twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 3:48:00 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[newclass=".pinblock"]background-color:#1e1e1e; padding:20px; margin:0 auto; width:400px; min-height:200px; display:flex; border:5px solid #292929; } .pinside { width:100px; height:250px; border-right:2px solid #292929; margin-top:22px; } .pinside img { width:50px; border-radius:100px; margin-left:10px; border:5px solid #292929; filter: grayscale(100%); margin-top:50px; } .pintag { background-color:#292929; color:#999; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; width:80px; padding:5px; text-align:center; margin-left:-5px; margin-top:10px; } .pintag b { color:#d99a34; } .pintag a { color:#999 !important; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; } .pinpost { color:#999; font:10px Verdana; text-align:justify; padding:20px; width:260px; height:240px; } .pinscroll { overflow:auto; height:250px; padding-right: 20px; margin-right:-20px; } .pinscroll::-webkit-scrollbar { width:2px; background:#131313; padding:2px; border:none; } .pinscroll::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background:#292929; border:none; } .pinscroll b { color:#d99a34; } .pincreds { height:8px; width:450px; margin:0 auto; color:#292929; font:10px roboto; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; text-align:right; margin-top:0px;[/newclass]

[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,900]

[attr="class","pinblock"]

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]the atmosphere that engulfs rustboro city is unlike that of any other city in hoenn. the blue collar industry of it all does not find its way into lilycove, mossdeep or mauville; rustboro is smaller, but impresses upon its visitors the feeling that there is more beneath the surface. zeke rainey expects to feel at home here, but something about the cobblestone beneath him seems unsuitable. he tries to ponder this notion of his separate-ness but finds himself distracted instead by the shouting around him. foremen bossing, grunts lifting, carrying, moving. the sparse use of pokemon labor in the scene set before him is somewhat surprising, though it surprises zeke less than the very fact that he was a moving part of this scene to begin with.[break][break]

among the throngs of workers, he is nobody. he has no tale to tell, no marquee branding him a murderer or a deserter -- that much suits him, at the very least. it was his sense of duty, his need to right his wrongs, that dragged him back to this region in the first place, especially with the ultra beasts tearing holes in the sky what seemed like a few minutes ago. and yet, despite that, things seem relatively normal here to zeke. perhaps that's the effect of rustboro, though he can't say for sure. he does know that it's a relief to return to hoenn to find it in one piece and not on its knees. [break][break]

if the tradeoff for walking into a war is walking into the industrial district of rustboro city, so be it.[break][break]

his head descends from the clouds when he recalls his task at hand -- assisting with, well, something. the information broker was vague in his description, mentioning art and almost nothing else. the specifics do not bother zeke -- the pay is enough for the time being. and so he walks toward the destination given by the broker, the cobblestone beneath him begging him to turn around and run from what could unfold today.

[attr="class","pincreds"]coded by pie
close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 4:13:07 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-sab]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]
is it really a surprise if i'm playing

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
She stands there, arms crossed and a face as sour as spoiled milk. [break][break]

The men bustle in and out of the moving truck and, on occasion, she moves violently forward to snap at them. And her tongue is a sharp one, making even the largest man blush beneath his beard.[break][break]

"Careful with that, you stupid, stupid man! That is an antique, and you're tossing it aside as if it were your well-worn trousers."[break][break]

Her nose crinkles into something fierce, an expression of rage that smolders her emerald green gaze. She snatches something from the man, a piece of paper that had been attached to the covered painting. She whisks him away with an explicit direction to set it down in one of the side rooms. The tag of paper is tucked into her pocket, and she turns just in time to see another young man arrive.[break][break]

"Do you plan on just standing there daydreaming?"[break][break]

Admittedly, her tone is softer with him than with the rest - he's genuinely better looking. She had always preferred beautiful things.[break][break]

"Help me with something, maybe you can use that idle mind of yours to be more delicate with your hands."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-sabcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .accentbg"]background: #040A08;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .accentborder"]border-color: #040A08;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a, .punkianger-sab .bulk b, .punkianger-sab .bulk i, .punkianger-sabcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TRFGKzg/sabine-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 4:40:55 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[newclass=".pinblock"]background-color:#1e1e1e; padding:20px; margin:0 auto; width:400px; min-height:200px; display:flex; border:5px solid #292929; } .pinside { width:100px; height:250px; border-right:2px solid #292929; margin-top:22px; } .pinside img { width:50px; border-radius:100px; margin-left:10px; border:5px solid #292929; filter: grayscale(100%); margin-top:50px; } .pintag { background-color:#292929; color:#999; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; width:80px; padding:5px; text-align:center; margin-left:-5px; margin-top:10px; } .pintag b { color:#d99a34; } .pintag a { color:#999 !important; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; } .pinpost { color:#999; font:10px Verdana; text-align:justify; padding:20px; width:260px; height:240px; } .pinscroll { overflow:auto; height:250px; padding-right: 20px; margin-right:-20px; } .pinscroll::-webkit-scrollbar { width:2px; background:#131313; padding:2px; border:none; } .pinscroll::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background:#292929; border:none; } .pinscroll b { color:#d99a34; } .pincreds { height:8px; width:450px; margin:0 auto; color:#292929; font:10px roboto; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; text-align:right; margin-top:0px;[/newclass]

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]he can only assume that what he watches unfold before him is a case and point for the lack of information given upfront. this woman -- his employer, he supposes -- seems particular. when her eyes land upon him, his heart skips a beat but his visage remains unchanged, stony as the buildings that loom all around.[break][break]

with the affect of a drill sergeant she calls upon him, her command certainly unrelenting. "of course, miss." he knows it is what she is used to, and thus he delivers. besides, he had been daydreaming. his calloused fingers tenderly grab the painting by diagonal corners, the body of the painting kept tight to his body, but not touching. it is cumbersome, he must admit, but does not require so much time to situate that he loses the woman's patience.[break][break]

with a curling lip, he lets a few more words of submission spill out of his mouth. "just tell me where this needs to go and i'll take care of it."[break][break]

the other man stands skulking, perhaps embarrassed or shocked by the niceties his replacement has taken up with the woman. zeke nods to the man in acknowledgement of the transition of responsibility here. all the while, his short fuse that remains dormant blissfully sits, waiting for a spark and a soft breeze.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 5:33:13 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
He comes to the curl of her finger, and his quick-wit into following her gives him a one-up in her reasons for keeping him around. At least for now.[break][break]

"Careful to place your fingers on the frame, not on the canvas. There might be dust or dirt on these paintings - they're older than you and I both."[break][break]

She inspects the placement of his hands, deems them satisfactory, and then gestures with her chin for him to follow. The painting he carries isn't particularly large, easy enough for one man to carry in by himself.[break][break]

"This one will be going into my office. Follow me."[break][break]

Sabine steps away from him and into the building, holding the door open for him because another worker isn't paying enough attention to.[break][break]

"It's just down the hall and to the left. My name is on the door."[break][break]

As soon as he's through, she follows after him.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a, .punkianger-sab .bulk b, .punkianger-sab .bulk i, .punkianger-sabcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TRFGKzg/sabine-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 19:27:31 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]if the woman is a porcupine, her needles are at bay, the bristling from before quelled by his competence and complacence. her comments on the age of the painting pique his interest, curiosity begging him to pipe up in the name of knowledge. she's hurried him off toward her office, and he walks with his torso torqued so as to take up minimal space in the hallway.[break][break]

Down the hall and to the left he goes, his sense of direction providing little assistance for the simple task. he reads the door, the name on it engraved on an ornate, gold nameplate. sabine calcifet. he backs away from the door, allowing ms. calcifet to lead the way into the office. "it's nice to meet you, by the way, ms. calcifet. i'm zeke." his occupied hands prevent him from offering a hand to shake, not that she seemed like the type anyways.[break][break]

he follows her as she pushes through the door, subtly eying the room that exudes a sophistication he is unfamiliar with. "nice office." it comes out smoothly but unexpectedly. he clears his throat before stopping in his track, waiting for some order to put the art wherever it is meant to be. "can i ask, what is this piece i'm carrying anyways?" for the time being, it seems the two have settled upon a professional, friendly rapport, one that was scarce with the man who came before him. his eyes follow her as she moves about, a tiny grin forced upon his face.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 19:39:18 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
The soft click of her heels melt into background noise as she follows him down the hall. Her eyes never stray from the pinched position of his hands, the slight sway of the awkward-sized painting as he transports it. Only when he stops at her office door does she peel her eyes away from his possession to meet his eyes. [break][break]

He offers her a greeting matched with pleasantries, but there is a coy, or maybe smug, look in her eye as she looks him up and down. [break][break]

"Likewise, Zeke."[break][break]

Sabine exhales, arms crossing over her chest as she pivots on her heel, staring at her blank walls in search of the perfect spot. She finds it behind her desk, to be displayed as a sign of her past, not her future.[break][break]

"It's a piece of Galarian history, of my family heritage."[break][break]

Her eyes flash, however, from her half-hearted warmth to something much hotter. While his eyes follow her around the room, something shifts behind the veil of the painting. She mistakes the movement for his incompetence, seeing the shape catch on the end of her desk and tumble under it.[break][break]

"Be careful! You've knocked something loose."[break][break]

She ushers for her to set down the painting, and she peeks beneath the cloth to discover nothing immediately amiss. If they look beneath the desk, however, they would find a bizarre rock, cracked just down the middle.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 20:13:15 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]zeke finds his interest in the painting remains, her answer little more than the cracking of a door he begs to be flung open for all to see through. and yet, zeke drops the topic as he watches sabine survey her own office. her sense of superiority is palpable in the air, and it shows itself in the decor of her office. zeke is standing still enough, his posture only broken by the stern reprimand of sabine. "i haven't moved an inch." his voice is stern but unoffensive, the words simply fact forced into the air.[break][break]

he remains still, afraid to exacerbate the problem that he is still wholly unaware of. the painting leans against the chair, out of his hands. how could he have knocked something loose? the pondering is wasted time as sabine checks for herself, only to find nothing has changed. "promise i didn't do a thing." it's a plea this time, the levity of this being a piece of family history weighing down upon him. his eyes fall to hers, only to be drawn away by a wavering shadow behind her.[break][break]

"hm?" it escapes his lips so softly, almost inaudibly. he moves toward her desk, treading lightly, as if part of him is still responsible for the painting. bending at the waist, zeke finds himself drawn toward the shadow as it creeps out from under the desk.[break][break]

his eyes find sabine's again, head beckoning her closer to him. "what's this stone...? is this some kind of heirloom as well? i didn't see it when i walked in." the chunk of cracked and jagged feldspar sits patiently, perfectly, for an art curator's divine attention.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 20:50:51 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
"Well you must have, or else you've knocked something loose somehow!"[break][break]

Her response is heated, her eyes like daggers as she stares through the man. The veil is replaced with a snap of her wrist, her cheeks hot with frustration, with panic. It had cost her a fortune to have this.. ahem.. stolen from her mother in Hammerlocke. The damned woman wouldn't notice it missing, but she would have her daughters head on a pike if she found out it had been damaged in any way.[break][break]

And so she remains locked in a defiant staring-contest with the only other person who could possibly be responsible for something coming loose. She doesn't bend to check beneath the desk, but her eyes follow the line of his own when he peers past her. Whatever shadow creeps over her shoulder, or around the corner, or from beneath her feet is missed. It shrinks back as her harrowing gaze lands on it.[break][break]

"What are you doing?"[break][break]

She steps aside when he steps towards her and her desk. But it seems that he's found something, and although helpful for their search, she can't help but grow more agitated when she lays eyes on it.[break][break]

"A stone? What are you talking about?"[break][break]

Her reaction is a sharp gasp of horror, more to see it cracked than to see it at all. It doesn't immediately ring a bell, but she hesitates as she looks at it. [break][break]

"Well, it's broken. Heirloom or no, it's ruined now that you've dropped it, you clumsy idiot."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 21:29:20 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]her gaze is heated enough to light his fuse. the murderous eyes matched with the contempt elicit a chuckle from zeke, who has decided that he doesn't have the time or the patience to deal with this ego as it fills the room and pins them all against the walls. "i think you know i didn't do shit...and i don't think you have a damn clue what this rock is, do you?" his eyes flutter and roll, turning to face away from her for a moment.[break][break]

"i mean really, you're an art collector or dealer or something...and you don't know what that is? in your own office? his eyes find hers, challenging her to find every less-than civil thing he's ever done in his life lurking within their azure. "does that not strike you as odd?" time to kiss the paycheck goodbye.[break][break]

his bold statement pours over into his actions as his sturdy but spry frame moves past her and toward the stone. his hand reaches toward it, closing the gap between him and the rock before stopping completely, motionless. "what the...?" the shadow dances, expanding, reaching toward him. "fuck!" he falls back into the center of the room, sitting at sabine's feet with his back to her, eyes locked onto the suspicious stone.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 22:31:11 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
The chuckle surprises her, the flame behind his eyes, that rage that she's uncovered: that's normal. She's used to igniting people's heat and basking in the warm glow of their anger. It meant the attention was on her, it meant they were listening.[break][break]

But the laughter - that catches her off guard. Perhaps it should scare her, given she's alone in a room with a man she barely knows the name of. [break][break]

"I think I know that you were the one to carry this in, and now there's a broken piece tucked under my desk. I--"[break][break]

She doesn't know how to respond to his follow-up snark, because he's right. That much is evident in the flush of her cheeks and the way she stammers.[break][break]

"It's my mother's painting, so it's probably my mother's rock. The only thing odd is your attitude towards your boss."[break][break]

Sabine stares him down in a challenge, regardless of any self-preservation skills she should have. He moves and she doesn't budge, too stubborn to worry about whether or not he might actually throttle her.[break][break]

But he reaches past her for the rock, only to gasp in horror and shout profanities. With a thump, he lands at her feet, head bumping against her shins. She's rooted to the spot due to being pinned between him and the painting. Caught between a rock and a hard place, so to speak.[break][break]

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Get off of me!"[break][break]

When she moves to dismantle her precarious position, however, she stumbles to the side and falls to her knees. The spirit in the stone comes out to play a second time, this time reaching to flick the ends of her dark hair.[break][break]

She screams, scrambling backward to slam back into Zeke.[break][break]

"What the fuck is that thing?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 0:38:03 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]no more time is spared in the trading of jabs between the two hotheads. realizing what he's done, or, rather, where he's put sabine, zeke awkwardly scoots out to the side to free her. like the rock itself, the shadowy projections are jagged as they tease the woman. the shock of what is unfolding freezes him for another half of a second before he pulls himself to his feet. his instincts urge him toward the painting, hands clasping its edges carefully and moving it across the room to a place less trafficked. [break][break]

"your guess is as good as mine!" a pokemon, perhaps? an ultrabeast? he cannot say for sure, but the answer is but a means to the same end -- he whips out the first pokeball he can find. a flash of light reveals selzius, his cryogonal. fate was merciful in the random selection of a levitating beast in a room of trinkets and antiques. "before you say anything, we're not gonna fuck anything up...unless we have to." in which case, we won't be paying the damages.[break][break]

the ice-type's presence itself is enough to change the scene; zeke watches as the tendrils retreat, the darkness culminating into a more tangible being. within the purple glows an emerald face, and suddenly, all is clear. "a spiritomb? how did that get here?" as the words leaves his mouth zeke wonders how sabine will pin its presence on him.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 1:08:54 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
Sabine scrambles to her feet, hurriedly putting Zeke back in front of her as her human shield. He continues with his sharp-edged retorts, ever the gentleman, and she glares daggers into the back of his neck, unimpressed.[break][break]

But he moves the painting out of harm's, which genuinely surprises her, and she remains frozen at the back of the room opposite the strange creature. Her eyes are wide, this time with some degree of fear or surprise, and she white-knuckles the edge of her desk as she leans on it. Zeke releases what looks like a gigantic snowflake, and she stares at him incredulously.[break][break]

"Wha-- what are you doing? Don't antagonize it!"[break][break]

And the fact that he immediately tells her that they aren't going to fuck anything up gives her cause for concern.[break][break]

"That really doesn't make me feel any better - it sounds like that's exactly what you'll do."[break][break]

Before her eyes, the strange tendrils curl back into itself and transform into a purple hue. Sabine feels the colour drain from her face at the sight of it, a vivid and terrifying memory climbing to the forefront of her thoughts.[break][break]

"Oh no. No, no, no. That thing was mother's. It is a foul, cruel beast."[break][break]

It had haunted her nightmares and misplaced her items constantly. A trickster and a villain, with a penchant for ruining Sabine's day over anyone else's. Mother had insisted she take it as a compliment because it meant that the Spiritomb liked her over anyone else. Sabine thought of it as a curse.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 1:27:36 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]the alarm in sabine's voice is enough to make zeke smirk, at least a little, before recalling selzius. "fine, i won't antagonize it!" this was her painting, her office, her mother's spiritomb. battle it, don't battle it -- either way, you're an idiot, zeke! as they all stand, it becomes apparent that the beast before them has no real interest in zeke. it's gaze, if you could call it that, fixes on sabine. if it was so foul, why hadn't it attacked? [break][break]
"seems like you two have a bit of a history." he can tell by the incredulous look frozen onto sabine's face, though the nature of the history remains unclear. reason tells him that if it were truly a dark and foul creature, she'd have run for the door and left zeke here to perish the moment the spiritomb revealed itself. in his analysis, the world feels frozen as neither party moves.[break][break]
zeke heaves a sigh, not necessarily out of frustration. "should i let you handle this? should i go? should i bring out another pokemon? ...bosses are supposed to boss, no?" this moment feels like it belongs to sabine, and his presence is but a mere coincidence for a meeting that was destined to happen sooner or later.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 1:51:28 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rustboro city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
The room seems to warm up immediately the moment his Cryogonal is returned. It gives Sabine a moment of clarity, as if the cold emanating from the creature was enough to cloud her judgement. [break][break]

"Good, thank you, finally, you show a little bit of sense."[break][break]

As it would turn out, the Spiritomb was infatuated with the woman in some way or another, wholly attracted to her own tumultuous spirit and charismatic charm - as mother had put it. It's lack of aggression was out of fear of the Cryogonal and the fearful reaction both people had had to it's sudden arrival. [break][break]

Sabine frowns up at Zeke, stepping out slightly from behind his broad shoulders.[break][break]

"History? The way you say that suggests that's a good thing."[break][break]

That frozen look of astonishment soon melts into something akin to disgust. She brushes past the man to stare down the Spiritomb. It seems to wiggle in excitement, happy to see her. She, however, does not return the gesture.[break][break]

"What in the devil are you doing here, you ugly.. thing. You're supposed to be home with mother, acting as her glorified paper weight."[break][break]

The babbling from the peanut gallery is waved aside, though her head snaps at his rudeness.[break][break]

"And what am I supposed to do? This isn't my Pokemon, this isn't my problem. Don't tell me how to do my job."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
we must find our way [s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 2:28:30 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

[attr="class","pinside"]

[attr="class","pintag"]#

[attr="class","pinpost"]
[attr="class","pinscroll"]zeke can feel the tension in the air dissipating, like a mist slowly diluting until only the truth is revealed. that truth? this "monster" misses its friend. its friend? perhaps most irritating person he's spoken to on this continent! he finds himself a spectator as the two stare one another down.[break][break]

the showdown is interrupted by sabine's verbal assault once again, though perhaps warranted this time. "i don't know what you're supposed to do! but you can't exactly ship it back to galar, can you?" the question comes out in a bit of a huff but is genuine. "i'm not gonna speak on behalf of your mother, but maybe she thinks spiritomb should be with you? like the painting?" a sigh escapes once more. "okay, so i am going to speak on behalf of your mother. oh well. but that would mean spiritomb is your pokemon, like how that painting is your painting!" the words sound exasperated and he awaits her snarky remark, sensing she has no affinity for moments of vulnerability, or whatever.[break][break]

"i'm not an inspirational speaker. but you get what i mean." zeke sure had a lot of confidence for a guy being paid next to nothing to literally move furniture. perhaps it's because he has nothing left to lose.