he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
Any day I'll be beautiful. So I'll wait for the day when I make it through.
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 23:53:28 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

The lunar festival in Rustboro was massive, albeit perhaps not as extravagant as the one being held in Mauville. Even so, visitors flocked from the more rural areas outside the city and even other towns to partake in the grandiose display of festivities. Rustboro had poured extra money into this year's festival specifically in an attempt to attract more tourists. And it was working. Food stalls, games, and all manner of delights lined the streets, sprawling for blocks and blocks.[break][break]

Cap had convinced Virgil to let him set up a small Ritual stall along one of the main food thoroughfares. It could be good to use the festival to drum up some tourist business of their own, after all. Even if they didn't start pulling regulars from out of town, they could make a quick buck or two with one night's work. It was a win-win. He hadn't necessarily asked permission to bring Slate along, but it was better to come back with great profits and ask forgiveness, right?[break][break]

Cap sure hoped so, because Slate's steady presence at their little stall was the only reason he was able to take a break. Cap left the older man to field the orders while he wandered around the festival itself, sampling food and admiring the decorations that lined the streets.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.caprice]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7b6678;[/newclass]

[newclass=.caprice b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 17:16:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

What was it with New Year’s-related festivals always being held in or around the Rustboro area?

Was it because of the Galarian embassy nearby? Was it because of the congregation of people that would make the trip to the city, far away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger cities?

He would never know.

Anyway—

Of course the people milling around were in thematically appropriate outfits, so of course he wasn’t going to show up sticking out like a sore thumb. And who knew he would’ve found the yukata during the cleaning he’d done a few months ago?

So…

Here he was, walking around with a platter of the exact same dango he’d ordered last year (that booth was a hit so he’d dropped by and ordered quite a pile of them again because they were just that good) and was wandering around—considering that he’d been advised to ditch the cane gradually.

So today was a test, as well.

It didn’t take him too long to find someone familiar—

“Fancy seeing you here,” he hummed, mischievous grin on his face as he spotted Cap.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 5:24:56 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

Cap silently cursed that he'd been willing to work at the Ritual stall for so long. There was no way he was going to be able to see the entirety of the festival before it got too late—or, rather, he got too drunk. He'd wasted too many hours doing something as frivolous as making money. Ah, well, at least that meant he had money to spend. In with one hand, out with the other, he supposed. He meandered his way from stall to stall, his third pint of beer in hand, sampling any free foods. Or ones that came with a five-finger discount.[break][break]

A voice caught his attention and he turned, catching sight of Alexei after a moment. A grin spread across his face and he lifted his beer in a sort of hello toast.[break][break]

"Well, well, look who's taking a break from cleaning out dusty old closets to come slum it with the rest of us. You need more blackmail to fill up that phone?" He gestured to the surrounding crowd. They weren't getting rowdy yet, but the night was still young. Cap was sure there would be more than a few people making fools of themselves before everyone turned in for the night.

[break][break]

[newclass=.caprice .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.caprice .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 13:53:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Only if there’s like, people I know doing stupid shit around here,” he cackled as he slid off another dango from the stick he was balancing in his fingers and ate the treat.

“Sadly, though, nobody familiar yet,” he added with a chuckle.

Which was also fine because there were a lot of booths to hit, food to try, and extra pocket money to burn!

“Have you tried the dango yet? Here, have some. I got a lot from one of the stalls over there,” he offered the plate stacked with the sticky, sweet treat slathered in sauce. “I might go back around and grab some more because honestly I haven’t eaten much today…”

The rest of the sentence went unsaid because to be honest, there were just days when he wanted to do nothing but eat from food stalls. Today just happened to be one of those instances…

“Drinking, so early? he cackled as he noticed the pint the other was holding.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 0:58:14 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

Cap made a mental note not to do anything stupid. Not that it was a habit of his, mind, but he didn't need anyone wandering around with video proof of his shenanigans. Especially not a gym leader.[break][break]

Alexei offered up a dango and Cap graciously grabbed a stick. He pulled one of the chewy treats off with his teeth and hummed. "Oh those are good. I'm a sucker for anything sweet, though." A weakness, to be sure. Cap nodded when Alexi suggested he might hit the dango stall again. "I haven't had a chance to eat today, so I'm down to wander the food stalls."[break][break]

As if on cue, he gave his beer pint a swirl and grinned. "Hey, I'm a bartender. I never stop drinking. It's basically part of the job description. Speaking of," he paused to gesture back the way he came. "If you're in the mood for a drink, the bar I work at has a stall right back that way. Slate makes an okay cocktail, I guess." He winks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 22:18:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Anything sweet, huh?

“Well, there’re lots more stalls down that way,” he gestured as he pointed with the plate in the direction he came from, “…and it’s not just dango they got. There’s also this one stall with a really long line that sells freshly-made taiyaki—if you can stand waiting in line!”

He cackled for a bit after that.

“But honestly, all the food stalls smell delicious. I think I saw one selling ramen…”

At the mention of him being a bartender, he blinked. Oh, dang. Another common ground!

“Oh, how long have you been bartending? I used to be one, too…”

And during those days down at Trashy Rascal’s down at Slateport… boy, that was a time. One of the craziest times of his life.

“Do you get hit on a lot when you bartend?” he followed up.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 1:55:27 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

Cap followed the gesture with his gaze, looking across the stalls that lined the road with a discerning eye. He did, however, perk up at the word taiyaki. His head whipped around and he pinned Alexei with a faux-wild-eyed stare.[break][break]

"I love taiyaki. I will fistfight everyone in that line." He giggled and started to lead them down the path. Maybe the line for the taiyaki place wouldn't be that bad. Or maybe he would just cause a scene and ut the line. Cap wasn't above something devious to get a delicious cake in the shape of a fish. His eyebrows popped up when Alexei mentioned bartending "Oh yeah? I've been doing it for forever. Since before I was old enough to drink, if I'm honest. I work over at Ritual in Slateport. You should come by sometime." He sucked a breath through his teeth and rolled his eyes a bit. "Incessantly," he admitted. "Shit that sounds kind of arrogant, doesn't it? But you know how it is." He had no doubts Alexei's tips had been very good.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 16:48:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Last I checked the line was like ten minutes long,” he cackled as he watched Cap’s expression light up at the mention of the fish-shaped sweet treat. “Hopefully the line isn’t as long as it was when I passed by earlier.”

Ritual—?

Well, the bar he worked with previously was Trashy Rascal’s…

“That’s one of the newer watering holes around Slateport, right?” he inquired. “Haven’t heard of the place until you mentioned it. I worked at Trashy Rascal’s, like…” he trailed off, before chuckling that eventually devolved into an outright cackle.

“I started bartending the moment I fucking arrived here in Hoenn from Unova. I was what, seventeen at the time. Kept at it until I turned twenty-four because well, I can’t be doing the same thing forever, you know.”

At the mention of him also getting hit on when he was at work, he literally cackled.

“I got hit on so much by all the ladies. I kind of got on the wrong side of a couple of their angry boyfriends, even if I explained to them that I’m gay as the day is long,” he explained.

“I even had to play the ‘fake boyfriend’ card with a friend of mine when he’d come by for a drink or two. It’s fucking bedlam.”

Another stick devoid of dango, before he started munching on another stick.

“…but I will not deny, the tips are out of this world. Legit. I was able to save up enough just from all those tips I got so I could buy the land where the Sanctuary stands on today… who knew land was cheap out at Fortree?”

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 2:43:47 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

"New to me, at least," he said with a shrug, eyeballing the various treats they passed. "Seems like it's been there for a bit, the clientele has just kind of fallen off. I'm trying to get some more interest in it." Cap couldn't help but join in Alexei's cackling. "No shit, you too? Granted I was in Johto at the time. But I must've been sixteen, seventeen." Hopefully I won't be doing the same thing forever, either. The nightlife was fun, but he saw a strange and bitter future every time he talked with Slate.[break][break]

Cap cackled at the fake boyfriend stories. He'd had to pull that trick himself more than once, though the angry partners of people he'd flirted with rarely took it quite as graciously as he'd hoped. Still, the risk was worth the reward every time. He reached over and grabbed another dango from Alexei's plate, wrinkling his nose and smiling.[break][break]

"Well who wants to live all the way out in Fortree?" He took a bite of the dango and winced. That sounded shitty. "No offense! I just couldn't imagine living somewhere so rural. I've been in big cities all my life. The hustle and bustle is necessary for my survival at this point, I think." What did people do all day in towns like Fortree and Oldale? Sit and watch the grass grow, he supposed.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 19:59:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, Fortree’s close to nature, and I don’t mind the quiet—it reminds me of home… oh, you didn’t know? I’m not really from Hoenn,” he began as they headed over to the taiyaki stand.

…crap.

“Oh, come on, the line’s longer than earlier?” he groaned as his shoulders slumped down. “Yikes, I was right after all, the line is pretty long,” he apologized in the blonde’s direction.

“Well, nothing to it than to fall in line and wait… and get a lot of taiyaki all at once so we don’t come back here for the rest of the day,” he added with a cackle.

As for what he meant earlier—

“Well, with the ‘fake boyfriend’ take I had to pull, I agreed to do with my best friend at the time—” he continued, before the faintest hint of a blush crossed his face.

“I said at the time because we’re together now,” he admitted, looking away as he rid another stick of dango of its contents.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 0:59:09 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

"Oh yeah?" He was always curious where others had come from. There were a lot of transplants to Hoenn, he'd discovered. Plenty from Johto and Kanto, but even more from places he'd never even visited. Unova, Alola, Almia. There was a faint hope he could travel one day. For fun, not because a boss sent him somewhere. All thoughts of far-off places were erased when he saw the line to the taiyaki stand. He groaned dramatically.[break][break]

As they filed into the line, Cap patted his pocket. "I made some good tips. I will not shy away from spending every cent of it on taiyaki." It was true, too. He'd done it before, he'd do it again. Cap was a man with no shame when it came to tasty fish cakes.[break][break]

He eyed Alexei with a lopsided grin, nudging the other with his elbow. "Together, huh?" He waggled his eyebrows as the line crept forward. "That's one way to hook a man. Well, spill it. What's his name? How long have you two been together?" He craved the gossip.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 2:29:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He cackled.

“Tips are always good wherever you go when you bust out the fancy-ass mixology, screw the location,” he agreed with a grin as they fell in line. Geez, at this rate it was going to be like what, twenty minutes?

The taiyaki was just that damned good! No wonder people kept returning for more and more.

“Legit, you’re gonna spend it all on taiyaki?” he blinked, a little shocked at the proclamation. “But what about ramen? What about those takeaway sushi plates? Are you just really gonna drop all your cash on taiyaki?”

…well at least he knew how to bribe the other guy whenever he would go by the bar. Haha!

Oh shit, now he wanted the goods.

“Haha,” he chuckled. “We’ve known each other for what, a decade and spare change now,” he shared. “We met when I first got here from Unova… I am never going on a ship again, sick the entire way… and boy that was a hell of a journey.”

He couldn’t help but cackle.

“Well… he’s a really private kind of guy, you know?” he continued, although…

“I can show you this, though.”

Balancing the dish of dango in one hand, he dug out his phone with the other hand and scrolled a few moments through the Camera reel of his phone until he found the picture he was looking for.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 1:30:43 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

Cap leaned out sideways, eyeballing the extent of the line. How could he make these people vacate his queue? The wheels were turning, ideas rumbling around in his head. His fingertips tapped the top of one of the Pokeballs on his belt. What were the chances he'd just get kicked out? Alexei asked if he was really planning to spend all of his money on fried cakes and he clapped his hands together with determination, looking the other man straight in the eyes. "Who cares about ramen when there's taiyaki?" He could only hold the expression of disbelief for a moment before he grinned again. "Anyhow, Slate will probably spot me a couple of bucks for sushi. He knows how broke I am."[break][break]

The line crept forward again, Cap bouncing impatiently on the balls of his feet. He could smell the little bean-filled cakes. They smelled so good. Alexei leaned over and showed him a picture of the partner in question, and Cap was distracted from his taiyaki mission. He tilted his head, grinning at the picture on the phone.[break][break]

"Oooooh," he cooed, bringing a hand up to his mouth. "He's cute. Good catch, Alex." He resisted the ever so slight urge to swipe on the picture, see if anything incriminating came up. "You said you're from Unova, huh? What city?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 18:14:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“More like we fell into each other’s arms, it’s crazy,” he cackled as he pocketed the phone—just in time because the line for taiyaki was moving forward!

The smell grew more and more pronounced the closer they got to the stall, and man even he wanted to drop some cash on the stall because he was getting hungry too!

The dango had almost run out, and there were only a few more sticks remaining—best to eat them slowly, but then again he was hungry hangry so he picked up two sticks and slid off the contents in one go.

Munch, munch.

Was he that hungry? You bet.

“Mistralton. Tiny-ass little city in between three mountain ranges, so when it’s winter it gets really cold there. Not that I minded, though, because I can’t stand extreme heat. Summers up there were just… right,” he ended with a wistful tone.

his outfit

close tab

played by

Jack

Cap
he/him
April 5
Goldenrod City
aro/ace
Bartender
Grunt
19 height
19 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caprice
Caprice Isaac
ramble on [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 4:23:50 GMT
Caprice Isaac Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caprice"]

"Tripped off a ship and into the arms of a cutie, huh? Must've been a warm welcome to Hoenn." He couldn't help but grin as Alexei managed to down two whole sticks of dango in one go. Like a snake. He tried to stifle a giggle. In fairness, that was going to be him in about five minutes when he had a plate of taiyaki in front of him. There was nothing to keep a man from his fried fish cakes.[break][break]

He nodded along to Alexei's explanation of his hometown. "Not a fan of the heat, huh? See, I'm just the opposite. I hate cold. I'd much rather be on a sunny beach any day." A beach sounded nice right about now. Ah, but the line was moving forward again, and Cap decided this was the perfect spot to be. For the moment. "I thought Hoennian winters were supposed to be pretty mild, but this year has been cold. Like... disgustingly so."

[break][break]