cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 20:41:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
'that's interesting.'

cait couldn't help but smile as she observed the interaction between bailey and her fire-type counterpart. while she couldn't pick up on the words, the body language shown thus far indicated that the woman cared deeply for her companion. 

'it's not rare,' she thought, taking this behavior into consideration. 'but it's always nice to see.' 

"nothing you can't handle," cait replied, a playful edge present within her tone.

what appeared to be an enchanted set of keys took the field next, the creature deceptively small as well as round as it sported a handful of keys upon its shimmering ring. 

"
metal sound, klefki."

the dual-type released a shrill and piercing sound, the painfully unpleasant noise spilling forth from the key hole that appeared to serve as the creature's gaping maw. 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 7:26:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT IS THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT IS THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT IS ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

Steel. Bailey Cooper narrowed her gaze at the floating keychain.[break][break]

“You're right,” and the memories of Mossdeep burn fresh from the gym leader's comment. This? This was... a time sink. An outlet. This was just a way to try and burn what had already been burnt onto her chest.[break][break]

The metal sound registered to their ears, causing the Crobat to scowl as the shrill sound bombarded his senses. Its effects would be felt, but Bailey would whistle to draw her poison pokemon's attention. [break][break]

“Give 'em the business, Vlad,” the bad business.[break][break]

She was no rookie. She would not want to waste time on a bad match up—but the rules of the gym registered in her mind, forcing her to refrain from reaching for Crobat's capsule. They would just have to use different tactics to get the job done.[break][break]

The Crobat would have no effective moves against the Klefki, but neither would they.[break][break]

Crobat used Confuse Ray!

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 13:59:32 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the sight of the confuse ray was a familiar one - and cait knew exactly what to do in that moment.

"
crafty shield, klefki."

crafty shield was beyond reliable when it came to battle, the move lacking the inconsistency of protect due to it being specifically tailored for attacks meant to hamper's a pokemon condition as opposed to it serving as a catch-all. the fairy released a delighted trill as the barrier was successfully erected, the confuse ray rendered ineffective the moment it reached him. 

"
good boy," cait praised. 

in an attempt to intimidate his foe, the pokemon aggressively jingled his keychain in both bailey and her companion's direction. 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 18:16:28 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT IS THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT IS THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT IS ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

Part of being a trainer was feeling out a strategy through trial and error. When the Crafty Sheild appeared, it only confirmed that some adjustments would have to be made...[break][break]

And that this entire battle was going to be a complete waste of time. An actual time sink. Two metapods using harden would be more enjoyable than what she would have to do.[break][break]

“...Air Slash.” treatment. If confuse ray could not be easily achieved, then there were ways to guarantee that it would connect.[break][break]

The Crobat would transition from one attack into the next, using the friction from the beat of his wings to deploy the thin, knife-like slashes that were intended to strike the steel foe.[break][break]

Crobat used Air Slash!
[break]

It was not the damage that mattered, but the chance to flinch.[break][break]

Cooper would hold her stance, letting her head tilt as she wondered how this was productive—any moron could wiggle out of this, even if swapping was unavailable to them—but, why? To test patience? Yeah, probably.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 21:33:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait clicked her tongue, eyeing the air slash as directly impacted her fairy's form. her pokemon released a thin utterance of pain that indicated that the attack had done a small amount of damage. he soon corrected himself in the air, his empty sockets betraying little as he managed to successfully maintain his focus. 

"
mirror shot, klefki."

the pokemon obeyed, deciding to take advantage of his previously administered metal sound. an orb of blinding light manifesting before it was promptly chucked toward the bat, the attack curiously potent and moderately large despite it having originated from the tiny fairy.

'let's see who can outlast who,' she thought, visibly amused. 

cait had the advantage here depending on how well-equipped the bat was. her pokemon possessed only a handful of weaknesses in comparison, and had attacks that could do decent damage in turn. 

'let's just hope it doesn't know any fire-type moves.'

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 21:42:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

The mirror shot failed.[break][break]

Crobat corrected his flight path, raising Quick Guard against the bright, metal blast--a film-like construct rising up to absorb the damage that the attack could have delivered. He performed this action without Bailey's intervention—his trainer crossing her arms as she knew what battle laid before them. [break][break]

Vlad could make his own split second decisions, and she knew that the effects of Metal Sound lingered in both of their minds.[break][break]

This was happening because she had deployed her next pokemon and let the Gym Leader hesitate. She should have demanded to see the next pokemon before switching out Bumbo, but Bailey supposed that was her fault for extending that courtesy.[break][break]

She would not extend it again.[break][break]

“Air Slash.”[break][break]

She had outlasted a Guzzlord. This was not a wise game to play.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 21:53:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
her klefki appeared to be a little bit bewildered by the crobat's quick guard as well as its movements. he cocked his entire body from side to side, processing the foe's subtle and purposeful movements before he playfully danced about. the creature executed an attempt at an elegant twirl, his keys jingling prettily as he did so. 

"that's my gooy boy, 
klefki. very pretty," cait chimed, indulgent. 

cait clapped her hands together, encouraging her fairy as he managed to dodge the air slash with a surprising amount of success. 

'i'll just chalk that up to dumb luck,' cait thought. 

klefki squealed in delight at his mistress's praise before he attempted to grow serious again.

"
try another mirror shot, baby."

the pokemon bobbed up and down once before he released the steel power, the concentrated orb slicing through the air and shooting toward the bat. 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 21:59:58 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She gave a low whistle.[break][break]

Repeating attacks had its drawbacks, though Air Slash was notoriously difficult to dodge. The move had a long range, and as the Klefki dodged the bombardment of blades, Bailey chalked that to some degree of skill. It was not easily done.[break][break]

But, it wouldn't stop. When Mirror Shot was fired, it had the disadvantage of being a singular projectile.[break][break]

Vlad would corkscrew out of its radius, letting the attack launch into the pseudo-forest of the gym. From the low flight path, he would coast close to the ground but never letting his wings touch.[break][break]

“Again.”[break][break]

Another Air Slash—this time, it was delivered from an upward angle. The steel-type would be struck eventually, and when it was, all they had to do was wait for the flinch.[break][break]

Dirt rose from the feverish beating of his wings. Vlad the Crobat would have the endurance to maintain this mad, unrelenting assault.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:06:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
another hit - another partially rocked fairy who bobbed in the air.

but still no flinch.  

"again, klefki.
"

the fairy had only just recovered, swaying back and forth. he had acquired some scuff marks by now but was still in the fight. he merely remained idle and increasingly knowledgeable of the air slash's properties, aware that it'd be in his best interest to attempt dancing around them again once they come again. 

they hurt, after all. not badly - but enough for him to make that effort. 

another mirror shot was produced and flung. 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:14:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

No flinch.[break][break]

It was only a thirty percent chance, or so she had been told. It was a gamble, but it was a gamble that could repeatedly be taken. The key-pokemon had some degree of dexterity, but Vlad was no slouch either.[break][break]

When the attack struck, he moved to close the distance.[break][break]

He had speed. Crobats were known to be acrobatic fliers with their quad wings to assist their mobility. However, closing the distance meant that he would have less of a chance to dodge.[break][break]

Which was why he used Quick Guard, taking the brunt of the attack head-on knowing that the barrier would protect him.[break][break]

“Keep it up,” and a shotgun-like effect would take place as he intended to use Air Slash as close to his foe as possible.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:20:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait remained patient as well as observant. 

"metal sound.
"

another air slash, this one nigh impossible to avoid due to it having occurred at close range. so far it was only klefki that had suffered from any hits, their attempts at administering damage having failed three times in a row. 

'it'll hit - eventually. and when it does - ' 

the young woman's eyes narrowed upon the bat.

'i'm making sure it hits hard.' 

"metal sound,
" she repeated. 

metal sound wasn't wielded once but twice, the shrieks battering the eardrums of whomever was nearest. while the pokemon was releasing the sharp noise he sought to distance himself, the action a purposeful one. 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:29:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

No, it would not.[break][break]

She noticed the rapid bombardment of metal sound—she whistled to attracted Vlad's attention when the cacophony came to its end. In that moment, the two shared a stare that they equally understood. Their enemy was prepping for an attack. It was time to erase the progress that metal sound had made.[break][break]

“Tricky Dicky?” They would nod in joint agreement.[break][break]

Haze, black and ugly like smoke, would disperse from Vlad's pores.[break][break]

Vlad used Haze! The user has created a haze that eliminates every stat change among all the Pokémon engaged in battle.[break]

It would permeate in the air, slowly obscuring the visibility of the battle field, mixing with the dirt and dust that had been driven up from the endless abuse of air slash.[break][break]

But, it was quiet—no shouts for another attack could be registered.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:34:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait eyes were curiously bright despite the presence of  haze.

"metal sound.
"

they had taken no less than three steps back but she decided to simply repeat the steps. 

"metal sound.

the pokemon hollered, his call piercing the filthy air. she couldn't see - and neither could he - but he could process her orders well enough. 

'i have no idea where that damn bat is. it doesn't help that it doesn't need its eyes to see.' 

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:47:31 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

They had been using Air Slash to cause a flinch for a specific reason.[break][break]

With the haze permeating through the arena, the Crobat was able to navigate freely. With his enemies unable to detect his movements, there was nothing keeping him from listening for the jingle of the Klefki... when it wasn't using metal sound. The Crobat had to wait for the lull between attacks, when one attack transitioned into another, to try and hear its source.[break][break]

In the middle of the second metal sound, as the attack was being executed, something purple and phantasmal would cut through the haze—confuse ray.[break][break]

They were waiting for the chance to use the attack when crafty shield could not be utilized.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
hellbent [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:54:11 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the haze settled and a bewildered fairy was left in its wake. he bobbed wildly in the air, his mind wrought with a maddening power that had seeped in.

'damn.'

they were vulnerable now - indubitably so - but not completely helpless. cait could decide to attempt an order and risk having her pokemon injuring himself or wait it out.

'i've got to risk it.'  

"try mirror shot, baby!
"

her pokemon whined in response to her voice - and made an attempt. 

[ 1 - 33 chance of hurting itself. ]

3d3f45ON