slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2019 14:41:07 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
No gimmicks, no extra steps, no handicaps, just a gym battle between two trainers and the pokemon they brought with them.

The simplistic nature of Alex’s gym was much appreciated, the councilman more inclined to challenge the man before others because of the rules he had set.

Of course there was nothing wrong with standards other gyms had for themselves, but being who he was, Kim had little time and less patience for the frivolousness that came with something as simple as obtaining a badge.

So Alex was the first to be checked off on his list of gym’s, the lavender haired man happy to partake in the comparatively more relaxing experience.

My team will be as follows and in this order. Kirlia, Mismagius, and finally, Gothorita.

I haven’t battled in a while, so be a dear and go easy on me, Alex.

His tone was teasing as he winked an eye, the friendly pre-battle banter cut as he sent forth his first pokemon, a Kirlia, as previously mentioned.

I’m assuming you have counters to those such as myself who adjust their teams to prey on your weaknesses, right?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 5:53:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
modern gyms have too many gimmicks now that it takes the fun out of it. at least that's how he sees it, which is why his gym contrasts the others in the region. it is more reflective of the past. 

"the excuses come early! how unlike you, kim." 

unlike the councilman, alexander calls out just one pokemon: a clawitzer that floats across the battlefield through mythical powers. sometimes it's still strange seeing an aquatic pokemon floating on land. but it's just how things worked.

"i do. i normally keep the same team for challenges but for a councilman i suppose a change is necessary if i want to have a fighting chance." 

clawitzer snaps with his giant claw.

"you can have the first move, my friend."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 14:37:37 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
How kind of you.

His tone was sincere, a smile accompanying.

Anadyne.

A simple calling of her name was more than enough to set the Kirlia into play, the pokemon’s eyes glowing a bright purple as the same hue enveloped the Clawitzer, PSYCHIC lifting the pokemon before slamming it to solid ground. But the attack would not stop there, as a ball of light shifted in the Kirlia’s hands, a THUNDERBOLT shot to the downed Clawitzer’s location.

Ever heard the song Caramelldansen?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 3:47:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the psychic engulfs the water-type and slams him into the ground but only because he allows it to. he's biding his time, preparing for his counter as an aura sphere charges in his massive claw. only when the thunderbolt shoots out at him does he release his aura sphere, boosted by mega launcher.

the attacks collide, cancelling each other out. but there's a second dark pulse that follows, surging across the battlefield at great pace.

"i have not. can you sing it for me?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 12:51:41 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
It went something like… Dun-nun-nu-nun, come on eat a hand man. Yours only yours I’m not afraid of dancin’. It’s no lie, something something something. Hands in the air, we’re Caramelldansen.

A wave of energy brushed past Kim as well as Kirlia, the pokemon’s eyes locked on the Clawitzer as it attacked. She searched for an opening after the dark pulse, another THUNDERBOLT sent through the field as she was engulfed in the dark energy.

Something along those lines.

I recently watched the music video for it and it was… surreal.

Immediately following the electric attack, the Kirlia would display a DAZZLING GLEAM, the blinding flash of light shot towards the Clawitzer; aiming to blind and allow safe passage for the surge of electricity to land.

I don’t know if you remember but there was this huge surge of like, animated videos following that song. All these kids saw that video and went, “ that’s so KAWAII, I want to remake that. “ and I’m just wondering why. That video was downright terrifying.

You should watch the official music video for it. It’s spelled c-a-r-a-m-e-l-l-d-a-n-s-e-n.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 16:55:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
a wave of energy brushes past alexander as well, igniting him with a burning passion he hasn't quite felt in a long time. he bops his head to the broken rhythm and horrible singing.

clawitzer preemptively moves forward after his attack, looking to close the distance within seconds. the thunderbolt is evaded just narrowly but he falls short on the dazzling gleam. his narrow eyes blink but the attack is not enough to stop him from snapping his claws around kirlia's body for a smack down.

distracted by the song, alexander pulls up his phone and quickly taps away at the screen. "i think i found it." he turns the volume up as he steps over to the side of the battlefield. he walks over to kim.

"it is very catchy. can we try to dance?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 17:39:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
I thought you’d never ask.

Momentarily he would look over to the battle, the slight smile on his lips growing as he returned his eyes to Alex.

The Kirlia, while locked in the Clawitzer’s hold, put up a struggle, her horns glowing a yellow hue before discharging a THUNDERBOLT, the point blank range only intensifying its effect as the Kirlia let loose another, it’s power just as powerful as the first if not more so.

Do you think you can handle it on your own or should I be a more physical visual guide?

Contrary to his previous wording, Kim had practiced the dance on the rare occasion in his youth, he was confident muscle memory would not fail him.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 17:43:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"a more physical guide, please." 

he doesn't notice how he missed a word there. regardless, he places the phone on the ground, confident he's seen enough to know the general movements of it. he slides the video back to the beginning and looks to kim, his friend, his companion for the evening.

"teach me."

it's rewind time.

meanwhile, clawitzer almost succumbs to the damage but his dark pulse separates them once more. he flies back, landing not too far away. but he's still up.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 5:31:28 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The Kirlia struggled to a stand, the Clawitzer’s attacks taking toll on the pokemon’s frail body. She was about ready to give up until a voice rang in her head, the voice of none other than Kim, his docile tones connecting to the psychic type.

Coldsteel.

That one word was more than enough for the Kirlia, her eyes determined as she ran forward, staring the water type down as her slender legs carried her forward.

Watch me closely.

Kim’s hands would fold over his head as if they were cat ears, and slowly he would begin to twist his hips and dip, imitatiing the dance slowly, making sure he get’s the movements in.

Are you soakin this all in?

Mid sprint the Kirlia would disappear, TELEPORTing behind the Clawitzer, her hand sparking as she aimed it at the opposing pokemon.

psssh...nothing personnel...kid…” A psychic message sent to her opponent.

It was merely seconds until the lobster was enveloped in electricity, one final THUNDERBOLT sent surging through the water type.

She’d look to the sky, a single tear streaming down her face as she smiled, eyes slowly closing. She had won, but at the cost of her own health. The first battle was a draw.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 15:12:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
like his counterpart, alexander's hands find their way up to the side of his head to replicate cat ears. he twists his hips and dips, falling into a rhythm as he familiarizes himself with the beat. it doesn't take him long to perfect the dance, maybe even rivaling kim's.

"are you soaking this in? i am a natural." 

clawitzer cannot react in time. "n-nani--!" words escape in bubbles out of the corners of his mouth, frothing as the thunderbolt engulfs him. he faints, sinking to the ground, saliva drooling onto the soft ground.

from out of the shadows comes a roserade. her sudden appearance doesn't interrupt the dancing, thankfully. she prepares for battle by making the terrain grassy. flowers sprout from underneath, specifically convoluted around the two dancing men.

"it sure is getting hot in here!"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2019 17:01:53 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The way he moved was so spicy, each jostle of his hips causing him to almost perspire. If he continued to rival Kim, a kerchief would surely be needed.

But said kerchiefs would be saved, a metaphorical fire ignited within Kim as a Mismagius rose from his shadow, literal flares of Mystical Fire appearing around him as he smiled.

You’re good, but you’re only at beginner level.

As the music continued, he’d shift it up, his moves turning more aggressive, the flares shooting off towards the Roserade in sync with his newfound level reached.

Try to keep up.

The Mismagius took to the floor, floating in place as she eyed the Roserade down.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2019 9:32:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
kim has a valid point: he is only at beginner level. he furrows his brows as he watches kim shift up a gear and suddenly he finds himself unable to keep up. the rhythm moves too quick; kim's hips sway too irresistibly for him to copy.

roserade suffers a similar fate. she's unable to follow the movements of the MYSTICAL FIRE, the flames scorching away at her pretty green skin. the smell of burnt onions rises; a smell kim should be all too familiar with considering his affiliation with a certain onion girl.

as TOXIC as this post is, roserade looks to infect the mismagius with flowery petals. and like me, she looks to give her enemy the good succ with GIGA DRAIN.

alexander's picked up the pace as well, now adapting to the new dance. his hips shift left and right, arms flaying.

"easy."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 22:29:59 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim was getting really turnt up(on). A flip had been switched inside him that was hard to flip again, the councilman’s need to see more of Alexanders progression forcing him to give it his all.

You’re doing good. But how far will you go.

He would once more switch his dance up, movements fluid as he transitioned into a new jig, slower than the last and less complicated. But this facade was only a catalyst for what was to come.

Meanwhile, the toxic would take place within the ghostly visage of the Mismagius, her spirit aching with each passing second. Time was of the essence, but she would not sacrifice style for her own benefit.

Once more, the flames would rise, but within them, glimmers of multicolored, translucent rock hid, the beautiful combination of Mystical Fire and Power Gem shooting off towards the Roserade, Kim’s bountiful ass seen jiggling just out of the corner of the grass type’s vision.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 3:27:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
kim has taken the lead thus far but a change is imminent. as alexander grows more comfortable and his dancing abilities improve, he is suddenly overcome with the need to take control.

"far enough to win." 

he transitions into kim's dance and holds it for long enough to satisfy his partner. but then he switches to a dance as equally slow but far more passionate. he locks eyes with his partner and smirks.

"give me all you got!" 

roserade succumbs not to the heat of the MYSTICAL FIRE but of the dance. she sinks to the ground and is replaced by a politoed, who doesn't jump into battle just yet. he stands near alexander and does the same dance, except this RAIN DANCE makes them all wet.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
In Aisle Three [ g ]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 14:59:33 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim bites his lip, his moves pausing as Alex took the lead, snuffing his spotlight right before his eyes. And the moves he made, the absolutely extravagant display of caper he had stowed away up until now, they caught him off guard. The councilman would nearly, slip, trip, and tumble over his own feet, but a phantom force would catch him, the Mismagius seen floating behind the man.

With a nod, he would stand, moving onto the battlefield as the Mismagius stood to the side.

Alexander. I’m about to finish this.

His hand would move to the side, the Gothorita presenting herself, Kim nodding to the pokemon, the psychic nodding back.

A magic room formed around them, no longer was caramelldansen playing, it was pitch dark, and dead quiet, if one were to scream, it would go unheard even by themselves.

The only thing visible was Kim, who stood dead center of the field, his eyes closed until he looked to Alexander.

You made me do this.

It was time to unleash his ultimate move.

It would only take moments for the music to lift up from seemingly no source, a variety of effects taking place as the man danced, all choreographed by none other the the Gothorita.

This was it. This… was Dream Feet.