INTRODUCTIONS

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 3:55:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"women's intuition, maybe." she was hardly a 'woman,' more like a 'young woman.' but she could use it as an excuse, couldn't she?

"more like, i had a psychic type once. they're a real advantage if the bond is good enough and the pokémon are loyal. which, yours seem to be very loyal. you've a lot of experience with them." the, 'despite simulations and games' part of her thought was present only in her tone and the way she looked away from him before making a face.

that pink would likely lead them out, and she had to think of something clever to get him to stay. he probably wouldn't, and didn't need to. he was a busy man! but he was the first member of the council she'd met, spoken with, and honestly, he wasn't terrible company. or maybe she was just desperate for friends.

more like his mystery, that bit in his eyes had her curious.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 4:10:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"uh huh," the unsure tone of fernando's answer shows how much he doubts her. it's all in good fun, he supposes, so he allows the answer to settle. at least until she explains herself. "ah." the change in disposition shows how much more he approves of her newer, more reasonable thought process.

"i don't keep pokemon who don't share my mindset or ideals." the kadabra hisses once more and its a sure sign that the exits been found. the other spoon in its hand twists into a spiral before bending over at the shoulder. a silent exchange between psychics is enough to buffer the time it takes for all of them to TELEPORT onto the exit. "it's easier to work with people who share your sentiments."

he gives no congratulation to his pokemon for their performance. there's no need to praise every work they do. it's expected, and in many cases the standard. his appreciation is shown only by their exposure. those who show merit are used more often than those who don't. being allowed out of their pokeballs is reward enough.

"but that was an interesting experience. it does bode promising for challenging the base skill line of any trainers that seek your badge. i'm very pleased with your gym layout, miss myrtle."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 4:40:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

some trainers kept pokémon despite keeping the same ideals, which led to confliction and poor battling. the fact that silph understood as basic a truth as that was honestly no surprise to francie. instead, she simply let an agreeing smile move over her face as he spoke.

it was when he dropped a compliment that she looked a little like he might've passed gas instead. she was so shocked to hear words like that from him, simply because maybe she talked herself out of her own compliments or her own value. she'd learn to value herself... some other time. self-procrastination was a constant companion of miss myrtle's.

"well," she blinked out of her three-second hesitating gaze before smiling at him brightly and putting her hands on her hips. lincoln had bounced over to her feet, not wanting to be near the hissing kadabra anymore. "i'm glad you enjoyed yourself, at any rate, mr. silph." did they really have to use the titles? she sort of enjoyed it, calling him mr. and him calling her miss. it was fun. people rarely did it these days.

a few skip steps later and she was pulling open a case with a fingerprint identification. she pulled out the balance badge and then turned to fernando, holding the badge out in the palm of her hand to him. "congratulations, mr. silph. you've officially earned your balance badge."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 5:39:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she reads him the wrong way. while phrased on purpose to show a sort of compromise between him and his pokemon, behind that meaning is a more sinister truth. fernando trusts few people and those that prove wily are unpredictable, a liability he cannot afford in his line of work. his trainer methods differ from the rest and the seeds of resentment flourish in these conditions. for that reason alone, fernando expels those that prove potential backstabbers. only the best and brightest, with a reasonable sense of loyalty, will find a seat at his round table.

her reaction to his response leave him unsettled, to say the least, but he bodes it to her personality rather than anything he had said. going back over it, he couldn't find anything outright wrong with what he said, so he allows the awkward second to pass before francie comes through. what comes after makes the whole trip worth it. "oh." he's surprised by the suddenness of it all. here in, he was still half expecting her to pull out a battle on him. lo and behold, the badge is presented to him and he's free to leave whenever.

yet, something compels him to stay.

"i appreciate it, miss myrtle." with a delicate touch, fernando plucks the badge from its case and places it into his wallet. "i hope i've met your expectations."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 12:53:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

that brought a question to light for francie. what... what on earth had she expected him to be? maybe one of those philanthropists like ironman(that's right she reads). or possibly she expected something more socially awkward given his media background. but wasn't that why she was going and meeting everybody on the council and all the gym leaders? so she didn't judge the books by their cover?

"you're mildly similar to your cover, yet completely different at the same time." her brows remained relaxed, eyes on him, smile in place. she was calm and confident in her words. "you've definitely surpassed any expectations i might have had, but i definitely tell myself to set the bar low. just means you'll have to surpass them every time we meet from here on out now, doesn't it?"

which would imply she wanted to see him again; and she definitely did.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 16:08:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
to his cover?

that's food for thought, something fernando meticulously cultivates through his varied appearances and demeanor. as to how the rest of the world interprets him, he can only go off what they tell him. in that regard, he has no choice but to trust the feedback from his pr team, unable to delineate the authenticity of their claims versus their desire to provide him with a satisfactory answer.

"i'm a man of many facets," he answers with a hint of a tease. oh, if only she knew. "but i'm glad i have your approval. i'll strive hard to meet and exceed any expectations you may have in the future. i hope you can feel confident with the league's choice on my position."

he pauses.

"and i'm very pleased with our choice in petalburg's gym leader. you show promise and i have faith the city is in good hands - your hands, miss myrtle. keep up the good work." she never asks for his praise but he delivers it nonetheless. it only feels natural after having her besiege him in compliments.

their encounter comes to a close and fernando shuffles his magneton and kadabra back into their pokeballs. only gardevoir, his primary transport, and the most elegant of his pokemon, is allowed to stay out. a glance at his smart watch reminds him of the time and the many notifications he's snoozed. "i don't suppose you're doing something after this, are you?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
INTRODUCTIONS
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 17:32:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

something in that tease made francie so curious as to what other facets it was that mr. silph might've had. her train of thought was completely rerouted by his hop that he fulfilled his role as council and compliments being thrown her way. she'd just complimented him so she supposed it was only fair he return the favor. so a mental note was made not to get into a compliment battle... or maybe to provoke one at some point when silph seemed distracted by his own thoughts.

"my, what sentiments from you, mr. silph. but you've no reason to worry, since you more than proved your worth as a member of the council during slateport." or so she'd heard. even if it had fallen, there had been a lot of league sacrifices. "i heard you were fighting strong. that's all we can really ask for is one's best." sometimes the best wasn't enough. the challenge was accepting that and moving to become even better, to stretch one's best so that it was enough next time.

as far as plans went, she'd closed off the gym for the day because she wasn't sure what time he'd get there. her trainers were there, sure, but she wouldn't be accepting challenges that day because of league business. "i'm free all day. i wasn't sure when you would arrive, so i announced the gym as closed today outside of regular schedule. though, i could use a bite." she motioned toward the back door, it was close to the 'exit' of the maze where they were. "i've heard oldale has a really nice family owned restaurant that's famous for breakfast at anytime."

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:11px;[/newclass]