i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
We got ourselves a Whopper! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 8:44:21 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam had no idea what in the world this Snorlax had been eating but whatever it was needed to be sold in every store around the world because this shit was apparently a super food. This Snorlax was huge, much bigger than any other Snorlax Adam had ever run into before.

When he showed up to the scene a large group of people were gathered around the Pokémon and now he can tell why. They apparently tried a few different things to get the Pokémon to wake up and move out of the way but nothing they tried worked so far.

”C’mon big boy work with me here!” Adam groaned as he nudged the Snorlax with his boot to no response. Hell, he’d take the Snorlax getting pissed off and waking up to try and beat his ass if that meant the damn thing would just move out of the way.

People had places to go things to do and this was not helping. They were getting antsy and to make matters even tenser was the fact that all eyes were on Adam to get this situation fixed or he’d have to worry about more than just a miffed Snorlax.

The silver-haired male brainstormed ideas as he awaited his partner to show up. Two heads would certainly be better than one, no?

A different perspective might help them come up with something he hadn’t thought about. Maybe they could just tie a damn rocket to the thing and send it to the moon or something. Yeah, that’d work.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 14:40:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Normally Avery didn't head out on important missions, simply due to anxiety and lack of Pokemon strength. She raised baby Pokemon, not powerful gym battling ultra Pokemon.

But, when she had been approached by someone from the League asking specifically for her help due to her knowledge of the Snorlax breed, she had found it difficult to say no. In a way, it would have been like lying, and she couldn't bring herself to lie.

That didn't mean she wasn't scared out of her mind at the prospect of making a fool of herself.

Munchlax and Riolu would tag along behind her as she made her way through a crowd. Her hands were shaking as she glanced at all of them, watching them watch her expectantly. They really assumed she could do something about this, didn't they?

When she finally looked up to see just how big of a problem she was facing, she audibly gasped at the sheer size of the Snorlax.

"Oh my gods! This is the biggest Snorlax I've ever seen!"

One more glance around helped her identify the young man she was supposed to be working with. He was nudging the Snorlax's belly with his foot, not that it did anything.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2019 0:24:45 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Yeah I didn’t even know they came in this size!” Adam scoffed; not having paid too much attention to whomever had just made that comment about the Snorlax’s size. He scratched his head again, really mulling it over before realizing someone really did just say something to him.

When he looked over at who it was exactly he was pleasantly surprised to see such a cute little thing standing with her Munchlax and Riolu. Was this who he was going to be working with? Well seeing as she had a Munchlax maybe she had some idea on how to handle its evolution.

If that were the case than things would probably be easy moving forward now. ”Name’s Adam Shepard, nice to meet you.” He’d say as he approached her, a hand extended to shake hers.

”Given the situation we’re in a bit of a crunch situation. Don’t want to keep these annoyed people waiting any longer than they need to be, lot of people go to go to work and what not. Last thing we need is for them to direct the brunt of their anger from the Snorlax to us.” He joked, only being half serious.

His eyes would move from the woman and back to the Snorlax. ”So got any ideas? I was thinking maybe if we could wake it up with some food. Big guy might pop right outta bed for some tasty grub.” A simple response but it was better they started somewhere rather than not doing anything.

And hey it just might work you never know and Adam hoped it did. Anything to prevent them from going to a more violent response would be preferred. Fighting a pissed off Snorlax of this size was definitely not on his to do list.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2019 15:48:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery would stand still, perhaps a little stunned by the situation she was presented with, or maybe startled by the man offering to shake her hand.

Regardless, it would take the woman a brief second of thought and recognition of the situation to finally extend her own hand. A small smile appears on her lips as she looks up at her new partner.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Shepherd. My name is Avery Collins."

His next instructions or rundown of the situation would go through without a hitch, Avery wouldn't speak up to interrupt. Instead, she would actually continuously nod, a serious expression settling on her face.

"Well.. to be completely honest with you, I've only had Munchlax for a couple of weeks. But whenever he falls into a deep sleep it's because he's just finished eating. Sometimes he'll be out for hours. I imagine Snorlax is the same. He must have just eaten his fill - I don't think he'll still be hungry."

Worry left a crease in her forehead as she tapped her chin in thought. His hypothesis might work, but something was telling her that it wouldn't.

"Sometimes when I sing to Munchlax he wakes up. I usually have an instrument though, I'm afraid I'm not the best singer."

She reaches around to her purse, rummaging through for a moment before retrieving a very rough-looking flute. It's hand-carved and looks like it's been passed down for generations.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 3:39:39 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam listened to the woman’s words, nodding every now and then. Her experience with Munchlax would prove to be useful despite her making it sound like it wouldn’t bare any fruit. She should honestly have more faith in herself but that was a conversation for another day.

”Eaten his fill huh.” Adam spoke to himself in almost a whisper as he looked over from Avery to the Snorlax in question. What and how much did this big guy have to eat to be out like this? The very thought of the amount of food sent shivers through Adam’s body.

Thinking about it would make him sick so he quickly dispelled the thoughts as to save his stomach from the trauma. ”Sing?” What an idiot he was! Adam should have figured that song would be a good way to wake up sleeping beauty here from its slumber.

He watched as Avery pulled out what looked to be a worn flute, clearly being quite aged. Would a flute even work on a behemoth like this? Well it was better than nothing and it wasn’t as if Adam had any better ideas, though one that might work did just pop into his head.

”Music is a great idea! You get to trying to wake him up with that flute of yours while I go get us a backup plan.” After he said that the man wandered off in quite a hurry. ”I’ll be right back! Good luck with the flute!” Those were the last words he’d say to Avery before disappearing into the sea of people that were watching the duo do their work. Now what exactly was Adam running of for? If music was going to be the key to this mission then they were going to have to bring the noise and Adam knew just how.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 14:29:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery would also nod along as he repeated a few of her words of advice. It was a little bit awkward overall, given that she really didn't have much else to say.

As he would glance over to take another look at the Snorlax, perhaps wondering the same thing as her: 'Just where did he get so much food to eat?', Avery would suddenly see exactly what he had eaten.

"Oh my! He must have gotten into the food trucks nearby."

She points in the direction of several overturned and destroyed carts. Trash is littering the streets and cart-owners are frantically and angrily trying to clean up the mess.

With her flute in her hands, she would find that her fingers covered the small holes with practised accuracy. What she wasn't prepared for, however, was Adam's very abrupt leave. The man had encouraged her and praised her great idea, but had immediately melted into the crowd.

Granted, he had said he'd be right back, but a flush of panic left the back of her neck hot and uncomfortable, and her hands had begun to shake.

"O-okay.."

She blew into the flute nervously, the song coming out in short, messy bursts. Even Munchlax to her left covered his ears in irritation. It seemed to have stirred the Snorlax though, but his hand reaches up in irritation to swat, crushing someone else's cart they had just got standing upright.

"Hey! If you're gonna play, at least do it right you stupid girl!"

The shout of the stranger caused her to wince, an apology barely slipping out of her mouth. Riolu put his paw on her knee, nodding to her to try and calm her down. One deep breath settled her anxieties for a moment before she tried again.

And this time, the music played quite beautifully, even Munchlax was dancing.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:13:56 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Now where exactly had Mr. Shepard run off too? Well when he had came into the city earlier he had noticed a particular shop when he made his way to the Snorlax’s resting place. He didn’t think much of the place when he passed it the first time but it had popped into his mind when Avery had brought up music and pulled out her flute.

And boy was he glad that he remembered the place and where it was and didn’t have to wander through the city aimlessly looking for it. His whole planned hinged on this place having what he needed.

The crowd that had tightly packed themselves nearby the Snorlax which had been so intently distracted by Avery’s playing began to disperse and open has a truck pulled in. It was more reversing in the anything but the point of the matter was the crowd started to move and Adam’s plan had become clear.

The man stood on top of the truck’s rear bed a rather fancy looking guitar in his hands. Hooked up to this guitar were hilariously large amps that every neighbor who didn’t want to be disturbed by their neighbor’s kid’s garage band had nightmares about.

Adam was fully prepared to throw a full-blown god damn concert but he was going to see if Avery’s playing would actually manage to wake up the Snorlax. He’d place the guitar down and step off of the truck, walking over to Avery.

”That sounds great, you’re pretty good. Hopefully, this wakes him up cause if not I’ve got a backup plan…a loud one.” He’d say, his eyes focused on the Snorlax. If there was any sort of movement or sign of it waking up he’d catch onto it, planning on watching for a bit longer before saying fuck it and going with his plan. Plus, who didn’t enjoy an excuse to cut loose and shred?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 15:58:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It felt like hours had gone by while Avery continued her sub-par flutesmanship. While she wasn't a terrible musician, she certainly wasn't experienced. And the awkward silence that stemmed from her attempt at waking the Snorlax was also ultra uncomfortable.

So when Adam returned - probably in record time, she just felt like it had been a long time - she was visibly relieved and even seemed to wilt a little bit, removing the flute from her lips.

Snorlax had maybe moved a little bit, but didn't seem at all interested in the silly little song she had played.

"Thanks, but it's not working. I guess I'm not that good, or at least, he doesn't think so."

She seemed a little crestfallen to admit this, but she would look at the guitar he now held.

"A loud one? Are you sure that's safe? We don't really wanna scare him, do we? He might like.. get really angry and try to take out the whole street."

Avery frowned, tapping her chin. Eventually the girl would shrug, however. In the end, she wasn't qualified to say anything one way or another. She had literally no idea what do to in this situation.

"Go for it! I kind of want to hear you play anyway."

In preparation, Avery's Pokemon would both cover their ears, meanwhile, the young woman was beaming with excitement.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 16:17:23 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Hey don’t beat yourself up about it. Maybe the Snorlax isn’t that into this kind of music.” Adam at least thought the girl played well. But seeing as that didn’t seem to work they would have to go with plan b, it was time for Adam to get in on the action. The man was excited; it had been a while since he played anything so it was time to shake some rust off and rock!

Adam started to walk back toward the truck as Avery spoke. ”Eh I’m sure we’ll be fine! Worst case scenario we fight a giant Snorlax! Sounds kind of fun actually.” He said calling back to her as he got back to the truck.

Much to his surprise there were other people who had set up some instruments. A pair of old men had set up a drum set and the other held a bass. ”Huh we’re like a legit band now, ain’t we?” He scoffed, not sure where these crazy old men had come from.

”Ah what the hell the more the merrier right?!” Adam got into position. Funnily enough another person was walking around handing out ear plugs to make sure no one went deaf today. Adam took a deep breath, it was do or die time and honestly he hoped he remembered how to play.

”Alright boys let’s fucking do this! THREE…TWO…ONE!” It was a bit awkward at first but once Adam got into that groove it was like riding a bike. And boy was this shit loud, they had turned the area into a live rock concert and their playing wasn’t half bad.

It was definitely the type of music your stuck up parents would hate and think it was nothing more than just “noise”. The only one Adam was concerned with putting on a good show for was the Snorlax and the big boy was moving.

The tension in the air was thick as the giant Pokémon stood up, glaring down at the people below. That tension was quickly lifted as the Snorlax seemed to like the music, the damn thing started to head bang to it for Christ’s sake.

Once they were done playing and the Snorlax seemed to be in good spirits it was time to get the big boy outta here. ”Okay big guy I’m glad you enjoy the music but we need to get you somewhere else. Can’t be sleeping in the city like this.” The Snorlax seemed sort of embarrassed to have caused such trouble. They’d make sure that the Snorlax got relocated somewhere safe.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 23:26:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her cheeks flush with colour, slightly embarrassed and flattered by Adam's fleeting compliment, but her eyes would widen in surprise and amusement as he'd dash off to collect his guitar.

Soon enough, several other people would join in, bringing with them drums and bass and likely various other instruments that Avery had no knowledge of. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she began to laugh.

Adam's enthusiasm encouraged the townspeople, it seemed, and they began to hoot and holler with excitement at the prospect of rocking out and actually having some fun.

Of course, that sense of laid-back relaxation that somehow stemmed from loud, brash music that literally rattled the eardrums quickly turned into stressful, silent tension as the Snorlax got to its feet. The wash of relief was immediate and exhausting when the wild Pokemon began to headbang along with the music that had died down a little bit at the Snorlax's awakening.

After that, it would only take some coaxing from more experienced townsfolk, and probably Adam and his Pokemon, to get the Snorlax to leave the vicinity. It would be beneficial if he just left the city entirely, but they could probably only do so much.

Granted, Snorlax was starving again and Rustboro was nearly wiped of all available food sources.

Someone had the brilliant idea to coax the beast with a fresh plate of fried chicken and lead him out the back route of Rustboro.

"Well.. that was fun! I'm glad it worked out so well, I have to admit, I wasn't prepared to battle a Snorlax. Battling really isn't my thing in general."

Her nervous laugh matched with her hand that brushed her forehead to wipe stress sweat from her brow.

"I think it's time I get home, though. It was nice to meet you!"