the beginning [open/wild]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2018 15:21:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
xxx for @open!
armed with a notebook and a pen, thomas finds himself with a mini life goal to travel around hoenn one small place at a time for no apparent reason whatsoever. it is day 1500 something since he had woken up on that hospital bed, and he finds that he is no closer to knowing who he really is. he sighs as he stares into space, letting the words form in his head and connect to the imagery in front of him. it is one exercise that had helped him reestablish language and coherent thought, so it has become really more of a reflex now than anything else. green grass for the hills, a splash of blue for the sky, and white for the clouds. more green for the leaves, but brown for the trunk, which has a rough texture that makes his finger fidget a little when he runs it on the surface. the wind is light today, barely ruffling the pages of his journal.

he sits on a cut tree stump, felled by a living hand. he folds his legs in so that they are not touching the ground. he hasn't seen a lot of people pass this way today, but it's not like he is an unknown part of hoenn. if anything, he is right beside the beginner's route. despite the chaos he hears on TV (he hears the names 'league' and 'rocket' over and over, one said with hope and dignity, the other with bitterness and spit), there are still children who chose to venture into the world as the traditional rite of passage dictates. he wonders if he too had gone through a pokemon journey when he was younger. he only has banette now, so that is simply another question that is left unanswered.

he flicks his pen around into a quick spin before placing the top close to his lips. maybe he might encounter a pokemon today instead of a person. he doodles a crude wurmple getting captured in a poke ball, but in reality he does not feel like taking in anyone else besides his current partner.

notes: his brain needs stimuli at the moment someone help

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#5190ED; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#5190EDF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 17:27:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

rosslynn happily skipped down the route. her hands would move to pick several flowers and arrange them in a happy little bouquet. with a smile, she continued on her way until she found herself within view of the young man sitting on the stump. while she paid no mind to him, she kind of got in the way of where of where he was looking and painting. but, despite this, the green haired girl would giggle in her own little world as she played in the grass and flowers.

it was finally after about ten minutes or so doing this that her gaze looked over. she gave an 'oh' face, moving forward with a big grin. "hi! i'm rosslynn jones! sorry i got in your way there it seems. you are a good artist!" the young woman said with a happy, cheerful smile. ross was obviously nothing but a ray of sunshine at this point. from behind here came her little companion, an eevee who climbed up onto her shoulder.

flora gave a little coo, as if to give a small greeting to thomas, but it was only a cute gesture to the young girl as she giggled. "this is flora! she's my only and bestest friend in the world. what's your name, anyway?"

tags: @thomashale
notes: hi, this is them introducing themselves to one another now.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 1:38:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

someone enters his field of vision, but she does not seem to notice him. that's alright, he thinks, he's used to blending in the crowd, though this is a bit odd since there is no crowd around here. it's just him and the trees and the flowers and the occasional cries of a pokemon. he wonders how she missed him, but as he watches her, he notices that she seems to be in her own little world. she looks as if she is part of a painting or a constructed photograph. he has only seen such carefreeness in advertisements. he suddenly recalls one with a family having a picnic in a place like this. he remembers smiling faces, happy spaces. he wonders where his family is or if they're still alive. his stare becomes blank for a minute or so before he is finally able to pull himself out. he shivers.

he searches hie memories if there is a possibility that they have met before because when she notices him, she's bound to strike a conversation. she seems like the type to do so. her gait gives it away, like she is a part of the breeze. he tries to capture that in a sketch, but he is ultimately unsatisfied when she finally approaches him. he is unable to close his notebook in time.

"thank you." he replies simply, "it...it helps me remember things since words...sometimes fail." it took approximately a month for him to recover most of the vocabulary that he knew before the mind wipe. at least, he thinks that's where the words come from. thankfully, words alone are not so hard to search for compared to memories. he shudders to think what it would be like if he was unable to string together cohesive thought. emotions alone are terrifying.

he doesn't recognise the pokemon on her shoulder, but gives a light nod at the fluffy creature's direction. "thomas. thomas hale." even after years, the name is foreign to him. he feels weird speaking it, but it is the only name that is left with him, and so he decides to use it rather than throw it away. "are you here to...just pick flowers?" he hopes that sounds about right. talking is hard sometimes. at least he still is able to talk. it reassures him that he's still here.

@rosslynn
notes: woot

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 6:14:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

rosslynn would tilt her head as she listens to him speak. blinking, the girl then gives a kind smile. "i see, well, i think art is an amazing way to remember things. it lasts a good while. especially if it becomes famous and put in a museum." the woman nods sagely as she crossed her arms. her eyes then seemed to get distracted by some pokemon flying past in the sky. or maybe it was a cloud. either way, her attention went elsewhere for a moment before she snapped herself back to the artistic male.

"mmhmm! well, more like to relax and enjoy the prettiness of the route. but it's mostly the flowers that draws me. see, i'm a florist." the woman admits, humming a bit as she moves to sway on the balls of her feet playfully. it was obvious the woman was full of energy that she honestly couldn't control. but hey, some thought her childish nature was adorable.

"so, mister hale, where are you staying at? i stay in petalburg usually but i like to travel about." rosslynn asks lightly, moving to bounce about.

this girl really couldn't keep still.

tags: @thomashale
notes: <3