part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 20:57:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

so save me a slice of that life

“WELL,” fernando pauses for good measure. “you can mention it without accusing him.

but, should senon answer in the same way he would, cait would still be without the answer she seeks. as for whether the head ranger would evade such questioning remains to be—

the image of and springs to mind and fernando mentally dismisses any benefit of doubt.

i’ll look into it then alfric.

and yet he only truly looks at the child. his newest insurance policy.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 3:20:35 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
thank you," she breathes. 

the smile she sends him is a broad one brimming with relief. a twinge of guilt came immediately after, the grin lessening somewhat as she realized she was going behind her soon-to-be spouse's back.

'but it's for the best,' she reasoned.

cait notices that fernando's attention had shifted toward the twins and she's somewhat excited his interest remains. while they weren't related by blood - he would be an important figure within their lives. 

"i'd do it myself," she mentions. "
but i've been busy lately. for obvious reasons."

there was a brief pause before she continued.

"
i also wanted to ask about this meteoroid business. i have to make sure my daughters are safe. should i be at all concerned? it feels a bit strange just sitting here."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 3:39:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“AH.”

he blinks once, broken from his fixation, before looking back at her.

truth be told, the results look grim.

there’s a lot to unpack. not just the confidential portions—he could care less—but between the logistics, social backlash, and feasibility? he could go on for hours.

their time is short so fernando highlights the important parts.

there’s not much any of us can do unless you can outright destroy it.

which, at the moment, no one can.

we plan on teleporting it using primal shards. it’s new technology but they’ve proven consistent so far.

he’s not sure how much cait has kept up with recent news. this is by no means a secret anymore, publicized on HNN and criticized widely over the internet.

but a good portion of hoenn rather take the hit and die with their heads held high than offload our issues to another civilization.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 5:05:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait visibly bristled as she gritted her teeth, her expression growing increasingly fierce. 

"it's my responsibility to keep my children and my fiancée safe. i'm not just going to let us die."

she turned her gaze to her children who were utterly oblivious to the devastation that could result in an extinction-level event. 

"how about you?"

her attention snaps back onto him. she had become tense, a slight shiver passing over her form as she kept her voice level. the meal she had prepared for them was promptly forgotten.

"you're not giving up. are you? if the league fails... well, there has to be something else we can do.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:28:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“I CONCUR.”

fernando’s stance on the matter has always been upfront and honest. in the same words of , ‘better them than us’. the fact that it also deals with the sea threat makes it more pragmatic than selfish.

i plan to proceed with our initial plan until a better alternative presents itself. i believe others are looking for other means, which i’ll entertain as contingencies.

he looks to the door.

but there’s only so much we can do. i would advise you to evacuate to unova or somewhere else far away if it comes to it though.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 23:44:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a quiver of fear passes through her at the idea of fleeing to the other side of the world. avoiding the epicenter of the catastrophe would be wise - but would happen in the aftermath? the world could change dramatically; the air filled with cloud and ash followed by an unbearable cold and a drastically reduced population fighting for dwindling resources. 

"you should come with us."

her tone was mildly pleading. and she hoped that would be enough to convince him to at least consider the idea. 

"
if everything goes - well, if it all goes terribly wrong - we'll need people like you to help plan and rebuild."

the thought of losing fernando brought with it yet another increasingly familiar wave of trepidation. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 23:49:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“IF I GO—”

he pauses, as if in thought. in actuality, he knows the ultimatum long before hand. it’s one he wanted to use to divide them. before they could commit to marriage and parenthood.

he’s failed on that front. so, he repurposes it. uses it to highlight just how much he’ll sacrifice for her. because he cares. because he loves her. because he needs her to think that and know it in her bones.

game will probably stay. i can’t do that to you cait. not to you and your children.

his frown steepens.

and if i leave, i’m afraid hoenn will fail.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 0:22:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a laugh escapes her; one that was lined with genuine amusement, her face lighting up briefly before it abruptly cuts off - her eyes round and her expression blank. 

"i assure you he's not staying here."

nothing in her tone left much room for argument. 

"
regardless of if you stayed or left."

she paused and a question comes to mind. her expression visibly softens now, the blankness that had overwhelmed her facial features releasing its hold.

"
fernando? have you ever considered having children? adopted or otherwise.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 1:02:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

INTERESTING. he doesn’t probe further but that adverse of a reaction tells him everything he needs to know. god bless cait alfric and how reliable she still proves to be.

the other fernando had been wrong. there is no value in killing her off this early. if at all.

when i was younger, perhaps. but not now. not in this climate.

not when he has hers.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 1:57:47 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you should reconsider," she stated, plainly. 

cait could make the argument that children made for a fulfilling endeavor. but that was from a purely emotional perspective - not a logical one. and if fernando had taught her anything, it was to think logically. 

"
who would inherit if something were to happen to you? don't you at least have a protégé? someone who you can trust? not unless you plan on surrendering the company to kim if you pass."

she was certain the man had a will somewhere. even she had a legal document prepped. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:10:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“TO BE HONEST,” fernando looks away, not sure whether to commit to his next comment.

should i die, i have bigger worries than what happens to silph co.

but she is correct. he does have a role of succession. for he would not sacrifice this much for the world only to leave it helpless at his expiration.

, if you remember her, will inherit all things silph co. she’s been by my side since we were children. by now, she knows the company better than i do, believe it or not.

he looks back at cait and her part in all of this.

the rest will be divided up between those i trust. people very dear to me. people i love.

he smiles.

so you and game will have little to worry about, for this generation and the next.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 6:18:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she visibly mulled this over, contemplating fernando's intentions of ensuring his finances were properly distributed if he passed. but if the world was burdened by a smoldering crater and a world torn asunder; money would be utterly worthless in the aftermath of so much loss. 

"you know..."

cait changed the subject, deciding to present him with a few plans of her own. 

"
... i want more than these two," she admits. "i know it's utterly archaic; but i really want a son.

she extended her arms toward hypno, the pokemon rising and depositing enca into her arms. the babe had fussed while in her seat, though she would immediately calm once she was within her mothers arm. 

"
maybe we'll try in a few years. i'm hoping he'll take after you somewhat. but who knows. children are hardly predictable."

cait was ultimately unaware of her alternate self's fate - and of the son she had bore prior to her passing. but fernando had likely taken in the sight of the child; who bore dark skin and red hair.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 7:14:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“THERE ARE BETTER ROLEMODELS TO TAKE AFTER,” is his attempt at being humble. “like ,” is a test of patience and politeness. he manages both without fussing, much like the baby wrapped within her arms.

but i’m sure your children, no matter how many, will end up living up to your name, alfric.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 6:59:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman gave a short laugh as she processed the man's response. 

"dear gods no."

cait briefly recalled a moment when senon and her occupied an island by the lonesome, the woman having been perched upon a rock when she openly disparaged the idea of their future children inheriting their sire's temperament and likeness. 

"
i'd much rather they take after someone with a calmer demeanor. i can only hope these two aren't throwing themselves into terrible danger by the age of ten.

she stroked enca's chin with a finger. 

"
i'm hopeful they'll stay with me until their eighteen, at least. but i'm not holding my breath."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 17:53:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

FERNANDO QUIRKS A BROW before flashing her the most devious of smiles. it’s almost like a challenge, the same one he sports on emptier nights at the bar and someone promises interesting conversation.

then i would be a terrible role model.” fernando undoes the hem of his shirt and near the waistline of his pants, she can see the sprawling scars that venture deep underneath what’s still tucked in of his button up. he has no idea she’s peered into his past but she’ll remember the instance vividly.

a dying boy, split down the middle, being eaten alive by a pokemon he underestimated.

that’s the dream, isn’t it?

his thoughts wander to and his children.

did you stay with your parents until you were eighteen?