8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 5:09:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"a point i've expressed, reiterated, and repeated many times before."

she's a bit premature but her heart is in the right place. what he sees before him is someone that can be nurtured, taught to reflect that values that he finds essential. the only issue lies in her expressed impatience. it reeks of passion, of relying on gut feelings. their thought on the matter may coincide but their methods do not, both metaphorically and literally. in this regard, fernando is uncertain.

"i will have to visit you then. do schedule something with miss lapin. i look forward to it."

her teasing is misplaced. a frown that stems from his failure accentuates his answer.

"more sway then i, surely. i am not too popular with the top brass. only the survivors of slateport seem to hold me in a good regard."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 5:23:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she is only three years his senior, but the experience gap between them can't be denied. she'd felt out of her league before this meeting, and the politics within their words are leaving her sore from whiplash. maybe i'm wrong to think this isn't a battlefield. 

she isn't expecting his response. any further attempts at humor are scratched off of her list. still, his response does more than surprise her. "so, some of the masses," she points out. slateport. a daunting name to her now; she's helped refugees and victims, yet she's not set foot in the new rocket territory herself. 

perhaps it's time. 

she also reminds herself to stand strong. she's here to observe and reflect at a later time. fernando may prove a valuable ally now, but she still has more people to talk to, more ideas to collect. it's only now that she's realizing just how out of her league she really feels. if she were any weaker, she would have trembled. 

"i only hope to bring a new perspective." her words are gentler this time, more confident.

she turns back to their other conversation now, intent on talking of simpler things so she can ponder the past half hour on her own. "do you train them in the mind as well?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 5:42:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"the ones who saw the horror. the ones i've personally housed and fed when they had no where else to turned. the ones who realize the gravity of the situation we're in." they're a large part of his rise to power. the monetary sacrifice means nothing compared to what he's gained. the moral boost from having silph employees personally help out was another passive benefit and one that's only compounded after his ascension.

"i hope you do as well." a closing remark to the end of that conversation.

her next question perks his interest. he can infer what she means but digs deeper to clarify. he wants her question to be precise, narrow in scope, and hone to prevent him from having to reveal more then he has to. "what do you mean?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 19:28:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]they are the ones who matter. she has a lot to think about. while she'd stumbled her way through some of their conversation, it's undeniable that she's gained more than she's lost. she can't know exactly what fernando thinks of her, but she feels as though she's made a good impression. that was the goal, right? 

and it's a blessing she'd met with him first. now she's prepared for the clashing ideals of their other two peers. now she has time to plan, to persuade. 

this isn't the last of this conversation, not by a long shot, but for now it's run its course. so she turns to the new conversation at hand. "we believe that strength is more than just sharpest claws, hottest flame. we conduct several different forms of mind sculpting, ranging from meditation to the measured withstanding of psychic attacks.

"of course, only our elite breeds are trained so rigorously, and for years at a time. there's a reason we're still a rather small operation." 

she unclips a pokeball from her circlet. "lyune was one of them; i'd be curious to see how our pokemon compare." 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 20:06:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he nods in agreement although her knack for dragon related metaphors does created a bore. how peculiar but not unexpected from a dragon tamer. he makes a conscious note to toe away from doing the same. his specialization is vast but a tendency for ice based puns seems more gimmicky then anything.

"interesting. unfortunately, i cannot say the same. not to that extent. i have a very sharp hole in my dark type arsenal, currently, but i plan to fix that in the coming months." he pauses, grinning. "due to the vast resources-- pokemon--" he corrects. "i have at my disposal, it is more effective to raise them and address the situation as the need arises. i have yet to face another psychic threat and been unable to handle the situation using numbers alone."

her prompt is an interesting one and fernando has no idea what to expect. she refers to the pokemon by name and all he can surmise is that it's draconic in nature.

"in battle, miss morningstar." his tone makes it more of a statement then question. there's only one thing he has to ask. "shall we compare their competency in terms of survival or for sport? i must admit i do not fare too well in standard, traditional battles. i only know how to defend and apprehend."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 20:22:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]more pieces fall into place. she's conflicted. she's seen trainers push their pokemon past their limits until they've collapsed from exhaustion. fernando's style of training has proven that he still cares for them; at least he cares enough to preserve their well-being. his vocabulary irks her, but she keeps her opinions off her face, cool disposition unwavering now that they're speaking more colloquially. 

"ah, well, i'd rather be prepared for the unexpected." murphy's law. whatever can happen, will happen. there's a reason she's recently taken to catching different types of pokemon, why she's broadened her studies and shifted her training to reflect the times. the future is more uncertain than ever, and there may come a time when she can't rely on her dragons for back-up. 

she tucks a stray lock of hair behind one ear. "we could make it more interesting," she says. "more than a traditional battle."

she rolls lyune's ball over in her hand, taps its red top thoughtfully. "how do you feel about mounted combat?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 20:38:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"ah." fernando ponders the proposition for a moment. his reluctance stems from his pride. he had thought to wager something on it. now he's unsure.

"mounted, huh? i don't mind but i've yet to try it with a single pokemon." as to who to pick, he's more unsure then ever. that's why he tries to steer her back to his quarters. "my aerial combat is usually done in threes - by the fleet."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 20:55:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"you like your numbers, councilman," she comments. in this manner, she is outnumbered. tucked away in her estate is her father's army, of which she could command. her own cavalry is growing, but it's a slow process. rewarding, but agonizingly slow. still, aeris could hold her own beside lyune; she's done so before. 

she turns, following his new direction curiously. "i'm sure this headquarters has an armory? where might i find a bow?" she'd left hers at her hostel, regretting it now that she's brought up such a challenge. she'll suffer from the unfamiliarity of a training bow's curves, but she welcomes the challenge.

"excuse me if i'm being too forward. if this isn't your cup of tea, i understand." there's a challenge laced in her words, but she smiles good-naturedly all the same. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 21:17:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"there is strength in numbers and i do not pursue anything less then absolute victory." he laughs. "in practice, anyway."

her next question is answered by the expression on his face: absolute bewilderment. sure, there are weapons. a glock rests in his office drawer, unloaded but still there. but a bow? how primitive.

he had been correct. there's much to nurture. can he grow her? his uncertainty grows with each newfound fact.

"a bow," he repeats, questioning, exuding his unfamiliarity with the request. never have they ever. the war is new and the thirst for blood is anything but.

instead, he taps one of the pokeballs on his waists. "i welcome the experience but it is unfortunate that i may not be able to meet your expectations. i believe your methods are as orthodox as my own. i don't think this establishment will be able to satisfy the customs you're used to."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 18:27:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]perhaps our customs are far different than i'd assumed, she thinks with amusement. the look on his face is enough to draw out some of her airy laughter and she nods at his bewildered repeating of the world. she can only imagine what he has in mind--simple wood and string. this is the twenty-first century; he could give her some credit.

she doesn't press the issue, nor make any moves to sully the confusion (and is that disappointment she sees?) in his expression. no, she'll save that for another time, when she has the home field advantage, should he take up her offer and visit the estate. 

"then i believe it all the more prudent to try things your way. i have three battle pokemon on my person right now, and two more back-ups still in training in the bank. nevermind my requests. show me how it is to do battle the fernando silph way."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 19:20:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"my way."

when she phrases it like that, fernando can't help but sit on the comment. sure, there's a distinct method to his madness but to encapsulate that into one definite format. there's no one true answer, even he's unsure of how to best represent it. at least in a fair format.

she's here for a demonstration not absolute annihilation.

"the best way to show you would to bombard you mercilessly the moment you entered the head quarter grounds," he answers truthfully but behind the tone of a joking chuckle.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 19:36:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the more their conversation continues, the more interested she finds herself. she can't tell if he's simply not as forthcoming as most, or if he's dodging certain questions and requests for a reason she can't decipher. regardless, she curses yet again that she's waited this long to introduce herself formally. only so much trust can be built on one measly meeting. 

freya is a woman of honor, and everything she has spoken is something she believes, something she fights for, something that she will not waver on. she's long since abandoned expecting the same of others, and it's this ponderous thought that makes her wonder just how in sync she is with the silph. 

i'll need to do my own research.

he makes an interesting point, one that gives her an idea. "then we shall reschedule." 

she fits lyune's ball back into the crest of her necklace and says, "i would like to make a proposal. this is all new to me--the politics of the league. i'm used to getting my hands dirty on the ground." to others, it could be a sign of weakness, but as he'd stated before: there is strength in numbers.

"i've already admitted that i seek your counsel, and this is true, but i believe it goes deeper than that. i  want an ally, councilman. an ally i can believe in, and one that i can take guidance from. i'm reluctant to use the word 'mentor,'" she says, lips twinging in a smile, "because i believe i have more to offer than an inexperienced apprentice.

"think about it,"
she adds. "i've recently accepted a citizen's request nearby and could use a partner."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 21:48:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"whenever convenient," he comments. they resume their walk and ferandno leads her off the courtyard grounds. they're headed toward the south wing and behind the double doors is more of a stable then a building. the sight of pokemon mingling and being treated resembles more of a resort then an official government building. various individuals work as kitchen staff for the cafeteria while others are looked at by the various medical examiners that line another section of the building.

"getting your hands dirty? coup?" her request is met with an open joke. fernando doesn't dare answer her now. he still needs to deliberate. several minutes at least, considering his options while he buys time with his jests. "you certainly have a way with words, miss morningstar."

he pauses mid-laugh.

"you have my support." his attention turns to the sceptile from earlier. it's being tended to by several psychic type pokemon. a kirlia and slowking place their hands on the pokemon's shoulders, transferring their energy through HEAL PULSE. a trainer brings over a plate of food. despite it coming from a cafeteria, the plate looks like a fine meal from any mediocre mid-class restaurant. it's not standard pokemon kibble. they're serving it people food.

"for now," he corrects sharply.

her request is met with a decisive smile.

"you wouldn't happen to be talking about the one about ghosts, would you?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 5:06:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i'm only honest about the work i do," she replies simply. she's used to grit and blood and the adrenaline that comes with the deafening sound of the battlefield. she's never witnessed the senseless violence birthed at slateport's shores, but she's seen what humans are capable of. and what pokemon are capable of, in the hands of such violent people. 

if rocket has (and no doubt they do) a similar operation to the one fernando governs in this city, she can only imagine how much devastation they can cause (and will cause) if they don't stop them. they can only grow stronger.

she's thrilled to hear his words. a simple, elegant promise, even if it swims with all sorts of asterisks. she makes a sound in the back of her throat, a solemn acceptance. of course, after one meeting, he wouldn't jump at the chance to be by her side. still, something must be said for the positive reaction she's received. 

"the very same," she says. 

she gestures in the general direction of the going-ons around them. "is this a normal day here?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 5:33:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i had my eye on that request. the promise of ghosts is something i've been meaning to rectify." there's a glaring hole in his arsenal and he has the means to fix it. from ice to psychic to fire and every other type known to existence, only a few still elude his grasp. only conquering all of them proves to be a real achievement.

"no, sadly." with an earnest smile, fernando watches as the sceptile ignores the treatment and begins to shovel various bits of food into its mouth. "this is reserved for my regiment. very few approve of my methods so i make sure to treat those who do. i believe in a play hard work hard methodology."

he pauses.

"in unova, it is people, not pokemon, that battle for sport. martial artist of all kinds gather and participate in glorified fights. it's a dangerous sport. the participants risk injury in every fight and all it takes is one concussion to end their career. in exchange, they're paid handsomely and the top performers are considered celebrities. they call it the mma." he turns to her. "i do not see why the same cannot be applied to pokemon."