awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the third spark [m][past]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 12:39:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This time around, it was… kind of personal.

(Of course, he wasn’t going to let anyone else know about how he knew these idiots.)

Word had gotten out that a new band of Wailmer poachers had set up shop somewhere around Route 124, and what made this really personal was the fact that said group of poachers weren’t local to the area—

—but they were straight out of motherfucking Alto Mare, so who better to send than the one who came from the area itself?!

Of course, Lars wasn’t going to be an idiot and head in alone, and so therefore texted a certain someone to come along; but he’d asked Ollie to wear the Hoennian Ranger uniform, because he was planning something.

This was surprising, the two bumbling morons were being sent out alone on a big heist mission now, guess it was time to prove their worth!

the misadventures continue! (mission: commitment: act iii)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 14:26:53 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

as prickly as he often pretended to be, ollie was beginning to learn that was pretty cool. he didn't even seem that mad that he'd stolen his precious alto-mare uniform — though, when he's returned it, ollie was sure to inscribe his own name on the inner tag. he wondered if his friend would find the easter egg one day, but considering the fact that he hadn't blown his whole phone up over it yet, that was a good sign.

[break][break] until his phone vibrates against his coffee table. loudly.

[break][break] oh boy, here it was.

[break][break] except it wasn't. color ollie surprised when it wasn't lars complaining about how he had vandalized his outfit but actually requesting that he accompany him on a mission. well, the ranger wasn't about to kick a gift horse in the mouth — not when he'd just gotten his official ranger colors and graduated from the rank of rookie.

[break][break] appearing in vibrant orange and yellow - as asked of him - ollie appears along the other end of the dock. he waves broadly. "hey buddy! what's hangin'?" immediately, he attempts to throw an arm around the other's shoulder. had lars gotten shorter?

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 15:51:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Look, if there’s someone who can come out with me to see this shit first hand—it’s you.”

Hilariously, Lars had decided to turn up wearing his old uniform—they looked so different, the both of them; one in orange and yellow, the other wearing blue and white that mimicked the colors of the waves.

“…it also got kind of personal because these idiots we’re gonna be chasin’ down are from, believe me when I say I’m not shitting you, they’re from Alto Mare.”

He then let the words sink in for a few moments.

“So… I guess, you’re going to see first-hand what I originally trained for in the first place,” he added with a grin.

“Anyway—they’re a bunch of hunters… well, I think Hoenn would term them to be ‘poachers’. They’re after a flock of migrating Wailmer that’ve come around to spend the summer here before going back out into the wide ocean beyond…” he trailed off as he squinted across the water.

“…and apparently Wailmer blubber goes for a lot of money on the black market. Or so that’s what the mission details said,” he added as he flicked his PokéGear alive and showed the other the mission details.

“So. You wanna come with, help me bust some hooligans?”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:35:50 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

straight to the point, huh?

[break][break] "aw, glad to hear you think so highly of me dude." he clutches his chest dramatically. "enough to bring a grown man to tears." the rangers grins at the other, amusement clear in his gaze.

[break][break] as the two stands on the shore, it's clear to see their obvious differences. not even from their demeanors — one prickly and ice-cold, the other blazing bright like sunshine — but also their outfits. alto-marean outfit stands in great contrast to the hoennian ranger uniform that ollie himself supports, fresh from the dry cleaners. (he'd gotten horrific stains on it last time it was meatball wednesday in the evergrande cafeteria.)

[break][break] at the reveal, ollie blinks. "you're kiddin! they follow you here? they must be obsessed with you, bro. an ex-lover, maybe?" he can't help the slight quip at the end — it wouldn't be him and lars if he didn't try teasing him every so often.

[break][break] a serious expression befalls ollie's face as he takes in the mission details. some nasty poachers going after some innocent wailmer? right up their ally. captain was gonna be thrilled when they not only saved a local municipality but also brought in some crooks along with them.

[break][break] "duh." he huffs, then places a hand on the other's shoulder. "we're partners — i got your back, dude." he grins, pushing up his sleeves. "right. how should we get started?"

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/14px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ollie3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:0.5px; border-bottom:1px solid; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 18:51:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Me, an ex-lover? Hah, I doubt it!” he cracked, unable to resist the urge to snort, because they were here, they were supposed to be undercover but here they were, out in the open.

“I hope you don’t mind getting a little wet, for starters,” he added as he gave the other man’s uniform a look. He could tell it was fresh from the dry cleaner’s—there was still the faintest scent of fabric softener that lingered.

“First things first—do you have a Pokémon, preferably aquatic, you can ride on?” he asked the other.

This was going to involve a bit of logistics-fu on his side, considering how erratic the operating schedule of the poacher group was.

“I have it on good word that they come out to poach closer to sunset so… I hope you don’t mind the wait. Well, you know… shit gets better done in the dark, something like that,” he went on while rolling his other hand.

“Plus Wailmer, at least the ones that come migrating here, usually turn up around that time. I don’t know how it is with endemic Wailmer here.”

Because for some reason…

“I have no idea why they prefer migratory Wailmer over local ones. Must be the blubber or something. I dunno.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 4:05:24 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"uh. no."

[break][break] there's a brief moment of awkwardness, a slightly embarrassed flush on his features, which he is quick to wave away.

[break][break] "but! we can just share. right, bro?"

[break][break] after all, it was lars who brought him here. surely, he wouldn't live a brother out to dry?

[break][break] the young ranger nods in agreement as the other explains their game-plan. sure, ollie doesn't mind waiting. especially since he'd be with a good old friend. "sure — maybe we can play a game while we wait. maybe twenty questions?"

[break][break] a pause as he considers the question.

[break][break] "hmmm. people always want what they can't have. maybe that's it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 10:26:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the first question, he could only—internally scream. Well, shit.

I don’t think Ro’s enough to carry our combined weight… he thought, brows furrowing in thought.

“We’re going to have to slapdash some of this shit, but if there’s anything I learned from where I come from… it’s always be ready to get wet. Which is why a lot of my previous training involves diving and shit,” he hummed with a cackle.

At least one of them wouldn’t mind getting wet along the way.

“You can ride on my Metang’s back, catch ‘em off guard. Surely you have at least something that can fly and catch them by surprise…?”

He crossed his fingers mentally.

And now, the wait… the long, tortuous wait would begin.

“Sure. I mean, not all the time we get to the action right away… sometimes there’s a stakeout. And sometimes stakeouts can get fucking boring,” he added with another snort.

“So… who’s gonna ask first, you or me?”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 2:57:21 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sounds like a plan! i'm more of a baseball or football kinda guy, but i can totally swim too."

[break][break] while kanto was no altomare, there were certainly moments when he'd had to swim. after all, growing up on a farm taught you that kind of thing — being plunged head-first into lakewater by your brothers as a prank on a cold saturday morning, you know.

[break][break] "and oh yeah! i've got a staravia. his name's tabasco but i call him tabs." flashing a grin, he releases the pokeball and sure enough, tabs caws in greeting at the blond, flapping his wings.

[break][break] ollie was definitely more of a land animal, but that didn't mean he couldn't be versatile. with a whistle, he sends tabs off to scour the area as he and wait it out.

[break][break] "i'll go first. m'kay. why'd you become a ranger?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 20:14:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Hello,” he greeted the Staravia as they emerged from the red beam of light, cawing in their direction before taking off to scout for them. If he sent out his Swablu after that, though, wouldn’t that look weird?

(And besides, weren’t Swablu endemic to the area near Meteor Falls?)

Oh, the game was already starting? First question and right out of the gate it was a loaded question?! What the hell!

“Well… let’s just say my alternative career wasn’t as lucrative as I thought it would be.”

Sure, it did make him rather (in)famous in Alto Mare, but only ever there—and never outside of the place. Wouldn’t that be a nice second question?

“My turn now… how about you? Why’d you pick the Rangers?”

Tempted as he was to make a crack about it he decided not to.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 22:56:35 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"alternative career? wait - "

[break][break] that was totally unfair! how could lars just say something like that and not provide any follow-up?!

[break][break] ollie bit the inside of his cheek before he said something he'd regret.

[break][break] patience, ollie. patience.

[break][break] "well. it's a long story. you sure you wanna hear it?" ollie laughs. "but generally, i met this girl. i'd just graduated college and i was just telling her how i wasn't sure what i wanted to do with my life after that. she told me that i should be a ranger - and well, i became one."

[break][break] his eyes are impossibly warm when they think about .

[break][break] "ok. my turn. what's the alternative career path." he snickers. "don't tell me - " he laughs. "a stripper?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 21:40:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He had to stop the snicker that almost escaped him, because holy shit, that was completely out of left field!

“Do I look like a stripper to you?!” he wheezed quietly, remembering to keep it down because they were waiting for the poachers to come striking and couldn’t give their position away.

“Well… the arts don’t really get you much anywhere in the world unless you start really early. I started late. Like, sixteen years old late, so no chance of me learning a visual art. I…”

He trailed off, wondering if it was safe enough to reveal what he was capable of out here.

“Tell you what. I’ll show you what it is later, after we catch the poachers. How’s that? It’s something that if I do right now, would give away our location to anyone else out here since we’re on a stakeout.”

Was that a compromise? He tried, at least.

Although, he couldn’t help but whistle some notes of the chorus quietly, staring into the distance as he remembered catching that fucking Whiscash down at the pier back in Alto Mare…

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 6:39:10 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

ollie snickered, lips twisted into a smirk.

[break][break] "no, but the look on your face was worth it."

[break][break] ah. art. ollie didn't know much about art, but definitely seemed like the type. the type that either was good at art or liked it. ollie, on the other hand, was the opposite.

[break][break] "oh, show me something later? are you coming on to me, ?"

[break][break] ollie let out a good laugh, but then quieted when realizing that they were supposed to be on high alert. oops.

[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:52:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Why are you quick to say that,” he hissed as he elbowed the other Ranger the side (or at least tried to reach the closest part of the other’s body he could reach with his body) before mentally rolling his eyes.

Mamma mia, was this how things were done in Hoenn? A mishmash of chaos as compared to the slightly structured way the Alto Marean Rangers did it?

“Shh!” he warned the other as the sounds of a motorboat shattered the silence not too far away.

“That’s them, right on cue. We have to wait a little bit, and catch them right in the act.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 8:56:43 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"because it's - ouch!" he winced as lars elbowed him in the ribs, choking out a breathy laugh from him. "because it's funny, lars."

[break][break] namely, his expression.

[break][break] anything to get mr. grumpypants to let out a snort.

[break][break] when the sound of a motorboat echoes in the distance, ollie lowers himself just as instructs him. he nods sagely.

[break][break] "yeah, yeah. sure."

[break][break] wait.

[break][break] "did you bring a camera?"

[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 16:50:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Of course I brought a camera, do you think I’m some kind of an ignoramus not to—” he continued sassing back in hushed tones, pointing to a shoulder holster that was strapped on that had a body camera securely attached to it.

“Why, you thought I didn’t bring one? This one’s waterproof,” he went on quietly, quickly rummaging to set it to record after making a shushing gesture at his companion.

The tinkling noise of laughter and clinking bottles drifted over to where they were hidden.

A lone Wingull swooped past, cawing loudly before one of the raucous voices abruptly said, “Get that noisy bird outta here! Gonna distract and scare off all the Wailmer.”

“Right.”

A few moments later, a loud cracking noise echoed after, and a singular squawking noise followed it.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights