Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 15:58:30 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

After Dorian landed on the transport, he'd find, much to his horror, that his backup all began to plummet into the waters below. He would attempt to take off on Flaming Lizzy, in order to catch them. The Charizard failed to take to the skies, thus the two were forced to watch as the others sank like rocks.

Dorian would recall his Charizard, sending out his faithful Magmar in her place.

"Smoochie, let's wipe out these interlopers!", growled the Mad Dog.

The two would advance through the ship, until they spotted a familiar youth standing in their path.

"I should've known you'd be involved.", remarked Dorian.

"Just know that I'll show you no mercy. Your interference cannot go unpunished."

The Magmar would blast a Flamethrower in the direction of the boy, and his Orbeetle.

tags:
notes: June's "Make It Double." Continuing from Rescue

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 14:26:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fiery climax

Vs:

"Oh, don't give yourself so much credit." The colonel said.

Nuts and bolts loudly ejected off their hinges as containers and cargo were torn off the deck and began to hover in the air, gravitating around his Mega evolved Orbeetle like moons around a planet.

"I'm not here for you." He said... before smiling. "Well. I wasn't."

They had their VIP. He could afford to switch priorities... just this once.

At the former beast's threats, the youths expression solidified into a cold mask, swallowing down the fire raging in his chest as he raised a hand towards one of the many men responsible for scarring his childhood.

"Took the words right out of m'mouth, Westcliff." He said.

His Orbeetle's gaze fixed onto the man and his Magmar, fire blasting towards them.

"Go."

One of the cargo containers suddenly dropped between them, slamming with enough force to dent the deck beneath it as the fire blasted into its surface.

The colonel disappeared from view behind it, but his Orbeetle could be seen just fine, floating high in the air as it held its arms towards them and began to launch containers like tetris pieces, using them to entrap and separate the rocket chaff.

The only dangerous rocket there was Dorian Westcliff. The fodder could be ignored, once it was put aside.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 17:35:19 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Let me guess, the Councilwoman?", Dorian inquired.

"I assume your friends already swept her up, and you're staying behind to stall for them?", he continued.

"The Brass is gonna be furious with this, but I'm sure a League Avatar, and Colonel would make for a good consolation prize.", Dorian remarked smugly.

Dorian growled as the container landed between them as cover. He would immediately toss a Pokeball over the fallen container, his Chandelure.

"Smog! Lava Plume!", Dorian ordered quickly.

The Chandelure would aim the opening at the top of his head towards the Orbeetle, bellowing out a thick cloud of Smog towards the Mega Orbeetle. The old Magmar would release a Lava Plume that would scorch the area around them. The Chandelure would remain unharmed, Flash Fire activating and allowing him to flourish under the attack.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 16:06:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fiery climax

Vs:

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/1034941528063348826/Green_Veteran.mp3[/player]

"No. They don't need my help to get away."

The smog suddenly parted. Lava splattered against an invisible force, gravity upturned around the colonel like a barrier as he advanced, his Orbeetle hovering over him.

The deck creaked and whined as it began melt, the large structure crying out under the massive weight of cargo atop it.

The air shimmered around the colonel as he advanced, framed by cascades of dripping lava, his silhouette beginning to spill outwards as glowing pink scales began to hover in the air.

"I'm here because you are."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 3:43:20 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Dorian's growled in irritation as the attacks his Pokemon unleashed suddenly parted. The Mega Orbeetle seemed to be the cause.

The Chandelure aimed up at the Orbeetle, attempting to hose it down with a Flamethrower. The Magmar would join his ghostly brother in doing the same. They figured if they took out the Orbeetle, then they could deal with the brat controlling it.

"Tell me, boy, what did I do to you, specifically?", he'd ask.

Perhaps now, he'd get a straight answer from the brat.

tags:

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 12:58:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fiery climax

Vs:

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/1034941528063348826/Green_Veteran.mp3[/player]

His gaze rolled over the Magmar and Chandelure.

His grandstanding had forced Omega to engage in a lopsided defensive battle until now. His childish desire to see the man before him as fearful as he had once been had put his pokemon at risk, and had nothing to show for it so far.

To begin with, trying to intimidate a man like Dorian Westcliff was an exercise in futility.

"... Tch. Why don't you look back on your distinguished career and take a guess?!" He snapped, raising a hand towards the man and his pokemon.

"Shadow Storm, Water Shuriken!"

The Orbeetle's eyes glowed a deep red, before a dark aura surged from within him, swirling around it before barreling outwards like a whirpool, barreling into the twin flamethrowers, the dark glimmer being slowly pushed back by the combined forces—

And then, a number of large water stars barreled into the storm, mixing together into a proper whirpool and quickly expanding outwards, swallowing the flames whole.

From the whirpool, a small shadow barreled through, the young officer's silhouette suddenly charging out and leaping at the former Beast, his knee flying towards the man face.

"Let me give you a reminder!"
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 4:36:31 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"That is a long career to look back on, boy! How about you point me in the right direction!", Dorian sneered at the boy.

The attempt to take out the Orbeetle backfired, as the Mega Evolved Pokemon was using Shadow Storm to hold it back, before his Accelgor would nullify it with Water Shuriken.

Dorian reached for his belt, attempting to get his Incineroar out. But by the time he managed to retrieve the dark tiger, the boy hopped out from the vortex, kneeing him in the face, and sending him flying back. Dorian looked up angrily and defiantly. He was no stranger to pain, and it would take more than that to take him out.

In the process, he ball flew out of his hands, hitting the crate, and sending out Mister Bigglesworth.

"Not a very good reminder, boy!", Dorian spat back out at him, as he moved to get back to his feet.

The Magmar would take the time to usher in a Sunny Day, in order to empower his allies. Meanwhile, Spooky McGlowerson would attempt to burn the Orbeetle with a Will-O-Wisp. As this happened, the Incineroar would attempt to charge down the Orbeetle with a violent Flare Blitz from behind.

tags:

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 18:48:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fiery climax

Vs:

"How about another, then?!" Shouted the youth, taking a swing at the larger man's chin.

Things couldn't go well for Doug forever; his luck wasn't that good.

As yet another one of Dorian's fire types took to the scene— Orbeetle's mega evolution faltered and peetered out, leaving a dizzier, much smaller beetle in its place to take the brunt of a triple assault.

Accelgor moved in quickly to try and intercept, unleashing Water shurikens— but against the sun empowered flare blitz, there was little to do as both bug types were clotheslined, sending the Orbeetle crashing through one of the cargo containers in an booming slam, and the Accelgor rag dolling across the steel deck, its body disappearing into a shadowy corner.

"Garo!" Shouted Doug as his gaze snapped over his shoulder, briefly looking away from his own opponent. "Shit!"
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:44:32 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Thanks to the warning, Dorian was able to lean back away in time to dodge the punch coming for his chin. The man had his guard up, ready for what was to come.

It would seem the tide was beginning to turn. The Mega Evolution of the Orbeetle had faded away, the oppressive gravity overtaking the area normalized. His Incineroar was able to land a good hit on not only the Orbeetle, but the Accelgor. Though this came at the price of his vitality. The reckless charge did quite a number on him. But the Incineroar was still standing.

The Chandelure would fire a Shadow Ball towards where the Orbeetle went flying to. The Magmar would attempt to fire a Confuse Ray into the corner where the Accelgor had seemingly crashed into, before the Incineroar let loose a Flamethrower from his belt after it.

With the boy's back turned, Dorian capitalized, attempting to grab onto his shirt, before unleashing a flurry of powerful punches towards his head.

"Use. Your. Words. Boy!", Dorian scolded him as he attempted to wail on him. "What did I do to you!?"

tags:

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Fiery Climax (Mission)
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 1:40:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fiery climax

Vs:

The Accelgor rolled along the ground before launching forth like a bullet, its body glowing as its wounds healed through recovery, flying through errant flames and other blows to reach its ally and grabbing the Orbeetle in a rush, not stopping for even a moment as it leapt atop one cargo container and then to the next.

Things could've been going better.

"Gagk— Urgh— Oup—! Fuuugk—!?" Doug's gagged grunts and wheezes filled the air as he got pummeled with questions (and fists).

Getting his face punched in hadn't been part of the plan, but then, the plan had fallen apart long ago. He could only be glad that the others had gotten away already.

Luckily (?) for Doug, he could afford the consequences of being careless and reckless.

His face glowed with each blow he took, bruised eyes shining as gleaming pieces of skin(?) tore off and floated in the air, a colorful, magenta aura around them.

Just as quickly, his face seemed to heal.

Hopefully, these proved distracting for Dorian— because the youth swung his foot right around the time his bruised eye recovered enough for him to see, his shin flying towards the other man's groin...

Though whatever the result of that was—

CREEEAAAK! CLANG! KRRRRRRKK!

The steel deck broke open without warning, tearing off from one end of the freighter to the other (and crucially, towards them) like a container of canned food.

The ship beneath their feet trembled as if a sea seism was rocking its foundation... and the line of the horizon in the distance began to lower.

No— the freighter was rising in the air, the cargo around them also suspending itself above as if gravity had once again been negated. However—

The orbeetle remained unconscious?

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/892597733599379476/Lele_is_here.mp3[/player]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights