sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2019 21:07:15 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
Kecleon used Shadow Sneak! (non damaging)[attr="id","pls"]

“Curiosity killed the cat.” Goro finally said after a pregnant pause his hands clasped together. He had to yield some, so he motioned his head at the door to his Kecleon who opened it with a slap of his extending tongue. “I would like to note that the door wasn’t locked, either of y’all could have tried to open it if you wanted.” He said patting his Togepi. “As far trust, well, that’s a rare enough commodity amongst those in our work; whatever it may be.” He sighed, and continued, “So let’s get rid of this idea of trust and work like Rockets: objectively and obediently. Not to say any one of us is more capable of telling people what to do - and honestly I really am not the “leading” type - I just happen to know, if ever vaguely, what the fuck is going on. So whether you trust me or I trust you doesn’t matter: what matters is the mission and that it’s completed so that we all get the credit that’s our due.” His eyes had shifted between the two, before settling on Elijah.

“Right? Because that’s why you’re both still here. You know this isn’t something basic. Mundane. Tedious. This could be something that gets you noticed. I honestly don’t even care about what anyone thinks of me as long y’all understand that this means something, whatever it may be.”

“Until we know more about this.” Goro said as he lightly tapped the vial with a finger. “I really don’t see a reason in letting slip who did what, just that they’re in the League, important, and a public face. One that should remain unsuspecting of anything until we get the go ahead; because let’s be frank, secrets are hard to keep and curious cats are hard to keep quiet.”

“Although, if the two of you come with me the head Rocket Professor with this thing and a working idea, I would have no reason not to tell you.” He commented, scratching at his scruff. “So tell me, is this going to be a three musketeers get up or a solo thing all on me?” Goro asked, the faintest hint of a joke in the air.

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 15:00:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsr"]
truth be told, sam wanted in on this. he wanted in on this badly. not only was this a curious thing that naturally grabbed sam's attention by the horns and reigned him in, but it had to do with legendaries. it absolutely had to. only legendary pokémon had this sort of power. it could have been anything from experimentation from legendary DNA, it'd been done before, to legendaries themselves fiddling and playing with people.

"i want to go with you." sam's tone was absolute, and he glanced to elijah before looking back to goro. "not for a matter of being a muskateer, mind you." when working with rocket, it was better to go solo. sam knew that well. "but for the sake of unveiling this mystery."

"honestly, if I don't go with, I'll just keep myself up at night thinking of theories and hypothesis that have absolutely no grounds." so in other words, sam was going for a peace of mind.

+
+

[newclass=".wizzsr"] text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr b"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr i"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr a"] text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2019 2:42:40 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah silences himself. a stern, stony speechlessness that struggles to keep itself together. like a scowling moai, but with a layer of sculpted stone threatening to crumble away. already, his mask cracks. his brows knit together, like fists colliding above the bridge of his flinty nose.

"sam's going," elijah speaks with his eyes closed. he refuses the generosity of his gaze, "but i'm not. if you're not going to trust me, then how can i trust you?" 

a grumpy lurch announces elijah's departure from his seat. he opens his eyes partially: sharp crescents of detest.

"count me out." elijah cracks his neck as he heads for the exit. "thanks for a real good time."

with a grunt, he pushes the door open with his forearm.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2019 18:38:31 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
Frogadier used Double Team! (non damaging)[attr="id","pls"]

“And then there were two.” Goro noted dryly as Elijah made his way towards the door. He popped his tongue before Elijah had exited and suddenly the room was full of Frogadier, Freddie having been given the signal to use double team. Goro called out, his voice dull and bored, “This may have been a good ol’ fashion time for you but it remains between us. I don’t want word of this getting out, gotcha?” The threat was plain enough, but he added, “And the means to keep in eye or two on you.” It was a half-lie. Well, it was a lie lie; but, with all the eyes literally in the room due to the Frogadier that stood, sat, and squeezed in every space they could find, Goro thought the lie may stick better.

Plus, there was his Togepi. One of the reasons he kept the hard boiled egg around is because it shared good luck. Who doesn’t need a little luck on their side? Supposedly. At least that’s what he heard from some ugly Rocket knock off of a Nurse Joy. Those Joys were truly an admirable family, he noted.

Distracted, he didn’t notice whenever Elijah had actually left or if he hadn’t and turned to face Sam, moving one of the many frogs out of the way. “You’re coming with me, but the same goes for you. This is an ABC conversation for now and it stays that way until we see the Professor.”

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2019 20:29:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsr"]
"you are delightfully paranoid, sir." it didn't sound like mockery, it didn't really feel like mockery, but it was probably the most polite mockery sam could have delivered.

not only did he feel cornered, but he felt a bit like he was working with one of those twitchy types. like this guy was going to flip his lid the second they saw this head professor and didn't get the answer he wanted. it was terrifying to think that might happen, but sam also decided not to dwell on it much. he was more of a 'cross that bridge when he came to it' type of person. simply saved him unnecessary stress just in case he was wrong later on down the line.

as for elijah, he turned to give him a small sort of dismissal with his eyes. perhaps a small 'thanks for leaving me with crazy' could be seen in sam's gaze, which he was sure the grumpy apothecary would appreciate. his attention turned fully to goro then and he took a deep breath before realizing something very important.

"wait, we're leaving for the professor right at this very moment?" for whatever reason, he thought they'd meet up with the professor when the professor wasn't busy. like maybe they needed to send a pidgey first with a note. no, rocket. so a murkrow, or something?

"i simply expected to have to request an audience before going to see the man. i hadn't realized we would be going immediately." sam explained, as to not make goro uneasy by allowing him to assume sam wanted to back out.

honestly, sam had reasoned to treat goro, for the moment, like a ticking 'sane' bomb.

+ &

[newclass=".wizzsr"] text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr b"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr i"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr a"] text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 2:05:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah stops. allows sam's inner pleading to settle on his black, tumultuous cloud. he reciprocates with a broad shrug- perhaps his own quiet way of saying "good luck, bud."

with a snort, the apothecary squeezes through the door. even in the storm of his leaving, elijah doesn't bother to aggravate the nervous man any longer. he's angry enough for the both of them.

"any word of this getting out." elijah repeats with a grumble. it almost sounds like a laugh.

the door closes shut with an anticlimactic click.

elijah exits the thread
+

close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
greenhause [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 21:26:21 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
@tagged[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
Double Team dispersed! [attr="id","pls"]

The many frogs disappeared in a poof of smoke once the door shut, and it was just the five of them. Goro, his pokemon, and Sam. He yawned, the dark circles under his eyes revealing his exhaustion. "No, no. We won't go to the Professor immediately. I need time to... process what happened, what's happening." Goro looked to Sam, holding the fabled flower out to him. "And you need to do some research on this freak of nature."

He stood, holding his snoozing Togepi under his arm, and his other two pokemon followed. "We'll be in contact, be ready for the Professor... and look into the Celebi thing." With that, the silver bleached boy left. It didn't go as he expected, or wanted even - but at least he found someone in Rocket he could... Not trust, per se, but rely upon in this particular mess.