fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
behind the glass
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 22:39:17 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

Despite the chill that had overtaken Hoenn during this holiday season, inside the Natural History Museum's Insectarium the climate was controlled at levels befitting the individual biomes spread throughout the exhibit. [break][break]

Today, Gideon had requested a table and chairs be set up in the Temperate Forest area of the atrium. The snow falling slowly onto the glass panes was at a stark contrast to the more mild temperatures and green foliage within.[break][break]

Gideon admired the dichotomy for a moment, watched as his VIVILLON, CRISPR, hovered over to a nearby watering feature, but soon turned his attention back to his guest. Between them was a tray of snacks and an assortment of liquid refreshments, but he didn't grab anything for himself just yet.[break][break]

"So tell me what you've been up to," The professor implored, shifting slightly in his seat to better face . [break][break]

"It feels like ages since we last reconnected."

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -38px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
behind the glass
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:21:22 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

It is both a surprise and a delight when an old colleague and peer calls on him for a visit. Hazel can’t recall the last time he was actually able to hold an extensive conversation with that hasn’t simply been short, polite exchange. So he’s eager to indulge in the chance for a meeting when a free moment presents itself. The Temperate Forest is a marvel in and of itself, as well, and Hazel is certainly not one to complain with the bitter cold that has settled over the region as of late.[break][break]

Per usual, his espeon, Nicodemus, sits alongside Hazel’s chair— tail twitching curiously as he watches different big-types flutter above and around them where they sit. The forward incline of his long ears indicates, however, that he is paying attention to the conversation between Hazel and Gideon, more than the rest of his posture implies.[break][break]

“Classes…more classes, summer seminars and sabbaticals, all the stops,” Hazel obliges with a circular wave of his hand, only answering in generalities for the time being. It’s a bit sad— though he voluntarily signed on to full time professorship (always working toward that tenured position,) the time he would like to allot toward his personal interests and pursuits within the realm of archival work and artifact preservation remains slim.[break][break]

“Entirely too long,” he agrees as he lifts the cup from his saucer, “it seems I’ve only just missed you the last few times I’ve visited.” It’s to be expected, naturally. They’re both busy individuals. And acquisition and exhibit building are often no easy feats.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]  [break]
bond bridge [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-espeon"]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/90TqwFvD/DB2-CE4-A9-0563-476-F-A0-A0-74-DC31-D88-FF1.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; } .haze .bottom .pkspr { filter:grayscale(100%)!important;[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
behind the glass
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:03:02 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"I apologize for that," Gideon admitted with a slight frown, though he knew Hazel would understand the time commitment that accompanied their profession. There were far too many things to do and too few hours in the day to get them done.[break][break]

"Things have been rather busy as of late." As they always were. Luckily, Gideon was actually doing a bit better with shuffling his time between the museum and the university. He'd been the director for a little over a year now — experience bred efficiency, in his case.[break][break]

"Remind me what classes you're teaching this coming semester?" For Dr. Graves, his courses were always on rotation; it was a feat keeping up with what he was teaching at any given moment, let alone a colleague.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -38px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
behind the glass
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 20:18:18 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Hazel waved a hand dismissively, “Oh tosh.” Making steady plans that didn’t fall through due to this or that obligation was a joint effort, and Hazel could be held equally as culpable for a lack of managing to connect successfully. More often than not, if he wasn’t working he was ill, and if he wasn’t ill, he was working.[break][break]

He certainly wasn’t about to hold Gideon to a standard that he himself was poor at keeping because he was, admittedly, unable to leave work at work on most days.[break][break]

“I can attest to that. Though more from an academic side.” Hazel sighed, shoulders slumping before he lifted his teacup to sip on the warm liquid. “It feels as if I’ve had no time to work on my own interests.” That, and he’d been physically incapable for a stretch of time on top of his semester load at the university. Not that he was about to make an admittance about his being unwell.[break][break]

Even to someone he considered a friend.[break][break]

Humming lightly, he racked his mind to recall– “Galarian Mythology and Fable…Advanced Studies in Kalosian History, and an introductory course on Hoennian studies. Oh, and Archival Theory and Practice.” He nodded, more to himself to confirm that, yes, those were the courses he was teaching. Hopefully his memory wasn’t being spotty again.

[break][break]

bond bridge [break]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/90TqwFvD/DB2-CE4-A9-0563-476-F-A0-A0-74-DC31-D88-FF1.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; } .haze .bottom .pkspr { filter:grayscale(100%)!important;[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
behind the glass
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 16:21:47 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Leaving work at work? Who had time for such a luxury? Even today, Gideon has asked Hazel here not for the relaxing scenery within the Insectorium, but so that he could return to his office as quickly as possible once their meeting concluded. Such was the life of an academic.[break][break]

Still, their kind could usually squeeze in even a little time for outside recreation.[break][break]

What interests are those?” Gideon was curious; they’d been apart for so long, he’d forgotten what sorts of hobbies Hazel preferred. Photography, like him? Or perhaps fly fishing (though admittedly he preferred crafting the lures more so than the actual fishing aspect)?[break][break]

As elaborated on his course schedule, Gideon finally poured himself a cup of tea. He took it with two sugars, no cream.[break][break]

Quite diverse,” And impressive. So much history packed into a semester. The last class really grabbed his attention, though. [break][break]

Have you ever thought about contract work? We’re always looking for qualified archivists here.” Here being the museum’s Collections & Archives Department – one of the largest in the country.

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
behind the glass
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 17:35:20 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Naturally, his own agenda would drift right back to work once he’d finished allotting this time for a break. Under his chair, his espeon’s tail thumped against his tail in reminder that there were matters to attend to beyond a social hour. He made for a better timer than an actual clock did.[break][break]

But that was neither here nor there.[break][break]

“Well,” he hummed in thought, one knee crossing neatly over the other as he settled back in his chair–teacup still in hand. “I haven’t been on a dig in quite some time.” Maybe that was still a bit work-tangential, but excavations had always been of an independent fascination for Hazel. “Nor have I been antiquing. I should find something new to restore.”[break][break]

Was it obvious that he was fascinated with old objects yet?[break][break]

He had other, more mundane hobbies of course– puzzles of all varieties, dry ancient era documentaries that threatened to make his husband cry tears of boredom, and combing book reviews for the more hilariously scathing submissions, namely, but one thing at a time he supposed.[break][break]

His head nodded at the appraisal, sipping from his cup in the lag between words. “I think I’d go mad if I had to keep to just one area of interest, admittedly.” His shoulder rose and fell lightly.[break][break]

’s question, though, prompted the rise of one brow. “I have, as a matter of fact. It’s been some time since I’ve done contract work, but I did some in my earlier years of teaching.” Selfishly, he’d be interested to see what that particular department was working on. “Anything of interest recently?”

[break][break]

bond bridge [break]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
behind the glass
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 16:13:48 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gideon could commiserate with the notion of going mad if left to a singular topic for too long — it was a large reason why his career and areas of study were so diverse. [break][break]

"Let me know if you'd ever like to join one of our digs. I'm scheduled to check in on one soon, actually." With , another prospective contractor. [break][break]

When probed about what was of interest, Gideon set back in his chair and mused on the question, sipping his tea idly. He spent a moment or two watching his VIVILLON flutter above the grasses ahead of them.[break][break]

What might interest someone like Hazel?[break][break]

"We've had donations from the Ultra Wilds recently. Volumes of what appear to be an instruction manual, but it's hard to tell. We're still working on repairing them."

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
behind the glass
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 14:53:48 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“I would certainly enjoy that!” he replied with an enthusiastic nod. “I haven’t been on one in quite some time, so it would be nice to brush up.” Well, it had been some time since he’d been on an official dig, in a professional light. But that was a silent amendment as he recalled the trip he’d taken to loot a site with his partner, , some months back.[break][break]
But needn’t worry about that![break][break]
“What site is being excavated, if you don’t mind my asking?” His eyes glinted with curiosity about what might’ve been uncovered, and where. It could’ve possibly passed as a look of opportunism, but it was soon muted by a downward glance at his cup before he took another careful sit.[break][break]
From under his seat, his espeon purred contented, tail swishing with lazy interest as he watched the fluttering of the vivillon throughout the room. Had he been a younger beast, he might’ve chased them and batted at the insects with dainty paws.[break][break]
The mention of the ultra wilds did, in fact, pique his interest—primarily because his constitution had been too poor as of late to allow him the opportunity to visit any for himself. “Interesting. Do they exist at all of the sites, regardless of which one is visited?” A strange linking thread among them, to be sure.

[break][break]

bond bridge [break]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
behind the glass
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 22:08:02 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"Rusturf Tunnel. It seems like a maintenance crew may have stumbled upon something of historical value. The museum was asked to investigate." Gideon replied before taking another sip of his tea.[break][break]

"We're unsure as of yet, but it appears so, yes. Several pages have been found in differing Ultra Wilds locations."[break][break]

Just then, a somewhat frantic-looking docent gingerly walked over and whispered something in the museum director's ear. Gideon's soft smile visibly flattened and he turned to Hazel as his employee moved to leave.[break][break]

"I hate to cut our meeting short, but something's come up that requires my immediate attention." [break][break]

He could never have a moment's peace, could he?[break][break]

"Please stay as long as you'd like. You're welcome to explore the museum at your leisure as well." With this the director stood and extended a hand to shake 's.[break][break]

"It was wonderful to see you again, Hazel. I'll be in touch soon."

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
behind the glass
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 13:45:09 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A low hum of interest followed the other’s explanation. “Interesting. I’d certainly be glad to lend my assistance wherever it might be needed.” And if he could glean anything that might be useful for his own side of things, then that would be even better.[break][break]

Though, of course, his peer needn’t know as much.[break][break]

The unfortunate interruption was dissatisfying because it cut off the tap of information that Hazel suddenly had access to, but it was not wholly unexpected, either.[break][break]

Hazel nodded, before waving a hand in dismissal. “Not an issue, I completely understand how that goes.” A pleasant smile worked its way across Hazel’s face as he glanced back up at Gideon and set his tea cup down.[break][break]

An academic’s work was never done, it often felt.[break][break]

“If that’s quite alright, I’d very much enjoy doing exactly that.” Though for a moment, he would sit a bit longer and enjoy the vivillon some more. Under his chair, the espeon rumbled his agreement– tail flitting as he continued to study the insects with keen, feline interest.[break][break]

“Likewise,” he inclined his head in a nod of farewell. “I look forward to hearing from you.”

[break][break]

bond bridge [break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
behind the glass
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 2:29:18 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: