saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
on the nights I catch you standing, are you waiting for me?
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2020 5:26:12 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Seeing Fernando again, seeing what he's managed to do in her absence, it warms her heart. To see the object of her affections and her lifelong inspiration succeed and grow brings with it a great sense of ease. Like a phone call from a spouse who's taken a bit longer than usual to get home.

At the same time it's frustrating. There was a part of Lillian that thought since they were ten that in some way his success was tied to her. That his comfort and his rapid growth were tied to her. Not in big ways, not in any way he couldn't do without, but just enough that she always had a place at his side. And yet even without her he's managed to tame gods and lay claim to more and more influence in the region.

And what has she done? Gone soft behind a desk. Every time she thinks about it, and then thinks about how bold she'd been the day she got off the boat from Kanto, it sours the back of her throat with bile.

What need does this Fernando have of her extra eyes and hands. What can she do that he can't manage alone?

That question is why she's here on the beach today. Stealing hours away from the office to stand on the shore and run her Lapras through paces. She needs to sharpen back up. More than that, she needs to grow. She's getting sick of always looking at Fernando's back.

@open

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2020 7:50:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Her team was slowly growing. Wren liked that. Broadening her horizons and opinions allowed her to tame some more Pokemon she normally wouldn't touch. A Tyrunt recently added to the mix... well he wouldn't do very good at the beach. She opted to bring her Prinplup. King was also a new addition. She released him along the beach so he could play in the water. Trusting the flightless bird to do his own thing, she began to walk. The returning grunt noticed someone ahead, but didn't know who they were. The woman was probably older than her by the looks of it.
[break][break]
Which begged the question - what was she going to do now? Wren came here again to capture some Pokemon, her earlier attempts pretty much failing. A quick glance told her King was splashing in the water. She noticed the Lapras a few paces away. "H-Hey" she says now, always having enjoyed the gentle beasts from afar "is... that your Lapras?" The confidence boosts she'd received so far made her make the first move. The ball was in the blonde woman's court now. What would she do? What would she say? The ginger haired young woman slowed her pace, stopping steps away.
[break][break]
/ hope you don't mind me

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2020 17:25:45 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Lillian absentmindedly drums her fingers along her palms as she watches Lapras move. It still seems quick in the water, definitely not suffering too much from their inactivity. Still receptive to commands, too. It's a relief, but there's still a lot of review to be done. She's in the middle of trying to think up a training regimen when a young woman walks up to her.

"Huh?" she asks, looking at the new arrival from the corners of her eyes, "Mmm, yes, that's my Lapras." she responds to the question in a measured tone. The girl holds her attention for only a few fleeting moments before she returns it to her pokemon in the water.

What can they do right now while she has the free time?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2020 18:14:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

A distracted person would meet her gaze. Wren blinked, wanting to both run away and forget about this - but also say sorry for tearing the woman's attention away. Raising a hand to grasp the back of her neck, she'd try to awkwardly grin. "They're something special" the young woman commented, trying once more to break through "but I don't really... have anywhere to keep one, so I just have him." A free hand pointed toward her Prinplup, who had spotted the Lapras and swam over to them.
[break][break]
"Do you train water types or something?" maybe the other could give her tips. Prinplup was the first water-type she owned since... Well, since losing her partner years ago. But her silence only stretched so far. Wren ducked her head, averting her gaze from the blonde woman. "I - sorry. Am I interrupting? I can leave." An easy out, she supposed. Yeah she'd be offended but she didn't force her company on anyone that didn't want it. As she waited for the woman's answer, King lifted a flipper to the Lapras to signal he meant no harm.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2020 7:16:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIMPOD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WIMP OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MIMIKYU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DISGUISE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WOOD HAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2020 17:24:40 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"They're smart. A bit hard to keep in line, but quick learners."

It's hard to say those traits make Lapras all that special, their intelligence is hardly unique, but it makes them especially useful certainly.

"I don't specialize, it's a pointless self-limitation," she throws the comment out off-hand. When silence follows it for longer than expected she looks to the stranger and finds her squirming, seemingly uncertain about something. It's hard for Lillian to bite back a sigh when she finally speaks up again.

"You're not interrupting, but I could do without the awkwardness. If you'd like to say something, say it. If you'd like to leave, leave," Lillian's reply is blunt but not cruel. There's no malice in her words. She's fine hearing the younger woman out, but not if she's going to have to wade through a million pauses and apologies to get there.

notes: skipping both pokemon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2020 17:54:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Yikes. Wren didn't use the term 'ice queen' very often but it fitted this lady. She couldn't help openly stare, her left eye twitching uneasily. Here she was trying to make an effort to be social and it turned on her, rearing an ugly intimidating head... "I just thought it was rude to ignore you" the young woman blurted out, gesturing to the area "seeing as we're, uh, both here" she couldn't help but be awkward around a person she'd never seen or met before. "I'm not really good at this whole talking thing." And she wouldn't apologize again for it.
[break][break]
She was acutely aware she was probably speaking to a League member over a Rocket. If it was a Rocket, there was little need for less than candid behavior. That left Wren with hardly anything to speak about. Her recent criminal activities were probably frowned on, nor was she going to blurt out what organization she was from. "I was gonna look for some new fr - Pokemon" she almost said 'friends'. What a childish thing to say "if you don't mind me sticking around while I do it?"
[break][break]
She didn't need to ask permission to be on this beach, but felt it was rude to not acknowledge the other... She wasn't really aware of the Pokemon nearby. Her focus was entirely on the other human being.
[break][break]
/ skip both

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2020 0:05:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BIBAREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNAWARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWORDS DANCE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PELIPPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AIR SLASH

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2020 0:55:37 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Don't worry, I noticed," Lillian nods slightly as she responds to the younger woman's confession. She can't say she's much better at making conversation, but she also can't say she much cares. Smalltalk with random strangers is a waste of time more often than not. It's a skill she's never seen the point in cultivating.

Once again the other woman seems to struggle for something to say. While she does that, Lillian notices a few passing flying-types. Stragglers from a flock most likely. Pelipper, a couple Wingull, a good opportunity for some quick battle practice -- and not a bad pokemon to pick up either. The stranger picks that moment to pipe up.

"It's a public beach, I won't complain."

It's a brusque response in favor of capturing this passing opportunity.

"Lapras! Pick one!" she shouts the demand across the water and Lapras's gaze shoots skyward. Following its mistress's command its eyes roam over the small group of flying-types before it fires an ICE BEAM at one of the Pelipper. Its wing FREEZES on impact and it begins to plummet. Its fellows move on, seemingly oblivious of its plight.

A WATER PULSE shatters the ice on its wing, freeing it but not undoing the damage. To that end it attempts to land on the beach and ROOST for a quick recovery; but before it can set talons to sand it's met by another ICE BEAM to the side of the head. Tired from flying and caught off guard by Lapras's ambush it hits the beach unconscious, kicking sand into the air with its crash landing.

Lillian takes a few leisurely steps in its direction before chucking a pokeball at its still body.

notes: attempting to capture PELIPPER

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2020 1:07:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Once again, the other woman was a bit... okay, Wren didn't like saying bitchy either but here she was. She puffed her cheeks out, scaling back a sharp retort before the other's attention was pulled away. The least she could do was introduce herself - but why bother when her company wasn't going to try? As the Lapras assaulted the poor wild Pokemon, she noticed a beaver scurrying away.
[break][break]
And let it be.
[break][break]
"Amazing" her eyes returned to the woman's command. She doubted the other really cared about compliments, but you had to respect talent when she saw it. And power, she supposed. One day she'd be that strong. Until then, she didn't think about speaking her thoughts out loud. Walking a few paces away, she continued to search. King was still splashing around in the water, so he was fine. Maybe he'd find something in the depths. Who knew?
[break][break]
/ skip both

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2020 23:38:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JELLICENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUDICOLO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RAIN DISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZEN HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NATURE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIST

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]LILLIAN CAUGHT PELIPPER!
close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 0:41:25 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Lapras swims up close to the shore as Lillian approaches and picks up the pokeball containing her new addition. While she puts the ball away she gently pats the pokemon's face and neck. It gives a little trill, pushing its face harder into her hand.

"Yes, you did a good job. Great accuracy and reaction times," she praises her Lapras in a soft voice. There's still more review to be done, though. The Pelipper didn't even put up a fight. Searching for a fresh target takes her back within a couple feet of the stranger. Lapras follows her, swimming along the shoreline.

As they draw close Lillian idly looks towards the young woman (who watches her own pokemon). Lapras takes notice of the Prinplup and begins to slowly float around its position in the water -- eyes sharp and full of intent. Lillian whistles, getting Lapras's attention.

"Leave it alone," she commands after shaking her head, "Find something wild."

Lapras reluctantly floats a little ways away from the Prinplup at that, making its way instead to a conspicuous group of passing lily pads. An ICE BEAM at one of them reveals them to be a group of the Lotad line. The Ludicolo she irritated with her attack drifts from the group to properly engage.

"Watch the group!" she shouts from the beach as Lapras dodges around a ZEN HEADBUTT. Surely enough, other members of the floating family have broken off to support their comrade, "Put them on ice!"

As they draw close Lapras begins to SING, filling the air with soothing music that begins to lull the surrounding enemies. Their approach is slowed enough for it to time its next move. The air around it seems to almost thicken as the moisture within it begins to crystallize. it's the only warning the small group get before a SHEER COLD freezes them and the water in the space of a second.

"Bring me one!" she shouts again before looking towards the younger woman, "Apologies for my volume, I hope I'm not disturbing your hunt for friends."

After offering up her monotone apology she walks closer to the water and watches Lapras drag a stiff Ludicolo to the shore. Once its deposited in the sand she places a pokeball to its crispy forehead and watches it vanish in a flash of red light.

notes: attempting to capture LUDICOLO

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 0:56:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"No" Wren stated, uselessly at first, as she raised her hands. She gave them both a shake, dismissing the apology. "I'm just picky and unlucky" The woman could take that how she wanted. It was enough to see the majestic Lapras in action. She knew she'd never get one but she did admire them from a distance. "you're just too good, all the luck is swimming at you." she offered a weak grin, though no less genuine and amused. The woman may be a bitch in her eyes, but at least she had skills. Wren could admire that.
[break][break]
After that gentle compliment, Wren continued to search. So far, even King hadn't called her over or gotten her attention because of any interesting leads. She didn't care, didn't mind and didn't blame him. He was a good penguin. He tried his best. Combing the beach last time hadn't worked very well either. So she ignored the other Pokemon in favor of hunting down something she could use.
[break][break]
/ skip both

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 8:01:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLOETTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLOWER VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGICAL LEAF

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NATURAL CURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COSMIC POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SURF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LIGHT SCREEN

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]LILLIAN CAUGHT LUDICOLO!

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
overtime [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 8:44:03 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Once again Lillian pats Lapras's head while pocketing the captured Ludicolo. She leans in close to murmur gently at it "Good job. Take a little breather, you can soak in the beach while we're here. I'll call if you've got more work to do."

"Picky is an easy problem to solve," Lillian pipes up while watching Lapras swim back out into the water. She turns to look at the younger woman once she's sure the pokemon isn't going to get into idle trouble, "And luck is simply a matter of being prepared when opportunity rears its head. I guess they link up a bit for you, your two problems. The less picky you are the more opportunities you'll get."

After speaking Lillian doesn't walk up closer to her, or sit near her, or even brighten up her expression any -- but at least for the next little while it seems the stranger has her attention. Opportunity. Is she prepared?

notes: skipping both