awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
What If...? [Hoenn Edition]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 11:55:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
(Obviously not stolen from the upcoming Marvel mini-series of the same title lol)

This is mostly a for-fun thing, however some people (like myself) have given it more than a passing thought.

If flipping sides wasn't an option in RP or you're dead-set with the current faction your character is in, how different do you think they would be if they were in the opposite side? (i.e. in my case what if Jiro suddenly became a Leaguer, shit like that)

Would their backgrounds change? Motives? Or would they find any opportunity to defect to their original faction should the chance arise?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 12:00:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHAT IF

Funny thing, it was a toss up between Fern or Cadis being second boss.

The premise is the same: rebuilding the org from the fragments left in Silas's death. Fernando wouldn't have been as quirky as Cadis and therefore the group would've transitioned into a more business-like, mafia / yakuza type deal. It's not the same as Walsh's but that's the most similar out of the three Rocket iterations.

Not much would've changed for Fern personality wise, etc. Just a mean's to an end. That being said, having his hand in both the League and Rocket would've probably opened up a few plot hooks that would've steered Rocket elsewhere.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 22:20:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
oooh i love this HELL YEAH

so i actually made the joke to noodles before alex actually died that if anything happened to him, i'd bring out dark illie. that joke did not age well monkas anyway there was a heavy urge to go dark recently LOOL i personally enjoy playing darker characters given the chance. it would've been such a 180, though, that i ended up not going fully into it. if i had, it would've been as follows:

illeana absolutely would have ended up as a beast. no one can change my mind on that idc she'd leave science behind for vengeance in a heartbeat. this would've been when she was still the avatar of tapu lele, naturally, so that innocent but cruel factor lele has would've worked its way into illie. the need to prove herself is a theme i play around with in her character anyway so that'd stay about the same. there'd be a bitterness to her as well, like the world is cruel and she's about to be crueler kinda thing? if that even makes sense idk i'm tired anyway yeah, she'd essentially turn into a monster cause ngl i'm a sucker for the burning the world down over a lost lover kinda trope and i seldom see women in that role.

or, she'd be dead? i'm not sure where i was going w this gbye
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 10:37:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

turning dark isn't a path skyler would have to walk towards. instead, for sky, it's akin to taking a step sideways. she's capable of being ruthless as long as the right situation nudges her that way (for example, breaking 's wrist unflichingly and remorselessly). she doesn't do things by half measures. despite her happy, carefree and relatively normal background, the limits of how far she'd go in order to achieve/protect something she deems important to her are far more blurred than even skyler would like to admit, compounded by her own feral, chaotic nature and the fact that she has a lot to lose.

that said, she would not hesitate to drown the world and salt the earth in the name of revenge. literally.

realistically speaking, skyler might've thrived in rocket. nurturing that cut-throat side of her to a fine, sharp edge would be easy, would've come naturally. she's bold and brazen and would likely maintain an amicable relationship with most of her colleagues in the faction, the other side willing (she is a brilliant drinking buddy, as can attest to). the problem here lies, of course, in the obedience part of the equation. skyler doesn't take well to orders, has more than a few problems with authority (when it is being lorded over her) and would absolutely loathe not having the freedom to do her own thing (being her own boss). so, also realistically speaking, a rocket skyler dross - as things are - would probably either be a very dead skyler dross or a genuine pain in the ass. 

an effective one though.

(it would be much easier to, say, contract her services for specific, probably ocean-related, tasks.)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights