slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
save me
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 2:22:08 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
it was troubling to see so many people left homeless, their possessions and homes absconded from them in such an underhanded and tactless way.

so when the opportunity to help those in need was presented, kim was quick to force his way into the fray, uncaring of request for his presence anywhere else.

it was his duty to help the people, and this was the best way he figured he could. not by being stuffed in some random office, or sending people to do it for him, but by giving the order to assist while doing it himself.

he didn’t do this for the publicity nor because it was the right thing to do, it was more so to keep his mind off of any thoughts of negativity or otherwise that riddled his mind.

he figured a good deed here and there would make these thoughts disperse, if only for a bit, or at least keep his mind busy enough to not think too much on anything but the task at hand.

but the thoughts persisted just as well as he did, body moving on muscle memory alone and anything said to him being jumbled together with the words that bounced around his mind.

he was in a daze, though careful enough to mind his outside persona as he smiled at others in passing, moving on to the next to be cared for.

// mission
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
save me
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 3:28:12 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
devon corp. can only do so much. they have provided shelter to the refugees of slateport, albeit temporarily, as they look to find new homes to provide to the once citizens of a ruined city. rustboro cannot accommodate all of them; it is simply illogical, and so devon has to look to other cities but then comes the concern of their safety.

smaller towns like oldale and verdanturf while available are at risk of being invaded by rocket at any given moment. even with additional league personnel assigned, alexander fears for the worst. so he looks to bigger cities like lilycove, mossdeep, and even sootpolis, which gym leader has been kind enough to lend a helping hand, but they need time to set up: time that they cannot afford.

until then, the refugees are being cared for in the safe confines of rustboro.

alexander smiles at them in passing as he walks by, mindful of his presence as his eyes shift left and right to look those affected by slateport. it's a saddening sight to see the injured knowing that this could have been prevented. they smile back at him, some waving, as they are happy to have somewhere safe to be, even if only temporarily.

"is everything alright, commissioner cole?" he asks, noticing how the man seemed to be in daze. "i was not expecting to see you here."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
save me
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2019 7:06:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
brisk steps were taken as kim shuffled through the walkways, his moves intermingling with the ones of those before him as he continued his approach forward.

his pace slowed as a voice reached out to him, nearly stopping before he continued forward, a quick offhanded answer thrown his way.

i’m fine, never better. here to help the people and all that.

sloppy.

he was losing hold of the persona he had been so accustomed to and it showed. another thought beginning to eat away as him as moved onward; stopping only when he intercepted a rookie, the collision between the two forcing the recruit to drop their stock to the ground.

as fresh berries scattered about, the councilman clenched his jaw, an unfamiliar feeling of regret washing over him as he slowly crouched to the ground, beginning to pick up the forlorn fruits.

stone, can you give us a hand?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
save me
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 1:56:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
there's an air of difference that surrounds the councilman; alexander cannot place a finger on it, not yet, but it's noticeable in how the man presents himself. he decides not to look too deep into it, assuming that the change most likely derives from the slateport incident.

the councilman knocks into a recruit, causing berries to spill onto the ground. by the time he asks, alexander is already there.

"of course."

one by one alexander reaches for the berries, picking them up before dropping them back in the recruit's basket. his eyes shift back and forth, noticing kim's expressions and demeanor to contrast the usual few he holds.

"i am sure they appreciate your help. it's not common to see a member of the council be this involved, so the change is encouraging, as you can see."

alexander gestures to a few refugees near them; their smiles are only complimented with laughter as they all converse with each other, talking, reminiscing, and as they look over to notice the councilman and gym leader, they wave. alexander waves back.

"how long will you be staying?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
save me
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 4:00:32 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
was this pity? was he pitying him? oh god, he was. did kim cole really fall far enough for alexander stone to pity him?

gods was this embarrassing, his face almost flushing in embarrassment if not for sheer willpower forcing the embarrassment to disseminate.

thank you for the kind words, alexander. i won’t be here for long, rustboro is one of the many irons i have on the fire, so i was just popping in the help where i can.

one last berry was placed into the crate, the councilman sending the recruit on their way before looking at the sheltered, a pained expression once more taking hold on his face.

i just… wanted to try and help a little more. i feel a bit guilty for not being able to prevent this from happening… it makes me a little depressed when i realize how affected everyone is by what happened.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
save me
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 4:34:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
not pity, but empathy. the feeling that eats away at councilman cole is one that does the same to alexander, but in greater volumes because unlike cole who was actually there on the front line, fending off rocket forces at the power plant, alexander was late.

"the feeling is mutual, but try looking at it from a different perspective. the people of hoenn are strong, more so now than ever, and their resilience is fortified through unity over an incident that while tragic, could not have been avoided."

alexander gives one of the berries to a young child who ran up to them, smiling as he pats them on the head.

"there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. rocket always had the advantage with their unpredictability. but now, now we can make a difference. and we will."

a pause, a moment.

"you have my support."

alexander can only hope to receive the same.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
save me
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 18:15:15 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
grief began to fade slightly, alexanders words quelling a few drifting thoughts he had in an instant. while he was hesitant to admit it, he had a way with words. or maybe it was just the fact that he was the first to appeal to his untampered senses.

whatever it was, kim was relieved to have him around, if only for this moment.

you have my support as your city’s leader and heir to you families business, alexander. i’d like to get to know you a little better, preferably at a time where we aren’t both under such pressures as we are.

a hand rubbed his neck, soothing an ache as it set in.

for now i think we should both get back to work.

one last look around and he’d mutter to himself.

we’ve sure as hell got our hands full.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
save me
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2019 8:26:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
kim's demeanor changes ever so slightly; alexander can see the tension being lifted off his shoulders. a soft smile grows in response.

"i would like that, too."

the councilman's words have only affimmed that alexander now has the support of the entire council. with that much behind his back he can finally feel his own tensions starting to alleviate. rustborg is now safer than it ever has been.

before their conversation can progress any further, they are intenupted by a sudden call off to the side. alexander turns, as do the others, to see a group of league officers carrying a stretcher and atop it is an injured man crying out in pain.

without hesitation alexander rushes over, fully expecting kim to do the same.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
save me
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 22:46:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
teeth clenched as he looked to the new addition to the encampment, torn on staying or leaving.

he knew well enough he would only get in the way if he attempted to help- he wasn't trained as anything further than patching someone up- and the lack of knowledge on what to do would only hinder those doing what they were trained to. but if he left now, he’d be backpedaling on what he said earlier, another thought left to eat away at his mind.

it didn’t take long for him to decide which way he’d walk, and towards the injured was the only choice he could make.

at the very least he could provide some sort of aid where its needed and- when they were in a stable enough condition- get an understanding of what happened.

"sometimes being where you are is better than being where you aren't."

one last utterance to himself as he begain to follow through with his plan, keeping pace with alexander as he did.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
save me
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 3:25:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
atop the stretcher lies a singular man with wounds scattered across his body. claw marks, bite marks, burns, the man looks to be in physical agony and he is, if not evident by the wounds then his cries should tell the tale.

there is nothing the league officers who carried him can do. none of them are medically trained enough to treat the man and from the looks of it, no one is, because the man is dying with every passing second.

it’s as if someone tried to rip the man apart.

alexander reaches his side and kneels, hand immediately going for a pokeball.

“calm him down.”

aromatisse’s aromatic scent spreads and suddenly a HEAL PULSE flows towards the injured, seeping into his wounds to lessen the pain. alexander takes the man by his hand.

“help is coming. you will be fine.”

but he won’t be, and alexander knows it. for moments he refuses to believe it, to accept defeat, but when he reaches for another pokeball, he knows there is no saving him.

“make him sleep, please.”

politoed’s HYPNOSIS slowly lulls the man to a peaceful sleep after agonizing pain.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
save me
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 8:08:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
RELIEVE (SLATEPORT)

[attr="class","aname2"]
AS COMPENSATION YOU RECEIVE...

[attr="class","ipad"]
YOU TWO RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:[break][break]
[break]
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[break][break]
[attr="class","reward2"]
you two also receive the following: 50 poke, 4 infamy.
[break][break]

+
[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]