all the care in the world

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 17:05:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","gabrielpost"]he's taken to wandering these past few weeks. that's the thing about restaurant jobs--it's as easy as putting in a request for time off. so with a pocket full of the busy season's funds (though it's dwindling now), he finds himself in lavaridge now, perched on the edge of a silver-backed chair (what he wouldn't give for a pillow or something under him) with a cup of almost-but-not-quite cold cup of half-drunk coffee in front of him. he has his nose in a book, thumb wedged in its inner spine, fingers splayed along its back as his other hand idly fiddles with the handle of his coffee mug.

aristotle rests by his feet, amber eyes lidded. the vulpix drowzily watches passersby. it's a sleepy town, filled with older folks visiting for the hot springs. gabriel himself is here for that very reason, but upon striking up a conversation with the owner of a quaint bookshop next to his hostel, he sits here instead, distracted from his mission to see more of his own world. 

his fixation is a tattered paperback that contains clusters of memoirs of lavaridge's locals, dated some years back. life doesn't seem to have changed for very many of them (is the conclusion that he's drawn, anyway). it's an old town, stuck in its own time.

spinoza, his partner who seems to take the exploration part of gabriel's mission more seriously, pads around the corner of the coffee shop. aristotle raises his head, tails swaying on the ground. the two exchange a few yips and gabriel glances away from his book long enough to drop a hand and scritch behind spinoza's ears. 

"starting to feel restless then?" he asks the pokemon. aristotle flicks his ears. "let me finish my coffee and then we'll take a look at the springs," he says warmly. 

@verbatim3

[newclass=.gabrielpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost i]color:#D4AF37;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 16:40:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Erinn wasn't much of a people person. Though anyone who knew her for more than five minutes probably got that impression pretty easily. But she did enjoy her Pokemon well enough and that was why she was feeding her Vibrava a berry donut she had gotten from one of the coffee shops. Lavaridge was good for the dragon type considering for some weird fucking reason it liked steaming near the hot springs. The reason being that it was part ground type and water generally fucked them up. But whatever. Monika was weird as shit anyways.

Having a nearly four foot Pokemon hanging over her back like a strange sort of backpack was unusual, even for a trainer. Feeding the Pokemon over her shoulder was also probably not quite normal but she didn't really give a fuck. "Monika do you want another one?" The dragon vibrated a little bit on her back to indicate yes. So Erinn dug another one of the donuts out of the bag carefully. "What the fuck are you looking at?" An old man stared at her as she dug around in the bag trying to find the one she wanted.

There was nothing worse than old men staring at her as she tried to go about her day to day business. They were pretty gross the way they leered and lech'd after young women and she wasn't going to take the shit from them. Instead of engaging her though the man began to shuffle off towards the hot springs. Probably to try and be a creep to the girls who came in and out of there. "What a fucking asshole, right Monika?" Maybe she would have to pay a trip to the hot springs later to make sure no one was being a creep.

@gabriel
>> sorry this is so late ive been meh brain wise!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 18:21:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","gabrielpost"]it's spinoza who noticed them first. the leafeon, sitting down and licking at his paws, is distracted when the vibrava starts vibrating in response to the trainer's question. he looks up with wide eyes, head tilted. aristotle gathers himself to his feet in response and looks curiously after the trainer and pokemon.

gabriel, oblivious to his partners' mesmerized stares, takes a bit longer to notice the woman and her vibrava. it's only when she speaks so uncouthly that he looks up curiously. he takes a moment to put the situation together. he eyes the old man walking away, scowl on his face, and chuckles to himself. 

and with that, he leaves his cold coffee abandoned and puts his tattered book back into his bag. the two fox pokemon look up at him and he shrugs. spinoza, needing no more prompting, bounds forward to get a closer look at the bug pokemon.

"we've never seen a vibrava before," he explains as he nears her. he looks beyond her at the old man's back, frowns. "there's a lot of charm to old towns like this, but grimy old men keeping up 'traditional values' of women is not one of them.

"can i apologize on his behalf?

@verbatim3

[newclass=.gabrielpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost i]color:#D4AF37;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]