awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 17:04:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

this is where he came back into her life. this is where the wind blew him, heart heavy with confession and wistful yearnings. it's been confusing for her, having to navigate long-dormant feelings that had been swallowed by grief. and he too, returned only to find the rest of the world, including she, had moved on. 

their last reunion had been bitter. anger still sat like a poison in her belly, plague stretching to stroke bitterness, hatred, envy. all the things that had undone her in the first place; all the feelings that had driven her to king. and she had been so scared that letting go of it, of that anger and that malice, would sever her ties to him.

she smiles warmly as she takes the iced teas in hand. the tea shop's open windows carry a breeze, but the heat still makes the back of her neck sweat. it still makes her hands slippery from the condensation on the cups. she bids farewell to the owner and leaves, crossing the floating streets to find him dockside.

boats bob in the marina. corsola surface to bask in the sun. she joins him with a smile and holds out his drink. 

"how are you?" she asks. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 3:28:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]it has been confusing for him, too, to have to find his place in the world once again—a world he still finds familiar and foreign at the same time as it had moved on without him.

"still adapting," he responds over his shoulder. he leans back, pulling his hands out of the water and away from a curious luvdisc.

he accepts the drink with a smile.

"how are you?"
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 4:32:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the ocean laps at the docks. he takes the drink from her hand and she squats down, fingertips stretching against the old, weathered wood. her legs fold and she rests her hands over her ankles, squinting up at the hot sky. it'd be nicer with more clouds, really, and her cheeks are already pinking from the short time she's spent in the sun. 

"still adapting," she says wryly with a raised brow.

she looks wistful for a moment. worries at her lower lip. "i've thought a lot about what you said...i've been taking it one day at a time. focusing on what makes me happy."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 4:39:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]though they are both adapting—struggling, more like—he is glad that they are both still here even if there may be the smallest of rifts between them. it is a rift he cannot seem to bridge no matter how small.

not yet, anyways.

"oh? do tell, freya."

he sips, then tilts his body to face her.

"what has made you happy recently?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 4:50:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

part of her is upset with him. part of her hates the hold he has on her - that just by questioning her, he's able to make her rethink everything. but the better part of her, the part that knows his goodness, missed his heart and his soul, is thankful, finally, to have a guiding light. 

"that i'm alive. that you're alive. that this region, and its people, won't stop trying. we're not just surviving. they - we - are making our moments count."

she chuckles, picking at a gnarled swirl of wood. "taking back sootopolis seems like a dream now. i'm...i'm happy where i am. making the most of it."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 4:58:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"that's all we could ever hope for, isn't it? that people continue to try. that they continue to live and to make every moment count. even the bad ones."

hope acts as the foundation of all he does and all he hopes to inspire in people. in the wake of his legacy, when the stones become nothing more than a point in hoenn's neverending history, as long as hope remains, then he knows he'll have done his part.

"i haven't had as many as i thought i'd have. bad moments, i mean."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 5:03:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it is all they could hope for. not until all of her ugly had been stripped bare and thrust back into her face, forced to be beholden, had she glimpsed past her intensities. perfection isn't the right word when describe what she strode toward, but it's damn well close. and unable to settle for anything but her own impossible standards, she failed and fell, again and again and again. 

now, to take a step back and just breathe, has made all the difference. 

she laughs. "no?" she has many and they spring to mind in flashes; though her smile falters, it does not wither. "but what of the ones you do have?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 5:10:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"oh, they're nothing. they're mostly regrets or occasional doubts."

he is quick to dismiss his own with a wave but catches himself this time. he takes a moment to chuckle before correcting himself.

"sometimes, it's this drifting feeling where it feels as though i'm meant to be tethered but there's nothing grounding me."

there was a time when he acted as that tether for her. in many ways, their roles have now swapped.

"i suppose i feel like a stranger. a guest."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 5:25:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

regrets or occasional doubts. she wants to dig deeper, to pick apart the bones and put them all out on the table. what he means to her - she can't lose that again. and that fear still sits inside of her, insecurities whispering all the ways he might disappear again.

now, at least, she thinks she won't have herself to blame. 

her jaw sets. would it have been different for him, if she had been ready with open arms to receive him? if their confessions had no obstacles?

her nail stops its scratching, gaze shifting from the foamy water and back to him. 

"i don't...want that for you." she sighs. "what can i do, alex?"

she muses aloud: "i've been more active doing grunt work. i could use a partner. gods know i need help with training the dragons too. it's been hard, managing the hoard, since...well, you know. or maybe we just have dinner. nice drinks. you could meet king.

"properly meet him, that is."
 not as a ghost and not on opposite sides hangs in the air between them.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 5:43:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]for a moment, he is silent. the chirping of wingull and the strong ocean breeze and her presence aren't enough to pull him away from the thoughts that ring in his head.

king's part of the problem. why can't she see that? or is she just pretending not to?

"that'd be nice."

but he smiles as though there's nothing wrong. as though there's no storm brewing within him.

"i take it things are going well between you two?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 17:23:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

red flags are waving in the corner of her vision, but she stays fixated on the sea's gentle rise and fall. work for the people, meaningful work, is something they did together years ago, but he doesn't push the topic. he doesn't plan for their, his, future. 

i take it things are going well between you two?

she would rather talk about dragons.

"they are," she says. "i live in slateport now. with him." she almost says and with his daughter, but it doesn't feel right to share. her pause is brief, barely noticeable, before she recovers.

"he's a good cook, actually." ought to be, with how often he jokes about being her house husband. "and he can bake." she gets a stupid grin on her face and rubs at it with her hand in an attempt to wipe it off. she explains, "he made a silly little salamence cake for me on my birthday."

more quietly, smile falling just a little, "if it's too much, i get it, but...he's a permanent fixture in my life." we can't keep skirting around the past
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 8:45:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he would rather talk about anything else and yet here he sits beside her, listening with the intent of a friend who cares deeply. in a way, he does, but for all the wrong reasons.

"no, no, it isn't too much."

he shakes his head, reassuring her with a smile.

"let's do it, then. dinner. it would be good to see him again."

they didn't really get a chance to have a conversation last time.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 0:45:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"good," she says, relieved. she smiles and wipes some of the sweat from the back of her neck. her hands drift over and into the water. a couple of curious corsola float upward to blow bubbles at her fingers. 

"i came here a lot, after what happened with you. before king. before fernando. i didn't have sootopolis, but i had this." she sips at her tea and hums.

"after all this time, pacifidlog still feels the same."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
memories
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 9:31:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"that it does."

he sips at his tea.

"i read a report recently that suggested some rocket influence here."

he glances around, noting just how quiet the town actually is even during what those in the city would consider rush hour.

"i've yet to see anything that confirms it, which i'm thankful for."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
memories
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 5:10:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it doesn't surprise her. but one could argue there's rocket influence everywhere these days. despite her coming to terms with her anger, she still feels that those lines have blurred. both sides have blood on their hands. 

"mm, it would make sense. the wormhole to the ultra deep sea is so close. have you been?" she asks. "to any of them?"

has he gone back to the border, since his return?