2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
don't cross this line . [ private ]
POSTED ON May 4, 2019 23:59:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
noibat's head bobbed as he began nodding off, the winged pokemon presently perched upon his human's narrow shoulder. it was sometime in the late evening and his mistress had chosen to stand upon this particular hill for what felt like an hour now. she had shifted her position occasionally as they idled away, her green-eyed stare constantly scanning the distant horizon. 

mauville city's gym leader appeared to be in a sour mood, the look upon her face betraying that she was a combination of stressed and unhappy. her pokemon identified and granted her a wide berth because of it, the lot of them unwilling to potentially irritate her any further. whatever negative emotion plagued the woman would go away in good time, after all; they need only be patient whilst offering her space. 

noibat puzzled over why he had been selected to accompany her, but felt elated due to her interest in him despite him being one of many. 

"that should be him."

the pokemon's large ears twitched and he blinked owlishly as his mistress identified some distant figure. night had begun its descent and there was very little left of the sun's light, so it proved exceptionally difficult to make out the presence of another. 

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
the restless is the mind, hollow human.
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 1:58:25 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
the stroll was done in lonesome.

surprisingly, jayde did not have his present companions at his side. neither the violent hound or the frowning beast loitered grumpily upon the sidelines. 

evening had stretched far by now. and as much as he was adamant on getting things over with, he had taken his time in getting here. almost as if he'd been dreading the moment of encountering miss alfric once again. 

the younger woman wasn't entirely a nuisance. in—fact, within all those meetings, he had found a soft spot for her. if only the last hasn't been so upsetting. 

regardless of the darkness that surrounded him, in the distance he could make out a slight figure in the dwindling light of the city that stood behind him. only when closer to confirmation, did those lips part. 

"cait." he says, anticipating something else. the feeble dragon on her shoulder catching a momentary glance.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 6, 2019 2:32:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"jayde."

cait's eyes narrowed as they traveled the length of his form. he appeared healthy despite his chosen lifestyle; but the terrorist always had a knack for surviving no matter the odds. 

"
you thought it was acceptable to spit on my kindness and target my people."

despite her moderately successful attempt at concealing her relationship with the man she had been left positively seething as a direct result of his actions. she had to deal with the consequence of losing one of her own because he felt as though it was necessary to target a non-combatant. 

"
a civilian," she elaborated. "exactly forty-six years old - with a family.

she stepped closer to him, her green eyes bright and very much visible despite the shadows which presently enveloped the pair. her noibat shifted uncomfortably upon her shoulder, his gaze flitting between the humans as they interacted with one another. 

"
and you had your houndoom - the pokemon i gifted you - tear them apart?

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 6, 2019 5:00:10 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
the fierce gaze was a reminder. 

no ounce of fear, no hesitation. despite two opposites standing together, the younger woman held nothing but temper in those bright green eyes. 

his expression wavered at the frustration and confusion etched between every word. eventually, within the ending, jayde simply let out a breath of his own inward irritation— given it had been expected

"how many people do you think i've killed?" not expecting an immediate reply, he continued, "before i met you. my reputation of being this criminal wasn't just given to me because of rocket." golden eyes equaled the ones beneath his striking gaze. 

"you knew what i was. you didn't treat me any different you would with anyone else— even now." jayde looks away, crossing his arms against his chest. the city of mauville a brilliance of light within the distance. 

"hate me all you want. maybe it's better that way." 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 6, 2019 13:02:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i - "

cait's hand shot up as she pinched the bridge of her nose, the show of exasperation followed by her turning to the side and sucking in a breath. 

'gods, give me patience. and give me strength.'

"
then why the hell didn't you target me if you're such a big and bad criminal, jayde?

her hands went to her hips, her gaze once again fixating itself upon the stern and handsome features of the terrorist. despite the irritation present within her body language as well as the anger that oozed from her in a thick and potent wave - a sense of loathing was notably absent; instead, there was only frustration. 

"
do you know how valuable a target i am? i'm a gym leader. and i'm better off dead because of it, right?

she stepped closer, fearless as she tipped her head to peer up at someone who was obviously taller and stronger than herself. 

"
why treat me any differently than that civilian who had the misfortune of catching your eye?"

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 7, 2019 11:03:33 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
persistence for answers has the man craning elsewhere. every inch taken forward is a doggedness nature dwindling in the every question. jayde closes his eyes before facing cait, his expression wavered. 

"none of your business." 

he uttered, slightly rattled by the girl's forthright demeanor of getting answers. although there wasn't any falsehood within such statements, at the same time, he wasn't bound upon such constant, aimless killing. 

"you're not much of a threat really. if anything—" 

jayde stopped himself, sighing in the near approach of secrecy not meant for those on the other side. then again— humans were all equally vile. 

"just forget it, cait. when all is said and done, you'll forget that man ever existed in the first place." 

in spite of the one whom appeared constantly undaunted by the death which surrounded him. more than anything, it was him left numb and absent. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 7, 2019 12:54:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i don't get it."

his words had been followed by a lengthy stretch of silence, the young woman dedicating such a moment toward simply peering into his eyes for the entirety of its duration before speaking again.

"
i just don't get it.

she maintained a close proximity to the man, though her noibat fidgeted uncomfortably upon her shoulder as his own yellow-eyed gaze remained firmly upon the intimidating fellow. 

"
why do you think you're worthy of lugia's grace?

cait decided to utilize the knowledge he had parted with in their earlier interactions against him.

"
when all you do is harm both pokemon and humans alike? is that what you're going to use lugia for? needless killing? instead of harming one would you indulge in the act of genocide?"

she paused only for a moment, sucking in a shaky breath as she attempted to remain outwardly calm. 

"
you're so smart, jayde. and you're strong - one of the strongest people i know," she said, visibly concerned. "you could be so much more than a criminal if you just tried."  

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 8, 2019 0:48:49 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
understandable, he thinks in the repetitive turmoil.

only when the girl mentions lugia does he reel within his sense of defeat. he sees flashes of the past. the beautiful beast that had saved him and the time it had all gone wrong. jayde frowns, distraught.

"i've never wanted anything from lugia besides closure. how could somebody like me, be worth anything?" 

his usual emotionless display traces an inward sorrow. it shows through his glaring eyes fiercely within the dark. reflecting something that has not yet been spoken. 

"i'll never be anything besides a criminal. i won't live a life like you, and even if i tried to, the world would turn against me for what i've done."

the arch softens and he looks down. lashes fall with the gaze, concealing his eyes. jayde inches from the girl and faces mauville city once again. 

"i don't blame them either." 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 9, 2019 17:45:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i won't turn against you."

she released a defeated sigh and shook her head, visibly exasperated as she tugged her gaze elsewhere and away from the male. 

"
you saved me, jayde," she continued. "when you really didn't have to. it proved you were more than just some base criminal.

cait considered her next few words before she decided to return back to the original topic. 

"
don't attack my people. you know where my routes are so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to avoid them whenever you're... 'working'." 

she'd rather not be on the receiving end of reports that listed casualties that occurred within her borders. her people depended on her to keep them safe and to keep rocket at bay.

"
do that for me and we won't have anymore problems. deal?

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 10, 2019 7:23:42 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
he hears her yet— some part of him doesn't believe it. the outstretch denial of his dark words is perceived as a figment of his imagination. instead jayde remains silent till the true cause gives rise. 

how persistent the gym leader is of her beloved city is beyond him. when jayde turns to look at cait, he cannot find her usual insistent gaze. 

"fine."

he answers, hoping she'd look back.

"but— what will you do when someone besides myself begins targeting mauville. just as they did slateport, the same thing will happen here and everywhere else. everything about hoenn will rot." 

the organization had grown beyond measure. although a nuisance of spies managed to gather a great deal from rocket; rocket had done the same. it was a toss up of hopeful resolutions that ended in failure. the league was getting nowhere. 

"in this world, everyone is fighting for themselves. if i were you. i'd forget about that place."

selfishness was the key to survival. it was what had gotten him so far. at the same time, it was also the destined path of absolute solitude. something he would've never expected of the girl. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 10, 2019 17:54:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait frowned in response to jayde's assumptions.

"if mauville falls i might just fall along with it. 
they'll likely prioritize me over anyone else when they inevitably storm the city.

various scenarios involving her end had started playing within the confines of her mind the moment she had submitted her application to be considered for the position of gym leader.

"
but i won't run and i won't leave until i know everyone else is out of harm's way. ever heard of the phrase 'first ones in - last ones out'?

there was a chance she'd die and that her pokemon would perish along with her - but if it benefited the region as a whole she'd suffer the consequence that came as a result of her failure to effectively defend mauville city. 

"
i should be the one telling you to forget me if anything goes wrong - since you're so insistent that it will.

there was a playful gleam in her eye now, cait's mood having lifted despite the morbid tone that was very much present within their conversation. 

"
hold out your hand for me and close your eyes. i've got a present for you. and i won't give it up 'till you do," she chimed. 

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 11, 2019 5:35:42 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
it's the response he's expecting, but, it isn't the one he wants to hear. the inevitable duty was the same in regards to rocket. most were not even willingly apart of the force. their vile duties done in the utmost reluctance for the greater good. 

jayde was different on the matter. an offer had been made given his background. it was a beneficial deal between the shadows of this cruel world.

the only place that would truly accept him.

some part of him feels indifferent to that constant ideal. the fragment of humanity lingering in his cold heart tempers a flame of denial. he lets out an irritated sigh before closing his eyes. 

the toned arm extends itself outwards, one hand hovering in wait for the apparent gift. "it better not be anything weird." he states, his usual lackluster tone humming into their quiet surroundings. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 13, 2019 10:53:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"
it's not like i'm going to hand you my dirty underwear or something.

she released a snort before she reached for her pocket to retrieve a minimized orb. cait hesitated for barely a moment before she gently deposited the capsule into the palm of jayde's hand.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

"
in exchange for taking your work elsewhere," she said. "i'll give you this."

contained within the pokeball was a rockruff, the creature having only just reached the stage where he could battle in a competent fashion without being utterly overwhelmed. it had taken a fair amount of convincing, but she had successfully convinced his mother to release her claim on her pup. 

"
don't get him killed. alright? i'd have kept him but there's already so many little ones running around in my gym. eggs just tend to - you know - pop up?

noibat was among their number, having only just hatched from his egg a month prior. 

close tab

played by

vy

jay
he & they
twenty seven
january 12th
johto, ogi isle
bicurious
anarchist
grunt
why don't
you give up?
41 height
41 height
awards
100 posts
jayde cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jay
jayde cross
POSTED ON May 14, 2019 10:11:51 GMT
jayde cross Avatar
the orb is familiar to the touch. its cool material settles within his larger hand, the golden eyes peering into the undeniable red. something he had not anticipated as a gift in the present deal

jayde stares at the object for awhile, not immediate in expressing some form of gratitude. the creature dwelling within the capsule would've preferred a life of reticence by the side of the gym leader. 

surely, he thinks. the hound of fire had already made a mockery of its freedom. the revenge it had enacted upon human life was just a sliver of the hatred that he held within himself. most of all. the pair were certainly not comrades. they were just equals

"you saw selby. that man he killed was just one of many. certainly i won't touch those of mauville but, what do you think will happen to the rest?" 

he holds up the pokeball.

"what would happen to this?"

the hand lowers back to his side. 

"we fight together. we always have. i've lost many friends before because of my rashness. because of what i do. are you truly willing to give me this?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 14, 2019 10:43:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"
would you prefer i take him back, jayde?"

the reason behind his question was entirely legitimate; for most would balk at the mere prospect of willingly surrendering a pokemon to  the rocket-affiliated. 

"
how is your relationship any different from the one i share with my own pokemon?

she paused only to eye him for several beats, her smile transitioning into a thoughtful frown as her gaze wandered and her tilted to the side. 

"
we shoulder similar burdens. you've a team to manage - and i've a city. each decision i make is crucial - and could potentially result in death.

from her perspective, cait saw little to no difference in regards to their respective positions.

"
if you're unwilling or incapable of managing another companion than return him to me.

a curious grin tugged at the corners of the woman's painted lips, a strange gleam in her eye as she held out her hand expectantly and met his gaze.

"i'll be a bit hurt," she chimed. "but i'll soon recover."

she made to grab for the pokeball with a quick movement.