TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
ooga gaga i got your milkies [c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 3:51:57 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

what could possibly bring a witch to the unnatural woods of sootopolis?
[break][break]
well, for starters, a mysterious (yet familiar) tree that erupted out of nothingness certainly helps. but really, if it wasn’t for the fact that a former coworker - possible future son - and one of her only friends, invited her here, she probably wouldn’t have showed up.
[break][break]
not until she had to, at least. sootopolis brought fresh and old memories back to the surface, both those of her childhood and those of her recent defeat on the field.
[break][break]
she didn’t really lose, but… you know.
[break][break]
“priam,” she calls out, half unsure of where she was supposed to look for him. ‘the big tree’ wasn’t very specific, now that she thought about it. thankfully, trent, her whimsicott, kept her company.
[break][break]
“where are you hiding?”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 17:56:49 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
it's not surprising for katherine to be interested in the tree since she was a bit of a nerd for legends. what surprised priam more was that he forgot he had a job that he forgot to take into account that left him with little travel time in between to get her to the thick of the place.

he comes rushing in on the back of his arcanine. priam pulls in the reins as the fire-type skids just as they near katherine, burning grass underneath his paws as they pull into a full stop.

"i'm so late! what the fuck!"

he pulls down a piece of bandana that covers the lower half of his face and drags a hoodie off of his head that concealed his hair. he steps down from his mount and ruffles its neck fur before facing the elite four with a grin.

"tada, i'm here! i knew you'd miss me!"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 20:31:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

katherine wasn’t a nerd for legends as much as she was invested in this tree, or this type of tree, thanks to the events that transpired in Littleroot. it feels like it happened a lifetime ago, but she’ll never forget what happened in the days following rocket’s attack.
[break][break]
People were brought back to life.
[break][break]
“... Yes, priam. You are late.”
[break][break]
The hint of disappointment in her tone is betrayed by the genuine smile that graces her features, surfacing only moments after Priam arrives. It was good to see him. No, it was good seeing a familiar face in general.
[break][break]
Especially one that didn’t come to badger her for answers.
[break][break]
“I suppose you could say that,” as much as she’d like to pretend she didn’t miss him, her expression betrayed her. “Fine. yes, i did. I’m glad you’re still alive.” this was the closest thing to affection that she could express, wasn’t it?
[break][break]
”how’s your… what did you say was its name? Gabby? gabbie?”

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 19:10:23 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"he's alive and well!" priam answers energetically when the topic veers to his gabite. "he sleeps more times than normal though, but i guess that's more on me taking more jobs before than now."

two years during the absence of his gabite may not seem enough, but the shift in the work environment for rockets like him was considerably more evident when compared to before.

"i brought him here before too, funny enough! the tree did some weird shit to him the moment i got him out of his ball! must've been the blue mulch thing, i think."

such information, no matter how trivial, would've normally been classified, but he owes her, so priam gets more lenient to himself.

"so, whatcha here for? want a tour of the tree too? we got a lot of those lately!"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 20:21:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“The tree reacted to it?”
[break][break]
Mystery shrouded this tree and any others similar to it now more than ever. The miracle of reviving not one, but two people failed to escape her mind. Admittedly, these weren’t the same trees, but who is to say they don’t hold similar capabilities?
[break][break]
“That’s… Weird.”
[break][break]
“Like, really weird. Don’t you think? Trees don’t react to people or pokemon like that normally. But the one in Littleroot did, and according to you, so did this one.”
Would it revive people in the future just as the last one did? And if so, who’s to say it won’t prove to be yet another obstacle?
[break][break]
She’d shown Rocket mercy in Sootopolis, but the same grace won’t be extended next time.
[break][break]
“I want to know more about it. What makes it act other than your zombie pokemon, why it’s here… All of that.” But was as far away from being a scientist as Priam was from joining the League and becoming a gym leader. “So… Yeah. A tour. I wanna see everything.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 4:10:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"good! you know the best person for the job then, huh!"

puffs his chest, all proud and confident. there's more capable people on the league side, he supposed, but nothing beats the wiles and skills of the renowned on his side of the playing field. that, and everyone hates her on sootopolis, so having the charming, silver-tongued will help.

"i've wanted to test something too, but i can't really find the people to do it with."

shoves his hands on his pocket and takes out a ball that closely resembles to one that contains the elite four's blacephalon. he doesn't take it out yet, but it was obvious what's inside 's beast ball.

"you can stop a guzzlord, right?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 5:29:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“... If I have to.”
[break][break]
prided herself in taming Ultra Beasts better than any other living person in Hoenn could, but truth be told, she had never faced a Guzzlord before. Then again, how different could it be? It’s not like it could compare to her Nihilego, right?
[break][break]
”Why? What do you have in mind?” Her question is voiced just as she retrieves a Pokeball, sending out her signature Sableye. The ghost materializes soon after the red beam subsides, blinking its sparkly gem eyes in anticipation. “We can’t be too loud, you know that, right?”
[break][break]
It would defeat the purpose of her sneaking into this place to begin with, after all. And it’d probably get him in trouble too.
[break][break]
Regardless, despite whatever reluctance she voiced, is still willing to let take the reins and operate as he wished.
[break][break]
That’s what friends do for each other… Sort of. It is what trust’s all about, isn’t it?

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 17:36:55 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"well, guzzy's pretty much in the same boat as gabby, so i'm guessing it's going to have a similar thing happening with the tree if i release it."

there's the tree trying to claim it, and then there's this weird psychological effect it gives off. the effects vary from different instances, but for the most part, the chances of it happening again was high. with how little they know of the tree, there's a chance it could affect the ultra beast.

"the difference is gabby pretty much has his entire thing burnt to ashes before he got revived, so he's kinda intact. the entirety of this guzzlord is mostly from tree magic since it regenerated from just a tentacle."

he starts to do hand gestures as his eyes wanders from a leaf pile to a lingering grass-type, and then back to katherine, trying to find a proper explanation.

"you see the connection i'm getting at? like, what if it gets more control over it since it's more magic than, uh, substance during the revival part! well, i can probably stop it on my own since i'm great like that, but that's gonna make noise and bring attention. see? i'm being cautious!"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 23:51:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Why do you have so many resurrected pokemon to begin with, Priam? That’s not normal. But then again, she’s… Not too surprised. Priam could be described as not normal unusual too.
[break][break]
In the multiverse of Priam clones, this one must’ve been the most chaotic version of him. He really was her son from the future, wasn’t he?
[break][break]
“Riiight… Tree magic. No, that’s fine. Totally. I am still following, go on,” a couple of rushed nods indicate that she was indeed still paying attention, for what little that meant. She was no scientist or magic expert - so the both of them will likely have to improvise. Great. Isn’t that just fun?
[break][break]
Her Sableye is joined by a Mimikyu, a second reassurance.
[break][break]
“We’ll probably be more quiet. I… Hope. Go ahead, take out your… Tree-magic-resurrected-zombie-pokemon.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 13:37:29 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
it's just two! not that many!" he defends himself, somehow offended for no reason, before he calms down and adds, "one's an experiment from the previous rocket head scientist. the other's, well, mine!"

it was unauthorized use of rocket resources, but what's the management going to do when there are worse offenders of other rules within the organization.

he swallows when katherine gives him a go ahead. he takes out the pokemon out of its ball, and images of its previous appearances on hoenn trigger memories of it feasting on multiple occasions. destruction on mossdeep was one thing, but the more recent three day war was something else.

"alright. it's just going to either be bad or good, i think. no in between, but it should be fine!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 6:21:13 GMT
shiv Avatar

OOGA GAGA

I GOT YOUR MILKIES

WHEN THE GUZZLORD IS RELEASED, the tree does not act right away. However, should the Pokemon or the trainers attempt to move further into the tree system, the foliage attacks. Branches sprout outward from trees and attempt to smack any intruders away. The earth swells as new growths appear. Saplings to curling stems of burgeoning flowers. Young plants curl limply around and 's shoes.

The Guzzlord may attempt to gobble the new branches up. Should it attempt to, jaws would gnash bark into splintering shards. However, the more it eats, the more the tree system retaliates. It's a never ending feast.

To navigate past this point of the tree, Team Rocket may require the help of something else...

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 20:21:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The tree reacts within moments, retaliating in response to the arrival of the intruders. It’s half expected, considering Priam’s warnings and her previous encounter with a similar tree but still, Katherine is caught off guard.
[break][break]
It’s very unusual for plants to attack, after all.
[break][break]
”Yuck,” she stomps on a branch that seeks to curl around her ankle, swiftly freeing herself before it can secure a tight grip on her. Both Sableye and Mimikyu act then, the former casts an ICY WIND as its partner uses its shadow to saw through the flora, and leaf piles.
[break][break]
“I don’t know if it wants your pokemon, Priam,” Katherine mentions, eyes averting from the tree towards the ultra beast momentarily. ”i think it just doesn’t want anyone here. Too close to it. it’s…”
[break][break]
A breath.
[break][break]
“..protecting something, maybe?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 13:59:04 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam braces for the worse, but instead, gets one of the best outcomes that could possibly happen given that they were facing the unknown.

"it's a different interaction with my gabite, at least."

he backs away from the distinct line between safety and danger. the guzzlord remains in its gluttonous state with its stomach mouth as wide as a full moon. priam lets it eat its fill for now to save money.

"it didn't try to attack my gabite though. it tried to take it in too, not like this..."

priam scratches his head as he tries to form his own theories, but those are better saved in the shower, or right before he goes to sleep in bed, where the best ideas are made.

"do you wanna try going in to find out if it's protecting something?" priam asks katherine. "they're going to launch an expedition soon anyways, and, well, there's better chances if more people work on a goal!"

it translates to more bodies to test the waters with.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 14:55:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Weird...”
[break][break]
Both Sableye and Mimikyu follow after Katherine when she steps back, just enough so the branches stop chasing after them. She watches the Guzzlord munch on some of the branches quietly, humming in thought.
[break][break]
Until Priam disrupts her.
[break][break]
“Hrm… I mean...” It wasn’t like she was scared but at the same time, she did have her doubts. A tree capable of reviving people and attacking others wasn’t the most welcoming plant. “..Sure. What’s the worst that can happen?” It sounds as if she’s only slightly reluctant. A single step forward brings her closer, and her pokemon follow in tow.
[break][break]
“No. You two stay back. I’ll do it myself.”
[break][break]
Sableye utters a hiss before Katherine continues to make her way towards the tree. Any branches that seek to halt her advance are ignored, the malevolent shifts into anti-matter to evade their hold. And once she reaches her destination?
[break][break]
Another step forward is taken, to see if she can peek into the tree. Was it really hiding something inside..?

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 17:21:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
it feels weird to test the waters on their own without the guidance of someone higher up, but curiosity is something that gets priam going for this matter.

slowly, he inches closer to katherine before important things were recalled.

"you have your, uh, what's it called... big boy snake god, right?" he asks.

he stops his tracks.

"the tree has this some sort of thing where it alters your personality ever so slightly, right? remember littleroot?"

a sudden surge of adrenaline wasn't what one might call a personality change, but the lack of vocabulary from the boy makes it difficult for him to relay the message properly. nevertheless, katherine should be able to get it.

"this one's a bit, uh, different, so the intensity might be a bit different." priam starts to get nervous. "you can get us out in case something else besides an attack happens, right?"