the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:08:48 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
She makes no comment. It was nice, sure, but it wasn't hers.

Emma's attention returns to him, though her expression is tired. There is no need to fight, even though he's prying. Maybe he isn't.

"For now. Flynn is letting me stay with him... for now."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:25:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever surprise that might have surfaced is quickly veiled, pushed back under in favor of a simple nod of acknowledgement.

"he's a good man."

fishing for another cigarette, he pulls one out, lights it, and takes a drag as he turns away to peer out at the empty street.

"thanks for coming tonight."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:28:53 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Not quick enough.

"You're surprised."

And now not looking at her. He's fished a brand new cigarette to light. Emma's eyes narrow, inebriation, however mild and familiar, still allows her to be more fluid in her expression.

"What was tonight?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:37:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]this time, he chooses the easy way out.

"i don't know."

perhaps it's the alcohol that allows his head to tilt back towards her, or perhaps it's something else entirely. regardless, the question leaves without much resistance:

"what do you think it was?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:43:04 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma's eyes narrow, unconvinced.

"You're lying."

And so she waits, unwilling to answer the question. She asked him first, and this wasn't a game she was willing to lose.

She tilts her head, watching him and watching the embers devour his cigarette.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:47:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]of course she could read him now — he even chuckles at it; smoke exhaled off to the side. a finger taps at the cigarette, scattering ash onto concrete.

"seems like it was a date to me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:52:02 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Embers spark and die against the cold concrete, snuffed out, forgotten.

"Hm."

She glances away, lips curling down in a thoughtful frown.

"Why?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:56:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i told you."

though the natural urge is to glance away as well, he holds his gaze instead, perhaps to make a point.

"i'm trying to change."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:03:38 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
I'm trying to change.

Those words catch her off guard. She pulls her attention back sharply, finding him still watching her. He's serious, and that intimidates her.

"How does it feel?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:07:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"it feels..."

with a smile,

"good."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:10:37 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Her face is already warm, but his smile and his honesty is warmer.

"I'm happy to hear it."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:15:06 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a nod follows, though the smile never fades. another inhale of his cigarette and he drops it, exhaling smoke as he extinguishes it against concrete.

"i should get going."

despite his words, he doesn't move just yet.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:20:38 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma flicks her gaze between his face and the butt he presses to the concrete. It is brief, easily missed.

"You should."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:25:37 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo takes a step towards her, leans close, and kisses her cheek, briefly noting the lingering scent of perfume and alcohol mingled together. he pulls away not long after.

"goodnight, emma."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
ch_flushed
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:40:36 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma stiffens at his advance, but does not move. His lips press briefly to her cheek and she hesitates. The motion is so quick that she hardly realizes it's happened.

But he lingers just long enough that she tilts her cheek closer, catching his farewell's breath.

"Goodnight."

She turns to leave, heel clicking against the stone step.