only Pokemon so far, Wren was getting angsty. King was exhausted and she was keen to recall him for another Pokemon if - and only if - the going was good. Hunting down water-types along the beach hadn't gone according to plan. She highly doubted she'd call the other woman a friend by now too. So it was getting rather late. If she didn't find another Pokemon soon, she was out of here.
[break][break]
Easier said than done. Usually she'd be saying goodbye and thanks, but the other human didn't seem the type for idleness. Wren felt stupid not saying anything but maybe it was best to just walk away when the woman wasn't looking. A thrown hand in the air to signal a goodbye. Like a cool trainer. Wren was not a cool trainer. King waddled onto the wet sand, slumped over. It had been too much for him.
[break][break]
"Take a break" she said to the Prinplup, who immediately fell over with gratefulness. She didn't see the wild Pokemon. She didn't want them anyway.
[break][break]
/ skip

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 5:23:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLAMPERL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIGGLYTUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CUTE CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BODY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ECHOED VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISABLE

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 0:55:07 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]As afternoon starts to become evening the air begins to cool, nowhere more evidently than the beach. It doesn't bother Lapras much (if anything it might give the pokemon a second wind) but it's all the sign Lillian needs that it's almost time to go. She still has paperwork and schedules to fill out before bed and an office to be in in the morning.

"One last lap," she tells Lapras, who darts off to finish its final task of the day. While it does Lillian spares one more glance at her company for the day. There's no special reason to try and remember her face, but she spends a little time committing it to memory anyway. The woman and her Prinplup both. When she turns back to the beach Lapras is already there waiting, one last catch to show off.

There's no way for Lillian to know where the Clamperl came from or what their clash had been like -- but the frost on its shell gives her some ideas. ICE BEAM and SHEER COLD both made appearances earlier, maybe Lapras took the encounter with the Clamperl as a chance to review today's lessons. Regardless, Lillian pulls one last pokeball out and drops it onto Lapras's fainted victim.

"Good job today, we'll get you a reward back home," Lillian smiles wide as she pets the Lapras's face before returning her. The unguarded expression is gone when she turns back to the stranger.

"I'll be leaving now."

And she does. Without another word or backwards glance she marches off the beach, already working on a work email with her phone.

notes: attempting to capture CLAMPERL