2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 20:06:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

following the birth of the twins she had developed a routine that was somewhat rigid in nature. it involved a consistent schedule of feeding, chores and brief periods of relaxation. at first there was a learning curve and a sizeable adjustment period, but she struggled through it with the aid of fiancée and her pokemon.

'thank the goddess that i have so much help.'

the twins were quite a handful. and with senon having already returned to work, she handled the responsibility of ensuring the pair were tended to around the clock. and while cait couldn't deny that it was hard, she also found it immeasurably fulfilling. especially as she observed her daughters begin to grow little by little. 

"there we go - all clean."

she animatedly spread her hands and fingers apart, the grin she wore comically wide; the babes giving their own adorable smiles in reaction as they cooed at their mother. cait shook her hands free of baby powder, raising her verdant gaze to check the time. 

"
alright you two. now that you're all clean we can head into the living room. hypno? can you grab enca?

- of course, my lady. -3

hypno and her gardevoir served as the primary caretakers among her pokemon. they were thoroughly educated prior to the twin's birth and had volunteered prior to taking on the responsibility. hypno was especially eager to help as she remained at her mistress's side, the human-sized pokemon expertly handling the lightly wriggling babe. 

the sisters were gingerly deposited into their own baby swing, cait turning on the interactive toys that hovered above their heads. this served to entertain the pair as she settled on the couch, cracking her neck and stretching out her body with a yawn. 

"
mm.

her eyes shut briefly, the woman having completely forgotten she had invited someone of importance to arrive within the next hour. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 20:13:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

so save me a slice of that life

AND WHAT? LET HER WASTE HER POTENTIAL?

vivid memories of his conversation with his alternative self still ridicule him from time to time. especially in regards to cait. that’s why he’s put off visiting her for so long. the excuse of work and responsibilities buys him time but eventually she worms her way onto his calendar.

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE THE AMOUNT OF TIMELINES SHE SQUANDERS HER LIFE AWAY AS A FUCKING HOUSE WIFE?

fernando thinks nothing of it. not because he disagrees—

that’s what frightens him. the other fernando is still a fernando. their thinking is similar, enough that the same thought have plagued him before.

—but because he knows he’s right. however cait decides to spend her life, as long as she remains celebi’s avatar, his life insurance policy is in place.

to think anything else is wasteful.

which is why he lost.

a stammered grunt clears his throat before his knuckles rasp against her door.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 22:33:44 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she jerks awake, blinking rapidly as she clears her vision. hypno was in the midst of entertaining the twins, levitating colorful blocks before the girls and manipulating them into intricate patterns; her daughters were utterly fixated. the blocks froze into what appears to be a smiling face, the psychic-type's pinprick gaze shifting toward the door. 

cait stood and wiped at her mouth whilst fixing her hair, the curly mane tied into her signature ponytail. pulling a compact mirror from her pocket, she checked over her appearance before standing and making her way toward the door.

"fernando!"

she'd greet him with enthusiasm, her eyes alight with delight. now that she no longer boasted a pregnant belly, cait could properly embrace the man.

"
it's been ages," she commented, tittering softly.

he'd likely notice she appeared to be slightly tired. the heaviness in her eyes could not be concealed behind her makeup - which was lighter than usual. 

"
sorry. i look like a bit of a mess, don't i?

cait absently plucked at her wrinkled shirt and brushed lightly at her denim trousers. 

"
come in - come in.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 1:42:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

WHEN THE DOOR OPENS the first thing he sees is cait. and, to his surprise, it’s the only thing he sees.

not the difference in her figure.

not the exhaustion bore into her feature.

not her choice in wear or the background of her abode.

all he sees is cait alfric. his cait alfric.

his arms wrap around her well before he can work up a word, even when it comes into his head with a robust autopilot that’s repeated the greetings so many times before.

SINCE SHE WANTED TO WASTE HER LIFE, I PUT HER TO WORK.

he squeezes her. squeezes her hard and firm. to make sure this cait is tangible and real.

alive.

alfric,” he answers with a demure grin that sinks into her shoulder.

he doesn’t let go.

you look lovely.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 2:50:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"... thank you."

cait's heart swelled and her eyes stung as she squeezed him back. her fondness for fernando hadn't waned, the woman's adoration remaining steadfast despite the passage of time. she had leaned slightly into his hold, relishing the rare show of physical affection. he smelled of cologne with a hint of shaving cream, the scent tickling lightly at her nose. 

"
thank you for coming to visit," she said. "i really wanted you to meet your nieces."

cait peered up at him with shining eyes once his hold loosened. he was her family - and while they weren't tied by blood - there was an easily identifiable bond that was shared between the two. she grinned as she revealed the gender of her children, the information still relatively fresh and only a month old at this point.

"
you'll be the first one aside from the grandparents to meet them in-person."

she led him in, gesturing toward the children who were settled within their own swings. he'd discover that they were quite small - like their mother - and also dramatically different in appearance. while enca retained the features of her father down to his skin-tone and hair; primrose had taken entirely after cait, her skin dark; her curls tight and her eyes a shimmering green - the genetics revolving around their creation causing the sisters to not to look at all like - well - sisters

"
the one who looks like me is primrose," she said. "and the one that looks like senon is enca."

the babes suckled idly on their pacifiers, though their gazes were soon fixed upon fernando. hypno sought to distract them again with the colorful blocks, their attention soon returning to the hovering toys. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 22:20:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

NIECES. right. that’s what they were—bonds forged through time and feelings rather than something as official as blood. it’s the same loose connection that binds as his brother. legalities and concepts that transcend strict fact of the matter.

of course.” he follows her in without protest. the urgency behind his step portrays an enthusiasm that should not exist.

what an honor.

the sight of the two girls brings a smile to his face. theatrics, but common courtesy nonetheless. the actual sight of children, even babies, means little to him, but he knows how to play his part. they’re supposed to be cute and cuddly. elicit absolute joy. so he dotes on them within the believable realm of the personality he’s sculpted.

ah.

a slow squat and the creak of his knees brings him to ground level with their swings. he looks at primrose first, then enca, and then between the both of them.

ha, ha, ha. they’re absolutely adorable.

a small string of MISTY TERRAIN encircles his finger, revolving at a slow but constant speed.

you should be proud, alfric.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 19:02:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the young mother closely observed the first meeting between fernando and the infants. her twins blinked up at him, their features revealing only innocent curiosity. this man, after all, was unfamiliar. his features differed heavily from their father's or grandfather's attributes, causing their combined gazes to fixate upon him. 

"i am," she responded.

cait paused briefly, inclining her head as her eyes narrowed slightly.

"
children are our future, after all. and i want to make sure they have a positive influence in their life. you know how impressionable little ones can be.

she intended for her children to grow to admire fernando and possibly emulate him as they mentally developed into young adults. he was a successful man who boasted an admirable reputation. by branding him as their uncle, it was likely they'd follow his example. 

"
how are you, by the way? i hope you've been taking care of yourself.

her analytical gaze swept over his solid frame. 

"
did you eat recently?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 23:41:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“INDEED.”

fernando would even go as far as to touch them if not for his own sensitivity in exposing themselves to an outsider. their safety is paramount to her own. after all, he expects one, if not both, to take after their mother.

where others see an adorable set of twins, he sees a meal ticket being raised to replace their predecessor.

everything is the same as it always is, alfric.

which, in short means that nothing has changed his dynamics.

whether the threat be foreign or domestic, this universe or the next, fernando carries on with a cautious foot. it leaves him uninjured and saddled with the work of those who didn’t make it. the only real harm he ever suffers is the ones self inflicted.

endless hours and more work.

i ate before i came.

the MISTY TERRAIN plumes before dissolving into nothingness. he smiles at the twins before rising, turning to face her.

but i can never refuse you, alfric.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 12:40:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she'd excuse herself briefly, making her way into the kitchen and retrieving a wooden platter of tea and slim slices of freshly baked pound cake. gingerly placing it upon the living room's table, the young mother gestured toward the couch; the old one recently replaced by a dark brown imitation made from a velvety material. 

once they were settled, she'd claim a slice for herself; happily polishing it off in a few bites.

"i apologize for my lack of presence," she said. "
i admit i've been isolating myself from everything lately."

the compound where her tribe lived had done much the same - had done so for generations. it kept them safe - it kept them happy. 

"
i wish senon would follow my example."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 2:06:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

WHEN SHE LEAVES HIM she leaves him for good. there’s not much for him to do but stand there awkwardly. his gaze cuts to both twins but that’s about it.

his nose wriggles.

so these are alfrics kids. feel weird to finally acknowledge it. but before distaste can manifest he remembers her note.

the other alfric.

tch.

upon her return, he joins her, visibly content with her snack and taking the initiative to express himself beyond the reserved and few between faces of fernando silph.

you’re fine, alfric,” he nods. “having kids is a commitment and should be the first priority in your life. i understand.

he reaches for the tea, sipping gingerly.

but what would you have game do? step down?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 2:48:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she gave a little snort.

"of course i want him to step down. i'd much rather he become a civilian - like me. he's a chef. he's been to culinary school. we could open up a restaurant in fortree. i'm sure he'd be happy."

cait paused briefly, appearing to consider her next few words with the utmost care.

"
fernando," she began, tentatively. "i know he's getting himself into trouble. real trouble that could get him killed."

she wrung her hands lightly, her strange pupils dilating and forming into partial slits. 

"
and what if something did happen to him? i'd be all alone with the twins. we're suppose to get married soon. i should be thinking about my wedding - not a funeral. it makes me think about alexander. about how stormy lost him.

cait licked her lips nervously, shifting her gaze toward her daughters.

"
is there... any possible way you could check after him? see if he's doing anything beyond just serving the league?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 3:17:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

HER EXPLANATION MAKES SENSE. all viable concerns of a new mother who wants her children to have both parents. but what that leads into catches him by surprise.

that’s all it takes for him to narrow his eyes.

check on what exactly?

he pauses for good measure.

what do you mean beyond serving the league?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 3:58:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i keep track of everything and everyone that occupies my personal property. so i know his schedule - and there are periods of time when he's just gone. and it isn't work-related. i checked."

she sucked in a little breath, steadying her voice as it quivered slightly. 

"
i don't think it's training either. i could be wrong - gods, i hope i am - but i think he's hiding something from me. i just have no idea what. i wanted to ask if you could have someone follow him for a little while."

cait absently tugs at one of her loose curls. 

"
... he's went behind my back before. in the early stages of our relationship, he tried to go back to kanto without telling me.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 4:14:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROUTINE

“PERHAPS.”

herein lies his problem: there are two paths forward. one that reveals the truth, what he thinks about and what could be a life of debauchery. the other shies away from being involved in their marriage and whatever issues may arise in the future.

one could remove an unsavory piece on the board. the other is safer, guaranteeing that cait will forever stay in his camp.

fernando sits on this thought, contemplating cait’s words, before settling somewhere in the middle.

there is more to life than just work, alfric,” say the fernando silph.

but i understand your concern; have you talked to him about it?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
routine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 6:36:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a hint of a scowl tugged at the corners of her lips.

"
his family is his life. just like it's mine. and i told him as much," she said. "and that he needed to take care of himself."

cait shook her head lightly.

"
but i didn't bring up my suspicions. not directly. i didn't want to throw out accusations without evidence... which is why i'm coming to you."

primrose began to fuss in her seat, the young woman immediately rising and returning to her position at fernando's side with the infant in her arms.