Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:09:33 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]Mission

[attr="class","setting"]

It starts with just material gathering. Turns out the thing he wants has gone up in price, and while Pryde doesn't usually mind dishing out the cash, but every now and then a more chaotic string tugs at his mind. And rather than letting that string loose on the men and women in his lab he gets another outlet. [break][break]

Its how he's here in slateport waiting. Having kept tabs on an Elite Ranger who he could take out of the picture, who happened to have what the man wanted Pryde sends out a child to find and bring them toward the empty buildings at the Harbor. [break][break]

At the beach were the most boring Ranger jobs could be found a child runs crying. Tears and snot on his features as they look around for someone with the Ranger Armband. And low and behold there is the described target. The boy is quick to run to the two rangers, at first his words incoherent because of his crying. And it would take a bit before he could really be understood, "Th-this m-man, this g-guy," he sniffs, "He made me b-b-battle and," he cries, "And he took my pokemon," he gets out as he continues crying to the Rangers.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+
[break]+ Mission: Make it Double

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/PGNiuTc.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 3:57:01 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Beach patrols. He's had enough of beach patrols. After Splashfest, he'd be happy to never see another. But he's still benched after his botched job with , so he sucks it up and lags behind the assigned Elite as ordered. At least he's outside, and not sorting files again. Not that sorting the file room had been so bad, in the end...

His distracted thoughts are interrupted by a wailing child, a sound that grates on the ears. He doesn't hate kids, but they do make him uncomfortable. They have a whole different set of morals and rules and expectations than adults, and that's a hell of a lot for an anxious mind to keep track of. Thankfully, the other Ranger takes the lead. He tunes out the finer details, but gets the gist of this kid's Pokémon being stolen. It wasn't an uncommon crime, and didn't always have link to Rocket, but it still makes his blood boil.

He keeps his mouth shut like a good little cadet and doesn't suggest a beatdown.

"Come on, Lykos. I'll take point."

He also doesn't suggest against it.

Anxiety about what Tam might think is pushed aside by the knowledge that the Elite outranks him and if he's giving an order, then Orion can't well leave his mission partner high and dry, right?

Altair pads at Orion's left side as they approach the warehouse.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 10:28:49 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The boy leads the way, having sniffed away his tears now that he had Rangers on his back. It was eventually when they were near the warehouses where the Elite would just ask for the location before ordering Orion to stay put with the kid. After the Elite would go on his own. [break][break]

After a few minutes though there is a loud scream of pain from the Elite. The pained holler was enough to freak out the boy enough to cover his ears and mumbles out a quick "I'm sorry,". Should the Cadet leave to look into it Orion would notice his superior on the ground unconscious. Smoking coming off him as if he has been fried, static electricity lingering off his body as it forced the man's muscles to twitch at best while there was a man above him. [break][break]

Clothes were generic, as he had a facemask on, along with a hat to cover up most of his hairstyle. In his hand a blue gem that he seemed to pick up from the Elite Ranger's belt. =Intruder detected= a robotic voices says and has the masked man look up from his victim. [break][break]

"You should run along," tone is clear that this isn't a suggestion, its a warning giving off a silent 'or else'.

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/PGNiuTc.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 8:55:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
The Elite wants to handle it alone. Of course he does. They always do. Hell, Orion had been much the same way when he'd worn the blue armband. A lone wolf. He grunts, unhappy but compliant, and leans against the wall of the warehouse.

A scream splits the air, and the fur rises along Altair's spine as the Absol snarls. He doesn't leave Orion's side, but a glance at his trainer says it all: We're going in, aren't we?

Of course they are.

He's surprised to find the Elite unconscious, the smell of burnt hair and burnt flesh sharp in the air.

"Fuck that," Orion spits. Of course it was a fucking trap. "Hand that over and take your own advice."

Altair remains poised to DETECT any imminent thread to his trainer, and Orion sends out a second Pokemon. Silvally were a rarity, a scientific marvel, and this one looks ready for a fight. Its crest shines the fuchsia hue of psychic energy.

Orion's prosthetic arm pulses with a far darker hue, a NASTY PLOT forming courtesy of its Rotom inhabitant. It's that hand Orion holds out in expectation, expression unflinching as he stands guard over the fallen Ranger.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 7:05:21 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Well don't you have something fancy?" the masked man mocks with a chuckle before sending out his own fancy pokemon. The liquid metal pokemon's body looking like it expanded to be deceivingly taller than what it was usually was. An intimidation tactic before it aims a FLASH CANNON at both pokemon and Trainer. [break][break]

After there seems to be a shift in the stranger's arm as his body seems to multiple as the Rotom inside uses DOUBLE TEAM creating multiple of the same man. Some run, some attack. the first two would fly right past Orion before the real thing comes in with a punch of his mechanical arm at the Ranger himself. Every now and then Pryde enjoying the chance to test his arm's capabilities.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 9:10:47 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Succesfully DETECTING the threat, the Absol deflects the incoming FLASH CANNON with his horn.

Orion is caught off guard by the multiple copies of the masked stranger, but the Rotom in his arm jerks it up hard to PROTECT his face from the incoming punch. It's strange to feel the sensation of pain bloom in an arm made entirely of metal, the artificial nerves doing their job almost too well as he aches in the aftershocks. Adrenaline dulls the pain, and Orion snarls wordlessly.

He has no idea what the strange metal Pokémon might be, guessing only that it's a steel-type based on its appearance.

"Percy! RKS!"

The Silvally leaps to his side.

He quickly swaps for a GHOST-TYPE MEMORY, the chimera's crest rippling from fuchsia to a dull purple-gray. Growling, Perseus swivels toward the Melmetal and fires off a MULTI-ATTACK.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 23:10:37 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sound alone is what gives it away. Pryde all too familiar with the sound of metal on metal, "Well isn't that cute, but can yours keep up?" he questions, but rather than pull back he grabs hold. Thanks to the porygon he also has installed into his arm's system there is almost no delay between thought and action as up-close the masked Rocket uses a DISCHARGE up close, see just how tough the other's prosthetics was. Because while he knows the Rotom inside the other's is resistant to the electric attack, it doesn't mean the arm itself is, or it's user.[break][break]

Meanwhile the Melmetal handles itself, bringing arms up as it uses PROTECT against the MULTI-ATTACK. Following quickly with a counter with THUNDER-WAVE toward the odd creature.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 17:49:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Orion doesn't reply, merely gritting his teeth in anger and agony as the DISCHARGE lights up artificial nerves. It's not nearly as painful nor debilitating as it might've been had Pryde grabbed his other arm, but it's not anything approaching pleasant. Blood fills his mouth — he's bitten his tongue.

Naturally, he spits it in the masked man's face.

There's a muted bang! as the STORED POWER in his prosthetic is unleashed in retaliation.

Caught up in the paralytic effects of a THUNDER WAVE, the Silvally growls.

"Ace," Orion grits out.

AERIAL ACE was an unflinchingly accurate move, and the chimera makes up for in precision what it lacks in speed.

Absol acts of its own accord, lunging for the Melmetal with a SUPER LUCKY NIGHT SLASH.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 22:49:33 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Its a good think Pryde ensures he wears face mask when he does things like this. Because men like this with their spitting? Gross.

The STORED POWER pushes him back, though rather than be bothered by it he seems more amused than anything else. The soft chuckle he gives probably a small indicator that he is treating this more like a stress test, rather than taking it seriously. "Funny, but can you do this?" he questions as the highlights in his arm go from an electric gold to a watery blue. Something clicking within the arm as pokeballs switch within it and Rotoms change. A nozzle comes out from the side of the arm before unleashing a HYDRO PUMP at the other Ranger.[break][break]

"Not washed up just yet are you?" he jest as he references the water move. [break][break]

Meanwhile seeing the Silvally as the primary threat Melmetal takes propriety. Catching the beast as it collides with their body with the use of AERIAL ACE to keep them close before it would come down with an IRON FIST boosted THUNDER PUNCH.[break][break]

The only time the Melmetal lets go is by the NIGHT SLASH that gets in a good hit. The eye turning within the metal socket as it looks off4ended by the Absol before throwing the Silvally at them.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 19:39:35 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Pressurized water slams into his abdomen and causes him to stagger back from the force.

No. No, he cannot do that.

It seems as if his masked opponent is enjoying this, finding room to jest during their bout and clearly not taking Orion seriously. It wounds his pride and infuriates him at the same time. Who did this asshole think he was?

Clenching his jaw, Orion throws a brutal SUCKER PUNCH with the aid of his Rotom.

Absol leaps clear of the thrown Silvally, who crashes into the concrete with a pained snarl. Yet the chimera is on its feet in moments, bred for battle, firing off another GHOST-TYPE MULTI-ATTACK. This time it targets the stranger's arm, sensing the threat of the Rotom housed within. Absol keeps its focus on the Melmetal, lunging with a swipe of SHADOWY CLAWS.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 11:13:46 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sucker punch hits true, and if it weren't for the mask the Ranger might see the blood coming from his mouth. Why he enjoyed pain would be something he is sure very few therapist could unpack. Pryde seems ready to attack back until the voice speaks out. [break][break]

=defensive protocol activate=
[break]

and with that the arm acts of it's own accord against it's owner's wishes as rather than attack there is a shift in the arm and one becomes many as the Rotom uses DOULBE TEAM to create multiple targets. The Slivally clashing into one of his after images, how annoying he was having fun. Though he supposes he shouldn't waste too much time here as Pryde and his clones all raise their arms and use DISHCHARGE.[break][break]

The electricity going everywhere to Orion, his pokemon, his own Meltan, and to what should be the Ranger's worry, the ranger elite. Pryde having set it off deliberately after using the water attack to try and do more damage to his opponent. Thankfully the melmetal shakes off the electric attack from it's master well enough though with yet another attack from the absol it is now starting to look worse for wear, but it refuses to fall so easily. While the enermy is up close it uses a HEADBUTT to counter.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Demonstration
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 3:38:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Defensive protocol?[break][break]

Orion has a fraction of a second to ponder what that might mean before he's seeing double, his masked foe splitting into multiple copies that DISCHARGE a shock of electricity across the field.[break][break]

In that moment, he makes a noble if reckless decision to shield the unconscious Ranger's body with his own.[break][break]

He's been hit by electric attacks before; it was part of being a Ranger, unfortunately. But there's a difference between taking a startled Mareep's thundershocks and an electric blast from a trained Pokemon.[break][break]

The latter is much, much worse.[break][break]

Muscles seize up in spite of his Rotom's attempts to PROTECT its master by dissipating the worst of the shock. It might've saved him from falling unconscious, but it didn't stop the pain that jolts through his limbs. His teeth clench together tight enough to hurt and he collapses to his hands and knees, shuddering.[break][break]

But while Orion is disabled by the shock, the Absol and Silvally remain angry and on their paws. Altair lunges with a close-quarters NIGHT SLASH toward the masked threat, while Perseus guards Orion and fires off a TRI-ATTACK from range.[break][break]

It's clear that their priorities have changed: should the Rocket remain, the two canine Pokemon would keep him as their target.[break][break]

Unfortunately for Orion, already has what he'd came for.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Mission: Make it Double (September)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtol] --accent: #bf5475; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Demonstration
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 4:39:35 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Well that wasn't how he wanted to finish things. Pryde thinks to himself as he holds his mechanical arm in some annoyance as the Rotom took control and did things against his wishes. Though while he may not have wanted it, it was what the Rotom was programed to do. Protect him and defend him best suited for the situation. [break][break]

=Danger detected=
[break][break]

It calls again, but his Melmetal comes into play to protect it's master. Encircling around itself before it takes both the NIGHTSLASH and TRIATTACK. The steel pokmon finally succumbing to it's injuries and fainting from the two on one, and tanking hits for Pryde. Both pokemon go to their master's aide and its clear should he continue he'd have a nuisance on his hands. Something he didn't care to bother with seeing how he got what he wanted. Pryde returns the hex nut pokemon back into it's ball and leaves. The boy from before interrupting him from leaving. [break][break]

He goes on about something about how he helped and how the old man should be holding his end of the bargain. It was clear the child was afraid of the man who just took on two Rangers but he wanted them back. Pryde just laughs, "Sure boy," he muses as he offers the other taken pokeball, the child reaching out before he tosses the ball back in front of the two down rangers, "Take in the fruits of your labor," he tells him before he calls out his corviknight and takes off with both the Ranger's Lucario and the lucarionite.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Demonstration
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 4:24:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: