thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don't threaten me with a good time [m/magma]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 21:13:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Courtesy of the Darkrai who'd bestowed its blessings upon and , Halloween parties were of particular importance in Rocket. That, and it was was good an excuse as any for the criminal organization to have a good time. The world was ending and what better way to put that thought out of mind than to dress up and get drunk?[break][break]

This particular party was specific to the M.A.G.M.A Division; Gavin had allowed them to convert one of the bigger labs into a party space so long as they were responsible with the displaced equipment. Though he'd been invited out of courtesy, they likely didn't expect their boss to show up. He rarely did. Yet tonight he has business to attend to, and rumour has it that he can find his protégé somewhere among the mingling crowds.[break][break]

He'd been told that costumes were mandatory. Normally he'd argue, but the last thing he'd want is to drag the mood of this apocalyptic celebration down. His costume is decent not as a reflection of any effort he'd put into it but rather reflecting the amount of money he'd spent. He'd dressed as a pirate, fancy hat and feathered friend included. He'd discarded the stuffed Chatot in lieu of a real one that chirps merrily from his shoulder as noise swells around them.[break][break]

isn't hard to find.[break][break]

"Miss Glynn; just the woman I've been looking for." He lifts his glass of wine as he greets her. "I hope I'm not interrupting. You're not in trouble," he adds, smirking, "I just wanted to chat about your findings."[break][break]

"Miss Glynn," his Chatot echoes. "Hello!"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (WW)[break]
M.A.G.M.A Mentor II

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: arial; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 19:20:33 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ceri would never say no to a party, and she especially would never say no to a Halloween party. This, however, is a party for the M.A.G.M.A Division, so out of all the costumes she had prepared for this years’ Halloween (it might be her last, so it makes sense to go out in style, given that it's the holiday she loves the most and everything), she had wisely decided to wear the… least revealing one. She’s dressed as a witch, with a large pointed hat and everything.
[break][break]
The wisdom of her choice soon becomes obvious, for out of all people, it’s that approaches her while she’s in the middle of chatting with some lab techs.
[break][break]
”Oh… Hi!” Ceri greets him and the Chatot alike, giving the little bird a bright smile. She’s not oblivious to the looks her companions give her, nor to the way they scatter as if they were afraid to get in the underboss’ way. Ugh, losers. ”Here or would you rather go somewhere quieter? Music’s pretty loud…Nice costume, by the way! Very fitting! Guardian of the Seas and all of that, no?”
[break][break]
There’s a wink and a light laugh. Is she teasing him? Yes, yes she is. Some would think that the margaritas are getting to her, but those who know Ceri also know that this is just how she is. After all, she does have the audacity to constantly send Gavin emails filled with emojis.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break]
▷ A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

[newclass=.cgt2] --accent: #8999BD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 20:16:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He's no stranger to others scattering from his approach, and Gavin pays them little mind.[break][break]

"It is quite loud, isn't it?" He laughs, shaking his head. "The adjoining lab is a little quieter, though I think it's also in use for this."[break][break]

He leads the way to said lab, where party-goers more interested in socializing gather to avoid yelling over the pounding bass. Sound muffles almost entirely when the doors slide close, and Gavin grabs a glass of red wine from a bartender fittingly dressed like a vampire.[break][break]

Turning back to Ceri, he says, "As for the costume, I just like pirates." It's stated simply and with a shrug, and it happens to be the truth. Little Cillian Quinn had somewhat of an obsession, which has grown into a nostalgic fondness as so many childhood interests do. "Love your hat." His Chatot echoes him cheerfully.[break][break]

But he's not just here to talk Halloween costumes, and so the underboss gets down to business.[break][break]

"I was hoping to get an update on your M.A.G.M.A progress."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
M.A.G.M.A Mentor II

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: arial; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:31:12 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Hmmm…. I think I like my reasoning better.” She teases when hearing that actually just likes pirates. A light laugh escapes her then, cheerful and carefree. ”Just kidding, obvs. There’s nothing wrong with a classic. It’s why I’m a witch!”
[break][break]
Well… That and other reasons, but mostly it’s the fact that she has always really loved that whole aesthetic.
[break][break]
With thoughts of witches, pirates, and Halloween costumes in her mind, Ceri orders herself a Halloween themed drink. It has dry ice in it, giving it the effect of mist swirling out of the red liquid as if it were some kind of mystical witch’s brew. Very appropriate.
[break][break]
”Oh! Yeah, sure. Let’s see…” There’s something somewhat odd about hanging out with her boss at a party, and Ceri can’t exactly put her finger on what it is. After all, most of her friends are coworkers of hers, but this is different. Maybe it’s the fact that she actually has a lot of respect for him…
[break][break]
On the bright side, at least talking about work normalises the whole situation, removing a lot of the awkwardness.
[break][break]
”I’ve been collecting samples from a few legendary and mythical pokémon recently, and had some interesting results when looking into the effects of Springtide Storm on Shaymin. I’ve been trying to figure out what the connection between them might be, you know? …Pokérus-Y research is also moving steadily. I’ve managed to find a couple of methods of transmission. Oh! Have you heard the rumours about the Delphox that’s been handing out these supposed “potions” that make your pokémon Illumina? I got my hands on one of those philters and I’m running tests on it. I think we might be able to synthesise our own version of it.”
[break][break]
Her work for the M.A.G.M.A Division involves many different research projects, but in one way or the other, all of them centre around Ceri’s areas of expertise. The passion in her voice is almost tangible – this i what she loves doing.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break]

[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 18:41:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Where Ceri struggles to reconcile business and pleasure, Gavin knows no such discomfort. He is always working. Even at home, cuddling with his husband and watching corny reality TV, he was ready at a moment's notice to be Underboss Merlino.[break][break]

As such, he's also oblivious to how she might feel about this. At least she adapts quick.[break][break]

"I have heard those rumours, yes." He smiles. "I've a few brews of my own, in fact. You're welcome to study the results. I've already used it on a Pokémon."[break][break]

He doesn't miss the passion in her tone, admires her excitement. He lives vicariously through , through and and other Rocket scientists who pursued the path he'd set aside. His work with M.A.G.M.A allowed him to witness the greatness he'd once sought to achieve.[break][break]

Ceri is somewhat like a protégé; he's watched her meteoric rise through the ranks of the Division with pride.[break][break]

Now, she's earned her reward.[break][break]

From within his long pirate coat, Gavin retrieves a silver keycard: one that would grant TIER III access to Blackstone's facilities.[break][break]

"I think you've more than earned this." He smiles. "I look forward to your continued efforts as one of the first to reach our third tier."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
M.A.G.M.A Mentor II

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 9:53:27 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh! Have you really? I’d love to have a look at them sometime.” The prospect makes her almost visibly vibrate with excitement. Most of the potions don’t even result in anything they haven’t seen before, but the mere fact that potions can have such effects confirms Ceri’s own theory that replicating phenomena they thought to be natural before is entirely possible. It means a world of possibility.
[break][break]
She’s about to go about all of this, but then Underboss Merlino reaches into his pocket, and when he offers her the keycard, the oddest thing happens: she’s too stunned to speak.
[break][break]
See, to a degree, Ceri had expected to receive Tier III clearance soon, because progression in the M.A.G.M.A division is fairly simple and linear. What she had not expected was for to give him said clearance himself, nor for him to smile as if he’s proud of her.
[break][break]
It’s… There’s a feeling there. Something she hasn’t felt in a long time.
[break][break]
Had she been wanting for him to be proud of her?
[break][break]
”Ah…” There’s a soft chuckle, as if attempting to regain her composure. Ceri, who is usually as confident and outgoing as she is energetic, suddenly feels shy and a little bashful. ”Thank you, Underboss Merlino. That means a lot.”
[break][break]
It does. Much more than what she had realised. It’s been a long time since Ceri last felt that anyone cared about her or her accomplishments.
[break][break]
So, she smiles, with that radiant and joyful smile of hers.
[break][break]
”I look forward to continuing working with you!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:45:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It's rare that Ceri is ever silent; her sudden loss of words, therefore, is immediately noted by the underboss. He makes no comment of it, correctly deducing that she's pleased even if he doesn't understand the gravity his personal praise might hold for her.[break][break]

He returns her smile with his own, smaller but no less genuine.[break][break]

"That feeling is mutual," he assures her. "You have outperformed most of the Division in the time since it's inception. I am proud to work with someone so uniquely motivated."[break][break]

Though formal as per his character, there's a sincerity there as well. He liked Ceri a lot. Where most of those in Rocket whom he'd taken under his wing were inclined toward other work, Ceri was a scientist. She reminded him of his roots.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
M.A.G.M.A Mentor II

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 23:59:39 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

'Proud' he says and the word rings in her mind as if it were an echo chamber, recorded for posterity. When was it the last time someone was proud of her? When was the last time someone cared about her in that way? Of course, may not and she may just be projecting all of this on him, Ceri's smart enough to realize that, but still, it's... a nice thought.
[break][break]
"I really enjoy my work for the division, it has helped me realize that Pokémon Xenobiology is a field I really want to focus on, so I'm thankful for that. There's so much left to research, it's like... standing at the verge of discovery, you know?"
[break][break]
Passion.
[break][break]
Science will always be Ceri's greatest passion.
[break][break]
"I really hope we can do more studies on Shadow Pokémon, though. I was thinking that maybe what we learn about Pokérus and "synthetic" Illumina Pokémon can be applied to creating a new Shadow machine... It's a cool long-term goal to have, at least."
[break][break]
Figuring out all of those phenomena is first priority, though. One step at the time, impatient as Ceri may be.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 7:59:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There is a softening of his expression that speaks of understanding, amusement. If Ceri knew him well enough, she might've recognized a hint of longing in the depths of his gaze. Gavin remembered what it had felt like to experience such passions.
[break][break]

Thankfully, Ceri's mention of Shadow Pokémon draw him from the threat of reminiscing.
[break][break]

"It is my sincere hope that I will see that machine resurrected within my lifetime." To be able to create more soldiers for his army... his eyes gleam greedily at the thought. "With your help, perhaps it'll be possible."
[break][break]

He has tried, of course. Several have, to no effect.
[break][break]

But that would not stop them from trying again.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
M.A.G.M.A Mentor II

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights