snoruntnapper

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 4:29:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

francie made her way through the woods with jack and jill prancing around her feet. fortree was usually creepy, but it seemed especially creepy during this time of the year. maybe it was just her? jack didn't seem to mind but jill seemed a little weary, just like her. francie could feel the eevee getting closer to her, her little bow of a collar being pushed as she curled against francie's leg until it moved, then she'd follow and push against it again. this led to francie picking the poor girl up and leaving jack to jump behind her in her footprints in the snow.

once she was in a bit more, she huffed and glanced at her team before looking around. was she lost?

"no, no." she told herself, though jill looked up at her oddly before licking her chin and jack ran into the back of her leg, having expected a print to jump into. "not lost, just, close? i think we're on the outskirts? no- yes. mm!" she puffed her cheeks out then glanced down at jack. "pokégear time?"

when the eevee did nothing but tilt his head and coo at her, francie set jill down - who immediately curled between francie's leg and jack - and then pulled off her glove to fiddle with her pokégear.

and that's when she heard something terrible. sounded almost like a scream! francie's eyes widened, jack and jill both were at attention and looking in the direction of the noise. slowly francie lifted her head toward the noise and swallowed hard

"um... that didn't sound right."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2018 1:38:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
The scream was simply what he was looking for, which both of his Poochyena had reacted to as well with a sudden shift of their heads towards its direction. Besides it though, another voice rose against the ambient noise of the wilderness, beckoning Kyle to approach its source. Those carefree words were simply not something he could ignore, especially in the face of what can be assumed to be danger.

"That sounded like adventure, you mean," he'd correct her out as he approached the girl from behind, his bland, deadpan tone unbefitting the words of enthusiasm he blurted out.

Two small Dark-types had followed his steps from behind, both of them easily amused with the snow as any other young canine would. Both of them would spot the stranger, along with her Eevees, at the same time, yapping incessantly at their presence as soon as their eyes laid on them. With both of them lunging at an Eevee, it took Kyle the effort to step on one of their tails just to stop one from acting impulsively, with the other stopping at the yelp of the other.

"Fucking heel, you two," he'd sternly instruct them, annoyance evident in his voice. He'd watch as the two behaved themselves, before turning back to Francie. He wouldn't question why she was in the middle of the woods when he was in an equally suspicious position, which he hoped that she wouldn't bring up as well.

"You wanna investigate that? Screams like that sound like some kind of prompt for a murder mystery story or something to begin, right?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2018 21:44:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

the words of a stranger caused francie to jump. her eyes widened and she glanced over, only to see him control his two poochyenas. it was a relief, considering the fact that jack would have played right back, and hard.

"i suppose calling it an adventure is a tad less spooky-" she mumbled, but then he mentioned something about a murder mystery and she glared at him. "and then ya go and say that..."

either way, he had a point. what if it was a murder? they couldn't just stand there. She dropped jill down and started off toward the noise cautiously. "keep an eye out you two." she told jack and jill, but then turned to look at the newcomer.

"i'm francie, by the way." despite the small cringe of fear in her smile, it was warm and welcoming.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 16:27:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Saying that makes me feel like I'm a main character," he chimed back, a smug expression forming on his smile.

While Francie instructed her Rockruff to stay vigilant, Kyle was more laid back with how he utilized his own set of canine Pokemon. He always kept at least one of them out at all times anyways, and so they learned to notify their trainer should any irregularity occur in the area. Besides, it wasn't like they needed four noses to do the same job.

"Kyle. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, gym leader." He'd sympathize with her smile with an awry one of his, offering a shrug of his shoulders after noticing her discomfort with the topic. Not that he was willing to change it though.

He would start pacing forward, whistling for both of his Pokemon's attention and cocking his head forward as a silent gesture for the two Poochyena to take the lead. An excited bark came from them, getting relieved from being forced to behave properly, as they trotted forward ahead of the trainers. He trusted the two of them to not get too far from him as he slowed down, turning to face Francie as he walked.

"That's a yes, right? You're gonna get in that mess too, right?" he'd asked enthusiastically in a dry voice. He'd turn back to the direction before even waiting for an answer from her. "There's no time to waste if it's actually a murder though. Maybe we should hurry."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 17:23:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

w-wow, he knew she was a gym leader? was... was she getting popular? the thought mildly confused her, but she quickly came back to her sense when he suggested they should hurry just in case it really was a murder.

"yes. and you're right." deciding to get herself focused, francie pulled herself from her fear and from her small inflated ego and humbled herself, deciding to focus on getting the current mission. she moved forward with kyle. it was a relief to have something to call him by. she didn't much fancy calling people 'dude' but if she didn't have a name for them, it did happen.

as they got closer, she saw that the cry had come from a distraught froslass. immediately francie found herself furrowing her brows and moving forward. "it looks hurt," her eevees didn't seem on edge, either. they were close to the froslass, even comforting it. jack was sure to nudge the small nest with his nose as jill sniffed about. the poochyena's had better noses than they did, which had francie looking up to kyle.

"i think she's what we heard, and i think she's lost her baby."

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 11:51:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Or maybe she just has a stomachache or something," he jested, though the deadpan tone of his voice did not seem to suggest it.

He moved in closer, standing over the nest and the Froslass. Everything did seem to point to the conclusion that Francie had made. Wild Pokemon would either get defensive or territorial when people get too close to their nests after all, and Kyle could only think that weakness was the only thing that could get them to stay neutral with the given situation. From emotional trauma perhaps, he thought. No physical injuries were on it to prove him otherwise after all.

Both of his Dark-types were nudged towards the nest with a single motion of their trainer's head. "This isn't what I expected, but I suppose a detective case about a missing child isn't that bad." Eyes were on the pair of canine Pokemon as they searched for clues. With their ears popping up and their heads raised all of a sudden, Kyle got the signal that they already got the scent in their systems and that they were ready to go.

"I guess we're lucky that this is kinda my specialty."

Or his job for that matter. People he knew often went to him if they needed to find something or someone after all, which is what the situation called for. His Poochyena quickly went on the move, faces close to the ground to keep their noses on the trail, with Kyle following after them. Their direction backtracked them to where they came from, ultimately leading them back to the village, though it wasn't until they were more than half the distance away that the dog trainer noticed.

"Uh, what's the plan when we get there?" he'd ask Francie, who he just assumed noticed their destination. "Knock on every door and get a search warrant for the Froslass' child?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 19:39:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

the kidnapping was his specialty? no, maybe he meant search and rescue. she stood up and tried to consider if having him along made them 'lucky' or not, but mostly she just felt a little bit uneasy and wished she had more information.

as they continued forward francie put her eevees back in their pokéballs. it was just easier to keep an eye on them that way and to keep up with the dog boy and his pups. keeping up with them wasn't hard, but she was starting to wish she would have taken a bird tamer to the next city instead of walking around in the woods like an idiot.

"you mean, the pups can't follow the scent past the city?" francie's brows lifted up. "i just figured they'd lead us straight to it, you know?" that sounded silly, or maybe she was naive. "get to the snorunt, take care of the kidnapper, get the snorunt back to its mother? that was my plan, anyway."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 3:44:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"It's just, uh, how do I explain this..."

Kyle would pause as he crossed his arms and stared at the ground, thinking of he'd voice out his worries about going straight to the individual that kidnapped the Snorunt. Reluctantly, he'd lift his head and turn to Francie. They needed to sort it out before they could reach the place, after all.

"It just feels like we're going to look like the bad guys or something if we go straight to someone's house, barge in, and take their belongings. Going door to door makes it, I dunno, less suspicious to the neighbors, like they won't even think of demanding a proper search warrant from us or something. We're technically trespassing if we force ourselves into their home without one, after all, or maybe thieving too if the Snorunt has officially been caught in a Pokeball."

He was basically rambling about the possibility of breaking the law. Loopholes and workarounds on them were often exploited by Kyle whenever he has the chance, as what he was trying to do for this instance. His words eventually slowed down, rubbing the back of his neck as he realized that he could simply summarize everything he just said in a simple sentence.

"I mean, your plan's still going to work. We just need to do it casually so they wouldn't suspect us after we 'steal' this Snorunt, I guess."

"..."

"I can't explain it too well, sorry. You get what I mean though, right?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 15:35:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

francie slowly began to smile as she heard kyle talk. she understood exactly what he meant the first ramble around, but she was happy to stay quite as he explained himself even further. instead of interrupting, she just listened, and kept her smile, and nodded to show she was paying attention and that she got him.

"i understand completely, and i think it's a great point."

taking a deep breath, she thought on what he was saying and how to go about some sort of plan to get the snorunt back. or maybe... maybe they could just show the damage that had been done by bringing the froslass to the town?

"what if... what if one of us convinced the froslass to come into town. she'd create enough of a fuss that the town would be aware and come out. we could explain that the froslass lost her snorunt and that's why she's upset. the one of us not with the froslass could gather up people, knock on doors, ask if they've noticed something suspicious or even just as around and explain the situation. people will listen, they'll hear the froslass, and maybe they'll come forward on their own."

because like all gym leader fluffballs, francie liked to believe that people would do the right thing.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 3:10:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Could work, could work," he'd agree, nodding his head as he thought about the course of action she suggested.

Kyle wasn't sure on how exactly a wild Pokemon would cooperate with them. They have limited interaction with humans after all, and are likely prone to attack anyone. Then again, the one they encountered earlier seemed docile and safe enough to approach. He supposed he shouldn't be worrying too much and focus more on seeing the reunion between the mother and child come into fruition with their help.

"How about you get the Froslass and I rile up the people? You can probably connect with her than I could."

It was the truth, knowing that wild Pokemon tend to trust their instincts and not get associated with people who do not genuinely show the same care to them as with Francie. A convenient one too, since it probably was the harder one out of the roles she has given him to choose from. Besides, stirring trouble and panic was easy to establish in a small settlement, especially to one that abuses the fact that he owns a badge to show his authority as a League official.

"I have people skills,"
he mentioned. It didn't apply to conventional applications, however. "I can do that second part. Probably."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 17:43:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Great! Then it's a plan!"

Quickly, Francie turned and started to head back, waving her hand goodbye as she did so.

"I'll head back then, try and be careful!"

With her parting words, Francie made her way up and into the woods again. The Froslass was easy to find. Francie could hear her still wailing over her lost child. She approached cautiously, slowly, with very fluid and soft movements.

"It's me again. I'm not here to hurt you, I wanted to talk about your baby... I think we know where it is, but we need your help getting it back. Now, I can't promise it hasn't been taken by one of the town's people, but, I'd like it if we could try and convince whoever has the little one to give them back if you're there, cooperating, being nice, you know, not attacking everybody?"

The Froslass had stopped wailing and listened to Francie, sniffing and giving a rather hurt expression. It was a relief when the Froslass nodded, moving her body to float along the ground of the woods toward the town. Francie followed behind it, sure to release Jack to be with her just in case. He knew bite, so it was her best shot other than pulling out her Rockruffs- but they were so rowdy, she wanted to try and keep it as easy a job as possible.

Hopefully Kyle had done his part.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 17:01:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
He didn't have people skills.

As the town came into view, Kyle's attention darted from one person to another. He wasn't sure how to start a confrontation with the whole populace, or even with just a single person to start things up. His eyes went to the calmer Poochyena beside him, which was then pounced on by the more energetic one as soon as their trainer slowed down. The roughhousing at least brought Kyle an idea that he didn't mind on doing.

"Oi, any of you guys noticed the rampaging Froslass?"

The question was asked to no one in particular, though his voice was clear enough to attract the interest of everyone hearing him. Eyes would gather around him, unnerving Kyle. Steeling his resolve to accomplish the tasked, he figured backing out at this moment would be more embarrassing than what he was already doing. "Shit's crazy. Poochy and I barely got out." The Dark-type limped forward on cue, fur ruffled and a hind leg lifted from the ground. The other Poochyena was kept inside the ball, deeming the canine lacking on the acting department.

"You guys didn't anger it, right?" He tried to resist the urge to give a hint, though his efforts proved to be futile as they came out on their own. "Like, I don't know, take its child or something," he added.

Mutters would fill the air, individual voices exchanging with whoever was beside them. Kyle's eyes would wander around, scanning for any sign of a guilty expression on each of their faces. There were none. He'd trudge along towards the center of the city, trying to get his own search for the individual along. He left one last message for the people of the town in case they needed a little more push to panic over the situation, however.

"You guys got something to ward them off, right? I heard blizzards they cause are outright terrorizing."

Should be enough for them to get the Snorunt out of its hiding place, he supposed.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snoruntnapper
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 18:56:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Making her way into the city with the Froslass in tow was a bit unnerving. If only because Francie didn't actually have ownership over the Froslass and was acting mostly upon trust. Yes, it was risky. Yes, she'd probably get herself into trouble, but the Froslass would be able to sense her child out the best. Better than their pups, even.

As they got toward the center of town, where Francie could see eyes on Kyle and then on her, Francie noticed that the Froslass had started to make some sort of cooing noises. She made her way toward one of the merchants, who gave a rather terrified sort of expression at the Froslass due to recent rumors floating around the city by a trainer and his injured Poochyena.

"H-Hey girl, you think you're funny? P-Put your Froslass back in its ball. We don't appreciate untamed ghosts here."

Francie couldn't help how she made a face, watching the Froslass instead of looking the scared man in the eye.

"She's not a danger, she's just looking for her child."

The Froslass pawed at some of the produce, the berries that were nearby. She then suddenly gave a burst, probably an Ominous Wind, and blew everything out of her way.

"What the--?! You'll have to pay for that!"

"I know, but look."

There, in the middle of the of the merchant's newest haul from the forest was a little Snorunt, sniffing and eating its blues away. When it heard the coo of its mother it quickly turned and cooed itself before embracing. The two ice types snuggled and cuddled before the Froslass gave a thankful sort of nod and started to usher her little one out of the city with her.

"There we go..."

"I didn't realize I snatched up a wild Pokémon... I suppose I owe you an apology, young lady. I'd thought that Froslass was yours, seems I have you and that boy to thank for saving the city from the Froslass' rage."

Francie gave a proud smile. That was much better! Exactly what she'd been looking for, a great conclusion to their little adventure.