awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2019 11:38:12 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

the stars are static in the night sky; a deep blue velvet, never pure black. even at night, even as the cold season began to thaw, the breeze never feels balmy.

a chill bites at the air while persephone waits outside the space center's revolving doors. she was meant to meet her partner here at night, perhaps for secrecy's sake, at midnight. she's early because waiting in the hotel room makes her antsy. persephone counts her steps as she paces outside the building, repeating the words of the mission over and over until they echoed in her head.

+ mission

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 2:59:17 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

The cold blew through Lucas' many layers as he flew towards the Space Center. There wasn't an ounce of warmth left in his body as he lands. Aerodactyl's wings sends snow flying as it settles just by the front doors to the space center. Lucas slides off its back with no delay. He desperately wanted to get inside, where it was warm. After fumbling with a pokeball for several beats the fossil pokemon disappears. Dropping the pokeball into his side pocket his attention would immediately fall on his partner. "Persephone I presume?" Lucas' voice is muffled, a white scarf covering everything beneath his eyes. "Let's move inside before someone catches a cold." Namely him, his entire body shivering from the ride over.

notes

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 15:32:15 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

persephone's smile is cordial and pleasant, something appropriately bordering on official. she can't quite get used to the idea of them being peers, and in truth, part of her anxiety about the mission has something to do with doing it with lucas lane himself. maybe it's the difference in age between them, or maybe it's because she's acutely aware of the fact that she's here largely due to basic nepotism, maybe it's a combination of the two.

she's glad he is quick to move indoors because it means she doesn't have to entertain those thoughts any longer, and besides, she's more comfortable in action. they're here to oversee testing on some minerals, which she has yet to see in person but the briefing and provided materials showed that they look much like what the expedition found in regirock's cave.

heading down into the recesses of the center, persephone has to make a conscious effort to wrangle her eagerness into a neutral expression, though the bounce in her step remains. they pass a number of security doors with ease, and she's not sure why, but the size of the machine astounds her. taking up the majority of the room, she can make out the lone stone gleaming in its center.

"have you had a chance to review any of the artifacts retrieved from regirock's cavern?" persephone asks after a moment, an attempt at small talk that is nonetheless appropriate given its relevance and what she knows of lucas' interests.

the lights on the machine flicker red momentarily, before switching back to green, and the noise it was making switches frequencies and doesn't quite recover. persephone narrows her eyes and wonders if that's meant to happen.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 8:24:10 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas pulls down his scarf first as he begins to undo his layers. A hand runs through his mahogany hair, fluffing it up before unbuttoning his coat. As they walk in silence towards the recess of the center he turns over the name Amavi in his head. He knew that name. It felt so familiar.

"Artifacts, there's artifacts?" He couldn't believe he was hearing of this now. Lucas thought nothing made it out, that the rescuers were lucky to have gotten out alive. "I didn't think any made it out, honestly. I had plans to talk to about the event. Are the artifacts under League custody, or?" He meant to imply if there were any for sale, any he could get for himself.

"Oooh" the flickering red lights caught his eye. "That's uh" the flickering stops, the lights becoming solid red over numerous pieces of machinery. "That's not suppose to happen. Hey somebody, security! We've got a problem!" He calls out down a corridor, but there was no one besides Persephone in earshot. "This is not good, not not good." His ability of perception was truly extraordinary. Unfamiliar with the machinery he begins to walk around the room, eyes moving across everything in sight. All in search of maybe an emergency switch, instructions for what to do in the event of an emergency, anything to help the duo.

2/5 rolls start next rotation

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 17:57:45 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

hearing mention of fernando's name catches her attention, and in spite of herself, persephone straightens to regard lucas a little closer. it shouldn't surprise her that is talking to the other scientists about what they all saw - it makes perfect sense, after all, she is the late-comer to the league science scene.

her mind turns to the strange stone that had been passed from one pair of hands to another until it ended up with her. the exact properties of it allude her, and that is cause enough for her hesitation to share it or what little she does know about it with others.

persephone bites her lip, reluctant to answer or elaborate, when the lights turns red as if on cue. and yet, it's not a relief because the machine's strained whirring sound everything but natural.

"i don't understand," she says slowly, as though thinking aloud. "it's like it doesn't have enough power? can you hear it?" persephone gestures helplessly in the machine's general direction.

"it sounds strained? maybe we can-" she cuts herself off. if the power cuts now, the work could be damaged, and words are cheap. unwilling to stand by idly, she releases a luxray and commands it to charge itself up.

9MfIB69Z

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 18:56:18 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"I can hear something. But is it the power?" The situation didn't strike Lucas as something so simple. "The rest of the powers still going. It shouldn't be doing this," he said. The words came out rapidly, some slurred together. His mind raced as he thought of potential causes and solutions to the situation. With Perse's word's it'd finally dawn on him.

Something had gone awry with the machine. An unforeseen development with the experiment.

Lucas followed his colleague's lead as he released a Heliolisk. A command shot out from him immediately. The room lit up as the Heliolisk used thunder on a set of conductors. "This is going to be unsustainable. Circuits aren't often made to take in this much power." The scientist found himself hovering over a board filled with numerous buttons, levers, and sliders. Few were labelled, much less useful. "What needs this kind of power anyway?"

wqahgk2f

「3/5」

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 18:33:51 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

she hesitates, trying to piece it all together. this isn't her area, not even remotely. earth sciences, and how that connects to the region's historiography. but she read the old reports prepared immediately after the excursion into the desert ruins.

"it's a simulation of pokemon evolution, perhaps man-made energy sources aren't made for this?"

it's conjecture, but it's all she can offer.

watching lucas hover over the console gives her some solace because at least one of them may know what to do with the machine itself.

her luxray follows the heliolisk's lead and discharges its pent-up energy at the exact same spot, but even that doesn't seem to be enough.

yPNnyz8C

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 20:09:50 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Simulation of evolution? Remind me to ask them about it after we make it out."

Lucas racked his skull to remember equipment Devon used for a similar experiment. It'd do little for him, as he soon found the machine was entirely different. Mossdeep, much like other tech companies, chose not to rely on their competitor's inventions for secret experiments.

His finger moved around the dial board, hovering under dials as he thought of their uses. One wrong move and the whole experiment, and his career could go awry. After a rushed contemplation he twisted a dial counter-clockwise. The whirring of the machines while still prevalent, have quieted down somewhat. "Keep up the power," he commanded. The heliolisk released another discharge of electricity towards the conductors.

"We're getting somewhere. Someone should be coming soon. They need to do check-ups often for this sort of experiment. Or at the very least when an emergency sensor has gone off."

2IoPjZba

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 3:10:17 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

in her pre-occupation, she hadn't even mustered the initiative to seek help, but maybe that's for the best. the combination of heliolisk and luxray seemed to be handling powering the machine — electricity crackling from them audibly.

she can practically feel the static in the air like an almost physical sensation.

the machine is stablising; persephone can see that much. just a little more and it should be over, hopefully. she can see her luxray strain, as though the machine is sapping energy from the pokemon directly.

persephone's attention snaps to the relic inside. she swears she saw it glow or flicker. she doesn't think before speaking, curious moreso than nervous.

"did you see that? i think it did something."

A7uWFOY2

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 4:37:59 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Again" he commanded. The heliosk shot another bolt of electricity into the conductor.

"That should be it," Lucas said confidentially. He could hear walking coming from just outside the door. The footsteps of what the head scientist assumed to be their saviour. A scientist that worked on the experiment that had gone awry.

Lucas stepped away from the dial board and strode across the room. He peered through the glass, straining his eyes to see what was happening inside. Persephone was right. Something was happening to the relic. It didn't resemble what he expected of an evolution simulation however. "What exactly is this?" He thought aloud, the words leaving his mouth right as an employee entered the room.

JrJZcIP9

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
samaritan [ mission ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 7:59:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE RESULTS

[attr="class","ipad"]
SUDDENLY![break][break]
the relic stone suddenly fires a beam of energy. like a laser. it tears into the space above and rips a hole through what seems to be... reality. the air peels away to reveal a dark expanse. it's unnerving to look at; an odd alien landscape with eerie fungal structures greets them. the rift flickers as the relic begins to quake. the rift begins to sew itself up— but something. a stream of white trickles by the opening (not out of it) on the other side before the rift disappears.

mossdeep scientist

A SCIENTIST APPROACHES[break][break]

ushering you to an elevator door, a mossdeep space center employee orders, "you two are not to speak of what you have seen." slowly, her stern visage relaxes into a smile. "you will be handsomely compensated for your help." signaling a farewell, she speaks in a rehearsed tone: "thanks to you, our exploration of space will reach new heights."[break][break]

the events of this experiment does not leave your thoughts.[break][break]

[break][break]

MISSION COMPLETE
[break]
100 pokedollars, 5 infamy, 5 heart scales.
[break][break]

NOTES[break]
if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]