jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 11:22:58 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
her doubt is like a sharp knife.

the warmth is a distant time. it is what reminds him of the past and the meddlesome young woman. those bright golden shades stare into the binding with indifference and the same distant look. 

silence expands itself beneath the hovering chatter, the shift in her previous concern overwritten by realization. perhaps she knows by now that there is truly nothing holding him back. how can one possible have something given the circumstances. 

especially for a criminal.

"perhaps..." he starts, mulling over exactly what all could have entailed to this greeting, "...rekindle probably...only an idiot would go after a deity for the wrong reasons," pausing, he adds, "the impact it had on jirachi is a great example." the way he says it sounds bitter and resentful of those from before.

the league, in his eyes, was warped beyond measure.
when he looks back up at cait, he thinks otherwise.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 12:57:55 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i'm relieved to hear that."

she began to return the unused bandage to the kit, ensuring that everything contained within was neatly arranged before latching it shut. 

"... 
but i'd recommend against recklessness," she advised, her tone gentle. "just be careful, alright? or at least try to be?

cait stood and returned her medical equipment to the bathroom before giving her hands a thorough wash. smears of crimson soiled the flesh of her fingers, and she'd frown as it was washed away. 

"
you're free to stick around if you like. i can cook something - and i've got plenty of food stored away that your team should enjoy."

she exited the lavatory as she said this while shooting him a curious look. 

'i wonder if he eats on a regular basis?' 

then again, she surmised that rocket ensured that their people were - at the very least - adequately fed.  

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
the restless is the mind, hollow human.
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 12:51:38 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
he examines the binding, bothered by the distant occurrence before her voice reaches him. there is something meaningful when he looks up, the recognition for the other passing through like a fleeting star; brilliant but so quickly gone

difficult given his line of work, he remains quiet, the heaviness of the breath oozing by his lips like liquid. sometimes the weight is just enough to make it feel like he truly could be drowning. 

"are you sure?" hunger passes. rising and falling in waves it is easily ignored till it can no longer shift further. "...if you don't mind then..." he says, recalling fira outside and the savage little mutt within the capsule. pokemon and humans alike are a lot more understandable when offered food. 

for the sake of cait however— he neglects that idea. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 13:21:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"it's no problem. to be perfectly honest, i think a home cooked meal will do you some good."

pleased by his acceptance of her kindly offer, she'd approach her fridge and peer at its thoroughly chilled contents. cait was thankful that she had shopped only a day prior, the shelves presently stocked with a wide variation of greens and a small selection of meats. despite being strictly vegetarian, she purchased a few protein-based products specifically tailored for the meat-loving and omnivorous crowd for 'just-in-case' scenarios like this one. 

"
houndour should be fine," she informed. "i made sure he was fed before being crated."

she retrieved sliced farfetch'd breast and plucked up a few seasonings before producing a plastic bag of golden potatoes to go along with it. once everything was neatly lain out, she'd inquire to how many pokemon he had and what kind. 

"
i'll let hypno know what i need. she'll arrange for the meals to be prepared in appropriately-sized dishes so that your pokemon can eat."

cait had excused herself from the studio apartment for a few moments to inform her psychic-type counterpart before making her return. 

"
... it should be ready by the time i've finished cooking. we can all eat outside then. together, i mean - like a picnic!"

she'd wash her hands and begin her work, inviting the man to make himself feel at home.

"
any plans for after you meet that legend of yours, jayde?

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 8:48:54 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
relief comes in the response. broken through the lingering mysteries which swarmed within his mind. for just a moment — jay is surprised, quickly passing it off for mere coincidence in the care of the other. 

shifting towards the wooden structure, one tanned arm, opposite of the injured settles against the table. it is the general support in the poised hand which cushions the crown. at lax by all that resounded in the background. lush green and a simple home. 

jay glimpses towards cait, blinking through the curiosity with careful regard. he feels the heaviness of slumber weighing down on him. causing what was imagined to be strained in the process. dwindling and unable to pass through the ending. 

"there are many things," he says, one hand tracing the smooth material, two golden eyes watching tiredly, "i just can't decide." beautiful shades retreated in his sight. it left his world dull and cold. if lugia was truly the incentive that kept him going was there even a reason to live? 

hatred, fatigue and sorrow.

such adverse notions was all that he could manage to feel. some part of him wondered (laughably) if the distant memory would even suffice. true flesh and blood. true words and true remorse. 

he could only know till it occurred. 

"protect the world, probably," he passes the girl a slightly hesitant look, "ironic given my reputation i guess." it was the fantasy of a man (or a boy) that could never misplace such genuine intentions. 

no matter how violent he was. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 3:00:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
'protect the world,' she thought.

"protect the world," she said. 

cait prided herself for being an optimistic individual - imaginative, even - but the idea sounded like little more than a pipe dream.

'i suppose we're in the same boat, then. all i want to do is protect the people of hoenn; but it's harder than i ever thought it'd be.' 

the moment when she took her seat as gym leader and assessed mauville's situation was the moment where she was forced to face reality. 

'but maybe with the assistance of a god - ' 

"
i hope lugia considers you worthy of their patronage.

she smothered the chicken - washed in cool water only a moment prior - in butter and herbs before placing each plump piece onto an oiled pan comprised of shiny tin. the oven was in the midst of pre-heat as she did this, the warmth it produced brushing against her even now. 

"
perhaps you can come protect mauville, then. we're certainly in need of a little more security since we share a route with slateport," cait said, jokingly. 

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 10:23:33 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
'worthy', he thinks, not seeking such goals. 

the fact that articuno had chosen someone, meant they had chosen many people before their time. when he thought of the choices of lugia, he doubted the legend, hardly roused from the deepest blue.

would have never done so.

jayde smiles regardless, amused by that notion if only for a few moments. the harmless request is a reminder of the present. apprehension pools into his gut slowly and painfully. there are so many parts of him that he doesn't want her to see. 

truths. he'd always been so forthright in his demeanor but, now it felt like his words were trapped and unable to escape. silently strung up by overbearing doubts leave him furrowing his brows. 

was this truly right? one league figure of importance having a meal with the enemy? 'no', jayde responds inwardly, still unable to make pace with the eager mind while the silence around them settled. 

even if he truly found no bliss in team rocket and even if he decided to go onward without them. the world would still shun him. murder and destruction wasn't exactly depicted as fine in the eyes of humans.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2019 12:14:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
there was a gentle knocking upon the door before it opened, a human-shaped creature soon making their inside. a pair of pinprick eyes settled upon the now emptied crate before shifting toward the freckle-faced gym leader. 

"
is everything ready, hypno?"

the psychic-type nodded. 

"that's great! give us a few minutes here. the food's almost ready."

a hearty combination of rosemary potatoes and chicken - both roasted to perfection - was in the midst of being piled onto a ceramic plate. 

"
c'mon, jayde.

cait ushered him out of her living quarters and into her gym after pressing the plate as well as a knife and fork into his hands, the man soon finding himself being led through an elaborate  maze before arriving at the gym's centerpiece - a stone field that was bordered by a slim river. 

"
thanks for turning on the lights, hypno. this place gets seriously dark at night."

overall, her pokemon didn't mind such things but she'd much rather not try to navigate her gym without a bit of light to guide her way. everything was adequately lit now, the young woman thankful for her hypno's efficiency. 

"
you and your pokemon can eat here together before you go," she said, nodding to jayde. "i had a few vitamins mixed into their meals; it should boost their vitality for a day or two and make traveling a little easier on them."

she gestured toward a row that consisted of large bowls of food, each plastic container filled to the brim with what appeared to be brown pellets that each possessed a meaty flavor meant to entice predatory pokemon. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/97.png

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 14:25:28 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
the stillness of a room without voices was hardly upsetting. there was no ounce of discomfort. close by motion from his company was rather— pleasant.

jayde found himself lost in the abyss of his thoughts till the tone finally broke through. reaching for the plate with sudden haste in the startle of having slipped elsewhere. he follows quietly.

one shrugging gesture inclines fira to follow as they step from the hidden interior and into the vast display of the gym. complex in everything that had been so eagerly grown. 

the air was crisp yet warm. there was a particular vigor that emanated from the greenery. even within the dim lighting, he could tell her companions had made this place just as home. 

a reassuring image. 

"oh," blinking towards the array, he reaches for the present capsules, releasing the rest of the team, "eat up." the man said, simply, while the large pokemon hesitantly took comfort in their surroundings. 

in comparison to the disaster they had grown so well acquainted with, the serenity of an apparent forest seemed far from the usual. fira releases a prominent grumble before beginning to eat.

inclining them to do the same.

jayde also takes a bite of his own meal. relishing in the savory taste with a smile. "it tastes good." he says with no fragment of rush, "thank you." 

never having civility in his work, he at least knew when 'thanks' was essential. or at least, it was something he felt was required in his own warped logic. in the mystery such as itself. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
cinders . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2019 9:58:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she smiled. 

"you're welcome."

there was an infectious warmth that interwove itself within the simple response. 

- mistress? are you in need of anything else? - 

cait merely shook her head at the psychic-types inquiry. 

"
let's sit for a while."

the hypno nodded in response to the invitation and the pair left the four pokemon and their master in peace to enjoy their meal. 

- what a curious male, - the psychic remarked, discreetly shooting jayde a curious glance. 

"
mm," cait responds, noncommittally.

the rest of the night is peaceful despite the chaos that had formerly surrounded the houndour. now there was only a comfortable silence that fell over the loosely gathered individuals as cait mulled over the hell hound's newfound destiny.  

[ end ] 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/97.png