snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 8:08:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]does she really want to uproot these poor birbs?

her head tilts up to watch them roost in nests atop powerlines. babies chirp and mothers tweet and she finds it harder to do her job after watching one mom feed her baby. god, they're cute. and she has to make them move?

no way. nope. she's putting her foot down on this one.

and that's how she finds herself seated on a bench on the opposite side of the street in fortree, a bag of seed sitting on her lap. a couple of birds are pecking at the ground in front of her. she scatters another handful of seed after a few moments of soothing chirping fills her ears.

this was a good decision.

her head turns, then, as a familiar face wanders past. and before she can think otherwise, she's calling out with a warm smile and a slight wave of her hand.

"hey, you were at the soiree, weren't you?" she remembers the girl enough to recognize her facial structure. a name, unfortunately, escapes her. her smile spreads wider. it's welcoming, cozy, perhaps even affectionate. "the beautiful princess, right?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 16:47:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]featherlight, featherweight
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]may hopes carry us to that blue, blue sky
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You know it's really dangerous for you and your babies to stay there, momma birb!"
[break][break]
For the fourth time in a week, Eris finds herself chirping at the family of feathered beauties and frowning a little. If the city wants to ensure the flow of its electrity, it has to pass the currents through this exact line. But in doing so, it might just turn the little chicks into a rather upsetting chicken nugget meal.
[break][break]
So it's a problem, a dilemma if you will - Move the birbs and risk hurting them or tell the people in the city to go cry themselves a river. Somehow, one option seems way better than the other! As for which it is...
[break][break]
"Oh, you're the princess that Remy wanted to dance with! Miss uhm... I- Illie?" There's a bit of a struggle for her to remember the details. After all, the past few weeks have been somewhat of a blur, filled with tons of anxiety, anger and depression that have been left untouched for now. "What are you doing here?"
[break][break]
Though she speaks with a smile and hops a little, there's almost no hiding the way she subconsciously steps closer to her Luxray. Nor the way her fingers clutch at his mane whilst his tail curls around her arm.
[break][break]
"Y- you're not here with special people from the League or anything, right?"
[break][break]
Especially not a certain salmon-haired man...
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#e55d72;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 0:02:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]cheeks radiate warmth and she's waving a hand in the air as if to dispel the title. while she'd probably be a pretty princess, she lacks any and all qualities required of such a position.

"yes, that's me," her smile grows a little wider. "it's nice to see you again! i don't believe i caught your name last time we met, my apologies..."

another round of seed for the birbs is tossed lazily to the side. they flock over to it, beaks ready to peck into pavement. it keeps them occupied for a few moments. and once they all settle over the seed, illeana's shifting to make room for eris on the bench, patting the open space in invitation.

"feeding the birds," she murmurs. her eyes drift toward the nest tangled into powerlines for a moment before settling back onto eris. her smile is almost turning sheepish at the corners. "i couldn't bring myself to move their home."

the sidestep closer to her furry luxray is observed with curiosity. her eyes linger on the way fingers curl into mane a little too long, perhaps. and the question that follows... it provides a little insight but not enough for her to form a hypothesis.

"no, definitely not," she reaffirms softly. fuck that salmon haired guy. "actually, i'd be honored if you'd like to keep me company?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 14:36:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh, I'm Eris! Eris Halla!" She chirps, bouncing a little on her feet as she watches the seeds scatter amidst the flock. "You don't wanna move their home either, huh?"
[break][break]
With the slight bit of reassurance and the kindness that is drawn from Illeana's choices, she seems a little more at ease, daring to shift a little closer. Though, it's still not far enough to be entirely separated from Reiner - Not that the Luxray seemed willing to let her get too close to strangers nowadays.
[break][break]
"I tried telling the police officers that we shouldn't move them, but they didn't wanna listen." Scuffing her heel against the ground, Eris pouts as her gaze wanders up towards the nest. Every so often, she'll tear her gaze away from the birds, sneaking a peek at the seeds that the other carries. "Said something about orders or... not enough pay?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 4:29:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]eris halla... a lovely name for a lovely girl. she commits it to memory, adding it to the small file for eris in her mind. it's left open, as if she's going to gather more notes before the day is done.

"eris," she repeats with a warm smile. "i like your name!"

chirps fill the area around them as birbs continue to pick at seeds. and lazily, she tosses another handful out. the birds finish their current seed and quickly flock to more.

"they seem too happy up there," she murmurs, head tilting up to stare at the nest. from here, she can just barely see little heads bobbling around. cuties. "plus it's not good to move them once there's babies."

ah, that makes sense. her head bobs in understanding. the cops in this area, unfortunately, do not get paid enough to care about birds and their homes. although... would they care even if their pay was higher? she has a feeling that no, they wouldn't.

"they'll get over it if we don't move them," her shoulders roll in a mild shrug, as if it's not their problem anyway. if the cops want to be upset, that's on them. there's more going on in the world than leaving nests alone.

her eyes return to eris as the girl is occasionally staring at the seed. and really, she should've offered sooner. the bag is extended without another thought, her smile widening slightly.

"would you like to feed them?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 4:45:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You do?" Mild surprise colours her words, though she does her best to shove the emotions aside. "Momma chose that name for me, but pa always preferred my other name. Said that Eris was pretty but it could also be understood as chaos."
[break][break]
He wasn't wrong though. Amidst her handful of crayons, boundless energy and faithful companion in crime, Eris had been a rather rowdy child that no one could hope to contain. Reiner growls as he playfully jostles her, to which she messes with his mane in return.
[break][break]
"Oh- Yeah, I'd like to feed them!" All it takes is an offer to pull their antics apart, her hands reaching out to take a handful and scatter them. "I remember feeding Pidgeys and Doduos in the forest when I was super young! And if you were lucky, you'd get to see them migrate as flocks!"
[break][break]
As Reiner curiously sticks his nose towards the scattered seeds, he finds his muzzle swarmed by a crowd of forming feathers - Younger birds that have yet to develop a sense of danger and self-preservation. Not that the Luxray would ever hurt them. With his one gremlin and the multiple baby pokemons he's had to babysit all his life, he's more or less grown used to this.
[break][break]
"Have you ever seen stuff like that before?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:15:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i do," her smile grows. "i think it's pretty! meanings behind names aren't always fitting, either. unless, of course, you like chaos?" her tone dips into teasing by the ending syllables, an eyebrow raising slightly.

fondness overtakes as reiner jostles eris. they're a cute pair. thick as thieves, even. and while she doesn't know eris or even reiner well, their bond is something she finds herself cherishing. it's pure, untainted, untouched even when the world can be so cruel.

illeana makes a mental note, then, to ensure it never breaks.

eris takes a handful of seed and scatters it. the birbs shift and shuffle in a slight flurry of feathers and chirps. they settle a moment later, happily eating to their hearts content. her gaze drops to watch, observing as reiner noses the seed curiously. her smile widens slightly and fully grows as a memory is supplied from eris's childhood.

"they must have adored you for feeding them," she coos.

the question makes her pause, makes her head tilt slightly off kilter beneath the concept.

"witness migration?" her head shakes a moment later. "no, i haven't been lucky enough to see it. seems to me that you're special enough to see it!" truthfully, birds from her region rarely migrated near her hometown. snowpoint city is not a destination birds want to visit for vacation... and since moving to hoenn, she still has yet to see any flocks heading south.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
featherweight
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 8:12:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Kinda! I like colourful chaos! Like fireworks and flower showers!"
[break][break]
All little things that remind her of home.
[break][break]
"Momma always told me that we should love and protect the pokemon we meet. Always be kind and treat them like friends to the best of your abilities." Scattering a few more seeds, Eris barely flinches when some of the braver birds perch on her shoulder. "And yeah, I was kinda lucky. We lived near the forest outside of the city, so there was always plenty of wildlife..."
[break][break]
But it's probably all razed to the ground now - Her home, her forest, her region.
[break][break]
"We'd be in a treehouse, high up off the ground. Then we'd camp there with binoculars and see what we could see."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
featherweight
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 6:05:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]colorful chaos... she doesn't realize it yet but it's a fitting concept.

"yes, absolutely," she murmurs. her smile stretches and spreads until there's a familiar ache in her cheeks. "your mother sounds like a wise woman."

truthfully, it's the same advice she'd give out. her own morality carried by others of a similar nature almost makes her proud to hear the concept uttered back to her.

tons of wildlife... it sounds lovely. unfortunately, snowpoint city did not have such an experience. majority of the pokemon she grew up near were into pretending to blend into the trees. well, on the rare occasion that her parents let her outside instead of pouring her into whatever scientific concepts they wanted to hammer into her brain.

"definitely lucky!" the smile widens as her eyes absorb the sight of eris with birbs perched on her shoulder. somehow, it looks right and good and pure. she hopes that never changes.

"i'm a little jealous, actually," she giggles. "it must be an incredible thing to see the wildlife in their natural roles." untouched, unbothered... simply thriving in their own little bubble. not forced to battle, to maim and kill... pokemon in their purest forms. yeah, she's definitely jealous.

"you know, you might be able to do the same thing here." perhaps, anyway. she's not quite certain about the migration patterns of hoenn's native pokemon but with a little luck and research, they'd be able to see something.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
featherweight
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 11:31:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She can't put it into words but the wistful smile that tugs at her lips is probably more than enough acknowledgement of the compliment. Her mother had indeed been the wisest person she had ever known, despite her whimsicality and tendency to forget those closest to her whilst chasing things far beyond her reach. The more she lingers on the thought, the emptier her heart feels, her emotions trickling right through her fingertips even though she tries to grasp onto this fleeting moment.
[break][break]
"Mhmm! I've been studying the movements of pokemon through certain parts of the region! There aren't really a lot of pokemon that would leave a mostly summery place like this but I think we might be able to see the arrival of Galarian birds sometime soon! Oh, if you wanna come along and watch, that is!" Humming softly, she finds a distraction in being able to stroke the chests of the birds, her fingers tracing over their iridescent feathers and marvelling over just how fluffy they are.
[break][break]
"And if there isn't any, we could come back over the next few days! Just in time to see the baby birds here fly for the first time!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights