awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 0:14:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she hadn't noticed any ghost-type pokemon in the midst of all the fighting, now that she thinks about it. while fernando's tactics seem outlandish to her, she can understand their merits. even a full team of six of her dragons would lose against fernando's sheer numbers. her fingers twitch, threatening to curl into a fist, but she keeps her gaze steady, body relaxed. he could be a very frightening threat if he wants to be.

"so i've heard," she says. in her adolescence, when she'd consumed media at a far more insatiable rate, she'd read articles about such things, had daydreamed once or twice about stowing away with a certain someone to become street fighters. the memory almost brings back a smile, but she smothers it with a swallow and watches a few more pokemon help themselves to some of the cafeteria food. 

"it's smart. some scoff at them, i believe. with pokemon, why fight amongst ourselves? but i don't believe there's any harm in learning to defend yourself. better to bring a knife to a gun fight than nothing at all." she smiles and shrugs her shoulders. 

"have you been?" she asks. "to unova?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 0:29:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"panic stems from unfamiliarity." the crisp of his sentence pronounces it as law. "in a world with at least seven hundred documented species of pokemon and moves it is impossible for one pokemon to face them all. constant battle is a method to mitigate this weakness. preparedness is the one factor we have control over."

they continue.

"i have been to unova a few times. never for too long. visiting for business, mostly." the deeper they go the more extreme the lounge gets. fernando opens a door for freya and it leads into some sort of massage parlor. various pokemon are being tended to by other pokemon and humans alike. some are dressed to reflect their position as visiting masseuses while others seem no different then the average trainer.

"and you, miss morningstar?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 1:28:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's nodding in agreement as they walk. the more they travel, the more impressive the building's facilities become. while she'd only spent a handful of times at any league hq, this one is more than just state of the art; it's hand-crafted, all the finest details included by a practical mind.

the pokemon are pampered here, rewarded for their services. 

she shakes her head. "no, although i mean to. i've been to johto and kanto, and i'm native to kalos, but there's still so much more to see."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 1:48:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"it's enjoyable. i prefer an urban setting and castelia does not disappoint. it's no saffron but, alas, saffron is no more."

fernando catches himself mid-sentence and the grimace that grows on his features is one of home sickness. there's no regret behind his action, no remorse behind setting the scene for kanto to burn to the ground, but it's unfortunate that it had to do so to propel him to his current position.

"how is kalos. like the other regions, i can't say i'm too intimate with the region."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 2:34:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she looks sideways at him, examining his expression with a small touch of surprise to her own. "i was lucky to have seen it before it was destroyed," she says softly, though her thoughts are elsewhere. 

she tries not to think of kalos. there are too many painful memories, too many promises she hadn't kept. she'd only been back once, had stayed only long enough to find that what she'd returned for had already left. 

"progressive. beautiful. i haven't been back in some time, but i hear it's a lovely place to be." she sounds more wistful than she'd like. she looks around the room again, this time with a sort of detachment. "do you ever wonder if you could just up and leave? move to another region and forget all that's happened?" 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 2:45:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her tone matches his expression and fernando reads between the lines that are never said. he won't inquiry further. curiosity is a selfish disrespect that he doesn't want to engage her in. for now, anyway.

"i do not wonder, miss morningstar." he pauses, thinking. "i know i could leave whenever. i can do a lot of things. that is why i go forward, because i know. i will not run nor entertain the idea. hoenn is a victim and will be the battlefield for kanto's vengeance. we will not repeat kanto, miss morningstar."

he turns to face her, probing her for some sort of recognition. what's she thinking?

"i presume you share a more optimistic viewpoint of my own?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 3:19:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]a rush flows through her, chilling her to the bones. her own voice comes from fernando's lips and she has to take a moment to think about what she wants to say. only, it doesn't take her long to nod firmly. 

the wistful gleam in her eyes fades as quickly as it had come. memories are shoved once more into their respective boxes and her end goal burns brilliantly before her. 

"rocket will fall," is all she says, but her vehemence is almost overbearing. a couple of nearby pokemon perk their heads up and glance her way as they continue their walk. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 6:45:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"the only question is when."

with an audible clap, fernando clasps his hands together behind him, standing tall and proud as he continues his stroll. "what are your plans going forward, miss morningstar?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 21:40:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she shakes her head, lips pursed. while she'd like to think the best of her fellow councilmen, she still has much to think about. she doesn't want to be blindsided due to hasty decisions. 

"ah, but i can't tell you everything just yet." she decides she'd rather probe, see if he might tell her what she won't. "what are your plans going forward?" 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 18:11:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her answer is enough to raise his eyebrows. a semblance of pettiness urges him to resort to the same sort of banter he engages in with his night shift secretary. the only difference is that he'd be playing the part of . that thought alone is enough to dissuade him from handling with any spite. instead, he opts for the high ground.

"unfortunately, trust is a two way street, miss morningstar."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 20:49:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"a two way street indeed," she says. 

their banter has given her a few moments of peace to think, but still she takes the lapse in their conversation to think quietly to herself. the thoughtful look on her face, though she examines her surroundings with earnest, makes it evident that she's weighing her decisions. 

"there will always be a threat to peace and safety. that's just how this world works. things have to change before we can even attempt to eradicate rocket." she scratches the back of her neck. "i seek to better understand the positions of the other councilmen by their own words."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 20:55:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she's not wrong - that's the proper choice moving forward. still, fernando can't help but laugh at her answer. "good luck." he sounds earnest but he's anything but. the less they get along the stronger his foundation becomes. what he sees in freya is more akin to his own. he doesn't need her but having her on his side will prove invaluable. unfortunately, she's still a wild card. not unpredictable but hard to pin point with the visible gaps in her understanding.

he'll have to proceed with caution.

"i guess we'll see which is the first to visit your estate, miss morningstar."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 21:08:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"thank you," she says, choosing to ignore the sarcastic undertones to the two words. it's with this small exchange that she knows she's made the right choice. the situation is delicate enough as it is; it would be foolish not to look at everything from all sides. especially if action can't be taken yet. 

she does, however, shake her head. "that was an invitation for you only, councilman silph. i hope that regardless of what may come of these meetings, we may continue to maintain an amicable relationship." 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 22:52:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she shakes her head and he can only smile. how daring. how delicious.

"oh? are you not planning on inviting the others?" how she answers may prove a hindrance in the long run. if she makes her favor for him obvious then it'll only cause a divide. is he willing to risk his position of a possible sleeper agent? he's unsure. the only thing he knows is that she's dangerous. these are treacherous grounds.

"no matter what happens, i will always be open to talk." he pauses. "--with an appropriate appointment, of course."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
formalities [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2019 3:13:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i plan to extend a certain hospitality that may present itself during our meetings, but i feel i have much to gain if you graced the morningstar estate with your presence. our operations are vastly similar and equally as different, and i think you ought to benefit from what you might learn there." the words roll easily off her tongue because it's brutal honesty. 

whatever may come of her meetings with the others, her every intention is to cater towards the greater goal. a small promise of loyalty like this to fernando, while fielding opportunities of alliances from the others is a delicate balance, but something she can hold aloft for now. 

"i'll send a copy of my schedule to your secretary and we can schedule a time for you to stay."