awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:14:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he pays no mind to her laughter. instead, he reaches for his fork, prodding at his hash browns cautiously before neatly tucking a good amount of it underneath the tines. leaning forward, he takes the bite, ignoring the heat and chewing it several times before swallowing. her reach for the salt and pepper had been correct but fernando never tampers with his food before trying it.

"it's good," he comments, shooting for another fork full of eggs. "how's yours?"

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:29:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

She'd been so distracted by watching him eat - whoops, was that a creepy quirk she was discovering?? - that she hadn't even bothered trying her own.

"It's always good." Her default answer was given before taking the syrup and putting a bit on the side of her plate. She went to cutting the crepes up first, then started to dip the cut sections into the syrup before taking careful bites. The first bite got a hum of confirmation- yes, delicious, and then she was onto the other. Each bite was calculated because she didn't want to get any of the syrup in her hair.

Because of her short stature, while she took her bites, she kicked her feet happily beneath the table. She couldn't help but smile as she swallowed that bite and began putting the next one on her fork. "Yep, very good." Just what she'd wanted.

And in the second bite went.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:40:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"hm." fernando watches with small envy as francie inhales her food. just watching her enthusiasm in enjoying the food is something fernando can't replicate. not that he wants to, but to see her so content over something so small. it's an impossible task for him. it comes with their difference.

salt and pepper is what fernando coats his food in. the ketchup is untouched. he prefers the spice and saltiness that gives his food a bite, much like everything else in his life. only her sheer enjoyment brings him to vie for something sweet. "oh? let me try." he scoots closer, right on time as she readies another bite on her fork. he's look at her expectantly.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:50:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

The closure of distance between them had Francie looking over at him right as he'd asked for a bite and pointedly looked at her like a dog waiting for his treat from her meal. For... some reason she decided to concede, but not before cutting the bite in half. Maybe that was selfish, maybe she didn't want to make a mess because he was much taller than her.

Bringing the fork up to his mouth, she placed her hand beneath the food filled prongs so that the morsel wouldn't drop on them if it did fall off the fork. Once he'd taken the bite, she lowered the fork and scooted that half bite away just in case he wanted another.

"You should take this as liquid gold, Mr. Silph." She spoke sternly, which was a contrast to her usually gentle tone. "I don't share food with just anyone. Suppose that'd make you my friend, now, wouldn't it?"

Made sense. He seemed friendly enough, he hadn't had an ill intention, and she felt oddly comfortable with him, even at a close distance.

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 3:01:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he can't even savor the taste when francie's reaction causes him to chortle. something about the sudden change in tone throws him off, in a good way, and he loses himself. after a quick wheeze, he continues to chew, swallowing what tiny piece she gave him. "i suppose. it's too bad i can't judge it on such a tiny piece. i could use some more." that same expectant look returns but he doesn't hold it for long. another soft chuckle should be cue enough that he's only joking.

maybe.

"friends - i suppose that sounds better than partners but you should really watch your tongue, miss francie. choose your associations carefully. rallying behind me will put you in a bad light with others."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 3:33:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Well look at that, he can laugh.

Francie couldn't help how she genuinely smiled at him. It was interactions like this she lived for. Men she wouldn't have expected to be silly, being silly with her. It was refreshing and so very fun.

But then he immediately turned around and asked her something she wasn't sure she could wrap her mind around. She noted he called her Miss Francie instead of Miss Myrtle, thank goodness because her last name made people sound like Croagunks.

The word partners moved through her mind a few times before she realized he meant business partners. Right, because a man like him wouldn't have many in his circle that weren't business partners in some way. Which was sort of sad, and really made her feel special.

"Why would it put me in a bad light? What, your reputation so sour among those of the League?" Wouldn't that be a shame? She'd really hoped the League was more ... well, open, to the idea of somebody from Kanto coming to help out.

...or was he not? Great, now she was creating rumors in her own head about him simply because he was from Kanto. Though he did sort of say he was here to make better because of what had happened, revenge as a backbone for why he was a council member.

"I think associating with you is fun, in these sorts of instances." She admitted before shrugging. "I haven't associated with you politically yet," as she spoke she'd been cutting a part of the crepe for him and pushing it to one side of her plate, eating the blueberry crepe on the other side of her plate and leaving the strawberry for him if he wanted it. "But I'm sure it won't be terrible. Might even be comfortable." She shrugged her small shoulders before taking another bite.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 6:16:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"arguably. i can be quite passionate about what i think is right and not everyone takes too kindly to that. you could say that i come off as abrasive, i suppose."

fernando makes no further moves to pilfer from her plate. there's more than enough on his own and he shuffles the plate closer to her suggestively. "perhaps. i don't think i change much but everyone thinks highly of themselves." he settles his fork onto the plate and refrains for continuing. not until she answers him, at least. "did you want to try some of mine?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 17:27:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

francie was sure to make a face at the idea of silph coming off as abrasive. her expression clearly read, 'who, you? no.' one could even possibly hear the sarcasm.

when he offers his plate, francie just looks at him. for a few seconds. so friendly, so strange that people call him cold. though admittedly he did have that scary sort of look about him at first. her eyes then travel down to the plate and she puts her fork into some of his has before taking a bite and smiling.

once finished swallowing, she smiles his way. that same warm and gentle smile, but there lies a familiarity within it now. "thank you, frenando." perhaps a first name base is allowed now. she'll soon find out, one way or another.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 3:05:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her expression is met with his deadpan one. what humor she makes of it is one that he doesn't take lightly. there's a reason after all that he's faced such push back. in due time, francie will learn, but for now fernando can only paint her the picture on how the league operates around him. better him then from them.

her response throws him off though. just hearing her say it, her choice in diction, sounds oddly formal to him. formal for francie, anyway. "you're welcome, miss francie." there's a devious twinkle in his eyes as he goes back to finish the rest of his meal.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 17:22:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

breakfast was coming to a close and francie found herself smiling and kicking her feet. they didn't reach the ground, which was understandable with her height and how she was pushed with her back against the seat.

"i think... it's strange, because i've only just met you, but i would call you my friend."

random as that might have seemed, francie meant it. he really did seem like somebody she would rely on, which was worrisome considering she didn't know him very well. she couldn't help how she chuckled, a little embarrassed at herself.

"you should convince me that's a bad idea, you're an underhanded man, and i shouldn't trust you.... so it's not so strange and awkward." maybe she was considered naive for trusting him so quickly. maybe it was fate.

francie honestly had no clue.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 5:26:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando lets out a fake chuckle. an evident precursor to the joke that follows. "i've been told i do have a certain charm to myself, miss myrtle." and leaves it at that. as for her secondary remark, fernando allows himself to straighten out his expression before addressing. although he has no qualms with letting her fall for his facade, knowing her position, knowing how far they'll interact, it's better to address the misconception before francie discerns it for herself.

"i do things a certain way - the most efficient way. people may disagree with what i do on the basis that it's not the correct way to solve our mutual problems but that's something that comes with collaboration. however, when people's lives and livelihoods are on the line, i can be quite adamant. if that's something you want to avoid then yes, you shouldn't trust me."

he pauses.

"but other then that i don't think i'm a bad person."

the seriousness of his exposition is soon replaced with his best attempt at a welcoming smile. somehow it plays to francie's assessment. his resting bitch face radiates underhandedness.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 17:51:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

If there was one thing that Fernando Silph could do well, it was resting bitch face. So to see that welcoming smile was a bit unnerving and even more striking. Francie had expected that sort of answer, so it didn't surprise her. But there was something about it that made her ... well, made her wonder just what sort of path she was taking in becoming a gym leader. In a sense, she was glad it led her to be friends, or at least acquaintances, with Fernando. But in another, she was a bit paranoid that maybe... maybe she couldn't be enough. Which had her all the more determined to be enough.

"I'm not at all saying you're a bad person, I definitely don't get that impression."

Admittedly, revenge as a motive was a bit of a throw off. But to each their own. She wanted to win her region it's freedom back, he wanted to do that, but for his own reasons. She could respect that.

"So, I suppose you're stuck with me, hm?"

Francie's eyes moved from the table, up to the blue gaze that was beside her at the table. They were finished eating, technically their time was up, but she definitely didn't want to leave just yet... did that seem silly? She liked speaking with him. Actual conversations, not just listening to complaints and fixing town problems... it was a refreshing change.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 6:07:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i suppose so."

fernando matches her gaze but waves toward the waitress without missing a beat. from their empty plates, she can infer the reason and leaves a check that he hastily snatches up. as if he'd let her. disregarding the great disparity between them, fernando's too proud a person to let someone else foot the bill. the fact that he's rich only cements his actions. his status makes it an expectance.

"i look forward to your accomplishments."

the lingering draw of his grin fades into obscurity as fernando diverts his attention to the check. with the pen the waitress provided, he scribbles down some chicken scratch before returning it along with a black credit card. his name and number is embroidered in a raised golden font, something that comes off as both tacky and elusive.

"i appreciate breakfast, francie. it was a nice change of pace."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 15:53:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Fernando's confidence was jarring. That sort of moment where one realizes that they're accomplishments mean more than they thought. At this point, the idea of accomplishments had never come across Francie's mind. Sure, becoming a gym leader and helping Hoenn was her focus... but the small accomplishments it would take to get to that point had illuded her until Fernando's words.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe we'll plan on doing breakfast when you're so stressed out of your ears you can't walk straight."

Speaking of work, he was President of the Silph company while also being a Councilmember- then there was the idea of the Commisioner. With the current commissioner missing, did that mean Fernando could be next in line? Or even ? Is that how Councilmembers worked? They just ranked up like that? Suppose she knew her next question.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 4:59:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"you have a lot to learn about me, francie."

the mild chuckle in his voice conveys that he's joking. the comment that comes after is both a play on her statement as well as an invitation for another outing. he's just too proud to ask outright. "they day i'm that stress is the day i let you foot the bill, miss myrtle." he doesn't add that that'll never happen.

the bill comes back and fernando pockets his card. he looks at her expectantly, as if waiting.