cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
the earth dragon [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 11:03:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i like him.

cait's face split into a broad grin, her features having brightened considerably as she watched mateo from her side of the field.

- oh? - 

hypno eyed the dragon tamer with an incredulous look, the psychic not at all seeing what had captured her mistress's interest. 

"
he's so - well," cait murmured, speaking quietly as she addressed the pokemon. "infectious. but in a good way."

the psychic's eyes rolled as the gym leader tittered softly. 

- what an interesting word. 'infectious'. - 

"
i'm just really liking his energy. it's so hard to find something like it nowadays."

her togekiss endured the barrage of flame, the fairy unable to execute a dodge within the time allotted. he came out partially singed, splotches of burnt feathers covering his flank and chest. 

"
air slash, togekiss!

cait pulled herself free of her twittering in favor of taking command and focusing on the battle at hand, quickly prompting her togekiss to thrust blades of energy-laced air toward the powerful fire-type. the attack flew, powerful flaps of the dual-type's wings resulting in its manifestation.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/468.png

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
the earth dragon [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 4:38:59 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","firetop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
i'll challenge you even if it's unfair

[attr="class","starrytext"]air slash was received, charizard has taken it! he was embroiled with rage from the assault. "haha, nice one, nice one!" he was getting revved with each assault, but with charizard on the verge of defeat. his tail became as bright as the sun and greater than a candle. signaling its ability: BLAZE. "alright..." removing his trench coat and tossing it to the side. he'd slap the metallic brace around his stomach.

"i'm fired up, i can definitely feel your blaze charizard!" this togekiss was going to give charizard a run for his money. "come at us with everything you both got! charizard, light it up!" compressing its palms together. it would begin to expand as a yellow sphere started to grow within it. holding an artificial ball of light so great and bright, he'd hold it within the palm of his right hand. the ball of light hovered atop of it.

"there are some really weird gym leaders here. some unique, some different, and some really tough, i'm so glad i came to this region and i hope to face your champion and the elite four!" unaware of whom the champion or the elite four even were. he was excited to face them nonetheless. especially if they were like their gym leaders, "we're going to hit you with everything we got and win! please teach me some more, miss cait!" fangs bared and a widened grin. charizard would toss the ball of light toward the togekiss.

it wasn't trying to harm the dual-type with it, but merely blind for what was to come next. "with all your energy, charizard. pour it into a powerful FLAMETHROWER!" with SUNNY DAY above. charizard began to charge. his maw, open, prepared to release a flame that would expel all of his energy. the flame of his tail growing, igniting. a symbol of he and his master's resolve. mateo, grinning, "here it comes, let it rip!" and so he did, with a great flame released, it would travel toward the togekiss. attempting to burn it to smithereens.

there was a probable high chance that the roof of this gym would be set on fire. actually, there was a strong chance that this entire garden would catch fire. mateo had a tendency to go overboard.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-heartbeat"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
charizard's ability, blaze, is active.
charizard used sunny day 1/5.
charizard used flamethrower.
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.firetop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L1bPYbY/ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext b]color:#81b4ee;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
the earth dragon [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 16:45:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
- by the gods. - 

the fire was intense, the combination of blaze and sunny day bolstering its power by a significant margin. hypno scrambled to react, her thin yellow fur growing increasingly damp with sweat. 

- control it! contain it! - 

the psychic-types whom surrounded the field wielded their respective powers; gothitelle, gardevoir, espeon, meowstic, girafarig, xatu, grumpig and alakazam combining their gifts to prevent the flames from breaching the stone field. it was hypno who personally ensured that the worst of the flames and the excessive heat that accompanied them failed to reach her mistress, the powers at play preventing the gym from suffering a significant amount of damage. 

cait's togekiss was left in a pitiful state, offered little to no protection from the attack. once the fire had died down he lay upon the ground, utterly limp and thoroughly scorched. 

"
bring him to me.

the young woman was less than pleased with her pokemon's pitiful state, her smile quickly replaced with a worried frown as she sought to gauge the severity of the burns. 

'nikolai,' she thought, fresh memories bubbling to the surface. 

- the fool nearly set the gym aflame, - hypno raged, her thick fingers curled into tight fists. 

her hypno was understandably peeved, but somehow diverted some of her focus toward processing her mistress's order and delivering the limp fairy to the woman's feet. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/468.png

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
the earth dragon [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 2:17:39 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","firetop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
i'll challenge you even if it's unfair

[attr="class","starrytext"]charizard fell unconscious simultaneously as the togekiss went down. he exhausted all his energy and gave it all he had. returning the pokemon, mateo would come to watch as many of cait's gym pokemon gathered to contain the fire. calming it down before any life endangering situation could occur.

mateo watched in shock. his mouth was agape due to what he'd done, especially to the togekiss. he let loose too much, he should've held back a bit. "ah man!" watching from his side of the field, he'd, apologetically, say, "c-cait, i'm so sorry!" quickly he fell to his knees. prostrating himself and slamming his forehead until the ground--hard. his forehead bled as an attempt to calm himself down, disappointed with his poor judgement.

how unbecoming of him. if anyone outside of this battle had saw him conduct such a tactic, no one would think he was a gym leader. he knew better, but lost himself in the fight. allowing charizard to let out too much of his innate ability. mateo was at fault for conducting such a reckless action. "i'm sorry, cait." he stated, remaining prostrated. "i went overboard." he understood if she wanted the battle to stop, "if you want to stop here and tend to togekiss, i'd understand." he made her sad. as a man that wounded him to his core, he hoped she wasn't frightened.

this moment reminded him of something that happened in his past. lids narrowing as he thought about a similar instance. a time where he, as a dragon tamer, failed his allies and fellow neophytes. to call himself a dragon master at this very moment? it would bring his father's clan shame.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-heartbeat"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
charizard's fainted.
mateo's sorry.
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.firetop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L1bPYbY/ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext b]color:#81b4ee;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
the earth dragon [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 1:52:50 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait released a quiet breath, visibly relieved. 

"
he'll be fine.

it had taken her a short amount of time to complete an examination, the injuries acquired by the fairy far from superficial despite not being life threatening at that moment. 

"
take him to vileplume," she instructed. "she's good at dealing with burns."

her hypno reluctantly parted ways with cait, her psychic abilities easily managing the limp form of her fallen comrade as she took her leave. cait shifted her gaze back onto mateo, the expression she wore kept perfectly neutral. the gym leader approached him after several beats, her steps unhurried as she closed the distance. 

"
your charizard felled not one - but two of my companions," she said. "you raised a creature that surpassed my expectations."

she knelt before his prostate form, moving to grasp his chin and lift his head.

"
and you've proven yourself worthy enough to take my badge."

her fingers brushed against his forehead, the digits smeared with the blood that oozed from scraped flesh. he'd find that the sharp pain and dull throb that once originated there was gone, the fresh wound perfectly sealed with nary a scar to be seen. with the same hand she reached toward the length of her dress, a single badge pinned upon the soft fabric before being plucked up and offered to the man. 

https://images2.imgbox.com/6c/92/SK04eDD2_o.png

"
congratulations," she said.