Laurence Anderson Avatar
'Mission' Details here

[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
hello welcome to Chili's I mean wat.

Okay that was completely unexpected. After that rather…surprising date they had a few nights ago, here he was again. Offering himself to join her for a quieter day making some sweet things to eat.

While he didn’t know anything about her family—certainly he rather preferred to keep out of nosy businesses where he didn’t belong unless he was explicitly invited—he’d come over from Verdanturf on his bike, the basket in front loaded with two paper bags that had some baking supplies.

He’d even brought along a small cookbook that his younger sister Léanne had given him before he left—the recipes she’d written down for him to try, seeing as she knew he had a thing for making simple things in the kitchen.

Thing is, it had been a while since he’d done this, so he was a mite rusty. Sure, he got all the ingredients, now the question stood: did she have an oven, or at the very least a tabletop toaster or microwave where he could bake this out for her?

…and is she a fan of cookie dough? He thought idly to himself, wondering if she had the same problem he did when it came to baking and its aftermath: licking the bowl clean of the remainder of the batter. Or if she didn’t, well, he knew some edible cookie dough recipes and had picked up enough supplies for that, too…

Seeing the door, he then gathered his thoughts, before knocking on it three times and waiting for her to answer.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 16:21:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

Back to back with Laurence Anderson. Stormy almost blushed at the thought.[break][break]

Just recently she had gone on a date with the young man, which had been a pleasant surprise. She wasn't really actively searching for someone to spend time with in a more romantic setting, but fooling around and not giving a damn felt kind of.. nice.[break][break]

So when Lars asked her out a second time but on a less formal date, she gladly accepted. [break][break]

Of course, Stormy wasn't really the baking type. She wasn't incredibly skilled in the kitchen, and considering the lack of use of her one leg, it may be a bit difficult for her to move around. [break][break]

She was still willing to give it a go, though.[break][break]

She had just finished washing up the last of her massive pile of dishes - because you know, you always procrastinate till the last minute - when there was a knock at the door of her appartment. [break][break]

"Door is open!"[break][break]

Stormy folded up the drying towel and tucked it back on the handle of the oven before she grabbed her crutch and made her way to the door. Assuming Lars had already let himself in, she breathed out a sigh, wiping a strand of sweaty hair out of her face while smiling awkwardly.[break][break]

"Ahh.. sorry about the mess. I don't usually have company."[break][break]

There was a flash of heat across her cheeks, signalling she was embarrassed.[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 15:53:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
oh look what a mess he is

“Okay, I’m coming in!” he called out once he heard Stormy’s voice coming from somewhere deeper inside the place where she lived, stopping over by the rug to wipe down his boots before letting himself inside.

Once he’d closed the door, it was a chore and a half to get out of said boots, because he liked wearing high-cut ones that came so very close to his knees.

After he’d picked up the paper bags and had made his way over to the small but modest living room, he then sat down on it, setting the paper bags down and watching her hobble out of the kitchen to find him seated on the couch. “Hey, look, it’s no big deal. I figured, since I made you come all the way out to my hometown, I’d return the favor and make it easier for you by coming here,” he said, noticing that there was a tinge of embarrassment on her face.

Oh, where did that come from? He thought idly, his gaze lingering on her cheek for a few moments before returning back to the paper bags he’d brought along with him.

“Hey, so I figured… why not I make you something to cheer you up. You know, if you have a sweet tooth and all that. I have a little collection of recipes my sister wrote down for me, all I need to ask is, do you have like an oven toaster or something? he inquired a few moments later, hoping that she did.

Otherwise he’d have to default to making the edible cookie dough instead from scratch, but would she like it?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 17:16:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Stormy heard the door open and close, but it took several minutes before she heard anyone come towards the kitchen. She almost dropped everything to come to see, but just as she was about to, Lars appeared.[break][break]

They met in the living room, and Lars was wielding two paper bags of.. groceries. She looked from the bags to her friend quizzically.[break][break]

"I don't mind traveling to be honest with you. It's a thrill, and I like to see things in Hoenn I've never seen before."[break][break]

Her gaze catches his own as they lock onto her warm cheeks. She swipes at her cheeks as if to try and wipe away her embarrassment.[break][break]

"It's.. hot in here. I'm going to go open a window."[break][break]

She laughs nervously, before limping away to open a window in the kitchen.[break][break]

Lars continues to talk while she's out, but she hears what he says crystal clear. At the mention of a toaster oven, she glances over at the exact object. Though she's never used it.[break][break]

"Uh.. I think I have one, but I've never used it. I don't even know what to use it for."[break][break]

Though her heart sinks as he reminds her of what's got her so under the weather. Her grief for her fallen friend is still fresh in her mind. Cheering her up was nearly impossible lately.[break][break]

"That's very sweet of you, Lars. I do like sweets, actually."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 17:45:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he caught her blushing! >/////>

The nervous laughter wasn’t lost on him, and while she busied herself with opening a window in the kitchen, his mind was basically going a mile a minute—the sudden nervousness?

Where did that come from?

He wasn’t quite used to seeing her like this, and for some reason he found it really cute. He knew as much as anyone else who was familiar with Stormy’s general attitude that she was an impatient little hothead, but wow…

“Having you go all the way out to Sootopolis was worth it, though. Don’t you think?” he hummed a few moments later, relishing the silence for a few moments before addressing her again. At the mention of the oven toaster, his tense shoulders relaxed—he didn’t know he’d been holding them in a certain position up until that point. “That’s good enough, at least we can make this stuff together,” he continued as he stood up from the couch and picked up the paper bags before heading to the kitchen himself.

Now if she’d notice that he was wearing bright orange bunny-faced socks then that was something to see. But anywho…

Once he’d arrived in the kitchen, his eyebrows went up slightly at the pile of rinsed dishes by the sink, but said nothing about it as he began to pull out the flour, baking soda, carton of eggs, a stick of butter, and a pack of baking chocolate chips.

“Now, my other important question is: what kind of chocolate do you like? Because I’m going to be baking something for the both of us, and you get first taste once I’m done mixing the dough together. Although the ‘baking’ will take a while since you have an oven toaster and not a legit oven, but… well, he trailed off as he reached into the second bag and pulled out bananas, a can of whipped cream, before finally extracting one of the other bigger things at the very bottom—a tub of ice cream.

“You game for banana splits afterward?” he asked a few moments later.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 16:39:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

"Of course! I'd never have thought to stay out there past dark."[break][break]

To be fair though, that was because she was a little afraid of the dark. If she couldn't see, she couldn't protect herself. [break][break]

She glances over her shoulder as he enters the kitchen. The bags interest her, as the last time someone had come over, he had brought wine and snacks. Granted, she figured that wine wasn't in the menu this afternoon, but she was still curious to see what, exactly, Lars had brought.[break][break]

"Here, let me help you unpack. You're the guest, after all."[break][break]

It takes her a moment but she approaches him, standing on a tiptoe so she can peek inside. One at a time, she reaches in to retrieve different items, setting them down on the counter next to her.[break][break]

She takes a second to look over the ingredients she's helped Lars uncover, and she sits back and thinks on what they could possibly make.[break][break]

"I take it we're baking cookies?"[break][break]

Stormy glances up at him, smiling at the mention of chocolate.[break][break]

"I like any kind of chocolate, I'm not too picky."[break][break]

Her eyes widened in surprise though as he mentioned banana splits. Her stomach grumbles in anticipation and she laughs.[break][break]

"Sounds amazing."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 16:02:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
so apparently he's not the only one with a sweet tooth lol

“Do you have a bowl?”

He then pulled out a few more ingredients—how could he forget the fucking brown sugar and the small bottle of vanilla extract, whoops—before setting out the butter and hoping it would melt quickly. “Obviously we’re going to have to cheat a little with the oven, but at the same time…

He then moved over to where the oven toaster was and checked the inside, pleased to see that the metal rack inside looked new—maybe a little too new?

“Did you ever use this?” he asked her a few moments later, searching for the matches and then lighting the small stove. Pulling out the small metal rack from inside, he then searched for some foil and wrapped it around the rack, and then eventually greased some wax paper before wrapping it above the foil and returning it to the inside of the toaster.

“Can you keep an eye on that? I’ve got to mix the thing together,” he said, reaching for the small, neatly-bound notebook. Obviously, the writing on it wasn’t his, seeing how flowing and obviously feminine it was. Flipping it open, he then found the recipe for chocolate cookies and propped it open on that page, quickly moving across the counter and puling another bowl out before finding a small strainer and setting it over that.

Once the flour, baking soda and salt had been sifted together, he set that bowl aside before reaching for the much larger bowl and hunting down a spoon—a wooden spoon. If there was none he’d have to make do with a spatula at that point. In the second bowl, he combined the butter, brown sugar, white sugar until it reached the consistency he was looking for.

Examining the mixture, he then pondered his sister’s handwriting before adding in a dash of vanilla extract, the egg, and had some problems trying to separate the egg yolk but he’d managed by using his own hand as a sifter and catching the clear white and chucking the yolk into the mixture once he’d managed to separate it.

“Well, this is halfway…” he mused, looking over at Stormy.

“Do you have a fridge or something? Where we can stash the ice cream until later, this is like halfway done…”

the recipe for chonky cookie om nom nom

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 16:19:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Whenever he would ask for a certain item, be it a bowl or a wooden spoon, she would immediately look through her own drawers as if she also didn't know where they were.[break][break]

She was successful every time, however, bringing forth exactly what he asked for.[break][break]

"Used it? Oh, no. I usually make microwavable food or stuff on the stove. I don't stay here long, I'm far too busy."[break][break]

And, while Lars busied himself with the hard work, Stormy leaned one elbow on the counter and dutifully watched the oven he had asked her to. Maybe she was watching a little too hard, but it's fine.[break][break]

Every once in a while she would glance over at what he was doing, watching as he folded in the chocolate chips and mixed it all together.[break][break]

She was just reaching to pluck a chocolate chip out of the sticky dough when he turned around to look at her.[break][break]

Stormy jumped, popping the chip in her mouth sheepishly before looking over at the ice cream.[break][break]

"Yeah, of course I have a fridge. It's just mostly empty."[break][break]

Scooping up the container of yummy coldness, she then placed it in the fridge to slow down it's melting process.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 16:49:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
it of a timeskip, and then some reflection.

“Thank Arceus you have a stove at least,” he said with a chuckle as the ice cream and whipped cream were swept away to the small fridge he hadn’t noticed, at least not until now. Taking another glance at the oven toaster, he was about to continue folding more chocolate chips in when he caught her reaching for one… and promptly burst into a fit of laughter.

“Oh, gods, you do that too?” he remarked, taking a little piece of cookie dough and rolling it into a ball before he popped it into his mouth. Taste-test quality, of course! Once he’d gotten a feel for the mix, he dumped in more chocolate chips, to be on the safe side.

“Can’t be chocolate chips if they’re more cookie than chocolate at this point, right,” he continued with a smirk as he folded the rest in before looking once more at the oven toaster. “Going to need an oven mitt or something. How thick do you want these to be?”

After hearing her answer in the time that passed, he’d eventually bring out the wax paper-wrapped tray form the oven toaster and begin dropping little balls of dough, spacing it out as much as he could. It wasn’t until he realized the small size of the tray did it hit him that they were going to have to make this in several batches.

“Get the tray ready for these little suckers,” he said as he popped it into the oven toaster and began counting in the back of his head.

Once he’d managed to scrape the entire bowl out of dough (and they were now faced with the chunkiest-looking chocolate-chip cookies he’d ever made that were now piled in a pyramid-like stack on a plate) and had split the remnants of the cookie dough between themselves, he then went to the fridge and brought out the ice cream.

“Truth be told we could have ice cream cookie sandwiches or banana splits. What do you prefer?” he asked as he cracked the tub of ice cream open and came back with a couple of spoons. The bunch of bananas was sitting between them on the table, waiting to be either attacked or ignored…

…this may be little in comparison to what the fuck we went through after that disaster of a rescue mission, but hey, I tried to cheer you up. I… I haven’t told you much about Suijin, have I,” he began quietly as he began scraping some ice cream out of the tub and was making an ice cream cookie sandwich for himself.

“He… was a gift from my mother. That’s why… it still hurts, you know. We grew up together. It was me, him, and Ro… you haven’t met my Swablu yet, she’s a gift from my sister… Alpha you already encountered. In a way… Alpha’s really the first ‘mon I managed to catch myself. Gave Sui a hell of a run for his money, and then…” he continued with a quiet little sigh, grabbing another cookie and smashing it atop the piece that he was holding.

“This… you know that feeling, right? That one of your longest friends and companions…” he added a few moments later, before taking a bite out of the sweet sandwich he’d made.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 18:23:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

She couldn't help but laugh as he laughed at her, rolling a ball of dough and popping it into his mouth. [break][break]

"Damn right, chocolate is life."[break][break]

Lars busily made the cookies, expertly arranging them in the tray she brought up. As requested, they were thick and ooey-gooey.[break][break]

---[break][break]

After a few moments of smelling the aromatic and sweet cookies, Lars brought up two equally delicious options. Ice cream cookie sandwiches, or banana splits?[break][break]

Knowing she was going to go the selfish route, she brought out a couple of bowls and spoons, holding them both up with an innocent and playful look on her face.[break][break]

"Why not... both?"[break][break]

Cookie, ice cream, and a banana split sounded a lot more fun than just one or the other.[break][break]

Stormy hesitated though as Lars began to talk about his Swampert. She frowned, feeling a pang of sympathy for the man.[break][break]

"I'm sorry for your loss. I understand what you're going through, and I appreciate the effort you've put in to make me feel better. But really, I'm fine. It'll take some time to get over... get over Tapati. But I will, I'll be okay."[break][break]

She's smiling but there's a cloud of grief over her eyes, making her hands falter.[break][break]

After a moment though she shrugs the pain off her shoulders and leads Lars into the living room.[break][break]

"We can settle in here if you want. We can watch a show or something on TV while we indulge in our sweet tooth."[break][break]

Stormy makes herself comfortable on the couch, propping her leg up on a pillow on the counter. After a minute of wiggling to nestle herself in thick blankets and pillows - it's obvious she's probably been sleeping here - she smiles up at Lars.[break][break]

"It sounds like Suijin meant a lot to you. It'll be okay though. I'm sure he's still in your heart, watching over you wherever he might be."[break][break]

Another sad smile, and then she digs in with her spoon, scooping out some delicious cold sweetness. [break][break]

"Mmmmm... just as delicious as I expected it to be."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 18:40:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
kek

“Oh, fair point. Don’t forget the whipped cream, now,” he added as he backtracked to the fridge while carrying the tub of ice cream before helping Stormy into the living room with all the gooey, tooth-rotting chocolate goodies that they were going to be demolishing over the course of the afternoon. He’d actually asked for this entire day off from the courier service he worked with, and seeing as he rarely took rest days from them they’d given him three days off as opposed to the one he’d asked for.

Who was he to argue?

Soon enough they’d settled into the couch in the living room, him peeling bananas and layering them on the bottom of the bowl while he absently sprayed whipped cream around the edges before piling the middle with ice cream and surrounding it with the thick cookies. Hell, this was paradise.

“Shit, I knew I forgot to get the chocolate and caramel sauce,” he realized a few moments later as he looked at the finished product. Once they’d flipped to some movie channel (and was playing some sort of epic fantasy quest involving a ring and a bunch of nine people all travelling together) he then noticed something… rather off about the couch.

He chose to mention it later, though.

“To be fair, Ro and Alpha have been… well, helping. I don’t know. Just… hanging around them… helps me relax and try to forget about it… but I know he’s going to kick my ass if I ever said out loud that I’d forget him because he means a lot to me… what about Tapati? How long have you had him?” he asked, taking a spoonful of ice cream, whipped cream and some banana before cramming it into his mouth.

Mmm, tasty.

“You can thank my sister Léanne for the recipe, it was her brainchild, and I just suggested adding the chocolate chip cookies in them. She prefers adding walnuts in the original recipe,” he hummed a few moments later, turning his attention to the TV for a few moments…

…and then he outright asked.

“Do you… do you not sleep in a proper bed, woman,” he said, a teasing tone on his face. He’d only noticed the pillow now, and how she was curling up into it.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kitchen fiasco! [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 19:28:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

The whole dessert looked fantastic. Stormy couldn't help but watch hungrily as he filled up his bowl with cut up bananas and doused everything in whipped cream and ice cream. [break][break]

For the most part, her focus was entirely on her dessert or on the movie. She was on the edge of her seat at the intense parts, eyes wide as she shovelled more delicious goodness into her mouth.[break][break]

Lars' idly chatter in the background occasionally brought her attention back to him - but honestly she was starting to get tired and cozy.[break][break]

"Her. Tapati was a girl.. I've had her since I landed in Hoenn. She was abandoned on the beach and I sort of just adopted her. I hadn't had her very long, but she meant a lot to me. She was a good friend."[break][break]

She smiled a little bit at the memory of the Torkoal, then shuffled her weight a little bit to look at Lars more effectively.[break][break]

"I'd love to thank your sister one day."[break][break]

Her eyes widened in surprise as she looked down at herself, and she squeezed her pillow, laughing.[break][break]

"Normally I do, but it's become a bit.. difficult to crawl up and down the stairs lately. It's just easier to snuggle into the couch. Also, this couch is probably way more comfortable than my bed anyway."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height