marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 17:51:08 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ePostContain]
[attr="class","ePostHeader"]
re: social‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","ePostMain"]the truth comes out blunt; something in his voice is almost amused, in marcel's own weary sense of humour. "i didn't think i'd see you again."
[break][break]
perched on the edge of the underboss' desk, he half-turns to glance at gavin. marcel thinks back to the wormhole, though that had been the least of his concerns, at the time.
[break][break]
"the fuck were you thinking, gav?"
[attr="class","eDivide"]

[newclass=.ePostContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader]width:380px;height:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:12px 10px 8px 10px;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain]background-color:transparent;width:auto;height:auto;padding:30px 35px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain a]filter:grayscale(10%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam]background-color:#none;border-radius:10px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 6:21:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

Gavin's eyes are closed, head tipped back as smoke curls around him like a shroud. Ashes from the cherry of his cigarette scatter across the metal floor. At Marcel's humour, Gavin lets out a dry chuckle. His eyes flutter open and he taps the cigarette against an ashtray on the desk.

"Didn't get much time to think," he admits. "Saw Kat jump into a goddamn wormhole and someone chase after her and I just—" He flicks his wrist, as if to simulate the lack of planning behind the decision. "Turns out it was fucking , so there's that."

He's been sour about the whole thing since it happened. His decision to protect wasn't the issue; it was the potential fallout that worried him. Between Blacephalon and the aggressive Dusknoir attacking the scientist on video...

"Walsh was glad she got out safe, at least." He sighs. "Silver lining."

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 11:52:21 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]he'd lost track of lucas after the van had taken flight. marcel fills the gap in his memory with this new information, but doesn't make any further comments.
[break][break]
"you're not the one who has to deal with the admin," he answers, dryly, "the scientists are tripping over each other to get those reports." marcel still had organise the details into clearance levels, decide what information he'd feed to who.
[break][break]
"so—" his rotom-phone is placed on the desk with a quiet clack. "—mister merlino, what happened in the wormhole?"
[attr="class","eDivide"]

[newclass=.ePostContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader]width:380px;height:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:12px 10px 8px 10px;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain]background-color:transparent;width:auto;height:auto;padding:30px 35px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain a]filter:grayscale(10%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam]background-color:#none;border-radius:10px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 6:28:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though his laughter is strained, it rings genuine at the thought of his former colleagues. "I'll bet. I'd have been the same if it were someone else. You'd have given the report to me, though." His canines flash in a grin that's quick to fade.

With the phone placed on the desk, his expression turns serious.

"Well, first off, it was — different than I expected." His nose scrunches as if remembering something unpleasant. "Everything was spinning, couldn't tell what way was up. It almost looked like it was... I don't know, glitching?" With no reference to how wormholes had worked before the war, he can draw no accurate comparison. For all Gavin knew, they'd always worked that way. "There were these... flashes, I guess, of... this might sound mental, but it was like seeing visions of the past? I don't know if they were real or not."

He describes them for the record: Mauville, but from the distant past, before it had been reconstructed into a modern complex. A man with Articuno, potentially an avatar. A colony in space.

"And Giratina." He breathes the name like it's blasphemous. "You heard of it?"

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 12:11:20 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]marcel does not react—he will save his thoughts for his office, where he will listen over this again. there is something comforting about his silence; he could almost pretend gavin is lying, that he does not believe him. normality is a far-fetched dream.
[break][break]
the mention of sinnoh's lore brings about an unexpected wave of nostalgia. for a moment, marcel is overcome with guilt, and the urge to call his father.
[break][break]
"yeah." he doesn't miss a beat. "i've heard of it." his expression indicates for gavin to continue.
[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 12:44:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
With the warm memory of their banter quickly fading, Gavin reflects upon the chill of the wormhole with dread. "Yeah, well, I hadn't until Kat called out to it — she wanted to speak to the bloody thing, imagine that! It attacked us, though, so we got the fuck out of there. Then Lane attacked us."

Though nervous about the fact that the scientist had whipped out his phone, Gavin is reassured by the fact that he, at least, had not fought back. He couldn't say the same for Katherine.

"Oh, the attack it used, it was some kind of ice move," he adds.

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 14:15:19 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]he couldn't say he was surprised. marcel remembers the explosion, and the shrapnel against his back. "you're lucky you made it out."
[break][break]
though it was only a glimpse, marcel had caught sight of the legendary. he couldn't imagine the reason for its presence in hoenn, nor was he eager to find out—that work, he'd leave to the scientists, should they so please.
[break][break]
"how did you get out?" the wormhole had closed behind them, as far as he was aware.
[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 14:19:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's brow furrows as he pictures the whirling vortex. It had been an absolute mess, but...

"There were openings, other wormholes I'm pretty sure. Three of them, none of them the one we came through. That closed as soon as I got in." He tries to remember which one they'd taken, but he'd been too disoriented to make it out. He supposed it didn't matter now. "Lane went for one of them, Katherine and I followed."

He remembers being spat out unceremoniously into the basement of the powerplant, covered in chunks of ice, and shudders.

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 15:11:45 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]the image he's piecing together, he imagines, is far different from the reality. gavin had come out wiser, but unfortunately so—the man himself, would probably beg to differ.
[break][break]
"did you arrive back in mauville?" he asks. there's some pause, then: "did you see the ultra beast?"
[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 6:49:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Yeah," Gavin confirms. "We ended up in the basement of the Power Plant."

He's been so engrossed in his memories that the cigarette poised between his fingers has all but burned away. He stubs it out and lights another, taking a long drag as an excuse to compose his thoughts.

"That big mess of wires and cables?" he guesses. "It was plugged into the plant; and I took care of that. Thing was dead by the time I got out. Did you see Giratina? It burst out of the plant covered in some kind of sludge, scared me half to death. I hear it flew over the Road before disappearing, but I didn't see that bit."

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 11:39:28 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]he watches gavin light the next cigarette and resists the urge to follow suit.
[break][break]
"yeah, it did." marcel hadn't realised what it was, then. a moment passes, before a realisation hits:
[break][break]
"does that mean it's still out there?"
[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 11:45:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He'd tried not to think too hard about it, as if his very thoughts could influence reality. With Marcel's question, Gavin grimaces.

"I think it does, yeah. No idea where."

Lugia had hidden itself away as the Nihilego poisons had eroded its will; what if Giratina had similarly sequestered itself? He thinks of the sludge coating the legendary creature and shivers at the thought.

"I don't know how it got out... it seemed like it was trapped, when we were in space. Like there was something holding it back."

[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 11:58:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]"like it was waiting for someone to let it out," he finishes. something close to disapproval sits in his voice—the wormhole had been a poor move.
[break][break]
had he any faith in them, marcel might've called it the league's problem.
[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 12:05:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shakes his head, frowning. Something troubles him.

"That's the thing, we didn't touch... whatever was holding it back." He thinks again about a bug Pokemon battering itself against a window pane. It had even resembled a bug in some ways. "We went out a different way than we came in, and it came out from below us."

He agrees with the unspoken notion that the wormhole had been a foolish decision, but feels justified in his choice to follow.

[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 12:26:41 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]the rotom-phone stops recording as marcel taps its screen.
[break][break]
"who said you needed to touch it? we don't know how things work over there."
[break][break]
marcel stands up from the desk. "it's not who let it out of its—" he struggles to find a word. "—cage. it's who let it out, into our world."
[break][break]
before he knows it, he's pacing. marcel is surprised at his own resolve, when he doesn't reach for a smoke.
[break][break]
"i knew keeping the ultra beasts was a terrible idea."
[attr="class","eDivide"]