twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vihreä [ gym ]
POSTED ON May 2, 2019 7:22:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the steaming chamomile in the porcelain cup is ignored for now, cast aside as he listens to her words with genuine interest and care, more than is usually given, and by the end of it the spotlight falls to him.

alexader remains silent for a while. only then does he pick up the cup to sip at the tea, but he places it back down not long after.

"this tastes delicious. very similar to the kind my mother likes to make before dinner." 

it's all small talk to buy him a little more time to think. clearing his throat, alexander leans back forward and meets her gaze.

"while i share your concerns, miss alfric, are you certain rustboro is the right choice for them? like you, rocket are right at our borders and they have shown that they are not afraid to cross it." 

harold stone's death is what happens when they do.

"logistically speaking, yes, it is possible for us to house them, but i am not too sure if that is the safest option, for them and also for us." 

another pause.

"mauville is a stronghold, miss alfric. its walls make it near impenetrable and if rocket do choose to attack, i am certain you would be able to hold them off for months. so, miss alfric, would the most logical plan not be to relocate my civilians to you?" 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
vihreä [ gym ]
POSTED ON May 10, 2019 20:44:38 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"months?"

cait tittered softly, as though she had taken his words for a mere jest as opposed to a serious proposal. 

"
that's a finite amount of time," she said. "and it's very likely that if rocket has a modicum of intellect on their side they'd prioritize attacking us first.

her green-eyed gaze remained leveled upon stone and she wondered at that moment what her opinion of him was. she was naturally envious of his natural talent - of his relationship with - of his pristine reputation

'but i don't necessarily dislike him,' she thought. 

still, she'd be hard pressed to consider him a friend at this point. at the moment he was a colleague who deserved her respect and little else.

"
you don't share a border with rocket, mister stone," she argued. "the only tactical advantage i have is a land bridge that separates us from them. in comparison you have no less than two settlements to keep an eye on your respective routes as well as meteor falls. and while i do admit that i've lavaridge, fortree city and verdanturf town you have to understand that i'm trying my best to prevent rocket from reaching either stormy or my own family."

cait sipped her tea, taking a moment to pause and consider her next few words.

"
if i can replace the non-combatants whom occupy my city with more league-affiliated and well-trained personnel i can potentially succeed at keeping them at bay for a year instead of a few measly months.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vihreä [ gym ]
POSTED ON May 21, 2019 3:01:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
alexander almost interrupts; almost.

"that is where i disagree, miss alfric. why attempt to siege a stronghold when you can claim everything else around it? i believe mauville is the last city rocket will strike which makes it the safest." 

at least for now: a thought he does not say because in actuality he might very well be wrong. that is what makes rocket so dangerous: their unpredictability. he cannot say for certain that they won't hit mauville; that is only an assumption based off their recent movements.

they cannot afford to be wrong now; he cannot afford to be wrong. which is why a compromise must be made.

"okay." 

eyes drift off to the hypno for mere seconds before returning to meet hers. alexander straightens his posture, shoulders rolling.

"rustboro will accommodate your civilians for as long as need be. housing will be provided until they find work, which given how quickly rustboro is developing, should not be difficult. please give us a week to prepare." 

a week to prepare for the influx of civilians. not impossible, but certainly not something to be taken lightly.

"it sounds like you have your hands tied, miss alfric. the least i can do is help loosen the knot."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
vihreä [ gym ]
POSTED ON May 28, 2019 12:47:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

- a wise decision, master stone. - 

the corners of the hypno's lips turned upwards into an alarmingly broad grin, her features pulled taut as she filtered her way into his mind.

- a very wise decision indeed. -

cait offered her hypno a glance, the young woman unable to hear the psychic-type's voice as the yellow-maned creature sought to communicate with alexander directly. 

"i hope she's not making you uncomfortable, mister stone," she said. "
hypno takes care of the gym whenever i'm absent. she's very good at making sure everything's as it should be."

the psychic-type was recognized by the woman as an equal as opposed to something akin to a servant. and she often persisted on being present whenever a meeting of such importance occurred because of her position. 

"
i'm sure she's just as thankful for your kindness as i am.

hypno's pinprick gaze remained fixed upon alexander as cait offered up a pleased smile. 

"
if you are ever in need of anything - please - let me know," she said.