DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 0:57:48 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

there was a reason she's here, glass in hand and fog in head. there was a reason daphne's taken time out of a night where she'd spend most of her time working on papers, sketching on sheets, trying to find her next muse for the next coming fashion designs for her line. here she is, however, sitting at a fairly nice bar in lilycove town (everything in lilycove town was nice; it's something she hasn't missed in her time away from the region) with a glass of red wine between slender, pale fingers. the people wandering the streets are still the same, the buildings are still the same, it feels a bit like home - not the people who fill the streets, but the lights that illuminate the streets and the gentle curtain of rain that so gently caress her skin and have her clothing stick to suffocate against her flesh, - and she feels comforted by it. [break][break]

we stomp the hatchet she's thrown to the ground, and we forget the shame that was her inability to keep the devon corporation from falling into the hands of silph. she forgets her failure to hold up the family business, unable to withstand the shame that comes with being daft and foolish (we forget how indifferent she felt). it's funny how the haze leaves her fingers twitching after only a glass or two of wine, when she's already reached the bottom. it's funny how the guilt persists in her heart when she can see her brother's face reflect back to her, with the same smile he always wore to reassure her (and she knows she has other siblings who can speak to her, and she knows she'll never drop her guards to confide to the same family she swears to protect). [break][break]

hypocrite. [break][break]

another sip will send her down the spiral of drunken bliss - she knows she's a light weight - that will free her from the shackles of grim reality. daphne can run - she can only run like she did with devon. with hoenn. with kalos. with him - but she'll end back in the endless loop, and she'll never be able to take another step forwards. accomplishments mean nothing when the weight of her heart is still tugging through the crumbling ground. achievements and merits mean nothing when the wearer knows nothing - when the wearer runs from everything - that puts them in danger (and though she's never done any of those things, the pit in her stomach and liver continue to poke and prod at her foggy thoughts. it's so easy to think "i'm a failure" when you realize your only consolation is the disappointed image of yourself, staring deep into those tired eyes). [break][break]

unsure of what else to do, to finishes another glass (only her second, but she's a slight flush across her cheeks) and remains seated by the bar. she's alone, again. [break][break]

she doesn't want to be alone. [break][break]

and it's against her better judgement that the first man to catch her sight is the same man who's victim to her smile "good evening," and the blonde woman leans over with a softened, hazy gaze as she crosses her legs within her bar stool. his face is a new one, and maybe they've met (in the ruins of battle, and the fires of where she watched a man fall from the heavens) once upon a time, but daphne isn't someone who recalls the smaller details. daphne isn't someone to talk to men, either. "what brings someone out to the bar so late?" not at the point of slurring, but the flush against her pale cheeks cannot hide how the formally dressed woman has relaxed too much for her voice of reason to make itself heard.[break][break]

she'll deal with it when she gets there.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 2:39:18 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Emotions had always been a fickle thing; each and every little descriptive word that could ever be classified beneath the umbrella term being nothing more than an individual unit of annoyance- and yet, when combined and compiled within their masses, always seemed to be more than capable of toppling even the burliest of goliaths within their paths. A cacophony at its finest. Loud. Obtrusive. Blinding, and deafening, and absolutely maddening to any and all that found themselves at the feet of their mercy, consistently beaten and bruised time and time again before naught more than a lull’s worth of reprise- and for what? Only for the sake of being struck down to level within some indefinite timeframe, once more. Mercy. Mercy, mercy, mercy- a concept in itself, pleaded within the face of a similar concept only accurately described as merciless. To say that escape from such an annoyance was possible would never be nothing more than a falsity; a fabricated ideal and offering forged within the blaring, ashen flames of white lies, and tempered, repeatedly, beneath the shroud and space of nothing short of idleness.[break][break]

A beast in itself, with its victims all equated to little more than sheep to slaughter.[break][break]

Forgeries in lies. Temperance within stagnancy. A doused varnishing of naught more than the tried and true embrace of amber, and viridian, and a translucency whose identity was so profound and akin to the grandeur of crystal, all seeking refuge upon the tip of the fleeing refugee as he ran from the cold and frostened clutches of such a drab concept.[break][break]

The taste would always be bitter.[break]
The taste would always be comforting.[break][break]

The comfort itself had been something that he’d been all too desperate for, yet at the same time, all too starved and malnourished of. To smile within the face of the idle judge by simple name of the world had been proven, to many, to be a feat so difficult to achieve; the whims and fight to do so equally as fleeting as the emotions serving as the basis of such issues, with its roots borne, and clutching, and digging deep within the foundations of the motivational seeds housed ever so gingerly beneath a person’s soul. A fickle thing. A fickle, fickle thing whose endurance had always been akin to that of a bruised ego, burning bright within a raging inferno, only to be snuffed by the most minor of inconveniences; the most minor of setbacks. The drink provided solace. The drink provided an escape, amidst other escapes otherwise impossible.[break][break]

He inhaled deeply as the remainder of his escape diminished.[break][break]

The sound of a sigh. The sound of a gentle clatter. Azure voids idly danced upon the image of a glass (a familiar sight and sensation of such frustrating translucency) as the remaining drops of an elixir so savored cascaded upon the bottom once more within their thin veils; pooling within the subtle bit of it prior to ultimately settling into a cease so calm that it had been almost insulting. Calmness, as well, had apparently been fleeting- and that in itself had been the force driving him to glance up towards one of the employees, once more, in request for another round of bittersweet sanctuaries.[break][break]

The words left his lips,albeit barely. Both his and the other’s attention seemed to shift upon the note of another individual, and following a shared glance and a mutual nod, the man merely sought to blink as his order had been appropriately accounted for. Beneath a thin veil of confusion did he stare forth, with brows furrowing slightly as the words offered to him reached his ears. He blinked, turning within his seat to face her for sake of nothing short of politeness. ”Aha… Same thing as you, probably…?” he started off, the beginnings of his words hitched by a vague bout of concern laced between both tongue and speech, alike. His gaze shifted from her for but a moment, flickering to nearby patrons as if noting their reactions (if at all) prior to meeting her gaze, once more. ”It’s, uh...kinda normal to drink at a bar, last I checked~...”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 3:07:02 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

oh, he speaks. that makes things worlds easier, she thinks (though he'll learn soon it might have been better to keep his mouth shut, for the woman was nothing short of content as she leans a bit more from her seat, turning her body to wedge the stool's cylindric step between heel and foot. here, she gets a better look at him. her deep, viridian gaze meets his, and she finds deep blue eyes. how beautiful. [break][break]

the haze makes it difficult to recognize her words, but daphne's never been witty enough to care for etiquette when her mind is clouded and a man is so politely presenting himself before her (never for anything unsavoury, she may think, and how wrong she is). others would take her movements and coy smile to be that of seduction - with piercing, emerald eyes and a rare, unfiltered and confident prop of her arm against the counter to rest her cheek against her fingertips - when it was far from it. [break][break]

"humour me a bit," she starts, her eyes falling down to the rim of the glass; the same rim where her other hand raises to trace the rim of her index finger along "stress drinking?~ or, perhaps.." she trails, lowering her hand only to pick it up as another glass is filled with wine. she raises it up, and smiles "recreational?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 3:32:04 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

...I don’t even wanna think about how far gone she is.[break][break]

A rather simple and short thought, yet one whose answer dwelled further within the depths of his mind whether he deigned to directly acknowledge as such or not. Inexperience within scenarios such as the given, however, had truthfully been nothing more than a similar falsity. Appearances had been something that he had always sought to keep within a higher degree, after all (more for his own, personal pride and stability, if anything), and thus, being approached as such hadn’t quite been much of a shock.[break][break]

Nevertheless, it still proved to be some degree of jarring whenever it did happen.[break][break]

After all, the approach of one had been far from guaranteed to be anything similar to the approach of another, with varying degrees of boisterous nature being something that he’d, unfortunately enough, had borne witness to more times within the past than he would’ve cared to admit. Still, however, there had always been something about the audacity and awkwardness of each and every encounter of similar ilk that he couldn’t help but find some minor light beneath. The woman before him spoke her part, and the woman before him acted in tandem to the words dripping from the clutches of a tongue whetted by nothing more than a haze. He eyed her in return, however on guard he may have been, as he side eyed the drink he’d requested.[break][break]

He made quick work of pulling it aside and sipping upon it once it had been fully prepared.[break][break]

”I’d...say maybe more of the former, honestly~...?” he mused on after some thought, raising his brows and quirking his lip into a flat, yet amused and anticipating smile as he shifted his arm upon the counter before him, all in support of a leisurely lean. He tapped his glass idly. ”Although, I…guess it’d depend on what your definition of ‘recreational’ would be…?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 3:58:11 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

stress drinking it is. [break][break]

they're in the same boat, two peas in a pod, in that case. it feels good to know she isn't alone - it feels good to be talking to someone unfiltered - and wallowing her despair into the glass. the woman raises her glass head tilted slightly when her cheeks raise and for once, the smile's reaching her eyes "well said~" is chimed with a gleeful voice. when was the last time she could do that so leisurely? [break][break]

daphne isn't keen enough to see how uncomfortable the poor man might have been, having a woman suddenly chat him up in the night. daphne isn't keen enough to begin with, but that doesn't stop her from trying to look for a good time (a 'good time' being subjective, but in this case, it's a coin toss). the wine is brought to her lips, and the bitter taste of alcohol rests against her tongue as it travels down her throat. it stings. [break][break]

recreational, recreational.. what did she mean when she said recreational? (that is to say, it's not part of her everyday vocabulary) "mm.. free time to escape your thoughts, or hope to find someone to chat to?" the very same way she did.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 4:46:17 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He took another sip.[break][break]

...At least I wasn’t right with my assumption, had been his first choice of thought as he directed his attention towards her; verdant voids matched by those of an azure brilliance as he took the speech offered towards him into proper account. For a small while longer did his fingers dance upon the round of the glass before him, cool and frosted to the touch, and with lingering specks and spots amidst the condense within the particular portions that his fingers had grazed upon. Within an idle manner, he eyed her for a little while longer as he leaned comfortably more upon his hand and arm. ...Then again, I guess I shouldn’t speak to soon…[break][break]

Another tap of the glass. Louder, that time, as if achieving some means of metaphorical peak prior to leaning back, once morel the pressure exuded upon the respective limb therefore relinquish (however momentarily) as he sought to fully release the handle of the drink within his midst, all the while. ”...Two for two. More of the former, really~,” he ambled on with naught short of a smaller, anticipating dancing upon his lips in tandem to the intonation within his voice. His lips pursed slightly as he glanced over towards the nearest screen, sparing it a cursory glance towards the time located within his corner prior to averting his attention back to her, once more. The smile that he wore perked slightly. ”Not opposed to the alternative, though, I guess~.”[break][break]

He eyed the glass that she held for but a moment before nodding towards it.[break][break]

”...Might be a bit hard to chat if you’re a few rounds too far in, though~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 5:23:10 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

now her advances were being accepted. good, good. [break][break]

another gulp of the bloodied red wine, another stream of sweetness with the bitter aftertaste laced around following. this time, however, she neglects to lower the glass of wine from between her lips as the crimson lipstick imprints itself against the clear surface (it's such a bold colour that stands out between the cracks of her fingertips, that blares amongst the browns and blues of the quieter bar). there are few patrons, and therefore few who could save him from his plight. [break][break]

where was this confidence coming from (where was it when she needed it?) all of the sudden? it's the million dollar question in a game of jeopardy, the same question she'll lose everything to. she tries not to linger. her glass lowers only for her to raise it once again, raving to the man's voiced thoughts "and yet you don't look the type to frequent this kind of place" and she raises the glass to her lips a second time, taking a small sip to let the liquid roll down her tongue. "a sight for sore eyes." another chime, and a slight lick of the corner of her lips to retrieve excess of the bloody beverage. [break][break]

there's mock offence as she lets out a soft, clearly feigned gasp. her? a few rounds too far in? how bold of him to assume. though she may have the flush across her cheeks, she raises her glass with the same smile and swishes its contents to splash around the interior "i'll have you know" she starts, leaning the arm holding the glass against her raised knee "that this is only my third glass" and she looks proud "and that i am perfectly sober~" and she lies between her teeth.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 2:57:44 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Ah. Man.[break]
The stench of a lie never lied, in itself.[break][break]

Another hum resonated softly between his lips before he inhaled deeply, pursing his lips and narrowing his eyes faintly. Although a minor tug played against the corners of his lips, he gave a slightly higher, idling noise as if gently-but-not expressing some form of skepticism in the face of the mannerisms and speech bestowed upon him. ”Weeeeell, I mean, it’s kinda unfair to judge a book by its cover, don’t you think~?” he mused on, still with the rising intonation dancing clear upon his tongue in tandem to the lingering taste of alcohol. He laughed following that. Maybe a bit nervously, but definitely with some bit of amusement, either way. ”Although, thank you. Guess you can say I’m flattered~.”[break][break]

And about to send this bartender a call for help~.[break][break]

But of course, that was a thought kept to none other than himself. Honestly speaking, he hadn’t entirely been sure about how this person would have reacted in the event that it hadn’t been silenced, but he had an odd hunch that she’d take it as some sort of challenge to push a bit harder. After all, being three glasses in and already acting the way she was? Layering that on top of the small little flourishes in gesture that she sought fit to exhibit, whether it be personal or intentional, and he would’ve been able to put two and two together pretty well when thinking about whatever intentions she had— and honestly speaking, he wouldn’t have been too opposed to clowning around a bit.[break][break]

He did have other matters to tend to, though.[break]
He really did intend for this to last no more than a drink or two, on his end.[break][break]

So, he tapped the glass closest to him once more. Twice. Then, he took it by the fingertips before leaning his head back enough to wash the liquor down mere moments following the touch of chilled glass against his lips. It wasn’t entirely gone by the time he set it back down. He intended to finish it, though. ”To be fair, though,” he went on not too long afterwards, ”that’s kinda what a lotta buzzed people say? If I didn’t know any better, I’d definitely think you were one of those people~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 5:39:24 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

there's something. [break][break]

something about the tone, something about the way the smile dances upon his lips. something about the way he speaks, something about the adam's apple that moves along his throat to follow the fluid from the glass he has poured into. it must be the fog that sets over her brain, drawing her attention to the smaller details. it must be herself, craving for something impure (when in reality, she knows she's just lonely, and he just happens to be here, and she starts thinking that maybe she can hold his attention for a little while longer). he speaks in a casual tone, and again, it brings a smile to her lips as she begins to lower the glass back down. the glass is half full, with crimson stained against the rim. [break][break]

she likes this conversation. she likes this person. she wants him to stay. "perish the thought~" the smile raises her cheeks, and she's slightly amused with the accusation (enough to humour it, but not enough to admit its truth) - enough to raise her other hand to gently tap against his forearm - with a soft chuckle. then she pulls it back to her side shortly afterwords, clamping her fingers against the bottom of her seat as her body still leans towards him a slight bit more. another glance at her drink, and she raises it once again to the man who'd still yet to finish his liquor. [break][break]

another soft smile as she makes contact with her bright, emerald eyes "my name is daphne" she starts, glass raised with the cleaner part of the rim tilted towards him "to whom do i owe the pleasure?" and there's so much more she wants to say, and she wants to speed this up, but there's always something in her that will always resort to the formalities (it's only when she's buzzed does she forget that talking to others was always ana's forte).

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 20:02:09 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Now, the next decision he made would be somewhat of a gamble, to say the least. The question of the day by that point was simple:[break][break]

Did he want her to know?[break][break]

Of course, there was a smaller chance that she wouldn’t even remember any answer he’d give her, alongside the possibility of her not even remembering his face, altogether, in the event they even somehow crossed paths again. Such were the cons of the drink, after all. To call it some form of minor amnesia probably would’ve been something of a stretch (far be it for he, the furthest from a medical professional, to make some sort of official and dependable statement about it), but whatever it could be considered had been the exact thing that he was hoping would happen by the time that she was back in a proper state of mind.[break][break]

He spared a glance towards the glass by her fingers, and another once towards the lingering traces of crimson embedded upon the round of it. Purposeful, he could only assume. Another, gentle hum sounded from between his lips as he tapped his fingers against that of his own for several moments more; a soft, repeated clink of contact resounding within his ears a gaze of azure met that of viridian brilliance for a longer while. Before long, however, he shifted has hand a bit further (all while sparing a glance towards his arm, and pondering upon the lingering of her touch from mere moments prior) in order to hook his fingers firmly, around the handle again. ”...Calix~,” he started off simply offering her an extended smile. His eyes hadn’t left hers, even as he pulled the remainder of his drink over and pressed the rim to his lips. ”’Daphne,’ though… Pretty name, not gonna lie~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 21:32:20 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

even she can understand a mistake when she makes one, and it's a sad, sad day when she has to resort to drinking out - in public, no less - to get some company; but there's been a lot more of those sad, sad days, haven't there? it's worse when she realizes she's sitting on her bed, tired and groggy from the morning after to recall the happenings of the day before, and to frantically dash for the door in an attempt to bury a hatchet so deeply. evidence of her presence shouldn't be known, and evidence of her leaving will only be the strand of gold that falls from one of her tied up locks. daphne is a fully grown adult, and sometimes she has to remind herself when she goes out searching for companionship (when she reminds herself that it's okay to sleep once in a blue moon, and it's okay to ignore the ring that once embraced her finger). [break][break]

don't think about it, daphne. [break][break]

click go their glasses tapping against the other, and broader does her amusement spread across her smile. ever the perfectionist, she doesn't allow her lips to touch anywhere save the stain of red against the rim of her glass (it's this part of her that she loathes; the part that shows she's lucid, even to the slightest degree, screaming and kicking for some semblance of awareness). then he compliments her as she's mid sip, and it's so easy for her heart to flutter (and she's no stranger to the feeling of embarrassment that comes with a man outside of work, yet being able to reciprocate is such a foreign taste). a chuckle follow his comment, and she opts to switching her legs over; towards his body, this time. [break][break]

"calix~" the name is easy to say, and distinct enough for her to remember. in the depths of her haze, there's a part of her that thinks 'he isn't a bad person'. it isn't every day she feels that way - and it isn't every day she can speak to a man, but here she is - while holding idle small talk and conversation. she wants to say more; fill the occasional silence with banter and playfulness (alex was always good at that, so why was it difficult for her?), but instead she follows his name up with a quick once over his person, more instinctively. [break][break]

confidence can be faked to a point; the facade breaks hearing his compliment, and hearing that voice say her name (she feels so foolish, she feels the tinge of rose tickling her cheeks and she can't contain the smile that comes with it). "and yours a memorable one" another sip of her wine, and it's a quarter full. she lowers it in front of her and her other hand raises up to take a lock of the hair that hangs by the side of her face to twirl along, then gently clamp between her finger and thumb. it's held there even as she glances back with her ever radiant smile. [break][break]

"do you have plans after leaving the bar?~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:18:08 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

If he had to be honest, there was a little, unspoken something about the way that she repeated his name upon introduction. Within any other sort of scenario, the smile borne upon his lips would have burned brighter with a clarity akin to crystal; the hum of a chuckle that escaped his lips entailing a similar sort of sound as it resounded within the air around them, all the while. On some level, it still did- albeit with a more subtle, almost stifled touch as the corners of his lips tugged upwards within a more restrained manner. Still grazing the tips of his fingers along the glass before him, he gently and repeatedly tapped his nails upon it, procuring a subtle click that persisted for several moments more before ultimately lifting the glass for what would be a final time.[break][break]

Following that, he tilted his head back much like how he had done sometime prior (though not without maintaining her gaze from the corner of his eye). With a gentle caress, he pressed his lips against the edge before allowing the liquor to flow down and against his tongue; carefully taking it in and washing it down as the gentle sting registered within his senses. He remained leaned back just long enough to strain the last of its major contents before setting the containment back upon the varnished surfaces bordering him, all while catching the varied movements that she made. His gaze shifted towards her hand as she fiddled with her hair, and then towards the stain of her own glass once more before eventually meeting her eyes, once more, while barely and finally seeming to take notice of the rosy skin that she offered up for display[break][break]

He hummed within a quiet idleness. ”...Yeah, I guess I get that every so often~,” had been his first choice of response, followed by none more than another laugh of softened amusement. His fingers tapped again, lightly, as he tilted his head and allowed himself the leisure of taking her in that much more. ”...I gotta say, though- I do~.” An apologetic touch embraced the smile that he wore as he shrugged slightly, pressing his lips faintly against one another. ”Places to be~. ...Honestly just planned to stop by here for a drink or two…”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 8:02:06 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

wine is a curious thing. [break][break]

it's sweet, it's bitter, it stings and it's comforting. wine was a visitor she loathed to get the door for, and yet a visitor she has welcomed with open arms on nights where things got difficult (where only the half-way point of a bottle could be her only friend). where was the last place she opened a bottle and had a chat like this? Lightheaded and happy minded with glass nearly filled in hand while wearing such a relaxed, natural smile to her lips. if she wished for a certain kind of drink, however, it would have been simple enough to get an apricorn blended for herself and her pokemon; but the alcohol is intentional, and she knows it isn't healthy. she knows what she's doing, even when she knows the grape drink is best in moderation, or with another meal. [break][break]

it's alright. she'll have her blissey help to care for her when she ultimately gets brought home by her other pokemon. [break][break]

hear, hear as she raises the glass once again to place the rim against supple, crimson lips. red is such a bold colour - for her especially - when her outfit consisted of office white and dark, pencil skirt blue. perhaps it's a good thing that she wasn't throwing herself too much at a man. perhaps it was a good thing that he wasn't trying to bring her to bed. perhaps it was a good thing that he said that he was busy, lest she unintentionally bring him to bed (it's almost sad in a way, how she doesn't realize it). isn't it enough just to be able to talk with someone? isn't it enough that they aren't too put off by your advances? isn't it enough, daphne?[break][break]

there's a drop left in the glass, rolling to a stop hearing him speak. at first, she responds in a hum whilst falling deeper into the haze. secondly she repeats his name in her head, trying to search for it (scared to forget it), and finally her smile dips. you'd think that he kicked her lillipup, with how disappointed green eyes looked as she lowered the finished glass back down to the countertop. "is that so..?" don't stop him, daphne. don't look at him with those eyes, he owes you nothing. don't ask him with that tone of voice, you seem childish. don't lean forward, closer, thinking that he'll slip from your fingers if you let him leave your sight. you're being selfish. [break][break]

weren't you always?[break][break]

"you.. can't stay for longer?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 21:57:37 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

A touch of regret sparked within him.[break][break]

By sole virtue of the company beheld before him being one of enjoyable nature, the apologetic front that he had shown her had been genuine within all of its honest purity, and he had intended to do nothing more than speak a few more words prior to properly taking his leave. At the very least, he would have expected some form of ongoing smile and amusement from her, just as he would from any other within her condition. He would have expected some means of haphazard farewell, alongside a swift means of attention aversion towards the nearest victim to be within his absence, but there, he found himself continuously eying her. It had been then that he became all too reluctantly reminded of one of the main things that made him the man that he was, and at the mercy of a softened heart (it was within those moments that he envied the stubbornness and sturdiness of a ground-type), he tapped his fingers against the translucent mug before him for several moments more before pulling his hand back.[break][break]

With orbs of azure still lingering upon those of viridian, the eastern extremity would have moved itself against his form, once more, and made its way into one of his pockets; only shifting around for but a spell or two prior to returning to the visible eye again. Lodged between his fingers had been his wallet, and - soon after fiddling around for a second time - a smaller journal that he kept with him. After plucking a couple of bills out, he opened his notes to a blank page; bringing forth the pen clipped to the cover and clicking it prior to scribbling a swift note down.[break][break]

He tore it out (alongside a second one that he kept as well out of her sight as he could), folding it and sighing quietly as he offered it towards her. He nodded towards it and her, quirking his lip softly within an encouraging, amused smile. ”...That look is a real showstopper, you know what~...?” he mused on at first, chuckling all the while. Taking but a brief moment to hook the pen upon one of his breast pockets, he joined the journal alongside it before folding the currency bills (though not without inserting the second note within them) and sliding them further along the counter for his tender to see the next time he passed by, going on to turn his attention towards the blonde next to him afterwards. ”Mmn… I really have to go soon, but what if I did say I could stick around? ...Just for a bit longer~?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
「U」
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 9:20:26 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

you're doing it again, daphne. [break][break]

you're putting yourself on full display; you're putting your sadness out for all to see, and you're sad, because things aren't going according to plan (it seems like nothing did go according to plan, but her approach never quite aligned with her eventual goal anyways). look at yourself, daphne, and wallow once again in what could have been and what has been (then suffocate on all your mistakes as you drown yourself further in alcohol; perhaps one day you won't be able to tell the red wine from a pool of blood with the excess you've started to drink. since the war. since he died. since they died). if she drinks a little more, then the memories will fade into obscurity. and she's alright with that. [break][break]

despite her pleas, she's used to it; the people come and go back and fro, and there's no reason nor obligation to stay and entertain a drunken woman who was too far gone into her mind, yet seemingly lucid enough to maintain a conversation (though it's this fact that proves how hazy her mind has become). viridian eyes however, stay fixated on the man as she pleads not to leave. sh wants him to stay, and to talk to her for just a little while longer. keep herself from the thoughts - that threaten to swallow her whole - just a little longer. there's something sad about this display of desperation. there's something pitiful about how she gazes up at him. [break][break]

pathetic. [break][break]

she won't blame him if he left, or if he called her clingy, or looked down upon her with a disappointed gaze (she's used to it, despite running far as she could to avoid them). she's prepar--[break][break]

... does she hear right? [break][break]

there's a smile on his lips the next time she gazes up at him, and his words are soft. they're warm. suddenly there's a slight tinge of comfort that's freckled over her cheeks, and there's a little tingle from the corners of her lips, and a smile comes so naturally once again hearing his voice. he says he'll stay for a little bit longer - not too long, daphne, - but he'll stay. ".. really?" she has to ask again, because she can't believe her ears. somewhere with her foggy brain, she can conjure enough sensibility to smile. smiling was always easier when drunk. being honest was, too. [break][break]

"i'd be really happy if you could stay" she chimes, and her shoulders raise slightly as her cheeks flush rose "i'd love it if you could~."