face in the crowd [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 2:56:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she doesn't drink much. doesn't really know how to doll herself up. hell, doesn't even do being around people very well. she can slip into a crowd just fine, be that face that others' eyes slide over. forget about. and she's never minded that fact about her - that she's forgettable. 

it's been a week since she'd escaped that island. a week since she's thought about that damn woman. and now, with a drink in hand, she's got a scowl on her face as she recalls her. 

she takes another sip. vodka cranberry. uninspired and shit, but she's little palate for anything else. she sighs and props an elbow up on the bar, people-watching while she drinks alone.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 4:36:04 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"don't think i've ever seen you 'round here."[break][break]

naturally, she stands out from her choice of drink. nobody drinks a vodka cranberry in this bar. it's by sheer luck the bar just has it stocked up.[break][break]

he slides into the seat next to her with a vodka drink of his own.[break][break]

"you just visiting?"

[attr="class","ooc"]@ari[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 4:00:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"'cause i haven't been here before, more than likely," she says dryly as someone slides into the seat next to her. she'd been stupid enough not to plop her bag beside her to shoo away unwelcome company (or maybe part of her wants the company). 

the lone wolf hitwoman wanting company? nonsense

she takes a sip and shrugs her shoulders. "just took up residence, actually. i hear i picked a hell of a place to settle down."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 11:02:24 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"what you talking about? verdanturf's lovely."[break][break]

it's his town. of course he'd defend it.[break][break]

"hoenn, though? yeah, i feel you."[break][break]

ice clinks in his glass as he downs the rest of his drink.[break][break]

"niko. i own the bar."

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 3:33:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she doesn't give a flying fuck about verdanturf one way or the other. she's used to assignments moving her around. for a few years, she didn't have a home. just crashed in motels or paid month to month until the next thing came. 

always that - looking for the next thing. waiting for the next job. 

now, with everything batshit and up isn't up and down isn't down, she doesn't know what to do with herself. 

she takes a sip, makes another face. "ah. allrianne," she says, nods. "sure business has been good, what with everyone drowning their sorrows and doing their best to ignore what's going on out there."

bluntness? her specialty. small talk? not so much.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 9:01:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"exactly!"[break][break]

his hand slaps against the bar, not loud enough to cause a scene, but definitely loud enough to emphasize his point.[break][break]

"it's like i'm reaping the rewards of their sorrow and misery. hence the name of the bar."[break][break]

drown your misery. quite a catchy name! or at least he thinks so.[break][break]

"well, all...re...ari, yeah, i'm gonna call you ari. well, ari! since you've settled down in my town, you lookin' for a job? something more permanent?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 15:25:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she jumps a little at his outburst. their energies aren't exactly on the same wavelength (most of the time hers isn't with all people). he does have an interesting point. she can't say that such a dreary name would be good for business, but the bar is rowdy enough to prove her wrong. 

hoennians are fucking weird. 

she narrows her eyes at him, but doesn't fight him on the subject of her name. most people give up and call her ari. (although really, people? is it so hard? all - ree - ann??) 

raising a brow, she brings her glass back to her lips. "you ask all your bar patrons if they need a job?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 3:18:48 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"not all of 'em. just the ones i don't know."[break][break]

he mirrors her and sips from his drink.[break][break]

"verdanturf isn't a very large place, ari. i like to think i know most of 'em here. like, look, over there—"[break][break]

he swivels, pointing right at a man over in the corner booth all by himself.[break][break]

"—his name's lucas. really good runner. he used to be quite involved in a sinnoh gang before moving here to do the same shit now for me."[break][break]

his hand lowers back down to the bar.[break][break]

"but that's beside the point. the point is whatever your reason is for being here, i don't care, but if you got skills that could help us out, then fuck yeah i'll try to recruit you."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 19:28:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
is he an idiot or is she really just that readable? her brows dip, lips pursing against her bar straws. it's mostly ice now, but it's something to do with her hands. sinnoh gang. guess he'd either pinned her from the start or he'd skimmed her file and recognized her. 

not that she's well known by any means. small fish in a big pond and all that. 

"you're talking like you know i'm not a league officer."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 4:54:15 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's a bit of both, really, but niko wouldn't consider himself an idiot even if it may appear that way at times.[break][break]

"not many of 'em frequent my bar but the ones that do, i know."[break][break]

"but if you are one...then good luck."[break][break]

a few have tried — young, ambitious ones who either joined the force in verdanturf or were moved here and didn't know any better — but they all ended the same way.[break][break]

his hold over verdanturf may be lowkey but it is there. present.[break][break]

"you need another drink?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
face in the crowd [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 5:42:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@ari