Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
An Address to Hoenn (Livestream)
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 1:41:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The livestream begins with the shot of Thomas sitting at his desk in his office. His brown hair is tied into a ponytail, bangs cover his forehead. From what can be seen from the shot, Thomas is wearing a green hoodie. A glass full of ice and whiskey, along with a bottle at the ready, adorn the desk.

"What a week it has been.", Thomas begins. "To address the Cufant in the room, I was on business in Kalos the past few weeks. It was as I was on the return flight that all hell broke loose. Sootopolis City had fallen into the hands of Rocket, and we lost and ."

Thomas pauses to take a sip of his whiskey.

"I regret not being there to hold them off. I doubt my presence would've turned the tides in the League's favor, but maybe I could've helped mitigate the damage done.", Thomas lamented.

Thomas finishes the glass of whiskey, immediately pouring more from the bottle as he continues.

"This is the second time we've lost a city to Rocket. Two too many times, and from what I hear, a good number of people in Sootopolis actually clamored for this shit. Fan-fucking-tastic.", Thomas continued with a disgusted sigh, before continuing to drink.

"Now, to those of you who had done what any sane person would've done, and fled Sootopolis, Benoit Armaments will help you find housing and employment, as we had when Slateport was in Rocket's hands.", he'd point out.

"As for those of you who actually stayed behind, especially those that are currently in Rocket's corner, let me ask you something: what the fuck were you thinking? You really think Rocket's gonna give you a better life? They may have changed management, changed tactics, but at the end of the day, they're still the same Rocket that razed Kanto, the same Rocket that took over Slateport under Silas. And I guarantee you, once they've gotten a comfortable foothold, the mask's coming off, and they're gonna show their true, putrid colors.", Thomas would rant, before taking another gulp of his whiskey.

"So why am I doing this livestream? I hate to do this, but this is where I have to draw the line in the sand. Effective immediately, I'm resigning from the League, stepping down from my position as a member of the Elite 4.", he'd finally announce to the camera, a heavy look on his face.

"Over the years, I've tried to work with the League. But at the end of the day, the problem is that the organization is fundamentally too soft. Many of the people within the League reflect that softness. And it's that softness that Rocket has repeatedly taken advantage of. The Kanto League got steamrolled by Rocket, and the Hoenn League allowed Rocket to waltz into Slateport, and terrorize the Region.", he'd state.

"And rather than following through, once their boss croaked, they allowed the top brass to slink off into the shadows, despite warnings that the other members of their top brass went unaccounted for. This allowed the bastards to reform in the shadows, and spring up in their current form. And once again, they've managed to take a city. And if things continue as they are, I'm afraid Rocket's gonna start going for more.", he'd continue, polishing off his drink in the process.

"Now, this won't impact the relationship Benoit Armaments has with the League. This is my decision, and my decision alone. My cousin, Antoine Benoit, will be taking over my role as representative of Benoit Armaments in Hoenn.", he'd tell the audience, beginning as he was pouring another glass.

"I know I said this earlier, but to anyone listening, I don't think this can be emphasized enough: don't fall for Rocket's bullshit. They are merely trying to butter you up, con you into thinking their takeover is good for you. In reality, the people of Kanto are probably living in fear of the people that razed and subjugated their Region. And sooner or later, the people of Sootopolis that rolled out the red carpet for these fuckers will learn their mistake, mark my words.", he'd continue, before finishing his drink.

With a sigh, Thomas continued. "Before I go, I just want to say that this does not mean I'm throwing in the towel. Oh no, I'm going to continue fighting. But from now on, I do shit my way.", he'd conclude, before cutting the feed.

tags: @tag
notes: Thomas livestreams his resignation from the League, feel free to post reactions to this

close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
Hit fast, strike hard, but show mercy when they surrender.
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 11:14:31 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
scarlet.eyed.bish //
What the—

Weren’t you like, one of the biggest supporters of the League?

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 22:06:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
pokkenger_aqua_style //
sad to see even one of hoenn's top trainers feel so down about the situation. but fear not! i'm sure you can bring your own brand of justice to hoenn, and don't forget that you have pokkenger's support in your endeavors former e4! count on it!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 23:03:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Алёша //
Wait, wait, hold up—

You’re not serious when you meant you’re stepping down?! Are they not going to be doing anything about this—this new threat?

And I thought they were ‘disbanded’, guess the media’s getting really good at covering stuff up…