He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 2:04:12 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Shin mentioned meeting a blind boy earlier in the day. Though he mentioned another person, Aaron was more concentrated on the boy. "Don't suppose you caught a name?"

He didn't seem to mind the invitation. "I'll text him. If you got a location in mind, I'll let Kee know." Ace would type up a quick message. Just maybe he'll be lucky, and play match maker. "I can understand that. But you also need to have your breaks and day offs, to just sit back and relax. That's part of how to keep a healthy headspace." Not that he'd know. Sometimes he thought about things he probably shouldn't be thinking about.

The Serperior made a pleasing noise, and looking rather smug. Aaron's Gengar started to laugh at the serpeant after being told not to get a big head. "The arrangement is easy enough. Just need a location and day, and it'll be good to go." A ping on his phone meant that Kee had already answered yes. Not so succinctly, but it was a yes. "Kee already said yes. So wherever and whenever you want."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 17:32:59 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

”Hideo, it would be weird to shop with someone without knowing their name. I was telling him about seasonings he could keep on hand and an easy to make recipe to make if he wasn’t up to something that required a lot of effort or time,” he explained. He enjoyed helping people out when it came to cooking. And he hoped the younger teen would enjoy the recipe he had given him.
[break][break]
Hearing what he said he had to give it some thought. His cousin had been trying to get him to go to granite cave. On some kind of dare he believed. He knew his cousin wouldn’t put him in danger so he figured what had happened at granite cave was done and over with. His cousin hadn’t send anything about him having to go alone though.
[break][break]
”Granite Cave,” he said at last after having given it some thought. Hopefully his brother wouldn’t mind. He didn’t want to make someone uncomfortable after all. The teen wanted them to be friends since he figured from what Aaron had told him they were around the same age.
[break][break]
His watch vibrating on his wrist allowed him to know time was up. ”It has been thirty minutes,” he said as he stood up and headed back towards the kitchen sure Aaron would follow him.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 21:23:52 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
?! He was in town?! Well now...maybe it was time to catch up a little bit. "Yep, I know him. Hopefully he's still in town, it's been a bit since we caught up. Maybe I'll see if him and anyone else from the gang can come over for a little bbq..." Or something. He still felt really bad about . Maybe something decent and happy can cheer them up and get their minds off the world that's going to shit. And that's just Hoenn, not counting the personal bullshit that Eris was in because of some asshole League officials!

Aaron sent the location and date. Well, now things were out of his hands now. Kee was charming enough, it all just went down to Shin's preferences and what happens on the trip. "And done. He said he'll be there. Good luck and have fun. Thankfully things have settled down in Granite Cave...I've been there recently. So there shouldn't be anything too out of the ordinary." And if they did...at least Kee was a capable enough trainer. Even if Shin just supported him, they should be just fine. And that thirty minutes sure went by fast.

Getting up with enough noise to let Shin know that he was being followed, Aaron watched as his teacher pulled out the fish. "What's next?" There was also the sides to go with it, too...

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 4:23:54 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Huh? Small world,” the redhead said once Aaron claimed to know the other blind teen. It was interesting that he would meet two people that knew each other on the same day. ”I hope you catch him before he leaves Lilycove. I’m unsure if he planned on staying for awhile since I needed to cut our time short to set up for the lesson,” he explained somewhat apologetic that he could tell him rather the other teen might still be in the area.
[break][break]
After agreeing to go catch Pokémon with the younger brother and giving a location he waited to see if the younger teens brother would agree to the location. Aaron’s brother agreed to the location and he nodded when he heard what he had to say. ”Yeah I heard about the going ons in granite cave but I’d also heard the problem had be resolved and that it was okay to go there now. Or at least that’s what my cousin said. And they would never put me in harms way,” he told the younger male.
[break][break]
Even if there were still problems he would do whatever it took to help out Kee if he needed to. Though hopefully all they would have to do is battle wild Pokémon. When his alarm on his watch went off the two moved to the kitchen. Time seemed to have gone by fast when they were talking.
[break][break]
”Yeah can you get the fish out of the refrigerator while I get a sauce pan?” he asked upon hearing the inquiry. After having done that he opened the cabinet to get a sauce pan grumbling about people messing with his system. He usually put them in the front of the cabinet but the one he got out had been around the back of the cabinet.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 19:21:22 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron didn't expect Shin to know Hideo's plans, so it was fine. The blond would certainly hope that the guy's cousin wouldn't put him in harm's way. That would be some toxic family member if they did. Nodding, even knowing that Shin was blind, Ace would follow his teacher back into the kitchen and get the fish. He watched the guy mumble something while he took out the sauce pan. "I have the fish here." Ace said while he tried to listen to the guy's mumbling. Something about messing with his system. Sounded like someone needed a harsh lecture at the minimum.

He would follow Shin's instructions from there. Aaron did wonder about sides that would go well with this. Some kind of rice blend always goes nice with fish. "What kind of sides are we going to make with this?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 20:39:27 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He moved over to the counter putting the sauce pan down. It was only once he had done that that he would answer the older males question. ”I was thinking of making parsley potatoes and salad to go with the fish. Potatoes are something that can pretty much go with anything,” he explained.
[break][break]
”We’ll make the potatoes in the microwave to safe time. Usually I eat fries with fish but not in the mood for fries,” he told the younger male as he got out a few potatoes and started making quick work of peeling them. ”Can you put the fish in the sauce pan and turn on the oven?” he asked momentarily pausing as he addressed the younger teen.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 0:21:15 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron nodded. "And tofu." The bean had been used for millenia, and in some cultures, was basically treated as a potato, except it took on the flavor of whatever it was with. "How high?" The blonde did as instructed and put the fish in the sauce pan, then turned the oven on to whatever temperature Shin told him. His focus would be the main course then, just following instructions from his teacher. It was an interesting recipe that he should maybe try out at some point on his own, with maybe using and others as test subjects, just to see if he could pull it off.

Far as salads go, he was fine with most dressings, but he had to have more than just the tiny little bit that most restaurants usually give you. In his experience, there was very few that actually did give you enough. But he would follow any suggestions on what kind would go well with a salad with this particular meal by Shin, assuming he asked.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 3:43:32 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing what he had to say he nodded. Though some people didn’t like tofu for the texture. Or some people didn’t like it because they didn’t think it tasted like anything. He didn’t mind tofu though. But that was because he wasn’t a real picky eater. Never had been. And considering he was a chef for a living it was probably a good thing that he wasn’t picky.
[break][break]
”Put it on medium heat,” he said upon hearing the younger teens question. Peeling the potatoes didn’t take long so he began to cut them up into small wedges before putting them in a bowl with butter. The butter would need to be melted a bit first before adding the parsley to keep the parsley from sticking to the butter so he put the potatoes and butter in the microwave for thirty seconds to see if that would melt the butter enough before getting the stuff out for the salad.
[break][break]
He was unsure how the younger male took his salad so he had gotten out every salad topping that one could put on a salad. ”If you’re like me you’ll probably want to make your salad yourself. All the topping and other salad stuff are on the counter,” he told the younger teen.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:21:09 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Ace set it on medium heat, and watched it. He could hear Shin peel the potatoes and put them in the microwave. Probably just to melt the butter. So he just kept an eye on the fish and sauce until his teacher started to talk to him. Looking around, he saw what Shin had gotten out. "Alright." Hopefully the fish wouldn't burn, or Shin would "watch" over the main part of the meal. Aaron went over and made his own salad. Lettuce, onions, peppers, cheese, cabbage, and carrots. Thousand Island dressing was what he chose most often. Once he was done, he put it off to the side. "Done."

Now it was just for the fish to finish cooking and the potatoes. He focused on making sure nothing burned, and waited for Shin to tell him that it was ready to be taken out and put in a container for them to plate. It smelled good...

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 0:20:50 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

While Aaron fixed his salad Shin would make sure the fish didn’t burn. Luckily the microwave wasn’t far from the stove so when it went off again he could check on the potatoes while also keeping his remaining senses on the fish. The butter wasn’t quite melted enough so he put it on for another thirty seconds before moving back over to the stove.
[break][break]
It didn’t take the younger teen too long to fix his salad so he allowed him to return to the task of tending to the fish while he made his own salad. He had lettuce cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, cheese, croutons, and bacon bits on his salad. The dressing he chose was ranch.
[break][break]
Putting the salad to the salad he checked on the potatoes. Seeing that the butter was now melted enough he added the parsley before mixing it all up. Then he put it back in the microwave and putting it on the keep warm option before checking back in with the younger teen.
[break][break]
”How’s the fish coming along?” he inquired before continuing. ”It shouldn’t be to much longer.”[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:25:36 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron continued with the fish as Shin finished his own salad and checking on the potatoes. Poking the Veluza flesh a little, he couldn't tell if it was really done or not. Most fish turned very white when it was done cooking, though there was one that turned more pale pink. But all fish seemed to be pretty flakey when done. He hoped it was the same here. "It's not flakey yet, but seems to be pretty close..." Assuming Veluza was much the same as any other fish. It did smell good though.

Once it was done, the duo split the meal evenly, and after Aaron set the last of his meal down, he would ask Shin another question. "Need any help taking things over here?" Monotone and stoic, he still did what he felt was right. Though he was pretty positive his teacher would be fine. The sauce was evenly split, the number of filets were as well. The potatoes were both pretty even on size, and while the composition differed slightly, the salads were too. Shouldn't Shin be eating more than this? Or was Ace the odd one and not eating enough? "Is this going to be enough for you?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 20:18:19 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It seemed the fish was coming along nicely. Veluza was a lot like other fish when it was fried. It got a bit flakey. Not overly so, it wasn’t bird after off. But enough that it an added a bit of a crunch feel when biting Into it. Most bird Pokémon that are used as food got really crunchy when ate it. And one could actually cook fish and bird similarly if they planned on frying it.
[break][break]
He was pulled out of his thoughts by the younger teens question. He supposed that meant the fish was done. ”Do might grabbing the potatoes from the microwave?” he inquired as he went into the cabinet to get himself a glass before pouring him a cup of tea from the pitcher he had taken out of the refrigerator.
[break][break]
”What do you want to drink? I have tea, water, and different kinds of soda,” as he put the tea pitcher down. While he waited for his response he helped take things to the table and helped divide it evenly between them. Or at least he hoped it was pretty even.
[break][break]
Upon hearing his question he nodded. ”Yeah, I’m pretty good at knowing how much I can handle,” he reassured him.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 14:40:16 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Once the fish was done, he put them in the dish provided. He then grabbed a bowl to put the potatoes in, grabbing them when asked, making a sound of confirmation. As he was leaving to set the fish and potatoes on the table, Shin asked him what he wanted to drink. "Tea is fine." With Shin's help, they split things up. The red head nodded. A light eater huh...his mom would have a fit if she saw this. Ace and his brothers were all lucky they were as skinny as they were. As they sat down to eat, and the small blonde picked up his utensils, he did speak up. "Cheers."

First he prepared his potatoe, cutting it in half, smearing butter and a tiny dab of sour cream on it, then taking a bite of his salad. Only then did he take a bit of his fish. He could see why it was quite popular in Paldea. Even with the marinade. As expected, the potato went well with it, it goes well with everything. It was certainly an interesting recipe, definitely something to keep in mind for the future.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 20:46:11 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As he confirmed that tea would do he nodded before pouring another glass. Once that was done he put the pitcher of tea back into the refrigerator and took the drinks to the table. He would then return to the kitchen to help bring the food to the table. None of this would take long and soon enough the table was fully set.
[break][break]
“Cheers,” he returned before taking a bite. The food was good and he swallowed his bite of food before speaking. “If you want the recipe for anything I can get it for you. My aunt wrights them down so she can make them on her own. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind making a copy,” he told him as he mixed butter and bacon bits into his potato. [break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Lessons in Cooking [C]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 2:19:09 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
As they ate, Shin mentioned giving him a copy of this recipe. "I'd like that." He may have pretty good memory, but smaller details may escape him. Ace was a quiet eater, focused on chowing down the food. His Gengar was actually napping in a corner with his umbrella balanced on his head. Wierd...but oh well. As he finished eating, he had a question to ask. "Where do you want the dirty dishes?" He didn't know if the dishwasher was full or what, so figured he'd ask. Then he would assist in any clean-up. It would be rude to just leave it for his teacher to do by himself. Though it wouldn't take either of them long. When they were done, he'd gather all his things. "Thank you for the lesson." He bowed politely at the red head. His Gengar had woken up and decided to join him. But before leaving, he'd remind Shin of the time and day of his meetup with Ace's big brother.