2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2019 18:38:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
miss alfric was comfortably situated at the very center of a clearing, the tiny patch of land primarily composed of flat earth and grass that was presently drenched in sunlight. she had chosen this spot to contemplate and meditate, her hands lightly clasped before her as she knelt and bowed her head. her companions were in similar positions at her sides, their faces dipped toward the ground and their paws pressed together as they joined their mistress in prayer.  

"we give our thanks and we praise thee..."

"flor-ges."

"ves." 

it was a moment of absolute peace - the young woman very rarely allowed even this as of late. long gone were the days spent in prayer and tending to her family's vegetable and herbal gardens. time was now invested toward ensuring that all was well within the region and that rocket was kept at bay. she fought and worked and tended to the needs of her pokemon in hopes that hoenn would remain free of rocket's taint. 

"
may the forest be at peace and may the spirits that reside here be allowed their rest."

she feared that the gods would no longer heed her prayer and that the aforementioned spirits had already been disturbed long ago. but she stubbornly clung onto the hope that someone had heard her whispers and acknowledged her desire for peace in some way, shape or form.

"
..."

cait craned her neck to peer at the sky above, noting the fluffy white clouds that passed the sun and momentarily covered them in shadow.

"
sometimes i wonder," she murmured.

the freckle-faced gym leader abruptly fell silent as she observed the world above with an expression of longing, having sunk back into her own thoughts as she did so. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/416.png

@geraldine

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 14:24:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The thick forest of Petalburg Woods was the last place Geraldine imagined herself that day. With most of her work residing in cities, or being based around the Rocket bases in Kanto, she was not often seen around the fresh green of nature and the low sound of the wind through the trees. Most of the time she was used as a weapon of defence, but today was different; she needed Pokemon. And Geraldine was not planning on leaving the area empty handed.

Her Seviper slithered ahead of her through the grass as she peered through the undergrowth that loomed above and beneath her. She followed in her knee-high boots, the heels sinking into the soil with each step she took. Her attire was ill-equipped for such a location, but she was unphased by the dirt that began to stain her shoes. Her focus was elsewhere.

A clearing. Geraldine stopped before light could touch her features. A figure sat across from her, facing ahead, with their head bowed. A girl - praying; her Pokemon, too. Geraldine held back a scoff at such an innocent gesture. Such antics were ridiculous, and she folded her arms across her chest, listening to girl’s words as their bodies basked in the low sunlight.

To some, the small act may have been seen as good-natured, but Geraldine only saw a child who believed in too many fairy tales. Upon noticing the girl complete her prayer, Geraldine could no longer hold her tongue.

“Well, that was lovely. Such sweet words. I’m sure the forest appreciated them, immensely.” Her Seviper lingered around her feet as Geraldine smiled a sharp, wicked smile in the direction of the girl. “If the Forest could hear you, that is.” She sighed sarcastically, feigning sadness. “Which it can’t, unfortunately… But nevermind! At least I heard you.”

Her voice was mocking, laced with a playfulness that dripped off her tongue like poison. As she spoke, her eyes not once strayed from the girl’s companions.

Her targets.

Geraldine knew what she wanted, and she was going to have them.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 14:52:22 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the trio stiffened and raised their heads, the woman's voice having brought an abrupt end to their prayers. and the words that had been uttered by the stranger were coarse and specifically tailored to prod and make a mockery of their faith.

"i - 

cait's green eyes grew round with alarm as her gaze flitted from the dark-haired female to her deadly serpent.

'that's a serviper.'

it's pointed fangs gleamed within the light of day, and the tip of its tail and overall bulk proved just as menacing as it remained comfortably situated at its mistress's feet.

'this isn't good.'

cait remained still, made wary by the presence of the poison-type before she fixed her gaze upon the young woman who peered at her companions in turn. 

"i don't want any trouble," she began.

her florges's eyes had narrowed and her vespiquen's small wings twitched. the pair had shifted closer to their mistress, their expressions beginning to subtly shift to reflect their immediate dislike of the stranger; for they sensed within the rocket the spirit of a predator.

"
we'll clear out - if that's what you want," she offered, tentatively. 

the young woman would much rather avoid conflict and hoped that the woman was reasonable enough to accept her offer. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/416.png

@geraldine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 15:52:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Geraldine laughed, a surprisingly melodic sound despite the coldness that seeped from it. She bared her teeth in a white smile at the clear uncertainty from the trio.

“Ah - Yes, well, normally I would want nothing more than to see you... Clear out. She paused for a moment, giving off the false notion she was even contemplating the idea. “But today is different. You have something I want...”

Her voice slowly drifted off, her facial expression morphing from amusement to a sharp seriousness,

“No one ever wants trouble, sweetheart -” Geraldine responded nonchalantly, moving forward as her Seviper copied her movements, his body curling around her feet and his head rising so that one of her hands could rest upon it. The light of the sun caught her eyes as it blinked from behind a cloud; they burned momentarily like lit embers, alive and dangerous, before a shadow cast upon them all again as the sun disappeared.

“- but, unfortunately for you, I am not ‘no one’,” She continued. “And trouble is what I am seeking.”

Her free hand reached for one of the Poke balls attached to her waist, her eyes narrowing in competition at the Florge. She could almost give the little guy credit for its bravery. But she didn’t allow it a second thought as she released her Honchkrow and pointed her finger forward towards the small, helpless team in front of her.

“Enough of this. Go. I want her Pokemon.”

Within seconds, both Geraldine’s Seviper and Honchkrow had lurched forward, both releasing cries of obedience to their mistress as they went in on the gym leader’s team. Her Honchkrow flew downwards, aiming a Wing Attack at the Florges, while her Seviper raced ahead, its teeth glowing sickly purple as it prepared to Poison Fang the Vespiquen.

Geraldine watched the girl from beyond, unable to hide the enjoyment in her face. ‘What are you going to do, little girl?’ Geraldine thought wickedly. ‘Your little prayers arent going to help you now…’

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 16:20:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the nameless woman's command offered whomever present an ample amount of warning, with both the gym leader and her respective companions responding as quickly as they could. without having to be prompted, the vespiquen stood in defense of both florges and cait.

"
ves.

vespiquen was hard-pressed to ward off the attacks, forced to wield a hastily prepared air slash in an attempt to ward off the pair. its area of effect was considerable enough to potentially delay the inevitable, with the fairy and green-eyed woman having been granted the space needed to retreat roughly several meters back. 

"vesp!"

despite her best efforts, the fangs of the serpent still managed to dig into the thick carapace of her 'dress'. the bug-type recoiled, her wings flapping uselessly as she attempted to pull herself free of the serpent's grip. but the pressure behind the bite proved far too powerful to escape from despite her best efforts.

"return!"  

the bug queen vanished moments later, having been successfully recalled by her mistress. 

"you won't be taking my pokemon."

each word was bit out, the gym leader's eyes narrowing upon her foe and the pokemon whom had accompanied her. cait plucked up another pokeball from her waist before tossing it forward, a maractus soon making its appearance. 

"mara!

the pokemon raised her arms, a cotton guard cast as she stood in defense of her mistress.

"
florges," cait murmured, her gaze remaining fixed upon the thief. "stay by my side for now. but be ready to join in on my signal."   

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/556.png

@geraldine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 16:31:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Geraldine’s eyes were wide, alive within the moment as her Pokemon attacked before her. She watched as her Honchkrow’s attack collided with the Vespiquen’s, pressing Honchkrow back and causing a noise of frustration to be released from the bird,

“H-honchkrow!”

Geraldine gritted her teeth, her attention moving to her trusted Seviper as his fangs managed to sink into the Vespiquen. A grin broke across her face and she laughed, her heart racing with adrenaline and excitement. But it faltered almost instantly as the familiar glow of a returning Pokemon broke across the Vespiquen, its body disappearing and her Seviper’s mouth slamming shut at the sudden loss of contact.

“You’re a coward for doing that,” She spat, Geraldine’s face contorting to one of frustration and anger, “Not that I wanted your pathetic Vespiquen anyway. Your Florges, however…” Her voice trailed off in thought as she watched the girl stumble away from them, her Florges staying close to her side. She had to break them up.

”Seviper, bite. Now. Geraldine commanded, throwing her hand forward as they instantaneously moved back into action. Her Seviper’s large body slithered forward at a colossal speed, its mouth reaching open as its fangs prepared to dig into either the trainer or the Florges - it didn’t care - before it hit a sudden wall of… Cotton?

Geraldine made a sound of surprise as her Seviper moved backwards in pain, hissing as the pair watched the Maractus stand ahead of them. Geraldine felt her eye twitch. This girl was testing her patience, and she was quick to continue her assault. She had to deliver, and she was not going to fail.

“So you want to play games… Fine. Honchkrow, double-team! Her voice yelled, her bird flying up again and suddenly shifting into two forms, then four, then eight - and suddenly a flock of Honchkrows circled the gym leader’s team from above, shifting in out of each other as making the real Honchkrow ‘disappear’.

”Seviper - up! - and wring out that stupid cactus!”

Her Seviper shock its head, regaining its posture, and threw its body at the Maractus, aiming to curl around the Pokemon and squeeze it to a point of exhaustion.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 16:53:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
miss alfric had been chosen as mauville's gym leader for a reason. despite her gentle temperament and overall pleasant demeanor, she was no weakling and the men and women of the council were not fools for allowing her access to the prestigious mantle.

"maractus!"

cait hollered in the direction of her companion, intending to acquire the prickly creature's focus.

"
you know what to do!"

the pokemon's smile broadened out, and she allowed herself to be wrapped in the serpant's coils because she was aware of what her mistress expected of her. pain followed, her form compressed as she endured the wrap as her smile transitioned into that of a pained frown. 

"
florges! grassy terrain!"

the earth and grass beneath their feet began to exude a gentle glow, the fairy's power spreading throughout as she ignored the bird and its false images in favor of altering the terrain.

'i'll have to keep an eye on that honchkrow.' 

cait eyed the dark-type warily, her gaze narrowing as she attempted to discern where it truly was.  

"mara!"

taking advantage of their close proximity, a power began to slowly gather at the maractus's paw. it grew in intensity as she gathered energy from the sun's light, the beginnings of a solar beam manifesting at her claw's tip. she slowly - and purposefully - raised the limb to point it toward the snake's head, her grin malicious in quality as it continued to charge. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/556.png

@geraldine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disparity . [ vincent ]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 23:26:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“Your little Maractus won’t be able to do anything darling.” Geraldine spat, her voice amused as she watched the cactus pokemon’s face distort with pain, “Not with my Seviper holding them.”

Her Seviper squeezed, and squeezed, in response to his mistresses’ voice, his body ringing itself around the Maractus like string. He hissed and snapped, angling its head high above it, threateningly. Its task to immobilise the Pokemon seemed to be working, and Geraldine was pleased. She turned her attention to her Honchkrow before noticing the charge of solar bean. Her expression darkened to one of sharp concentration on the gym leader.

Noticing the terrain change, she eyed the Florges curtly, and commanded her bird to react.

“Honchkrow, wing-attack. Knock that stupid flower out!”

The bird cawed in response, and all of the repeated bodies began to prepare the attack, their wings simultaneously glowing. Within seconds, they swooped down, beaks forward and wings stretched out. Each copy aimed to strike, but the real Honchkrow's eyes were on the gym leader. It's speed was faster, and it drew closer towards the enemy team faster than the fakes. It didn't care if it hit either pokemon or trainer; it wanted to please Geraldine.