hello there sir.

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 17:01:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

francie wasn't taken aback by the words but instead given his perspective of her plan. it was a great point, they did have better things to do with their time, so she quickly leaned back in her chair to soak in his words. like a big girl, she didn't pitch a fit or fuss, but instead listened and nodded to tell him she completely understood his point and, more importantly, understood that he was right.

reprieve struck when she heard him say he had an alternative in mind. "um, yes, absolutely." she nearly stuttered over her words, a bit confused that he'd asked before speaking outright. maybe he wanted to gauge how serious she was being about this, or maybe he wanted to make sure he hadn't offended her. she had a feeling it was probably neither, but, she only knew him by reputation.

"please." she urged him.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 1:42:33 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
his smile would spread a little wider a sip promptly taken to sip his tea.

thank you for understanding.

my suggestion would be to give all of your peers a line to give their suggestions. understand that when under pressure, people are not the best to make decisions, so putting everyone together in a big room and forcing them to think isn’t the right way to go about it. being who we are, thoughts of what can be done better come and go with each step we take and with something happening every minute those thoughts can be easily lost as we work. the easiest way we can have them known is with a league suggestion box.

he’d give her a moment to soak the idea in before expanding on it.

what i mean is, we all have phones, right? create a quick and easy email, group chat, board, whatever; for everyone to forward their suggestions to while they’re on the move. something open for everyone to see and either expand upon or agree with. we need convenience more than anything else right now.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 18:04:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

that... that was genius! francie's who face lit up with a smile as she heard kim explain the idea of a 'suggestion box.'

"i feel like that was something completely obvious that i easily overlooked," francie laughed, mostly at herself. self-depreciation was an issue she was aware of and rarely dealt with. everybody needed a hobby, right? "i'll definitely think about getting it up and running."

without much thought otherwise, francie leaned back in her seat and smiled. "i am pleasantly surprised by you, kim cole." she admitted out loud. "seems like you're not just a pretty face who takes drinks from other people's coffee without permission after all."

yes, she definitely remembered him taking a drink of her coffee without asking first. why? because it was a pet peeve. furthermore, her tone suggested a tease. she was honestly happy that he wasn't some pretty face with no brains. though she doubted a council member would lack brains, she was worried when he didn't display basic manners when first meeting him.

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 0:24:00 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
yes, us pretty faces have a thought every once in a blue moon.

he opted to ignore the coffee prod, instead acting on her other, more gratifying, words instead.

he thought nothing of stealing her coffee, after all, she seemed to be getting restless and coffee was not good for the nerves. really, he was doing her a favor by drinking the rest of it. a favor that was quickly negated by ordering yet another cup of coffee for her. he didn’t want to ruffle her feathers any more than he already did, but it seemed the damage was already done.

some people can be so petty.

i have a question for you if you don’t mind me asking.

and if she did, he would pay no mind to it, he was curious so he continued on anyways.

you are petalburg’s gym leader, right? tell me, how are you treating them? and a follow up question, how do they treat you?

a long gulp taken from his tea would silence him, her answer awaited with a calm smile as he sat the finished cup down with a smile

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 1:14:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

as he asked if he could ask a question, francie shook her head and motioned that she didn't mind. he could fire away. his questions, however, weren't what she was expecting. she should have been, but she didn't. the thought of petalburg did have her smiling, for multiple reasons. mostly, she did enjoy the little town, since she had been born close by.

"petalburg is a gem and i would treat it no different. not only is it beautiful and deserves to be polished, but it's also sharp on certain edges and needs to be filed down." she decided to explain herself. "at first, they weren't my biggest fans. they didn't believe i could protect them when it came down to it. however, i've proved on a lot of different occasions that the city comes first to me, namely it's security. it's why i wasn't present for a while. i had to help establish a sound foundation within their security. most of the gym hands, because of how my gym is designed, have actually been assigned rotations around the town to keep it safe for the time being."

a small smile formed as she thought on the idea of 'rocket taking petalburg' like they'd take slateport. "there is very little value in rocket taking a town like petalburg, but there is a reality in the need for security for the town... i suppose you could say, i'm treating them as well as they'll let me and they're treating me well enough that i haven't left. they've found a very sound place in my heart."

it was strange, but she hadn't voiced how she felt about petalburg and hearing herself say that... well, she felt very strongly for her town, even more so now. and even more confident in herself.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 21:58:14 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
between sentences he’d shift slightly, the relaxed position previously sat in adjusting upwards, his attention fully on her has she spoke. he couldn’t help the smile that grew on his face this smile- unlike the people pleaser that had rooted itself in place- was one of genuine happiness for his peer, its sincere nature vivid on his features.

to have those that would once oppose you now call you friend is a great feeling, isn’t it?

and while i am happy to hear that you have defenses at the ready to hold petalburg, i want you to make sure your citizens are safe and happy more than anything. i’d like to touch up on a few things with you in private. somewhere less open than a coffee shop would be ideal since what i have to say is not something to be talked about in public.

he knew all too well of the ears in the wall, and he was not about to risk saying something risky in their vicinity.

overall, we aim to keep the citizens safe, and if you have the choice of stopping a rocket underboss or saving a citizen, you save the citizen. we will always have opportunities to apprehend rockets, but never another opportunity to save that person’s life.

he figured she understood that- she seemed like a good woman- but from what he’s seen previously, people are more concerned about stopping the bad guy than helping those hurt in the process of their mayhem.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 14:32:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

she'd never thought that was a choice. what did an underboss matter when somebody's life was in danger? "people are more important than glory." francie decided, taking in a deep breath and leaning back.

"as for meeting somewhere private for more details, i completely understand the need, and i'd love to." her smile was big, bright, and inviting. as per usual with francie. but there was something beneath it as well, an eagerness to learn, perhaps?

"you just let me know when and where and i'll be there." deciding they were friends enough for this, she moved her hand to her forehead and gave him a mock salute. it was ended with a laugh as she dropped her hand. "but really, thanks for meeting me here. i'm glad we could get the initial meeting out of the way. i'm not sure i would have wanted to speak with you in private having not done this previously."

now, francie was somebody who was typically quick to trust. but there was something about meeting those higher up in the council seats that made her... skeptical, far more judgemental than meeting the average joe on the street.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 20:51:20 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
the salute would be returned, two fingers bounding from his forehead quickly, the cheerful smile opening for a light chuckle.

i understand your need for worry, not everyone is as trustworthy as their social persona’s make them out to be. a first meeting in a place with people around is better than one without.

he’d sigh, leaning back in the chair with a final puff of air.

truthfully i’m glad you requested this meeting. it’s been pretty busy for me lately and this is just the change of pace i needed before i went right back into a chaotic workload.

it would also check her off a mental list he kept of the leaders he needed to converse with. she would be the first of many that he planned to have a 1-on-1 with of similar fashion.

have you met with any other councilmembers or gym leaders yet?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 17:33:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Seeing Kim get comfortable right along with her was a relief. Had Francie giving a small sigh and happily nodding her head at his mention of a change of pace. Felt like recently she wanted the opposite. It had been such an 'easy' run, she wanted to get into some action. Maybe she'd ask around for something to do, some way in which she could help. Or perhaps it would be better for her to simply sit and wait to be called upon. Sometimes, that was the best choice.

"I haven't yet, but I plan on doing so. I really want to stick my nose in all of the gym leader, and councilmember's, businesses. Just a little bit, enough to get my name known and enough to get to know them."

Just like she was with him, now. Which had her remembering her manners as she stood up.

"I guess I'll get started on that. Thanks so much for meeting me, and putting my mind at ease. It's refreshing to know we have a strong councilmember. Time to assess the others."

After that, Francie would give Kim a polite smile and a departing wave, making her way out of the small coffee shop. She'd had enough coffee to keep her up for the next few hours, which would let her contact the other gym leaders and councilmembers and set up some meetings.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 9:44:47 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
kim would simply nod, his quite kept as he leaned back further in his chair. he did not make a comment at how hastily she had left, but was sure to take a mental note of how earnest she was in her endeavors.

he could only hope she kept this behavior up in the future, or at least did as good a job acting as he did.