played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
Death does not save you from the cruelty of man.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:59:50 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Darkness enveloped Mt. Pyre, nothing but the stars above to light the path she walked along. Her cane crunched into the dirt and gravel road as she made the trek all the way to the top of the mountain. She had been making this journey since sunrise, but she dared not stop. Her energy had carried her this far, she still had time to go before she dared to rest. Hours to go before she slept. [break][break]

Atop the mountain itself, Celeste found exactly what she had been looking for. A small clearing, the same place she had planted that mysterious carrot. Willow, her Phantump, faded into few from the treeline. He had been tasked with protecting the plant for the time being and was doing a rather remarkable job it seemed. With a simple nod, the Phantump seemed to quietly giggle to itself before dipping out of sight once again. [break][break]

Celeste's eyes glanced down over the side of the mountain, leaning heavily on her actual cane as she walked so much. Her lungs were desperate for air, her legs threatening to give, but she refused to give in. To even display the slightest hint of a flaw, of a weakness. Her breaths were labored but controlled. Her legs were wobbly but balanced with her cane. Everything would be as it should be. She was expecting a guest, one of utmost importance to her. [break][break]

Standing on the edge of the cliff, Celeste's eyes glanced all the way out to the oceans beyond, stretching on for infinity... The giver and taker of life, the source of everything for this world. Endless power, endless energy. No matter what she did, she'd always feel powerless in its presence. And yet, it was a comforting feeling. All perished under the crushing weight, there was no overpowering it.[break][break]

But those who were deemed worthy to have power over it... They held her attention. Hopefully, Gavin would arrive after she had enough time to calm herself and prepare. There wasn't much to discuss, but there were important words to be shared.
[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes Private Meeting. Hush, do not see.

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]
</>

[newclass=.celeste .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#967BB6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 22:37:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin has regular business on Mt. Pyre. Tonight, he'd be here either way.

Corviknight cuts through the skies on silent, shadowed wings. Miasma sees it blend against the night — not invisible, but camouflaged. The effect fades as the corrupt creature swoops down with its master borne upon its back, wind from its landing scattering Pyre's fog. Gavin dismounts smoothly onto swaying grass.

Nearby, a well-tended garden plot rests, but Gavin's attention is on a woman silhouetted against the stars.

"Abiatti." His deep voice carries a soothing cadence. He dips his head in greeting. "Celeste. I assume this meeting is of great importance."

They had, after all, arranged it outside of Rocket's sphere.
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 20:39:09 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"Wings of shadow lead her ally towards her location, only fitting considering everything else. As he arrived, Celeste would give him a gentle nod in response, her eyes still scanning over the horizon. Perhaps it might be better if she were to look him in the face as she spoke, but there truly was no need. He knew what she valued, there was no need to explain that. [break][break]

"You would be correct, Sir," Celeste spoke calmly, despite her breathing still being quite irregular. "I would not dare consume your time if I did not consider it prudent. You deserve more than that." [break][break]

Celeste's eyes shut for just a second as she continued to gather her breath. She had mentally debated a thousand times on exactly what to say, and yet still there was no precise wording that stood out to her. It seems she was simply going to speak her mind. "You are not dumb, and I shall not bore you with the minor details. I presume you already know some of why I requested your presence." [break][break]

Lugia. It all went back to Lugia. There was no denying how conflicted she was on the shadowy form of her goddess, but there was also nobody she trusted more to wield its power. He already knew about her reverence for the being, surely this wasn't unexpected. [break][break]

"I shall be blunt, and forthright. Rocket holds my loyalty," She pauses, letting any debatably treasonous words be prefaced with caution. "But you hold my respect and gratitude. For there are none whom I would desire to see blessed by the great storm-bringer's power, then you."[break][break]

Finally turning her head to look at him, Celeste continued to speak with a stone-cold expression on her face. "I do not presume for you to understand the depths of my devotion. I simply implore you to accept them." Just by the way she spoke alone, it certainly seemed to imply that Gavin, even if simply by proxy, now also held her devotion.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

[newclass=.celeste .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.celeste .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 7:25:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I have my suspicions," Gavin confirms.

had been one of the first to approach him when Walsh had entrusted the corrupted Lugia to his care. She had not been alone in her curiosity, but she held more of the more intriguing reasons for it.

Now, with Gavin's ascension to avatarship...?

She confirms it with words, and he nods along. There's an intensity to her that isn't lost in him, in spite of her stony expression.

As they speak, Mt. Pyre's eerie mist is overtaken by a swirl of darkening shadows. The miasma curls around gravestones as if beholden to an intangible wind, pools at Gavin's feet. The spike to his adrenaline upon breathing it in becomes more familiar each time he samples his patron's power, and at last, he tucks a hand inside of his blazer. Shadows form the shape of broad wings, and Lugia's holds them within its ruby stare.

There is an intelligence to the corrupt legend that had not been present during their last encounter. Though it does not speak, it regards Celeste without animosity.

"We accept."
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 4:11:45 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]The swirling shadows surprise her, but she attempts to not let her expression show too much. She knew he'd accept her despite her weaknesses, but the less they showed, the better. Her gaze remained the same, the cold steely expression. That is until Lugia was released and Celeste's legs struggled to even remain upright. Every single time the diety was even mentioned, Celeste's heart would feel like it was going to break. It was corrupted, hurting, and in pain. It's great mind lost to shadows...[break][break]

Seeing it before her, with intelligence in its eyes, shattered everything Celeste thought she understood. It was too much to process, simply instinctively falling to her knees. Her legs were simply unable to even keep her standing anymore, eyes locked onto the powerful Pokemon and its ruby eyes. [break][break]

It was even more beautiful and awe-inspiring than she could have possibly remembered. [break][break]

And then Gavin spoke, his wording absolutely deliberate. We, not just him, but Lugia also accepted her. Perhaps he was simply speaking on behalf of her goddess, but the truth remained. She was accepted. [break][break]

Her nerves practically melted away, a quiet laugh slipping out despite her best efforts. It was everything she as a young girl could have ever dreamed of. Ever so slowly managing to climb back to her feet, Celeste forced herself to speak with a calm tone. Her eyes drifting from Lugia, back to Gavin, and then back to Lugia.[break][break]

"Then I have but one humble request." Her voice was quiet, breathy almost as she fought to wrangle back in her heartbeat from going crazy. "Tell me what you would have me do, and it shall be done."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 14:04:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
While Gavin considers her request, Lugia speaks to her mind.

Protect him.

Its deep, soothing voice is warped by the corruption that runs through its veins. Gavin, for his part, does not seem to have heard. Celeste's reverence and excitement are balanced by his unwavering calm.

He cants his head and chooses his words carefully.

"My loyalty to Rocket is unwavering. To protect them, to further their goals, to see Hoenn bend beneath our power — that is my will." Gavin's voice mirrors that of the legend who watches over them: deep, soothing, with the taint of a smoke-scarred throat in place of an Ultra Beast's poison. "I ask only that you lend your strength to that same goal."

For she may have been weak of body, but Celeste Abiatti had the strength of mind, willpower, determination. He saw what others might overlook.
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 4:30:07 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Gavin's words almost washed over her, barely retaining what he said. She couldn't focus on a single other thing said as her mind was suddenly intruded on by the most beautiful sound she has ever been witness to. The voice of her god, speaking directly to her mind, for her and only her to bear witness to. If she had been younger, remained the soft quiet girl she used to be, she might have begun to tear up.[break][break]

Instead, every single doubt in her mind simply began to dry up. Every fear, every errant thought debating any sort of lack of self-worth, vanished. It was practically visible as she stood up straighter, a confident expression replacing the calm and respectful one she had sought hard to maintain. There was no need to put on a confident mask anymore, she simply was confident. She was tasked to protect someone, trusted to do so by a being she revered above all of mankind. Their will would be done, no matter the cost to themself. [break][break]

Gavin himself, mentioned loyalty to Rocket, to protect them and to further their goals. She certainly couldn't find any fault in his words, nor his leadership within the organization. However, already she was making the mental decision. His life was more important than Rocket's success, no matter what, for this task was ordained by a god themself. Everything else was secondary.[break][break]

Celeste bowed her head towards Lugia, and then Gavin in respect. "May thy will be done. If I may, I request a position within which I may work directly underneath you in the future. Whether that is simply filing paperwork, or whatever you command, say the word and it shall be done." [break][break]

She could hardly throw herself in the way of a bullet for him, if she was sent on random missions across Hoenn as an expendable grunt, after all.

[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:55:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin does not miss the way she dips her head to Lugia.

Did you say something to her?

He receives no reply. Lugia would keep its secrets.

He will not insult the decision of his patron by asking Celeste herself; he nods in response to her words, instead, shelving his momentary curiosity.

"What sort of things do you enjoy doing, relative to Rocket?"

It wouldn't be the first time he'd poached a member of Rocket for his own team, though it was rarely on the request of the individual.

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 0:10:31 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]What did she enjoy? That was a difficult question. Team Rocket was a job, nothing more, nothing less. One she was relatively loyal to, but that was beside the point. Nobody joined Team Rocket because they loved the job unless they were psychotic before they even joined. It was certainly a complex question. She bowed her head in thought, pausing for a few moments. [break][break]

"I will be forthright, I am a patient woman. I enjoy the tasks that others would lose their minds waiting." Celeste would eventually speak up. "Whether it's a silver tongue laced with poison you require, or something a bit more upfront and personal, I trust you will understand better than most where I am best suited." [break][break]

Celeste's eyes would trail back up to look into Gavin's eyes directly. "Of course, should an excuse rise to manipulate my family names' reputation for our goals, it would be a difficult opportunity to pass up. A certain former councilwoman's actions have left a hole that could use a plug, after all." The previous Boss of Rocket had once asked her if she would betray her family for Rocket, do whatever needed to be done.[break][break]

In a single heartbeat, no hesitation.

[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 14:19:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Patience. Hm.

Something shifts in Gavin's expression, slow. Others often made the mistake of overlooking the weak, frail . Little more than a wraith that wanders their halls, important only in name, but... that had its own advantages.

"I need information."

Nearby, Lugia shifts, but it's only to stretch her wings and ruffle her feathers. It's rare to see such a corrupt creature preening itself, but the shadowed legend clearly felt comfortable enough in their presence.

"My reputation within Rocket has struggled with some of our... inexperienced members. Those who didn't witness the brutality of Kanto, or of Hoenn under Silas' charge." Simply put, they were afraid of him. "I need someone to be my eyes and ears. If there's ever a plan that endangers my life, I'd like to know before the knife is in my back."
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 1:29:24 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]
Information. Of course, there was nothing more powerful than knowledge. It was something she was well familiar with at this point in life. Great power was nothing without the knowledge to use it and the knowledge to ensure that you remained in power. She slowly nodded her head, pausing in thought as she listened to him continue. [break][break]

They were afraid. An understandable emotion, but actions made out of fear was a difficult situation. There were only ever two outcomes, they acted in an attempt to appease their fear, or to remove the source of their fear. Luckily, Celeste had nothing but respect for the man standing before her. [break][break]

"I can do that, sir. Nobody pays attention to me anyway unless they require something from me." She would pause for a second, before slowly speaking up. "I presume, that I will be focused on quite a bit more if we are witnessed meeting consistently. After all, lips will be looser if they are not aware we converse. Would it be presumptuous of me to state us meeting in private would be for the better?"[break][break]

Her eyes, despite her best efforts, slowly drifted over towards the Lugia as it began to preen itself. It was... oddly normal. It wasn't something she imagined witnessing a literal deity doing, but she supposed it was illogical to think it never happened. Still, the Shadow Lugia appeared comfortable, and that alone set her heart at ease.

[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 17:14:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"To their own detriment."

It was a mistake to ignore or underestimate anyone.

Gavin waves a dismissive hand, the motion causing the miasma to swirl and dance as if in an intangible breeze.

"Never worry about being presumptuous with me; I'd much rather you speak your mind. I had the same thought. We'll be clandestine in our meetings and communicate mostly through our tech. So far as I'm aware, not even has access to my channels."

Paranoia ran deep for Gavin, especially since he'd been hiding an entire identity for years.
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 4:13:32 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","celeste"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]
Celeste had to admit, she was going to enjoy working with Gavin more directly. The respect he treated her with alone was more than enough for her. She'd never stand as an equal, she was sure of that, but she didn't need to. He was, after all, chosen by a god to lead, and she was their humble servant. [break][break]

Perhaps, someday... But dreaming of a day when a god blessed her was time wasted and better spent elsewhere. [break][break]

"Understood," Celeste began, her eyes drifting as she watched the miasma swirl around him. Such terrifying power. It was hard not to just melt in awe of it all, even still. "I'll keep an eye out, as commanded." [break][break]

Celeste paused for a few moments, quite unsure what to say. Her eyes drifted over towards the great goddess once more as she let out a soft sigh. What she wouldn't give to spend more time in its presence. It would be wrong to prolong the moment longer than it needed to be. Their relationship was purely business, and that was all it ever had been.[break][break]

"I'll return to the base tomorrow morning. I have a few matters to take care of. Unrelated to the matters at hand. I'll take up jobs at the base, listen in. See what I can discover." And with that, Celeste would bow her head respectively. [break][break]

"By your leave, of course."

[break][break]
[break]

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 14:23:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
A dangerous thrill of power, a hum through his veins.

Don't let it get to your head.

He has been so patient to come so far; he can bide his time as long as it takes.

"You can go. I'll be in touch."

A look is exchanged between avatar and legend before Gavin recalls Lugia to the beast ball that had been its prison for so long. Heavy with the weight of the burden inside of it. I won't keep you for long.

Just until they were out of sight.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Powerless [C]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 4:53:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A PHIONE HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: