Too Cold For Waterfall Training [Wild/Duo/Open]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 0:13:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

at most I'm sleeping all these demons away

Meteor falls was always one of Honoka’s favorite places about Hoenn. The region was fairly pretty all around, but there was something about huge waterfalls that just gave her chills, but in a good way. It was like being out over the ocean during a storm; the power of the thing was unbridled, even though one could argue it was ‘just water.’ Plus, it came with her main type of pokemon, or one of them, so she rarely walked out of here empty handed.

Her Gible walked beside her, four pokeballs clipped to her belt though only three were filled right now. She had some extra in her bag as well for bringing someone, or more than one, home with her. The falls were, unsurprisingly, busy right now. Scientists littered the area in pockets in and around the falls. There was the odd shriek every now and then of one of them stepping into the chilled water of the pools between the falls to look at or grab something. What they wouldn’t do for science, right?

Honoka chuckled to herself, watching them for a moment. There was a group of three in one such calm, shallow pool who seemed to be wading around in shin-deep water looking for fossils or rocks or something. Shoes off, pants rolled up to their knees even in the cold weather, lab coats having been discarded on the shore to keep dry. Something in the water had grabbed their interest, and she watched them a moment, taking in their excitement and fervor with mild amusement. Whatever they were looking for, they were obviously passionate about, and seemed to be having fun despite the frigid water around their ankles. She leaned casually against a tree and just stayed there a moment; she was curious about what they were looking for, what had drawn their interest so acutely. She’d move on in a few minutes.

@tag
words: 325
notes

MADE BY VEL OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 1:18:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the things that you might like don't grow inside of me

"Bitch as much as you want, it's not gonna make me go any faster." While the words spoken were harsh, the tone in Ryusuke voice was less scolding as much as it was simply stating a fact. Grovyle, likewise, failed to take offense as the Wood Gecko merely paused atop the rock outcropping a few meters ahead, eyes glaring back in mock judgement before hopping back down to the cave's floor and darting to the next stalagmite several more meters off.

Meteor Falls was, surprisingly, actually crowded for once... and to be entirely honest, Ryusuke wasn't sure what to make of it. Typically speaking the place had always been fairly empty, a wide open space with little readily visible aside from the light tan and gold colored stone that made up the cavern walls and the numerous rock formations within. Beyond that... water. Lots and lots of water, and more than enough Zubat and Geodude to go around if you hadn't brought along enough Repels to keep them away. Generally speaking all of those things were on the list of crap Ryusuke tended to avoid at all costs, but after his trip to Johto... it was hard to explain, but the place bore a similar enough resemblance to Dragon's Den that all of those previous complaints didn't seem to matter quite as much anymore.

The people, though, were another story entirely. Normally scientists tended to be among the few kinds of people Ryusuke would readily tolerate as they could usually offer up some intelligent conversation if pressed to, but not here. Their presence ruined whatever quality it was that drew the blond back to the caves after his last visit the day before, and that meant getting deeper. Far enough in that they couldn't readily or willingly follow, and while Ryusuke was more than capable of it the rough terrain was still enough to slow him down as well.

Something that Grovyle took a fair amount of delight in, the little prick.

Clad in his usual black clothing and red duster, though, they'd made it a fair ways into the cave, far enough that the voices of the other scientists back in the main cavern could only be heard echoing off of the cave's walls. At this point he and Grovyle had gone far enough in that the only other people they were likely to run into were the Dragon Tamers that used the caves as a personal retreat and training ground, and they were going to be few and far between.

@honoka
made by duet of gs
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 2:24:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She only stayed a few minutes longer, her mind wandering as she remained observing the scientists. She wondered idly if they were students, that would explain why there were so many out here and likely why they were so excitable. She wasn't a scientist herself so maybe this was just how they were though too, she didn't really know. Her idle thinking was interrupted by her Gible making impatient noises and prodding her legs. Apparently he wanted to keep going and get to what they were doing. She just chuckled at him and pushed herself off the tree, entering the caves finally.

It was a little bit cooler inside the cave, but not by much. Just enough to make her comfortable as she kept walking as the sounds of those outside, and those bustling near the entrance inside the cave, faded. She had to go pretty far in to find what she was looking for, and the only sound in here other than her footsteps and those of her Gible, really, was the whooshing of water. She found she was glad she'd gone with the white shorts and blue tank top and hiking boots. Enough to cover her and still keep her cool, and the shorts and boots made for easy movement as they clambered further back into the cave. There was enough climbing as they went further back into the cave that a skirt or thicker pants might have become cumbersome.

Honoka jumped off a rock into a larger clear area, her footsteps echoing lightly in the cavern, her Gible following suit and landing by grabbing on to her shoulder and just sort of hanging there. She was both surprised and not to see a familiar blonde clad in his usual red and black. She found herself smirking slightly as she made to walk toward him and what appeared to be a Grovyle. Guess that means that his little Treecko evolved since she last saw him, making her wonder what else the fellow trainer had been up to since their last encounter and, her smirk faltering a bit, if he'd talked to his mother recently.

Honoka would still raise a hand to shoulder height in a small wave and call out as she approached, her Gible still handing lazily off her shoulder somehow, "Guess I'm not the only one taking advantage of the clear weather despite the cold. Been a while, Ryusuke."

@ryusuke
words: 407
notes

MADE BY VEL OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 2:48:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the things that you might like don't grow inside of me

His back facing towards the main cavern that they had come from, Ryusuke was initially unaware of the fact that another person had chosen to take the same path he had - rather, his eyes were too busy scanning over the rock formations in the well lit cavern, beams of sunlight piercing down from holes in the ceiling above. Without the constant noise and chattering of the crowd out front there was much more room to simply think, and it was a concession that Ryusuke would take any day of the week. As it was the blond trainer had lost himself so deeply in thought that he failed to notice the sound that came with another pair of boots touching down on stone a few meters back - although Grovyle, having been facing Ryusuke, quite clearly saw the girl's arrival, head tilting and expression shifting to the closest rendition of a raised eyebrow that his reptilian features would allow. Not that the Pokemon made any attempt to notify his partner of the new arrivals, instead silently appraising the pair as his yellow eyes would settle on the Gible clinging to Honoka's shoulder, gaze locking onto the Dragon as he began sizing the smaller Pokemon up.

Ryusuke, however, would remain oblivious until she actually spoke - only then did she demand his immediate attention.

"The hell-?" Ryusuke muttered, voice quickly registering as a familiar one in his head but failing to connect to a name or face until the blond's head whipped around in surprise and spotted the source - although even then it still took a moment. There were a handful of other trainers that Ryusuke had made a point to keep track of, but they were few and far between. Even then they were typically out of sight and out of mind until and unless he needed something or until they encountered each other again... much like this. Despite Honoka being one such trainer it had been literally weeks if not months since they'd last spoken, and to be completely honest he hadn't expected to run into her again after leaving Johto - at least not by chance. To say that this little meeting had come out of left field was a bit of an understatement, although Honoka herself didn't seem to be nearly as caught off guard by the sudden encounter.

"... to put it mildly. The hell are you doing all the way out here, I thought you'd still be in Johto?" Ryusuke said, glancing to Grovyle only to confirm that the Pokemon had indeed been aware of her presence. Not that the Wood Gecko cared - or, more likely, noticed as his gaze was still locked to the small Pokemon on Honoka's shoulder. Hand coming up to scratch at the back of his head, Ryusuke turned to look back to the other trainer for a moment before speaking again.

"He's new, when'd you get him?" Ryusuke said, nodding to the Gible.

@honoka
made by duet of gs
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 7:08:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her smile would broaden into a grin, largely from amusement, at Ryusuke's greeting. It had been a fair while since they had last seen each other, though it seemed she was less surprised to see him than he was to see her. He traveled a lot, if she remembered right, so seeing him here wasn't so unusual. The Grovyle was new, though not entirely unexpected either. It was about time that silly little guy evolved after all.

"I'm doing what you're likely doing here," was her response. "I'm here being a trainer. Challenge the gyms and become the very best and all that. Though if you want a real answer, I'm here because of my family. Mom moved here and I'm keeping away from my grandmother, as usual." She shrugged, coming closer and waving at the Grovyle as she did, noticing his stare at the Gible on her shoulder.

And so did Ryusuke it seemed. The shark-ish pokemon was pretty obvious hanging off her shoulder like the lazy bum that it was, its blue darker than that of her shirt, though its eyes were watching Ryusuke's Grovyle with equal curiosity. She shrugged again, the motion making the Gible bounce slightly along with the movement of her shoulder, "I got him a few days after I came here actually. I was on my way to Rustboro and he was sleeping as soundly as a Snorlax on the side of the road. Put up more of a fight than I might have expected for something I found asleep on the road, honestly, but I made the stubborn shit mine after a bit of a fight. Though he's kept the Snorlax attitude the rest of the time."

She nodded at the Grovyle, "How long ago did he evolve? I think the last time I saw him he was still a Treecko wasn't he? Guess it really has been a little while, huh?" She grinned at the tree gecko pokemon, "Looking good there, bud."

@ryusuke
words: 354
notes

MADE BY VEL OF GS